ImageImageImageImageImage

TPE/MLE/Draft

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#121 » by ShayDee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:26 pm

ShayDee wrote:
New plan but similar to old
TPE Rudy Gay MLE Jamychal Green/Mo Harkless Draft still Wiseman+Bane Min Reggie Jackson

C Wiseman, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, Gay, Jamychal
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Reggie, Poole

I believe this team is entirely realistic if the FO is willing to spend and will have a 98% chance to win the Championship. The 2% occurs from freak injuries. Good depth and young talent to groom. We also do not have to use TPE and could wait for a Rudy Gay buyout


New new plan. I've come around Deni although I believe Wiseman will still end up being the BPA in this draft, multiple time Allstar and all defensive, bet. But whatever.

Draft Deni at 2, first move. Use TPE and Absorb a bridge contract while getting a pick back in the middle of the draft. Maybe minny 17+James Johnson or BRK 19+Prince. If we manage to do that take Bane. I don't think he last passed PHI 21 or MIL 24.

After that use the contract + minny 21 pick or our 21 pick + 2nds to trade for Myles Turner. MLE still JaMychal Green. Use min or 2nds to get back up PG. Reggie Jackson, MCW, DJ Augustine, Jevon Carter, IT, Yoggi Ferrel, Shaquille Harrison, Dunn, Frank Jackson.

Or with 2nds Draft Sam Merrill, Ty-Shon Alexander, Nate Darling, Trevelin Queen, Skylar Mays, Malachi Flynn, Immanuel Quickley

C Turner, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, Deni, Jamychal
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, MCW, Poole
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#122 » by ShayDee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:47 pm

ShayDee wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
New plan but similar to old
TPE Rudy Gay MLE Jamychal Green/Mo Harkless Draft still Wiseman+Bane Min Reggie Jackson

C Wiseman, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, Gay, Jamychal
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Reggie, Poole

I believe this team is entirely realistic if the FO is willing to spend and will have a 98% chance to win the Championship. The 2% occurs from freak injuries. Good depth and young talent to groom. We also do not have to use TPE and could wait for a Rudy Gay buyout


New new plan. I've come around Deni although I believe Wiseman will still end up being the BPA in this draft, multiple time Allstar and all defensive, bet. But whatever.

Draft Deni at 2, first move. Use TPE and Absorb a bridge contract while getting a pick back in the middle of the draft. Maybe minny 17+James Johnson or BRK 19+Prince. If we manage to do that take Bane. I don't think he last passed PHI 21 or MIL 24.

After that use the contract + minny 21 pick or our 21 pick + 2nds to trade for Myles Turner. MLE still JaMychal Green. Use min or 2nds to get back up PG. Reggie Jackson, MCW, DJ Augustine, Jevon Carter, IT, Yoggi Ferrel, Shaquille Harrison, Dunn, Frank Jackson.

Or with 2nds Draft Sam Merrill, Ty-Shon Alexander, Nate Darling, Trevelin Queen, Skylar Mays, Malachi Flynn, Immanuel Quickley

C Turner, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, Deni, Jamychal
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, MCW, Poole


Good mix of shooting, passing, defense, size, At least 1 7 fter in Turner although I have my doubts about him. Draymond is just too undersized for today's NBA. He will have to put in maximum effort for the next 4 years. I doubt he has it in him. Every single other team that competes have bigger 4s than him, maybe houston is the only outlier.

We were able to get by the previous years because of KD. Now Draymond has to pull in soo much weight. I just fear it will wear him down so much faster. He is going to have to hit open shots to make up for our team being at a defensive disadvantage.

I dunno if JAmychal will take MLE if he is not getting much minutes. I think of him like the 11th man in regular season. But Playoffs he might be the 9th or useful for defensive assignments, against teams like PHI, MIL and LAL. Also if we face DEN and Jokic is giving us problems and our main guys get in foul trouble, he can chime in, perfect sub.

