ImageImageImageImageImage

TPE/MLE/Draft

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#101 » by ShayDee » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:42 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Image

TPE ($17.1 mil): Ricky Rubio
MLE ($6 mil): Paul Milsap or Marcus Morris
Draft (#10): Patrick Williams
**Trade Poole + two 2nd rounders for late 1st round / early 2nd round pick and draft Desmond Banes**

GOOD
-We get our starting SF in Oubre (And sign him to a more reasonable/attractive contract after next season, if possible. Otherwise, Obure walks and we still got our next starting SF in Patrick Williams.)
-TPE ($17.1 mil): Get a serviceable, defensive, and natural passer in Rubio who can help with ball-handling duties and guard the teams' best player or guard positions
-Get their 2020 #10 draft pick and draft Patrick Williams or Saddiq Bey

BAD
-Get rid of Pachall and his potential
-Our future draft picks

DEPTH
Curry/Rubio/Poole
Thompson/Bane/Lee
Oubre/P.Williams/Tuscano
Green/Milsap/SCRUB
Looney/Chriss/Smiley

OVERALL
No Allstar or Superstar on this team, but this team is stacked and well-balanced at each position. Ya'll can't argue/complain with this one. Gave up Wiggins but, in the process, also gave up a bit in the process. It's called sacrifice and compensation.


I'm trying to understand. You're using the Trade Exception on Rubio? Why not just do a straight trade, since the salaries match, and keep the exception?


His brain probably didn't process that part. I mean we all use the TPE for trade talks so probably forgot. Rubio+Oubre = Wiggins alone. Salary works
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,219
And1: 173
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#102 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:47 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Image

TPE ($17.1 mil): Ricky Rubio
MLE ($6 mil): Paul Milsap or Marcus Morris
Draft (#10): Patrick Williams
**Trade Poole + two 2nd rounders for late 1st round / early 2nd round pick and draft Desmond Banes**

GOOD
-We get our starting SF in Oubre (And sign him to a more reasonable/attractive contract after next season, if possible. Otherwise, Obure walks and we still got our next starting SF in Patrick Williams.)
-TPE ($17.1 mil): Get a serviceable, defensive, and natural passer in Rubio who can help with ball-handling duties and guard the teams' best player or guard positions
-Get their 2020 #10 draft pick and draft Patrick Williams or Saddiq Bey

BAD
-Get rid of Pachall and his potential
-Our future draft picks

DEPTH
Curry/Rubio/Poole
Thompson/Bane/Lee
Oubre/P.Williams/Tuscano
Green/Milsap/SCRUB
Looney/Chriss/Smiley

OVERALL
No Allstar or Superstar on this team, but this team is stacked and well-balanced at each position. Ya'll can't argue/complain with this one. Gave up Wiggins but, in the process, also gave up a bit in the process. It's called sacrifice and compensation.


I'm trying to understand. You're using the Trade Exception on Rubio? Why not just do a straight trade, since the salaries match, and keep the exception?


The trade machine automatically applied the Iggy TPE for Rubio. So, I thought that just how it worked. Or, might be a flaw or they haven't made it sophisticated enough.

Otherwise, I think it's a fair trade. Wiggins is viewed as bad value because of his ridiculous contract, so adding Paschall (Our only piece that has value outside the 3 untouchables) with our current and future picks to compensate. With this, we are a more defensive-minded team. Every position has a defensive stopper. Only thing we're lacking is consistent scoring for the 4 and 5. What do you think?
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#103 » by ShayDee » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Image

TPE ($17.1 mil): Ricky Rubio
MLE ($6 mil): Paul Milsap or Marcus Morris
Draft (#10): Patrick Williams
**Trade Poole + two 2nd rounders for late 1st round / early 2nd round pick and draft Desmond Banes**

