ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 and 2021 Draft picks

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#21 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:19 am

Coxy wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
B-King wrote:
You can't pick for any team. Either you get the best fit or draft the best asset to work in or trade later. (Please no LeLamo Ball)

Any deal with Milwaukee could take up to a year and half to consummate. So you have to just wait and see what develops around the league.

The Philly situation will be interesting to watch. Simmons or Embid would be a great fit on the Warriors.


I meant it’s not the Buck’s decision if Giannis gets traded or not. If he tells them to trade him to GSW or he signs with Miami or Dallas next summer then they have no choice. Just like Anthony Davis and the Pelicans.


Has he told them to trade him?


No and that’s why the Warriors will wait. If he doesn’t sign the super max this summer then the Warriors are in the game. If he does sign then they move on to plan B. They aren’t making any major moves until Giannis decides.
Scoots1994
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,415
And1: 173
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#22 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:23 pm

ShayDee wrote:I think the warriors this past season after surveying the league for DLo know the importance of 1st round picks. I think they made a mistake being hasty with offloading Iggy for that lightly protected 2024 pick and I highly doubt they would trade any future 1sts unless they are getting a player that would 90% guarantee them a championship like Igyy back in 2014.

But imo I think they should keep them unless we getting Giannis/Simmons/ Maybe Beal. We have other assets that can get us role players. Also for Draymond there are teams that would give us a first for him instead of us giving out one. unless we are dumping him into free cap space without taking salary back


I agree they want to keep their picks. They HAD to move Iggy or no Wiggins and Minny 1st now. They didn't really overpay considering Iguodala didn't play at all and got all those millions.
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#23 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:52 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:I think the warriors this past season after surveying the league for DLo know the importance of 1st round picks. I think they made a mistake being hasty with offloading Iggy for that lightly protected 2024 pick and I highly doubt they would trade any future 1sts unless they are getting a player that would 90% guarantee them a championship like Igyy back in 2014.

But imo I think they should keep them unless we getting Giannis/Simmons/ Maybe Beal. We have other assets that can get us role players. Also for Draymond there are teams that would give us a first for him instead of us giving out one. unless we are dumping him into free cap space without taking salary back


I agree they want to keep their picks. They HAD to move Iggy or no Wiggins and Minny 1st now. They didn't really overpay considering Iguodala didn't play at all and got all those millions.


They’re going to try and trade the pick/picks for sure. Giannis, Simmons and Gordon are most likely plan A, B and C.
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 8,181
And1: 1,343
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#24 » by Onus » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:38 pm

The Maestro wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:I think the warriors this past season after surveying the league for DLo know the importance of 1st round picks. I think they made a mistake being hasty with offloading Iggy for that lightly protected 2024 pick and I highly doubt they would trade any future 1sts unless they are getting a player that would 90% guarantee them a championship like Igyy back in 2014.

But imo I think they should keep them unless we getting Giannis/Simmons/ Maybe Beal. We have other assets that can get us role players. Also for Draymond there are teams that would give us a first for him instead of us giving out one. unless we are dumping him into free cap space without taking salary back


I agree they want to keep their picks. They HAD to move Iggy or no Wiggins and Minny 1st now. They didn't really overpay considering Iguodala didn't play at all and got all those millions.


They’re going to try and trade the pick/picks for sure. Giannis, Simmons and Gordon are most likely plan A, B and C.


I don’t think I would trade wiseman straight up for Gordon let alone a 21 pick for him. For giannis or Simmons absolutely
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Warriors Analyst
Veteran
Posts: 2,621
And1: 633
Joined: May 16, 2005

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#25 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:05 pm

The Maestro wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:I think the warriors this past season after surveying the league for DLo know the importance of 1st round picks. I think they made a mistake being hasty with offloading Iggy for that lightly protected 2024 pick and I highly doubt they would trade any future 1sts unless they are getting a player that would 90% guarantee them a championship like Igyy back in 2014.

But imo I think they should keep them unless we getting Giannis/Simmons/ Maybe Beal. We have other assets that can get us role players. Also for Draymond there are teams that would give us a first for him instead of us giving out one. unless we are dumping him into free cap space without taking salary back


I agree they want to keep their picks. They HAD to move Iggy or no Wiggins and Minny 1st now. They didn't really overpay considering Iguodala didn't play at all and got all those millions.


They’re going to try and trade the pick/picks for sure. Giannis, Simmons and Gordon are most likely plan A, B and C.