I do not trust Deni at all to defend. IF we face the Lakers, Deni cannot be on the floor in this case if they play Bron, AD and a big, He will either be in foul trouble/get outrebounded or allow easy baskets by bron/AD. If he isn't hitting shots then he might just drive into a wall in the paint or tuner the ball over trying too many risky passes or getting stripped because his ball handling is shaky.

People need to understand 1 thing though, zone defense is prevalent now. We had KD to just shoot over, we don't anymore. So whoever will be in the middle of it has to be a good midrange shooter, if not we are done for. Wiseman is good at that area, Deni isn't, Myles turner is a bit worse than Wiseman imo but better than Deni. If we get a none offensive C like Noel/Plumlee we screwed
ChuckDurn
Veteran
Posts: 2,922
And1: 388
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#123 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 pm

ShayDee wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
New plan but similar to old
TPE Rudy Gay MLE Jamychal Green/Mo Harkless Draft still Wiseman+Bane Min Reggie Jackson

C Wiseman, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, Gay, Jamychal
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Reggie, Poole

I believe this team is entirely realistic if the FO is willing to spend and will have a 98% chance to win the Championship. The 2% occurs from freak injuries. Good depth and young talent to groom. We also do not have to use TPE and could wait for a Rudy Gay buyout


New new plan. I've come around Deni although I believe Wiseman will still end up being the BPA in this draft, multiple time Allstar and all defensive, bet. But whatever.

Draft Deni at 2, first move. Use TPE and Absorb a bridge contract while getting a pick back in the middle of the draft. Maybe minny 17+James Johnson or BRK 19+Prince. If we manage to do that take Bane. I don't think he last passed PHI 21 or MIL 24.

After that use the contract + minny 21 pick or our 21 pick + 2nds to trade for Myles Turner. MLE still JaMychal Green. Use min or 2nds to get back up PG. Reggie Jackson, MCW, DJ Augustine, Jevon Carter, IT, Yoggi Ferrel, Shaquille Harrison, Dunn, Frank Jackson.

Or with 2nds Draft Sam Merrill, Ty-Shon Alexander, Nate Darling, Trevelin Queen, Skylar Mays, Malachi Flynn, Immanuel Quickley

C Turner, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, Deni, Jamychal
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, MCW, Poole


Good mix of shooting, passing, defense, size, At least 1 7 fter in Turner although I have my doubts about him. Draymond is just too undersized for today's NBA. He will have to put in maximum effort for the next 4 years. I doubt he has it in him. Every single other team that competes have bigger 4s than him, maybe houston is the only outlier.

We were able to get by the previous years because of KD. Now Draymond has to pull in soo much weight. I just fear it will wear him down so much faster. He is going to have to hit open shots to make up for our team being at a defensive disadvantage.

I dunno if JAmychal will take MLE if he is not getting much minutes. I think of him like the 11th man in regular season. But Playoffs he might be the 9th or useful for defensive assignments, against teams like PHI, MIL and LAL. Also if we face DEN and Jokic is giving us problems and our main guys get in foul trouble, he can chime in, perfect sub.

I do not trust Deni at all to defend. IF we face the Lakers, Deni cannot be on the floor in this case if they play Bron, AD and a big, He will either be in foul trouble/get outrebounded or allow easy baskets by bron/AD. If he isn't hitting shots then he might just drive into a wall in the paint or tuner the ball over trying too many risky passes or getting stripped because his ball handling is shaky.

People need to understand 1 thing though, zone defense is prevalent now. We had KD to just shoot over, we don't anymore. So whoever will be in the middle of it has to be a good midrange shooter, if not we are done for. Wiseman is good at that area, Deni isn't, Myles turner is a bit worse than Wiseman imo but better than Deni. If we get a none offensive C like Noel/Plumlee we screwed

Can anybody show me even 60 seconds of film of JaMychal playing (including defending) at SF? I’ve said this multiple times - while he’s a good player, he is NOT a SF. He’s a stretch 4 or a small-ball stretch 5; he lacks the foot speed / lateral movement to reliably guard 3’s, and he doesn’t have the ball-handling / shot creation ability on offense. So please stop trying to wedge him into a position where he’s completely unfit.

This said - I like the rest of what you have here, with 2 adjustments:
1. I suspect we could trade down 1-2 picks to grab another asset, while still being able to get Deni; and
2. In light of the above comments about JaMychal, I think we’d have to bring in a veteran wing instead of signing JaMychal. Or, alternately, trade some combination of Looney (if we need to for salary-matching purposes) and/or Paschall to get a veteran wing. Much though I would like both Deni and Bane, I’d be really concerned if our top back-ups at both wing positions are rookies - I’d rather have more veteran depth there.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#124 » by ShayDee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:10 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:Can anybody show me even 60 seconds of film of JaMychal playing (including defending) at SF? I’ve said this multiple times - while he’s a good player, he is NOT a SF. He’s a stretch 4 or a small-ball stretch 5; he lacks the foot speed / lateral movement to reliably guard 3’s, and he doesn’t have the ball-handling / shot creation ability on offense. So please stop trying to wedge him into a position where he’s completely unfit.

This said - I like the rest of what you have here, with 2 adjustments:
1. I suspect we could trade down 1-2 picks to grab another asset, while still being able to get Deni; and
2. In light of the above comments about JaMychal, I think we’d have to bring in a veteran wing instead of signing JaMychal. Or, alternately, trade some combination of Looney (if we need to for salary-matching purposes) and/or Paschall to get a veteran wing. Much though I would like both Deni and Bane, I’d be really concerned if our top back-ups at both wing positions are rookies - I’d rather have more veteran depth there.


You needed to read my post a bit more thoroughly. I said he will be the 11th man in regular season, and he will be like the 9th man in playoffs. He is there to specifically defend Bron, AD, Giannis, Bam, Jokic or any other bigger wing/forward that will give us trouble in the post season.

Deni is back up SF(imagine the #2 pick being a back up :nonono:), Paschall back up PF. JaMychal in my scenario will come in defensive assignment Paschall cannot handle. We can always Cut Lee or Trade for one mid season.

He can also be a small ball 5 to give Draymond some rest. Like I want him because he is extremely versatile. HE is the most versatile wing/forward we can get this offseason for just the full MLE, can you tell me who is better? He can hit open shots, defend Bron+AD, rebound, play 2-3 positions if necessary, rim run, cut, finish? I think he can do so much.

If we spend MLE on a big, then he is locked to C and might not make it on the floor in crunch time. Might not be a good 3 point shooter, might suck against the zone defense, might not be able to stick with Bron+ AD+ Kawhi + PG. Plus if we get him, that's one less person to worry about in the clippers

If Deni cannot play Crunch time or is in foul trouble like I predict he will be because no way in hell he defends any forward in this league, then we have Green as a more reliable defensive backup at the 4
ChuckDurn
Veteran
Posts: 2,922
And1: 388
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#125 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:27 pm

ShayDee wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Can anybody show me even 60 seconds of film of JaMychal playing (including defending) at SF? I’ve said this multiple times - while he’s a good player, he is NOT a SF. He’s a stretch 4 or a small-ball stretch 5; he lacks the foot speed / lateral movement to reliably guard 3’s, and he doesn’t have the ball-handling / shot creation ability on offense. So please stop trying to wedge him into a position where he’s completely unfit.

This said - I like the rest of what you have here, with 2 adjustments:
1. I suspect we could trade down 1-2 picks to grab another asset, while still being able to get Deni; and
2. In light of the above comments about JaMychal, I think we’d have to bring in a veteran wing instead of signing JaMychal. Or, alternately, trade some combination of Looney (if we need to for salary-matching purposes) and/or Paschall to get a veteran wing. Much though I would like both Deni and Bane, I’d be really concerned if our top back-ups at both wing positions are rookies - I’d rather have more veteran depth there.