GOOD
-We get our starting SF in Oubre (And sign him to a more reasonable/attractive contract after next season, if possible. Otherwise, Obure walks and we still got our next starting SF in Patrick Williams.)
-TPE ($17.1 mil): Get a serviceable, defensive, and natural passer in Rubio who can help with ball-handling duties and guard the teams' best player or guard positions
-Get their 2020 #10 draft pick and draft Patrick Williams or Saddiq Bey

BAD
-Get rid of Pachall and his potential
-Our future draft picks

DEPTH
Curry/Rubio/Poole
Thompson/Bane/Lee
Oubre/P.Williams/Tuscano
Green/Milsap/SCRUB
Looney/Chriss/Smiley

OVERALL
No Allstar or Superstar on this team, but this team is stacked and well-balanced at each position. Ya'll can't argue/complain with this one. Gave up Wiggins but, in the process, also gave up a bit in the process. It's called sacrifice and compensation.


I'm trying to understand. You're using the Trade Exception on Rubio? Why not just do a straight trade, since the salaries match, and keep the exception?


The trade machine automatically applied the Iggy TPE for Rubio. So, I thought that just how it worked. Or, might be a flaw or they haven't made it sophisticated enough.

Otherwise, I think it's a fair trade. Wiggins is viewed as bad value because of his ridiculous contract, so adding Paschall (Our only piece that has value outside the 3 untouchables) with our current and future picks to compensate. With this, we are a more defensive-minded team. Every position has a defensive stopper. Only thing we're lacking is consistent scoring for the 4 and 5. What do you think?


Rubio and Oubre are overrated defensively though and Wiggins s better than Oubre on defense. I trust Wiggins to defend AD and Lebron more than I trust Oubre
xdrta+
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,766
And1: 2,642
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#104 » by xdrta+ » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:16 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Image

TPE ($17.1 mil): Ricky Rubio
MLE ($6 mil): Paul Milsap or Marcus Morris
Draft (#10): Patrick Williams
**Trade Poole + two 2nd rounders for late 1st round / early 2nd round pick and draft Desmond Banes**

GOOD
-We get our starting SF in Oubre (And sign him to a more reasonable/attractive contract after next season, if possible. Otherwise, Obure walks and we still got our next starting SF in Patrick Williams.)
-TPE ($17.1 mil): Get a serviceable, defensive, and natural passer in Rubio who can help with ball-handling duties and guard the teams' best player or guard positions
-Get their 2020 #10 draft pick and draft Patrick Williams or Saddiq Bey

BAD
-Get rid of Pachall and his potential
-Our future draft picks

DEPTH
Curry/Rubio/Poole
Thompson/Bane/Lee
Oubre/P.Williams/Tuscano
Green/Milsap/SCRUB
Looney/Chriss/Smiley

OVERALL
No Allstar or Superstar on this team, but this team is stacked and well-balanced at each position. Ya'll can't argue/complain with this one. Gave up Wiggins but, in the process, also gave up a bit in the process. It's called sacrifice and compensation.


I'm trying to understand. You're using the Trade Exception on Rubio? Why not just do a straight trade, since the salaries match, and keep the exception?


The trade machine automatically applied the Iggy TPE for Rubio. So, I thought that just how it worked. Or, might be a flaw or they haven't made it sophisticated enough.

Otherwise, I think it's a fair trade. Wiggins is viewed as bad value because of his ridiculous contract, so adding Paschall (Our only piece that has value outside the 3 untouchables) with our current and future picks to compensate. With this, we are a more defensive-minded team. Every position has a defensive stopper. Only thing we're lacking is consistent scoring for the 4 and 5. What do you think?


Yeah, no reason to use the trade exception. Other than that, I like Oubre, but I would hope to get a backup point guard for less than $17M. I would give them a 2nd rd pick for Oubre and use the trade exception to absorb his $14M. The TE is only useful for deals with teams that want to dump salary, not for even trades where you are trading salary. Remember, trade exceptions are never traded, they are used to absorb excess incoming salary, in effect completing the Iguodala trade.
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,219
And1: 173
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#105 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:21 pm

ShayDee wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
I'm trying to understand. You're using the Trade Exception on Rubio? Why not just do a straight trade, since the salaries match, and keep the exception?


