ImageImageImageImageImage

Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

wco81
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#241 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:33 am

Only reason to start later would be to be able to have fans in stands.

I don't know that one additional month would make a difference.

The Dallas Cowboys plan to have some number of fans in the stadium at home games.

So maybe they're hoping for data from that.

But if the state bars it, they have no choice. For instance, in CA, that would mean no fans in the arenas of 4 NBA teams.
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,083

Post#242 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:54 am

Get me a competitor like Herro..

Just say no the Anthony Edwards

I know 1 thing..The Warriors front office isn’t “LIGHTYEARS“ ahead of Miami’s..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
HiRez
General Manager
And1: 1,961

Re: Your Top 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#243 » by HiRez » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:23 am

So I think I've finally turned on Wiseman just a bit. Still love his upside but I do think he's somewhat risky and unlikely to be able to contribute significantly on this Warriors team right away, which is something we need. So not sure I'd take him at #2.

Without a can't-miss frontline prospect, we need playmakers. When Steph sits for rest or injury, it's clear we're going to be awful without a guy who can run an offense, distribute, and knock down shots when needed. That's why I have Haliburton at the top of my list now.

Also coming back around to Edwards a bit after moving him down my list earlier. I still have issues with him (takes too many 3s for his % for one), but he's the most unstoppable offensive force in the draft, who can create his own shot with ease. Sometimes you need that takeover mentality, especially when Steph is sidelined or triple-teamed or for whatever reason.

I also moved Okongwu up slightly higher than Wiseman because while a lot of the same criticisms apply, I think Okongwu is a bit more versatile (can play PF or C, better in pick and roll) and has that elite, never-quit motor I like to see.

My new list of the week:

1. Haliburton
  2. Edwards
  3. Vassell
  4. Avdija
  5. Okongwu
  6. Wiseman
  7. Okoro
  8. Toppin
  9. Williams
  10. Ball
It boggles my mind that anyone would take Ball over Haliburton, Haliburton gives you 85%-90% of Ball's court vision and passing but is superior in virtually every other aspect of the game. Probably my ideal scenario would be to trade down to #4 with the Bulls, pick up an asset, and get Haliburton.
whatisacenter
Veteran
And1: 4,149

Post#244 » by whatisacenter » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:09 am

Only two months to go until the draft and I have come back around to just taking whoever is left between Wiseman and Edwards if they keep the pick.
tarantism
Senior
And1: 630

Post#245 » by tarantism » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:17 am

If it were me, the pick is Hayes whether they keep the pick or trade down. If they can move down and grab another pick in the process from somebody who loves Wiseman, Edwards or Ball then even better.

For my money Killian Hayes is the best player in the draft and he fits well with Steph and Klay.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
GQ Hot Dog
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,860

Post#246 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Thought I'd revisit this since it's been a little over a month. Current thinking:

1. Patrick Williams
2. James Wiseman
3. Deni Avdija
4. Anthony Edwards
5. Saddiq Bey
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#247 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:50 am

If #2

1. Edwards
2. Wiseman
3. uhhh
4. yeah...
5. nobody else is worthy of the #2 pick

If we trade down
1. Okoro
2. Okongwu
3. Obi
4. Deni
5. Hali

and those 5 are pretty much interchangeable
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors