ImageImageImageImageImage

TPE/MLE/Draft

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,193
And1: 8,816
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#141 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:51 am

I don’t care who they add, they ain’t doin ess. They just don’t have the DNA.

Not saying they are 3 bad, but more like 10ish
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Ilovethebay
Junior
Posts: 348
And1: 25
Joined: Feb 08, 2012
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#142 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:10 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
gst8 wrote:I wonder how much what Minnesota does with their pick this year affects how management values their pick next year in terms of an asset to keep vs. move ASAP?

Yeah, this is a a great question, and one that I think the Warriors are thinking about as they’re doing scenario planning.

If the Wolves keep the pick and nab (presumably) either Ball or Edwards, in all likelihood they’re not going to be improving that much next year, so the likelihood of that pick having a LOT of value (because it would probably be in the 4-8 range, assuming it’s conveyed) is high.

But if the Wolves trade it for proven guys who are going to help them significantly next year, and they suddenly can be envisioned to be a, let’s say, 35-38 win team with the 10th-worst record in the league, then the pick has lost a lot of value.

So it’ll be interesting to see how the Warriors play it. Right now the pick has a lot of value - but that could decline instantaneously 10 minutes into the draft (or even earlier) if the Wolves trade it. If they would consider trading that pick, is it better to do so now, or to play Russian roulette, waiting to see if the Wolves trade it (which could happen at any time)?

Going to be interesting.


I say play it out unless they get an offer they can't refuse. I'm probably setting myself up for failure but its not totally out of the realm that the pick could be the #1 pick in 2022. There is potential for this to be one of the most lopsided trades ever. After all, they won't be able to guard anyone.
Scoots1994
Starter
Posts: 2,032
And1: 256
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#143 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Not sure we need so many draft/trade/fa threads.
gst8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,143
And1: 3,003
Joined: Dec 23, 2003

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#144 » by gst8 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I don’t care who they add, they ain’t doin ess. They just don’t have the DNA.

Not saying they are 3 bad, but more like 10ish


What is the point of diminishing returns in terms of asset value though? Top 4,5,6ish is good value but if they get themselves into that Sacramento Kings range do you start trying to cash in now? Just something to speculate on. If nothing else I think I'd be running interference in their trade scenarios with next year's pick in mind.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,193
And1: 8,816
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#145 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:48 pm

gst8 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I don’t care who they add, they ain’t doin ess. They just don’t have the DNA.

Not saying they are 3 bad, but more like 10ish


What is the point of diminishing returns in terms of asset value though? Top 4,5,6ish is good value but if they get themselves into that Sacramento Kings range do you start trying to cash in now? Just something to speculate on. If nothing else I think I'd be running interference in their trade scenarios with next year's pick in mind.


Except that the perception is that even into the late lottery there will be very high level talent. The top of the draft should be ridiculous. But the pick is too 3 protected anyway.

I doubt we keep it to be honest. I think they look to pull the value out of it now. Especially if they really are wanting to move Wiggins.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Starter
Posts: 2,032
And1: 256
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#146 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:09 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
gst8 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I don’t care who they add, they ain’t doin ess. They just don’t have the DNA.

Not saying they are 3 bad, but more like 10ish


What is the point of diminishing returns in terms of asset value though? Top 4,5,6ish is good value but if they get themselves into that Sacramento Kings range do you start trying to cash in now? Just something to speculate on. If nothing else I think I'd be running interference in their trade scenarios with next year's pick in mind.


Except that the perception is that even into the late lottery there will be very high level talent. The top of the draft should be ridiculous. But the pick is too 3 protected anyway.

I doubt we keep it to be honest. I think they look to pull the value out of it now. Especially if they really are wanting to move Wiggins.


I think they want to keep future assets as much as possible. I think at this point they want to clearly win any trade for future assets.
User avatar
cladden
Analyst
Posts: 3,008
And1: 264
Joined: Oct 13, 2006
 

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#147 » by cladden » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:47 am

How do y'all feel about these ideas:

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/10/20/warriors-nba-draft-trade-ideas

Idea I: Andrew Wiggins, the No. 2 pick and the 2021 Minnesota first to Atlanta for Clint Capela and the No. 6 pick
Idea II: The No. 2 pick and Kevon Looney to Cleveland for Collin Sexton, the No. 5 pick and a future first
Idea III: Wiggins, the No. 2 pick and the 2021 Minnesota pick to Indiana for Myles Turner and T.J. Warren

I have to say both 1 and 3 helps our likely disadvantage in size/athleticism against the Lakers. Not 100% sure I love either of these. In number 1 I feel like we shouldn't really have to give up the minny first but it would probably makes us a better team in 2020/2021.
kingcong95
Sophomore
Posts: 102
And1: 27
Joined: Nov 10, 2019
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#148 » by kingcong95 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:15 am

cladden wrote:How do y'all feel about these ideas:

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/10/20/warriors-nba-draft-trade-ideas

Idea I: Andrew Wiggins, the No. 2 pick and the 2021 Minnesota first to Atlanta for Clint Capela and the No. 6 pick
Idea II: The No. 2 pick and Kevon Looney to Cleveland for Collin Sexton, the No. 5 pick and a future first
Idea III: Wiggins, the No. 2 pick and the 2021 Minnesota pick to Indiana for Myles Turner and T.J. Warren

I have to say both 1 and 3 helps our likely disadvantage in size/athleticism against the Lakers. Not 100% sure I love either of these. In number 1 I feel like we shouldn't really have to give up the minny first but it would probably makes us a better team in 2020/2021.


I'm not a fan of dumping Wiggins for the sake of it, due to our lack of wing depth. For 3, I like Turner, but Warren is a downgrade on defense. I'd consider it if we get to keep the Wolves pick.
Even if you removed the Wolves pick from 1, I still wouldn't do it. Capela is unplayable more than 5 feet from the rim; some systems can live with that but I don't think Kerr's is one of them. I'd try to get 80% of his production for 20% of the cost.
Sexton has tunnel vision and is way too much of a defensive liability. We do have time to help him work things out though, so I'd say it depends on the protection on the pick. We might have to take Okongwu with 5 to replace Looney. I'm glad the author didn't explore the Andre Drummond option any further, because he is exactly what we don't need.
Scoots1994
Starter
Posts: 2,032
And1: 256
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#149 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:39 pm

I don't like this idea that the Warriors have to do something specific about the Lakers. I have no confidence the Lakers will be as good next year. LeBron is going to be 36 next year, Rondo 35, Danny Green 34, JaVale 33. Assuming next year they play closer to a full schedule and don't have a nice long vacation just before the playoffs to get renewed health is likely to cost them more next year. They are likely to re-sign AD and KCP, but will Bradley, McGee, and Rondo be willing to exercise their options or will they want a bigger paycheck next year somewhere else?

I would rather the Warriors just try to be the best Warriors team they can be rather than aim at the Lakers.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,193
And1: 8,816
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#150 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:36 pm

But you can’t ignore the fact that they are in our division, and we most likely will have to play them four times. And you have to have a way of matching up with AD.

Plus, finding someone to matchup with AD might help against other players as well.....right?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,176
And1: 3,995
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#151 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:27 pm

The one thing striking is that both Lebron and AD shot much better from 3 in the playoffs than their career averages.

And much better than in the first 8 bubble games too.

In the Finals, both were around 40% or higher.

Very uncharacteristic but if they shoot like that next year and after, they would be impossible to beat.
Scoots1994
Starter
Posts: 2,032
And1: 256
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#152 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Mylie10 wrote:But you can’t ignore the fact that they are in our division, and we most likely will have to play them four times. And you have to have a way of matching up with AD.

Plus, finding someone to matchup with AD might help against other players as well.....right?


I don't think anyone really matches up with AD, or any star. Stars get theirs, you need to match up with the team and right now the Lakers have a LOT of variables.

If the Warriors are a good team and play well as a team they can get there.

Who, other than Wiseman, would you think the Warriors can get to match up with AD?
Warriorfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,425
And1: 1,770
Joined: Jun 24, 2001
         

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#153 » by Warriorfan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:48 am

I think the warriors keep on churning two potential lottery picks into future picks. Warriors have found late round gems.

Hopefully Curry and Green recruit another star. the next 2 free agent classes could be good after this.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 10,839
And1: 1,946
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#154 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:23 pm

I like the idea of MLE for Jerremy Lin ...and I think the Warriors may choose to not use the TPE after all.
Additionally, I think they decide that it's going to be tough to go all out THIS year and they'll take draft pick talent over trying to get more expensive talent.

Here are two likely lineups for this year.

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Looney
Lin, Poole, Paschal, Deni, Chris

or Replace Deni with Wiseman.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
xdrta+
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,825
And1: 2,696
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#155 » by xdrta+ » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:19 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I like the idea of MLE for Jerremy Lin ...and I think the Warriors may choose to not use the TPE after all.
Additionally, I think they decide that it's going to be tough to go all out THIS year and they'll take draft pick talent over trying to get more expensive talent.

Here are two likely lineups for this year.

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Looney
Lin, Poole, Paschal, Deni, Chris

or Replace Deni with Wiseman.


Surely they can get Lin for the minimum, no?
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,628
And1: 2,126
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: The Charcoal State
   

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#156 » by Little Digger » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:55 am

They guys the warriors need to replace are Iguodala and Bogut..I have hopes for Poole contributing as a backup gaurd
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 40,208
And1: 9,973
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#157 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:26 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I like the idea of MLE for Jerremy Lin ...and I think the Warriors may choose to not use the TPE after all.
Additionally, I think they decide that it's going to be tough to go all out THIS year and they'll take draft pick talent over trying to get more expensive talent.

Here are two likely lineups for this year.

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Looney
Lin, Poole, Paschal, Deni, Chris

or Replace Deni with Wiseman.


Lee and Mulder will play.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,193
And1: 8,816
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#158 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:48 am

I’d rather have Lin than Lee.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
freypies
Junior
Posts: 334
And1: 74
Joined: Feb 21, 2017

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#159 » by freypies » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:48 am

#2 for Smart + #14 that Lowe and Simmons floated around would be an amazing trade for us.
In a scenario like this, I think they're likely to pick up Saddiq Bey, who is someone it seems like they are interested in (though I'd prefer Desmond Bane).

That's already a solid offseason.

Curry, Smart, Klay, Draymond, Wiggins, Looney is a solid set of players to role out in the playoffs. Hopefully 1-2 of Chriss/Bey/Mulder/Paschall/Lee/Poole can contribute too.

This still leaves us with vet min targets and the MLE to spend.
Skybox
Veteran
Posts: 2,753
And1: 1,550
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#160 » by Skybox » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:37 pm

I read elsewhere that GSW let the TPE expire. That doesn’t sound possible, give that we’re not even in a trading period yet...anyone know the date for sure?

Return to Golden State Warriors