The trade machine automatically applied the Iggy TPE for Rubio. So, I thought that just how it worked. Or, might be a flaw or they haven't made it sophisticated enough.

Otherwise, I think it's a fair trade. Wiggins is viewed as bad value because of his ridiculous contract, so adding Paschall (Our only piece that has value outside the 3 untouchables) with our current and future picks to compensate. With this, we are a more defensive-minded team. Every position has a defensive stopper. Only thing we're lacking is consistent scoring for the 4 and 5. What do you think?


Rubio and Oubre are overrated defensively though and Wiggins s better than Oubre on defense. I trust Wiggins to defend AD and Lebron more than I trust Oubre


I think you're missing the entire point for this trade or your evaluation of talent is disproportionally skewed. We're trying to salary dump a young player like Wiggins and dangling the #2 (And possibly future draft picks) in order to provide some cap relief / avoiding the luxury tax -- At least from what others are saying/recommending. I did this trade with that in mind for those who seek just that.

I was impressed by his defense on both AD and James just like everyone who watched it, but that's only one game. And we have yet to see how he defends against others. The potential is there, but just need him to show consistent effort.

Now, for the Wiggins and Oubre comparison:

Image

By looking at the Advanced stats, they're virtually the same or more or less identical in much of the categories (And just a few categories one has an edge over the other and vice versa.) looking at the numbers. Only difference is that Wiggins was drafted a year earlier than Oubre, and has a much higher usage rate than him (Due to his time being in Minnesota). So, don't let that fool you.

Phoenix will probably not okay this trade because they're pretty much getting another Kelly Oubre (Wiggins) in return but with an expensive tag price. Question is will putting our picks into the fold make a difference? Guess the FO will have do some convincing, somehow. But, who the hell knows. Maybe a GM wakes up one morning and says to himself, " WE NEED WIGGINS ON THIS TEAM!"...

At this point, and I've mentioned it in a bit of our posts, that I'm fine with keeping Wiggins and our #2 because we can't be as creative to facilitate a trade or garner real interests from teams without enough tradeable assets. And, at the same time, I like what he's done in the 12 games he's been with the Warriors. Like they say: A different scenery and winning culture can change the player.
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#106 » by ShayDee » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:46 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
The trade machine automatically applied the Iggy TPE for Rubio. So, I thought that just how it worked. Or, might be a flaw or they haven't made it sophisticated enough.

Otherwise, I think it's a fair trade. Wiggins is viewed as bad value because of his ridiculous contract, so adding Paschall (Our only piece that has value outside the 3 untouchables) with our current and future picks to compensate. With this, we are a more defensive-minded team. Every position has a defensive stopper. Only thing we're lacking is consistent scoring for the 4 and 5. What do you think?


Rubio and Oubre are overrated defensively though and Wiggins s better than Oubre on defense. I trust Wiggins to defend AD and Lebron more than I trust Oubre


I think you're missing the entire point for this trade or your evaluation of talent is disproportionally skewed. We're trying to salary dump a young player like Wiggins and dangling the #2 (And possibly future draft picks) in order to provide some cap relief / avoiding the luxury tax -- At least from what others are saying/recommending. I did this trade with that in mind for those who seek just that.

Now, for the Wiggins and Oubre comparison:

Image

By looking at the Advanced stats, they're virtually the same or more or less identical in much of the categories (And just a few categories one has an edge over the other and vice versa.) looking at the numbers. Only difference is that Wiggins was drafted a year earlier than Oubre, and has a much higher usage rate than him (Due to his time being in Minnesota). So, don't let that fool you.

Phoenix will probably not okay this trade because they're pretty much getting another Kelly Oubre (Wiggins) in return but with an expensive tag price. Question is will putting our picks into the fold make a difference? Guess the FO will have do some convincing, somehow. But, who the hell knows. Maybe a GM wakes up one morning and says to himself, " WE NEED WIGGINS ON THIS TEAM!"...

