Coach Ron Adams on A&W

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Coach Ron Adams on A&W 

Post#1 » by Little Digger » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:56 pm

Ron Adams on Andrew Wiggins

"I really thought he did a good job for us," Adams told The Athletic's Tim Kawakami on "The TK Show" podcast. "People always look at scoring or shooting. I didn't think he shot the ball very consistently from the perimeter. But good grief, he really showed himself to be a really, really outstanding all-around player. I was particularly pleased with his defense, especially on the ball. I just thought he did a really good job. And against the best players in the league, he really enjoys playing against them and actually picks his game up when he did play against those guys. I thought his floor game was good -- his passing, his penetrating."

"The sky's the limit for this guy. ... He walks onto the floor and he scores 20 points," Adams continued. "There are areas that he can get a lot better in, there's no question about that. I think he can rebound the ball better. He's got a nice perimeter shot, but he's got to groove it a little more, he's got to get a little more consistency in his delivery and, in my estimation at least, using his lower body into the shot. When he does that, he seldom misses. But he's been inconsistent on that."

"I was elated to get him into our program," Adams said. "I think he's a star player. I think he's gonna flourish with more shooting on the floor.
But I was personally really happy with the all-around nature of his game and what he showed in that regard more so that his scoring, even."
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Re: Ron Adams on my favorite Warrior (besides Bender) Andrew Wiggins 

Post#2 » by Little Digger » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:08 am

Wiggins + hopefully a top 10 2021 pick or an unprotected 2022 pick ..both drafts are supposed to be loaded with talent ..A Ridiculously great trade.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Re: Coach Ron Adams on Andrew Wiggins 

Post#3 » by Little Digger » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:34 am

Coach Aaron Miles on guess who?

Andrew Wiggins

"I think he's a perfect fit for what we do," Miles said during KUsports.com's "Meeting Bill Self" podcast series. "A perfect second or third option on the team that could eventually possibly be the No. 1 option in a couple years when it's his turn."

"We only had him for a short amount of time, but Steph had just got back healthy so we were going to get to see what those two would look like."

"I think he's going to be great with us," Miles said. "Everybody knows he's a great person, very skilled, highly talented. I'm excited for him."

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Re: Coach Ron Adams on A&W 

Post#4 » by whatisacenter » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:05 am

I'm interested in seeing what Wiggins can do if the Warriors keep him. If he can play defense consistently and stay engaged I think his offense will improve with all the spacing he will see when he is on the floor with Steph and Klay.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#5 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Miles I think might sugar coat things some, but Adams I trust more. I like hearing that Adams saw the same things we thought we were seeing. I think the pressure being off Wiggins, being on a team with a better history of player development, and with better veteran leadership can really get him to actually change some of the bad fundamental habits he's developed.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#6 » by HiRez » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:11 am

You know, I have to admit I was too harsh on Wiggins. While I was not a fan of DLo either, I didn't like the trade and thought the Warriors should have gotten more.

But on reflection, I have to say Wiggins is a better player than DLo, with a higher ceiling, and a much better fit on this team as well. He can absolutely help us and he's an upgrade over anyone else we had at the position with KD leaving. And to get a high level first round pick along with upgrading the slot, I think the move was the right one.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#7 » by The Maestro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:53 am

Wiggins definitely has a higher ceiling than Dlo. It’s the contract that sucks. We should hope the Dubs bring the most out of him because I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,720

Post#8 » by floppymoose » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 am

I look at the contract as a sunk cost the moment we took DLo back from Nets. Given the sunk cost, Wiggins + pick is a big step up from DLo.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#9 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:09 pm

I prefer Mug Root Beer
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Little Digger » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:32 pm

A&W float crushes all

And no, I’m not talking about Andrew Wiggins floater.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Little Digger » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:38 pm

Andrew Wiggins WILL BE the MIP in 2021..

Never doubt hoops gurus like Ron Adams, sufferedthroughJBCarroll, LF75, Sid the Squid or Little Digger ..
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#12 » by Mylie10 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:30 pm

How many games will it take for Draymond to make Wiggy cry?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#13 » by The Maestro » Thu Aug 6, 2020 9:23 pm

Kerr hyping Wiggins in the press. Trying to make that Wiggins turd sandwich taste a little better for the Bucks. Ha.

Return to Golden State Warriors