There's another poster in the trade board who has alluded to having some sources in the Warriors' universe. He also mentioned that Gordon is a target. Not sure I really like that...
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#26 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Onus wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
I agree they want to keep their picks. They HAD to move Iggy or no Wiggins and Minny 1st now. They didn't really overpay considering Iguodala didn't play at all and got all those millions.


They’re going to try and trade the pick/picks for sure. Giannis, Simmons and Gordon are most likely plan A, B and C.


I don’t think I would trade wiseman straight up for Gordon let alone a 21 pick for him. For giannis or Simmons absolutely


They can’t trade the pick straight up for Gordon so no that won’t happen. And Wiggins will be involved in some way in any of those deals. Maybe a 3rd team.
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#27 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:07 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
I agree they want to keep their picks. They HAD to move Iggy or no Wiggins and Minny 1st now. They didn't really overpay considering Iguodala didn't play at all and got all those millions.


They’re going to try and trade the pick/picks for sure. Giannis, Simmons and Gordon are most likely plan A, B and C.


There's another poster in the trade board who has alluded to having some sources in the Warriors' universe. He also mentioned that Gordon is a target. Not sure I really like that...


He’s plan C but he’s a target. Multiple beat writers and NBA analysts have talked about it. Nothing happens until Giannis decides anyway.
ShayDee
Freshman
Posts: 71
And1: 9
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#28 » by ShayDee » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 pm

The Maestro wrote:
Onus wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
They’re going to try and trade the pick/picks for sure. Giannis, Simmons and Gordon are most likely plan A, B and C.


I don’t think I would trade wiseman straight up for Gordon let alone a 21 pick for him. For giannis or Simmons absolutely


They can’t trade the pick straight up for Gordon so no that won’t happen. And Wiggins will be involved in some way in any of those deals. Most likely a 3rd team.


Are we at least getting like 2 picks or so back? Giving away a pick this draft and not getting anything back for Gordon sounds terrible,
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#29 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:26 pm

ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Onus wrote:
I don’t think I would trade wiseman straight up for Gordon let alone a 21 pick for him. For giannis or Simmons absolutely


They can’t trade the pick straight up for Gordon so no that won’t happen. And Wiggins will be involved in some way in any of those deals. Most likely a 3rd team.


Are we at least getting like 2 picks or so back? Giving away a pick this draft and not getting anything back for Gordon sounds terrible,


There was just an article about teams selling 1st rd picks this year for cash. Nobody likes this draft. I doubt the Dubs will want an extra pick in this draft. A pick swap with Orlando might be a possibility. Like Gordon+Ross+pick for Wiggins+Pick. Something like that.
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#30 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Just read an article about Aaron Gordon being traded and they say Golden st is looking to trade the pick for a vet.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/07/29/rumor-aaron-gordon-trade-from-orlando-could-be-biggest-move-of-offseason/

“Golden State’s first-round pick, which will be top five, but the Warriors are in win-now mode and would prefer veterans who could help now.”
ShayDee
Freshman
Posts: 71
And1: 9
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#31 » by ShayDee » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:31 pm

The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
They can’t trade the pick straight up for Gordon so no that won’t happen. And Wiggins will be involved in some way in any of those deals. Most likely a 3rd team.


Are we at least getting like 2 picks or so back? Giving away a pick this draft and not getting anything back for Gordon sounds terrible,


There was just an article about teams selling 1st rd picks this year for cash. Nobody likes this draft. I doubt the Dubs will want an extra pick in this draft. A pick swap with Orlando might be a possibility. Like Gordon+Ross+pick for Wiggins+Pick. Something like that.


Also does it have to be this years pick? Can't they use the 2021 1st (our own) and if they aren't willing to take Wiggins would the deal be off?
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#32 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 pm

ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Are we at least getting like 2 picks or so back? Giving away a pick this draft and not getting anything back for Gordon sounds terrible,


There was just an article about teams selling 1st rd picks this year for cash. Nobody likes this draft. I doubt the Dubs will want an extra pick in this draft. A pick swap with Orlando might be a possibility. Like Gordon+Ross+pick for Wiggins+Pick. Something like that.


Also does it have to be this years pick? Can't they use the 2021 1st (our own) and if they aren't willing to take Wiggins would the deal be off?