At this point, and I've mentioned it in a bit of our posts, that I'm fine with keeping Wiggins and our #2 because we can't be creative enough to facilitate a trade or garner real interests from teams. And, at the same time, I like what he's done in the 12 games he's been with the Warriors. Like they say: A different scenery and winning culture can change the player.


Why are you measuring from their first season. From eye test from last season Rubio wasn't really good, was getting beat to easily and fouling alot but he is a good player. Definitely not worth the minny pick. Last season I saw Wiggins defend AD and Lebron with success. I doubt Oubre will do the same because Wiggins is bigger than him anyways and I am not sure about the mentality of Oubre coming into next season

He is on a 1 year contract looking for a payday, will he buy into getting little touches? Will he buy into getting benched? Will he want to get paid less than he is making now? Because we cannot give him more than 14mil, it's just impossible in this market. The risk of Oubre is not worth it. Not worth the minny pick as well.

If Oubre is a good player as you are saying then why did the Wizards get rid of him? He was young and on a rookie contract, good defense and offense. The Wizards have a hole in SF atm, so why get rid of Oubre or not match the suns offer? See where I'm getting at? If Oubre is a good player, good defensively and on offense, then why do the Suns want to get rid of him? Hm?? The suns have defensive issues right now. Why would they want to get rid of an awesome wing defender?

Reality is Oubre is currently a negative contract in this league. He is a VERY troublesome player. Maybe not on a poisonous contract like Wiggins, but at least Wiggins would not be toxic. Oubre wants to get paid. He will not accept a lesser role and lesser touches. He has extreme tunnel vision as a player. He does not pass and never looks to pass

And Dude stop putting the minny pick in deals that net us anything less than an allstar. A lottery pick in a strong draft and you just want to throw that away? Really? Oubre is hated around the league currently by every front office. The Suns are even dangling their 10th pick to try and get rid of him. We do not need to add anything to take on Oubres contract. Maybe the 51th pick
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,219
And1: 173
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#107 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:18 pm

ShayDee wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Rubio and Oubre are overrated defensively though and Wiggins s better than Oubre on defense. I trust Wiggins to defend AD and Lebron more than I trust Oubre


I think you're missing the entire point for this trade or your evaluation of talent is disproportionally skewed. We're trying to salary dump a young player like Wiggins and dangling the #2 (And possibly future draft picks) in order to provide some cap relief / avoiding the luxury tax -- At least from what others are saying/recommending. I did this trade with that in mind for those who seek just that.

Now, for the Wiggins and Oubre comparison:

Image

By looking at the Advanced stats, they're virtually the same or more or less identical in much of the categories (And just a few categories one has an edge over the other and vice versa.) looking at the numbers. Only difference is that Wiggins was drafted a year earlier than Oubre, and has a much higher usage rate than him (Due to his time being in Minnesota). So, don't let that fool you.

Phoenix will probably not okay this trade because they're pretty much getting another Kelly Oubre (Wiggins) in return but with an expensive tag price. Question is will putting our picks into the fold make a difference? Guess the FO will have do some convincing, somehow. But, who the hell knows. Maybe a GM wakes up one morning and says to himself, " WE NEED WIGGINS ON THIS TEAM!"...

At this point, and I've mentioned it in a bit of our posts, that I'm fine with keeping Wiggins and our #2 because we can't be creative enough to facilitate a trade or garner real interests from teams. And, at the same time, I like what he's done in the 12 games he's been with the Warriors. Like they say: A different scenery and winning culture can change the player.


Why are you measuring from their first season. From eye test from last season Rubio wasn't really good, was getting beat to easily and fouling alot but he is a good player. Definitely not worth the minny pick. Last season I saw Wiggins defend AD and Lebron with success. I doubt Oubre will do the same because Wiggins is bigger than him anyways and I am not sure about the mentality of Oubre coming into next season

He is on a 1 year contract looking for a payday, will he buy into getting little touches? Will he buy into getting benched? Will he want to get paid less than he is making now? Because we cannot give him more than 14mil, it's just impossible in this market. The risk of Oubre is not worth it. Not worth the minny pick as well.