You needed to read my post a bit more thoroughly. I said he will be the 11th man in regular season, and he will be like the 9th man in playoffs. He is there to specifically defend Bron, AD, Giannis, Bam, Jokic or any other bigger wing/forward that will give us trouble in the post season.

Deni is back up SF(imagine the #2 pick being a back up :nonono:), Paschall back up PF. JaMychal in my scenario will come in defensive assignment Paschall cannot handle. We can always Cut Lee or Trade for one mid season.

He can also be a small ball 5 to give Draymond some rest. Like I want him because he is extremely versatile. HE is the most versatile wing/forward we can get this offseason for just the full MLE, can you tell me who is better? He can hit open shots, defend Bron+AD, rebound, play 2-3 positions if necessary, rim run, cut, finish? I think he can do so much.

If we spend MLE on a big, then he is locked to C and might not make it on the floor in crunch time. Might not be a good 3 point shooter, might suck against the zone defense, might not be able to stick with Bron+ AD+ Kawhi + PG. Plus if we get him, that's one less person to worry about in the clippers

If Deni cannot play Crunch time or is in foul trouble like I predict he will be because no way in hell he defends any forward in this league, then we have Green as a more reliable defensive backup at the 4

Okay, so we’re basically in agreement. You’re recognizing that JaMychal is actually a 4 or a 5, , rather than where you showed him on the roster as a SF. My concern is that the roster is just over-balanced at the 4 and 5 positions, and all of the back-up wings (SG and SF) are very unproven young guys. (Bearing in mind that Klay is coming off a huge injury, and in some ways Wiggins is likewise unproven.) I’d just like to balance the roster somehow to get a veteran wing on-board, and I don’t see another way of doing it other than trading (or not acquiring) one of the big guys.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#126 » by ShayDee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:33 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:Okay, so we’re basically in agreement. You’re recognizing that JaMychal is actually a 4 or a 5, , rather than where you showed him on the roster as a SF. My concern is that the roster is just over-balanced at the 4 and 5 positions, and all of the back-up wings (SG and SF) are very unproven young guys. (Bearing in mind that Klay is coming off a huge injury, and in some ways Wiggins is likewise unproven.) I’d just like to balance the roster somehow to get a veteran wing on-board, and I don’t see another way of doing it other than trading (or not acquiring) one of the big guys.


You have to give wings available in FA that will take MLE and do more than Green. A PG or a C for MLE will not do enough. Wanna say harkless? Green is a better 3point shooter and better bron/AD defender than him. I can't think of anyone else. Maybe Bazemore, but he is 6'4". Burks/GR3 are too small. I can't think of anyone. We need Bron/AD/Bam/Jokic/Giannis defenders. Draymond is not going to do that full time. We do not have Iggy/KD anymore. I need a guarantee we have that locked before getting anyone else

Sometimes it's not about balance. Wiggins can play 2/3/4, Draymond can play 3/4/5, Deni can play 3/4/5, Bane can play 2/3, Green 3/4/5, Klay 2/3, Paschall 3/4. Lakers are not balanced they in finals, Bucks not balanced but it worked(in regular season, failed mostly cuz Giannis not skilled enough), some teams were more balanced, BOS/DEN/LAC but they did not have that one player to deal with the bigger guys. Clippers needed to put Green on Jokic more, DEN didn't have the personnel to stop Bron and AD. We do not have them currently, so that should be priority during FA
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 8,458
And1: 1,454
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#127 » by Onus » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:50 am

