ImageImageImageImageImage

Michael Beasley

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Upperclass
Veteran
Posts: 2,669
And1: 973
Joined: Aug 09, 2005

Michael Beasley 

Post#1 » by Upperclass » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 am

Why is he not a Warrior? Very good finisher and shot creator and seems like a guaranteed 10/5 or so if you give him minutes. Why not sign him and let Beasley be the whole bench offense for 15-20 min per game? Attitude issues seem to be because he isnt clean cut and always "seems" high.. appears to be a SF/PF version of JR Smith where if he put him with the right people and give him a defined role.. he'll be just fine.
azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 9,579
And1: 1,714
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#2 » by azwfan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:29 am

He may have been okay on the 2019 finals team, but i think our team next year needs defenders and not necessarily jr smith’s regardless of position.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
DAWill1128
Analyst
Posts: 3,206
And1: 843
Joined: Jun 17, 2004
   

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#3 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:27 am

Last year when everyone got injured and the Raptors ran a box and one he would have made a lot of sense. I am not a Beasley guy but we didn’t have much at the end.

If we want a scorer I wouldn’t mind Burks coming back, he was a bit streaky but the guy was crafty. Guess it depends how our assets shake out. Think Burks actually brought some of what Barbosa had, we just didn’t have the situation.
Upperclass
Veteran
Posts: 2,669
And1: 973
Joined: Aug 09, 2005

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#4 » by Upperclass » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 am

I feel like Burks is one of those guys who holds his body together long enough in a contact year to get to the next one and then he's out more often than hes in
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,865
And1: 1,857
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#5 » by Little Digger » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 am

AR > SupercoolBeas
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 10,992
And1: 1,770
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#6 » by cdubbz » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm

I was wondering the same thing for last season. He’s also a KD buddy from his hometown so it would have been nice.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 39,265
And1: 9,191
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#7 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:04 pm

No, only want high quailty character guys on this team. Don't want a guy like him in our locker room, thanks.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 10,992
And1: 1,770
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#8 » by cdubbz » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Coxy wrote:No, only want high quailty character guys on this team. Don't want a guy like him in our locker room, thanks.


Meh I’m kind of over the “high quality only” vibe. I get it, but it’s dumb.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 39,265
And1: 9,191
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#9 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:40 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Coxy wrote:No, only want high quailty character guys on this team. Don't want a guy like him in our locker room, thanks.


Meh I’m kind of over the “high quality only” vibe. I get it, but it’s dumb.


Image
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 10,992
And1: 1,770
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#10 » by cdubbz » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:19 am

Coxy wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Coxy wrote:No, only want high quailty character guys on this team. Don't want a guy like him in our locker room, thanks.


Meh I’m kind of over the “high quality only” vibe. I get it, but it’s dumb.


Image


Lol agreed.

I’m not against those that think that way or want to keep that culture. I just think limiting ourselves to certain types of characters isn’t good. Warriors need some spice other than Draymond. Our team imo is too mellow sometimes. I want to see some fire
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ClutchUp
Freshman
Posts: 52
And1: 16
Joined: Dec 23, 2019
       

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#11 » by ClutchUp » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:58 am

KD wanted us to sign him and he got vetoed. That kind of tells you what the brass thinks of Beasley.
xdrta+
Analyst
Posts: 3,345
And1: 2,337
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#12 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:13 am

cdubbz wrote:
Coxy wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Meh I’m kind of over the “high quality only” vibe. I get it, but it’s dumb.


Image


Lol agreed.

I’m not against those that think that way or want to keep that culture. I just think limiting ourselves to certain types of characters isn’t good. Warriors need some spice other than Draymond. Our team imo is too mellow sometimes. I want to see some fire


I wouldn't say Beasley would provide much fire. Kind of the opposite.
Scoots1994
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,269
And1: 157
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#13 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:13 pm

I think the "character" thing is really important. It's not that people with character they like are mellow, they just don't want ****. Just look at last year and Burks and Robinson both said after they were traded that they wanted to come back and that the Warriors locker room DURING A TANKING SEASON was the best they'd ever been around. That really does matter, and could make the difference in getting the vet min contract guys that can make the most difference to the team.

The Warriors also prioritize smart players and that I love.

I think the Warriors do need to get a vet big who can keep Dray in check. Gasol would be ideal.
ChuckDurn
Veteran
Posts: 2,854
And1: 372
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#14 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:I think the "character" thing is really important. It's not that people with character they like are mellow, they just don't want ****. Just look at last year and Burks and Robinson both said after they were traded that they wanted to come back and that the Warriors locker room DURING A TANKING SEASON was the best they'd ever been around. That really does matter, and could make the difference in getting the vet min contract guys that can make the most difference to the team.

The Warriors also prioritize smart players and that I love.

I think the Warriors do need to get a vet big who can keep Dray in check. Gasol would be ideal.

Granted, Beasley is older with more of a body of history, but a year ago, Chriss was seen as being a bad character guy who wasn’t a smart player...... and now he might be our starting center.

I’d be really curious to hear what Curry, Draymond, and Klay would say about Beasley. Give them a blind vote, if all 3 said “we can handle it”, I wouldn’t be averse.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,237
And1: 8,411
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#15 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 pm

On the list of things the Warriors need to do, I would say maintaining open roster spots is right up there.

We have way to many big roster decisions before we think about adding minimum guys at the end of the roster.


However, I have advocated for adding him in the past and his per minute stats are pretty solid. But really no priority right now.
Quazza - Zion was kinda like watching an old Godzilla movie where hes just walking around a miniature city and smashing everything
donkeylips
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,842
And1: 685
Joined: Apr 22, 2010

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#16 » by donkeylips » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:28 am

Scoots1994 wrote:Just look at last year and Burks and Robinson both said after they were traded that they wanted to come back and that the Warriors locker room DURING A TANKING SEASON was the best they'd ever been around.


I would love Burks and Robinson back.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,237
And1: 8,411
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#17 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:32 pm

I’d be down for Robinson as a wing. As long as he’s cheap, he can fit right in.

I’m ok with not bringing Burks back. He’s a volume scorer and if we are healthy, I don’t need him taking shots away from Klay or Curry when they play together.
Quazza - Zion was kinda like watching an old Godzilla movie where hes just walking around a miniature city and smashing everything
User avatar
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 6,441
And1: 65
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#18 » by TB » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:54 pm

A Beasley thread in 2020? He hasn't done anything ever, let alone recently. Zero reason for him to even be on a list of possible acquisitions.

As mentioned above, we don't have open roster spots if we plan to keep a rookie, MLE player, and TPE player.
gst8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,824
And1: 2,780
Joined: Dec 23, 2003

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#19 » by gst8 » Sun Jul 5, 2020 4:16 pm

Barnett hates Beasley’s game so much he’d probably just quit.
Scoots1994
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,269
And1: 157
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#20 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jul 5, 2020 9:38 pm

gst8 wrote:Barnett hates Beasley’s game so much he’d probably just quit.


Jim Barnett?

Return to Golden State Warriors