If Oubre is a good player as you are saying then why did the Wizards get rid of him? He was young and on a rookie contract, good defense and offense. The Wizards have a hole in SF atm, so why get rid of Oubre or not match the suns offer? See where I'm getting at? If Oubre is a good player, good defensively and on offense, then why do the Suns want to get rid of him? Hm?? The suns have defensive issues right now. Why would they want to get rid of an awesome wing defender?

Reality is Oubre is currently a negative contract in this league. He is a VERY troublesome player. Maybe not on a poisonous contract like Wiggins, but at least Wiggins would not be toxic. Oubre wants to get paid. He will not accept a lesser role and lesser touches. He has extreme tunnel vision as a player. He does not pass and never looks to pass

And Dude stop putting the minny pick in deals that net us anything less than an allstar. A lottery pick in a strong draft and you just want to throw that away? Really? Oubre is hated around the league currently by every front office. The Suns are even dangling their 10th pick to try and get rid of him. We do not need to add anything to take on Oubres contract. Maybe the 51th pick


What I got from the boards is that he's a player every team wants/needs. But, aren't particularly fond of overpaying for him, either. Oubre got traded because of Wizards's idiot GM Ernie Grunfeld. Practically traded for an aging player (Trevor Ariza) who just was on the downside of his career and Austin Rivers (who was inconsistent as they come) at the time. Nothing to do with his character/personality, at least from what I read. Get your facts straight unless you can provide them to me with all this non-sense you're saying.

And lets say the trade does go down, and we end up with their #10 pick to get Patrick Williams. If Oubre has a successful season with us (An organization now known to revitalize a player's career) and seeks big money elsewhere in the offseason, that's fine because we probably can't afford him anyways and have Patrick Williams to fall back on. And it's about solidifying our depth chart, once again.

If it were a playoff series and you have the Wiggins now, AD and James will eat him up alive because he's never been on a winning side of basketball (AD reaping the rewards now) and never had the benefit of playing in even ONE. PLAYOFF. GAME.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,065
And1: 3,934
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#108 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 pm

If the Suns believe their 8-0 in the bubble is for real, they will go with their young forwards, probably no re-sign KO.

But they'd look to get back some assets for him like picks.

Maybe if they really loved some prospect in the draft, they'd take Wiggin's contract in order to move up to #2.

Even if GSW gets rid of Wiggins' contract, I don't think they'd be out of the luxury tax, since they have 3 huge contracts on the books already.
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#109 » by ShayDee » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:25 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Oubre got traded because of Wizards's idiot GM Ernie Grunfeld. Practically traded for an aging player (Trevor Ariza) who just was on the downside of his career and Austin Rivers (who was inconsistent as they come) at the time. Nothing to do with his character/personality, at least from what I read. Get your facts straight unless you can provide them to me with all this non-sense you're saying.

And lets say the trade does go down, and we end up with their #10 pick to get Patrick Williams. If Oubre has a successful season with us (An organization now known to revitalize a player's career) and seeks big money elsewhere in the offseason, that's fine because we probably can't afford him anyways and have Patrick Williams to fall back on. And it's about solidifying our depth chart, once again.

If it were a playoff series and you have the Wiggins now, AD and James will eat him up alive because he's never been on a winning side of basketball (AD reaping the rewards now) and never had the benefit of playing in even ONE. PLAYOFF. GAME.


What facts didn't I get straight? I didn't utter any lie in what I said. Oubre is a toxic player, you can believe whatever you want to believe. Oubre and Patrick Williams will get eaten by Bron and Ad as well so the deal doesn't help us. I rather get vet wings I know have proven defense like Jamychal Grenn, Harkless, Aminu etc than Willaims that has horrible lateral quickness and no offensive game atm. Gimme Bane + Wismean or Bane + Vassel or Bane + Bey.