Dream scenarios

MLE Gasol
TPE Thad Young
Draft Deni
2nd rd Nwora or Isaiah Joe

Curry/Poole
Klay/Nwora
Wiggins/Deni
Draymond/Young/Pascal
Gasol/Chriss/Looney

or

MLE Gallo
TPE Oubre
Draft Wiseman
2nd rd Nwora and Naji Marshall/Nate Hinton

Curry/Poole
Klay/Nwora/Naji
Wiggins/Oubre
Draymond/Gallo/Pascal
Wiseman/Chriss/Looney
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
tarantism
Senior
Posts: 700
And1: 630
Joined: Nov 24, 2014
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#128 » by tarantism » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:31 am

Just spit balling here:

Use the TPE and our first next year to get Myles Turner. Trade Looney and #2 this year for Kevon Knox and #8. Draft whomever is left between Hayes, Vassell and Okoro at #8, in that order. Use the MLE on Augustin and then grab GR3 for the minimum.

Turner - Chriss
Green - Paschall - Knox
Wiggins - GR3 - Okoro
Thompson - Lee - Poole
Curry - Augustin - Bowman

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
BW32
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,290
And1: 752
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#129 » by BW32 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:32 am

I wouldn't take Kevin Knox for free let alone move down for him.
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#130 » by ShayDee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:38 am

tarantism wrote:Just spit balling here:

Use the TPE and our first next year to get Myles Turner. Trade Looney and #2 this year for Kevon Knox and #8. Draft whomever is left between Hayes, Vassell and Okoro at #8, in that order. Use the MLE on Augustin and then grab GR3 for the minimum.

Turner - Chriss
Green - Paschall - Knox
Wiggins - GR3 - Okoro
Thompson - Lee - Poole
Curry - Augustin - Bowman

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app


Sorry to break it to you, but Kevin Knox was one of the worst players in the entire league last year. He cannot dribble, lateral quickness is so bad so he cannot defend, always lost on rotations, cannot score, very inefficient, gives off an extremely disinterest in basketball

Just a bad bad player and you want us to dump Looney and trade down 6 spots from #2 for him? Lol
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#131 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:39 am

Derrick Rose per 36 stats for this season blew me away.

I looked at his 3 point shooting first because he had a decent 37% last year from 3. It was a disappointing 30% this year.

Then I looked at the rest of his numbers and it just kept getting better. His finishing is still good as he shot 54% from 2. He shot well from the free throw line. And his assist totals were good.

His per 36 numbers are 25 points and 8 assists. That’s is damn impressive. For a back up bench scorer you can hardly do better than that. Hate the 3 point percentage, but he’s strong at the line, and can make the right passes for sure.

I’m sure he’d love to put Championship ring on his finger. Although, I would bet money he ends up in LA with the Lakers.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
tarantism
Senior
Posts: 700
And1: 630
Joined: Nov 24, 2014
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#132 » by tarantism » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:00 am

What if we used part of the TPE on Larry Nance and then kept the pick and drafted Wiseman? Then use the MLE on Augustin and sign GR3 to the minimum.

Looney - Wiseman - Chriss
Green - Nance - Paschall
Wiggins - GR3 - JTA
Thompson - Lee - Mulder
Curry - Augustin - Bowman
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Commodor
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,453
And1: 162
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#133 » by Commodor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:15 am

Trade 1
TPE + 21 FRP for Smart
Just praying for a cap meltdown where BOS ships him out for relief, however unlikely. GSW gets a true second ball handler.

Trade 2
GSW out: Looney, #2
GSW in: #7, Mitchell Robinson
Move back 3 spots and pick up their defensive big man to preserve dray.

NYK out: #8, Knox, Robinson, Ntilikina
NYK in: #2, Snell (expiring)
Knicks shed more long term contracts and acquire Ball.

Det Out: Snell, #7
Det in: #8, Knox, Ntilikina
Detroit gets younger assets and sheds some salary for a minor move back.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7333162

MLE - Gallinari
Knows he’ll get all the open shots here.

Draft - Vassell #7
3&D piece to build with.

Vet Min - Robin Lopez
Maybe he wants a bigger role which we would happily provide.

