ImageImageImageImageImage

Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

User avatar
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
Posts: 11,571
And1: 3,318
Joined: Mar 01, 2005
 

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#201 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:45 am

Little Digger wrote:I think Wiseman goes #1...just probably not to Minnesota


Is that the best case scenario for the Warriors? 2nd best prospect is taken first, then the Warriors dangle the #1 prospect to teams like Milwaukee and Los Angeles?

I could see someone wanting to steal Wiseman.
PockyCandy wrote:Is Ball's shot any more ugly than Curry's? Curry just seems to launch it towards the basket like an 8 year old.
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 8,458
And1: 1,454
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#202 » by Onus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:53 am

I read that Edwards has never been on a winning team throughout hs, aau and college. That’s scary
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
HiRez
General Manager
Posts: 9,245
And1: 1,961
Joined: Dec 29, 2011

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#203 » by HiRez » Sun Sep 6, 2020 8:00 pm

I'll upgrade my list (now we know we're at #2 but trade-down remains a distinct possibility)

1. Wiseman (still fills the most needs)
2. Okongwu (fills needs like Wiseman but trades size for mobility/versatility)
3. Haliburton (solid Steph backup, good passer, shooter, defender, and rebounder)
4. Vassell (great Klay replacement/backup, 2-way player)
5. Avdija (seasoned playmaker with positional versatility)
6. Okoro (strong lock-down perimeter defender to check LeBron/Kawhi with slash/lob hops)
7. Edwards (very high upside but too much bust potential)
8. Ball (great court vision but too many question marks elsewhere)
9. Toppin (nice inside-outside combo offensive game, great PNR potential)
10. Williams (powerful athlete but may lack the "killer instinct")

If the Wolves pick Wiseman or trade the pick to someone who does, it's honestly hard to choose at #2, I can see a case for any of the next 6-7 guys.
User avatar
The Maestro
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,572
And1: 51
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#204 » by The Maestro » Sun Sep 6, 2020 8:45 pm

Trade the pick but if we can’t

1 Edwards
2 Haliburton
3 Vassell
4 Williams
5 Deni
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#205 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:13 pm

The Maestro wrote:Trade the pick but if we can’t

1 Edwards
2 Haliburton
3 Vassell
4 Williams
5 Deni


So this is the last time I will bug you about it. And no malice meant on my part, so if I come off that way, I apologize.

Are you willing to make some sort of minor bet, like a sig or something? The bet being what you said, “There is zero chance that the Warriors take Wiseman”
My part of the bet is that if Wiseman is there when we pick, I say the Warriors take him.

?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
The Maestro
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,572
And1: 51
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#206 » by The Maestro » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:29 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:Trade the pick but if we can’t

1 Edwards
2 Haliburton
3 Vassell
4 Williams
5 Deni


So this is the last time I will bug you about it. And no malice meant on my part, so if I come off that way, I apologize.

Are you willing to make some sort of minor bet, like a sig or something? The bet being what you said, “There is zero chance that the Warriors take Wiseman”
My part of the bet is that if Wiseman is there when we pick, I say the Warriors take him.

?


Sure I’ll make a sig bet. But the Warriors have to take him and keep him. Agreeing to a trade before the draft and taking him for another team doesn’t count. Or taking him and trading him a few picks later.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#207 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:41 pm

The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:Trade the pick but if we can’t

1 Edwards
2 Haliburton
3 Vassell
4 Williams
5 Deni


So this is the last time I will bug you about it. And no malice meant on my part, so if I come off that way, I apologize.

Are you willing to make some sort of minor bet, like a sig or something? The bet being what you said, “There is zero chance that the Warriors take Wiseman”
My part of the bet is that if Wiseman is there when we pick, I say the Warriors take him.

?


Sure I’ll make a sig bet. But the Warriors have to take him and keep him. Agreeing to a trade before the draft and taking him for another team doesn’t count. Or taking him and trading him a few picks later.


Got it, and agree fully!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,512
And1: 2,083
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: The Charcoal State
   

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#208 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:48 pm

Can I side bet? If Minnesota passes on Avdija, I’ll bet a gadzillion on the warriors passing on Wiseman

But man..Avdija would fit in near perfectly with Sota
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 1,469
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#209 » by jason bourne » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:03 am

1. LaMelo Ball - Pro ball experience, pure PG, excellent size for PG, potential to shoot from deep
2. Anthony Edwards - Can shoot and create own shot, quickest first step, can drive to basket, athleticism, combo guard, size, body to play right away
3. Deni Avdija - Size, 3-pt shot, pro experience, best Euro prospect, potential to play stretch 4, rebounding, good hands
4. Obi Toppin - Offensive game, nice vertical, physically strong, can absorb contact, smooth in transition and on attack in open floor, rebounder, PF, ready to contribute right away, weak laterally, not good recognition on D, can't change direction easily
5. Onyeka Okongwu - Defensive strength, rebounder, athletic, inside scoring, needs to develop shooting mechanics, needs to develop lower body strength for next level, not good lateral movement, needs interior presence
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
watch1958
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,253
And1: 283
Joined: Aug 03, 2001

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#210 » by watch1958 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:10 am

I'm looking for the next Nemanja Nedovic.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 49,965
And1: 8,900
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: There is no public health without the public.