Oubre got traded because he is toxic that's the truth
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,219
And1: 173
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#110 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:45 pm

ShayDee wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Oubre got traded because of Wizards's idiot GM Ernie Grunfeld. Practically traded for an aging player (Trevor Ariza) who just was on the downside of his career and Austin Rivers (who was inconsistent as they come) at the time. Nothing to do with his character/personality, at least from what I read. Get your facts straight unless you can provide them to me with all this non-sense you're saying.

And lets say the trade does go down, and we end up with their #10 pick to get Patrick Williams. If Oubre has a successful season with us (An organization now known to revitalize a player's career) and seeks big money elsewhere in the offseason, that's fine because we probably can't afford him anyways and have Patrick Williams to fall back on. And it's about solidifying our depth chart, once again.

If it were a playoff series and you have the Wiggins now, AD and James will eat him up alive because he's never been on a winning side of basketball (AD reaping the rewards now) and never had the benefit of playing in even ONE. PLAYOFF. GAME.


What facts didn't I get straight? I didn't utter any lie in what I said. Oubre is a toxic player, you can believe whatever you want to believe. Oubre and Patrick Williams will get eaten by Bron and Ad as well so the deal doesn't help us. I rather get vet wings I know have proven defense like Jamychal Grenn, Harkless, Aminu etc than Willaims that has horrible lateral quickness and no offensive game atm. Gimme Bane + Wismean or Bane + Vassel or Bane + Bey.

Oubre got traded because he is toxic that's the truth


Also, that wasn't a one-year comparison between Obure and Wiggins. It's all averaged out from first year in the league to now. Look at it closely.

Oubre is one of those players that just plays hard until he gets his pay-day; There's a handful of players with that mentality, so I'd say it's common. I'd say he does gives off that immature/disrespectful vibe. So, I can see why you say the things you say about him. Other than his days with Washington where he swore off on Coach Scott Brooks (Because they were a losing team), haven't really read or seen anything about his character issues in Phoenix.
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#111 » by ShayDee » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:59 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Also, that wasn't a one-year comparison between Obure and Wiggins. It's all averaged out from first year in the league to now. Look at it closely.

Oubre is one of those players that just plays hard until he gets his pay-day; There's a handful of players with that mentality, so I'd say it's common. I'd say he does gives off that immature/disrespectful vibe. So, I can see why you say the things you say about him. Other than his days with Washington where he swore off on Coach Scott Brooks, haven't really read or seen anything about his character.


Whatever you say and what I am saying are not mutually exclusive. We can both be telling the truth. Oubre plays hard, sure. Oubre want's minutes, sure every single player does. Oubre wants to get paid. Oubre wants touches. Oubre will do anything to get touches and to get his own. Does that equate to winning basket ball, maybe, maybe not. Oubre is not worth the #2 pick or the minny pick or a swap, unless they take Wiggins and that is all that is included in the deal. Maybe he starts, but he has to fall in line. By that I mean he has to always make the right play, that play is not necessary scoring all the time he touches the ball like he has always done. Now if Kerr gives him the greenlight that is a different situation but he is not good enough or has not proven anything to get that yet.

I am not against Oubre on this team, I am just against his demeanor and his basketball play and attitude. After many years in the league he is still the same type of player attitude wise, maybe you can say the same about Wiggins, but Oubre's attitude is worse if you want a harmonious locker room. The suns became a better team without him in the bubble. Now you can say many factors came into effect for that to happen like the bubble environment etc but with his "talents" and "defensive grit and hard play" he was not needed and is now a negative on that team, that says something about his value. He has to accept an extension worse than what he is making, he has to accept less touches, play hard defense every possession and never complain ever. Then he is welcome
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,111
And1: 1,799
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#112 » by cdubbz » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:30 pm

I would love Oubre with the TPE if we get to keep the 2 pick.