Curry/Smart/Bowman
Klay/Vassell/Poole
Wiggins/Gallinari/Lee
Green/Paschall/Smaily
Robinson/Lopez/Chriss
Scoots1994
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,953
And1: 246
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#134 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Commodor wrote:Trade 1
TPE + 21 FRP for Smart
Just praying for a cap meltdown where BOS ships him out for relief, however unlikely. GSW gets a true second ball handler.

Trade 2
GSW out: Looney, #2
GSW in: #7, Mitchell Robinson
Move back 3 spots and pick up their defensive big man to preserve dray.


Smart would be great, but that's not likely if the NBPA agrees to cap smoothing.

Move from #2 to #7 and "move back 3 spots"?
User avatar
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 6,659
And1: 125
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#135 » by TB » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Onus wrote:

MLE Gallo
TPE Oubre
Draft Wiseman
2nd rd Nwora and Naji Marshall/Nate Hinton

Curry/Poole
Klay/Nwora/Naji
Wiggins/Oubre
Draymond/Gallo/Pascal
Wiseman/Chriss/Looney


This is almost identical to my hopes for MLE/TPE/Draft.
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 8,458
And1: 1,454
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#136 » by Onus » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:41 pm

TB wrote:
Onus wrote:

MLE Gallo
TPE Oubre
Draft Wiseman
2nd rd Nwora and Naji Marshall/Nate Hinton

Curry/Poole
Klay/Nwora/Naji
Wiggins/Oubre
Draymond/Gallo/Pascal
Wiseman/Chriss/Looney


This is almost identical to my hopes for MLE/TPE/Draft.


This lineup wins the title
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Commodor
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,453
And1: 162
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#137 » by Commodor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:57 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Commodor wrote:Trade 1
TPE + 21 FRP for Smart
Just praying for a cap meltdown where BOS ships him out for relief, however unlikely. GSW gets a true second ball handler.

Trade 2
GSW out: Looney, #2
GSW in: #7, Mitchell Robinson
Move back 3 spots and pick up their defensive big man to preserve dray.


Smart would be great, but that's not likely if the NBPA agrees to cap smoothing.

Move from #2 to #7 and "move back 3 spots"?



Typo on the 10 key whoops.

Yeah can't see Boston giving him up for just our 21 anyways.
gst8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,101
And1: 2,974
Joined: Dec 23, 2003

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#138 » by gst8 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:19 pm

I wonder how much what Minnesota does with their pick this year affects how management values their pick next year in terms of an asset to keep vs. move ASAP?
Scoots1994
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,953
And1: 246
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#139 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:55 am

If the NBPA doesn't agree to cap smoothing it's nothing but good for the Warriors ... so many teams will be sellers the buyers will have a ton of choices.
ChuckDurn
Veteran
Posts: 2,922
And1: 388
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#140 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:24 am

gst8 wrote:I wonder how much what Minnesota does with their pick this year affects how management values their pick next year in terms of an asset to keep vs. move ASAP?

Yeah, this is a a great question, and one that I think the Warriors are thinking about as they’re doing scenario planning.

If the Wolves keep the pick and nab (presumably) either Ball or Edwards, in all likelihood they’re not going to be improving that much next year, so the likelihood of that pick having a LOT of value (because it would probably be in the 4-8 range, assuming it’s conveyed) is high.

But if the Wolves trade it for proven guys who are going to help them significantly next year, and they suddenly can be envisioned to be a, let’s say, 35-38 win team with the 10th-worst record in the league, then the pick has lost a lot of value.

So it’ll be interesting to see how the Warriors play it. Right now the pick has a lot of value - but that could decline instantaneously 10 minutes into the draft (or even earlier) if the Wolves trade it. If they would consider trading that pick, is it better to do so now, or to play Russian roulette, waiting to see if the Wolves trade it (which could happen at any time)?

Going to be interesting.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?

Return to Golden State Warriors