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#211 » by floppymoose » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:34 am

^ he had a nickname.... what was it ?
HiRez
General Manager
Posts: 9,245
And1: 1,961
Joined: Dec 29, 2011

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#212 » by HiRez » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:45 am

floppymoose wrote:^ he had a nickname.... what was it ?

I think they called him “The European Derrick Rose” lol. And of course we also had Mikael Pietrus “The French Michael Jordan”. Maybe Nedovic also had a nickname that had something to do with that One Direction backpack Draymond and Bogut made him wear but I can’t remember what.
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 1,469
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#213 » by jason bourne » Mon Sep 7, 2020 3:28 am

You mean Deni Advija isn't the Israeli-Serbian Luka Doncic :oops: ?
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#214 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 3:33 am

floppymoose wrote:^ he had a nickname.... what was it ?


Euro Derrick Rose
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 1,469
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#215 » by jason bourne » Mon Sep 7, 2020 4:53 am

Hm.. Next season, he could be the Lakers Derrick Rose.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
Posts: 7,906
And1: 3,811
Joined: Oct 19, 2010
 

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#216 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:58 am

Looking back on previous mock drafts... the 2011 one scares me because perennial All-Stars Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard were always projected to go in the middle of the first round while guys like Brandon Knight and Alec Burks were top 10. Enes Kanter projected top 5.

Praying this 2020 draft doesn’t end up with so many future All-Stars coming from that 10-15 range while many in the Top 5 become busts.
#DubNation
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#217 » by ShayDee » Mon Sep 7, 2020 8:42 am

Same list but different order now

1. Desmond Bane (I will die on this hill. He will be our Tyler Herro/Duncan Robinson. Klay replacement down the line)
2. James Wiseman (still fills the most needs, high 2-way potential)
3. Saddiq Bey (I Value shooting way more than anyone here)
4. Devin Vassell (backup, 2-way player)
5. Deni Avdija (seasoned playmaker with positional versatility)

Also my top 2nd round/undrafted sleepers, in no order, just for record

Trevelin Queen
Justinian Jessup
Malik Fitts
Sam Merrill
Nate Darling
Jahmi'us Ramsey
Ty-Shon Alexande
Immanuel Quickley
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#218 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 4:52 pm

ShayDee wrote:Same list but different order now

1. Desmond Bane (I will die on this hill. He will be our Tyler Herro/Duncan Robinson. Klay replacement down the line)
2. James Wiseman (still fills the most needs, high 2-way potential)
3. Saddiq Bey (I Value shooting way more than anyone here)
4. Devin Vassell (backup, 2-way player)
5. Deni Avdija (seasoned playmaker with positional versatility)
Also my top 2nd round/undrafted sleepers, in no order, just for record

Trevelin Queen
Justinian Jessup
Malik Fitts
Sam Merrill
Nate Darling
Jahmi'us Ramsey
Ty-Shon Alexande
Immanuel Quickley


If you are a good GM you would find a way to get Bane without using the #2. But if you’re advocating to use it on Bane, then you’re fired! Jk
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#219 » by ShayDee » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:00 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Same list but different order now

1. Desmond Bane (I will die on this hill. He will be our Tyler Herro/Duncan Robinson. Klay replacement down the line)
2. James Wiseman (still fills the most needs, high 2-way potential)
3. Saddiq Bey (I Value shooting way more than anyone here)
4. Devin Vassell (backup, 2-way player)
5. Deni Avdija (seasoned playmaker with positional versatility)
Also my top 2nd round/undrafted sleepers, in no order, just for record

Trevelin Queen
Justinian Jessup
Malik Fitts
Sam Merrill
Nate Darling
Jahmi'us Ramsey
Ty-Shon Alexande
Immanuel Quickley


If you are a good GM you would find a way to get Bane without using the #2. But if you’re advocating to use it on Bane, then you’re fired! Jk


Give Boston or whoever is at 26 a future top 20 protected 1st, or trade 4 2nds to move up from 48 & 51 to 30 if he is there

And I don't mean at 2. But I will heavily consider him if we trade down. It is not ridiculous. People are mocking Toppin in top 5 and he is older than Bane, Cam Johnson went 11 last year. Buddy went in the lottery. In redrafts, people mock Brogdon in top 10. It will not be a reach taking him at 8 because I believe he will be better than 95% of this draft
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,065
And1: 3,934
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#220 » by wco81 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:01 pm

Nobody named Desmond is going to be a dawg.

Return to Golden State Warriors