Scoring point guard with THREE versatile wings in Klay, Wiggins, & Oubre is nice with Draymond Green & wiseman in the front court.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Warriors Analyst
Analyst
Posts: 3,070
And1: 1,072
Joined: May 16, 2005

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#113 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:19 am

Oubre got traded because Washington's GM at the time, Ernie Grunfeld, was operating under a mandate to make the playoffs at any cost and so he traded Oubre for a half a year of Trevor Ariza. Wizards fans hated the trade at the time. There's really no proof that Oubre is a toxic player or has caused issues in the locker room in Phoenix. Is it alarming that Phoenix went 8-0 without him or Baynes, both of whom are frequently discussed targets here? Maybe. Hard to say. The bubble is weird and Phoenix found success going 4 out around Ayton in the bubble. Oubre might have helped, but we'll never know.

As regards the proposed trade with Oubre and Rubio, I don't like it. I'm generally a fan of the Oubre + 10 pick swap deal. Rubio is of no interest to me. How many years now have we seen non-shooting guards hurt their team in the playoffs? Bledsoe has tanked the Bucks three years in a row now. Toronto felt comfortable going box and 1 against the Warriors because Livingston wasn't a threat behind the arc and because Iguodala was the only guy outside of Steph and Klay hitting shots. Rubio probably helps in the regular season, but he won't be useful come playoff time.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#114 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:20 am

Oubre is fine for the TPE straight up or for some minor second rounder, but I wouldn’t go any further. But really I like some other guys better.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 40,118
And1: 9,921
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#115 » by Coxy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 am

Mylie10 wrote:Oubre is fine for the TPE straight up or for some minor second rounder, but I wouldn’t go any further. But really I like some other guys better.


Oubre will likely end up a rental as well. Another team will pay him and we won't/can't match. 1 year of play from a guy coming off a pretty significant injury, isn't worth giving much up for. I'm good with the TPE, but not much more.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#116 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:32 am

I think Barton might be the most realistic guy who would have good impact for us. I say realistic because the Nuggets have money issues to deal with and Barton is most likely the guy that could save them some money. Moving him also allows other young guys to get time on the floor.

For us Barton is that 6th man we’ve been lacking since Barbosa. But Barton is bigger. Gives us defense and offense. Needs to stay healthy though, so that’s another reason the Warriors could use leverage.

Justice Winslow would be an awesome fit as well and there are issues for him as well. Not sure how serious Memphis is about keeping him. Small market team may want to cut some costs.

Would not add the number 2 pick for either though.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
BW32
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,289
And1: 752
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#117 » by BW32 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:35 am

I'm still holding up hope that a team goes full Sarver and we manage to get a rotation player with a pick attached due to the covid economy.
GQ Hot Dog
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,850
And1: 3,860
Joined: May 15, 2006
Location: On the road...
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#118 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:45 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Oubre is fine for the TPE straight up or for some minor second rounder, but I wouldn’t go any further. But really I like some other guys better.


Oubre will likely end up a rental as well. Another team will pay him and we won't/can't match. 1 year of play from a guy coming off a pretty significant injury, isn't worth giving much up for. I'm good with the TPE, but not much more.


All the best guys would probably end up a 1-year rental. Even Barton, if he played well for us next season, would probably opt out of his final year and try to get one more significant multi-year deal at age 30.
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
tarantism
Senior
Posts: 700
And1: 630
Joined: Nov 24, 2014
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#119 » by tarantism » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:47 am

Can we use the TPE to s/t Jerami Grant?

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
GQ Hot Dog
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,850
And1: 3,860
Joined: May 15, 2006
Location: On the road...
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#120 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:50 am

tarantism wrote:Can we use the TPE to s/t Jerami Grant?

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app


Nope, S&T is out for us. When you S&T it triggers the hard cap at the apron which we're well over as it is. We would have to get rid of one of our big 4 contracts to do a S&T.
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”

Return to Golden State Warriors