I don’t know but I don’t see how they do a deal without trading Wiggins.
xdrta+
Analyst
Posts: 3,401
And1: 2,382
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#33 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:41 pm

The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
There was just an article about teams selling 1st rd picks this year for cash. Nobody likes this draft. I doubt the Dubs will want an extra pick in this draft. A pick swap with Orlando might be a possibility. Like Gordon+Ross+pick for Wiggins+Pick. Something like that.


Also does it have to be this years pick? Can't they use the 2021 1st (our own) and if they aren't willing to take Wiggins would the deal be off?


I don’t know but I don’t see how they do a deal without trading Wiggins.


Yeah, Gordon and Ross make $31M combined, so Wiggins would have to go. Personally, I wouldn't give Wiggins for the two of them straight up, let alone include a juicy pick.
ShayDee
Freshman
Posts: 71
And1: 9
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#34 » by ShayDee » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:02 pm

The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
There was just an article about teams selling 1st rd picks this year for cash. Nobody likes this draft. I doubt the Dubs will want an extra pick in this draft. A pick swap with Orlando might be a possibility. Like Gordon+Ross+pick for Wiggins+Pick. Something like that.


Also does it have to be this years pick? Can't they use the 2021 1st (our own) and if they aren't willing to take Wiggins would the deal be off?


I don’t know but I don’t see how they do a deal without trading Wiggins.


The magic have a $122 payroll next season. They haven't even signed their rookie Chuma Okeke from last year, if a team is willing to sell a 1st they would be potential sellers, I don't see how they would take Wiggins with the top 5 picks salary and Jonathan Isaacs+ Fultz deal soon in 2 years. They also owned by the Devos family and Orlando is a small market.

I think if it's not Giannis, Simmons or Beal any deal involving our 1st would be terrible and I think I agree with the sentiment that Wiggins has to be in the deal but there aren't many teams willing to take him with or even without this pandemic
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 8,181
And1: 1,343
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#35 » by Onus » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:07 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Also does it have to be this years pick? Can't they use the 2021 1st (our own) and if they aren't willing to take Wiggins would the deal be off?


I don’t know but I don’t see how they do a deal without trading Wiggins.


Yeah, Gordon and Ross make $31M combined, so Wiggins would have to go. Personally, I wouldn't give Wiggins for the two of them straight up, let alone include a juicy pick.


I’m definitely higher on Wiggins than anyone on the trade board as I think he’ll have at least neutral value next year while playing with steph. Any trade that views Wiggins as a bad asset should be a non starter
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#36 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:13 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Also does it have to be this years pick? Can't they use the 2021 1st (our own) and if they aren't willing to take Wiggins would the deal be off?


I don’t know but I don’t see how they do a deal without trading Wiggins.


Yeah, Gordon and Ross make $31M combined, so Wiggins would have to go. Personally, I wouldn't give Wiggins for the two of them straight up, let alone include a juicy pick.


I would definitely trade Wiggins for those 2. Gordon has a declining contract I think. Gordon next to the Splash bros with tons of space would be lethal.
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#37 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 pm

ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Also does it have to be this years pick? Can't they use the 2021 1st (our own) and if they aren't willing to take Wiggins would the deal be off?


I don’t know but I don’t see how they do a deal without trading Wiggins.


The magic have a $122 payroll next season. They haven't even signed their rookie Chuma Okeke from last year, if a team is willing to sell a 1st they would be potential sellers, I don't see how they would take Wiggins with the top 5 picks salary and Jonathan Isaacs+ Fultz deal soon in 2 years. They also owned by the Devos family and Orlando is a small market.

I think if it's not Giannis, Simmons or Beal any deal involving our 1st would be terrible and I think I agree with the sentiment that Wiggins has to be in the deal but there aren't many teams willing to take him with or even without this pandemic


Yeah a third team might be necessary. And a big NO to Beal. Horrendous defender and puts Klay out of position.
User avatar
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 6,500
And1: 81
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#38 » by TB » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Warriors aren't going to trade Wiggins for Gordon (not to mention giving up a pick too).

If we go after Gordon, it's going to be using the TPE. Example: Find a team with a 17m contract they want off the books and trade the TPE for it (maybe even get a 2nd rounder for it), then trade that player and a pick for Gordons 18m contract.

Only way Wiggins is going to be traded is if its needed to match someone in the 25+ million range (aka blockbuster deal where we are unloading all picks and future picks for a superstar).
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,475
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#39 » by The Maestro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 pm

TB wrote:Warriors aren't going to trade Wiggins for Gordon (not to mention giving up a pick too).

If we go after Gordon, it's going to be using the TPE. Example: Find a team with a 17m contract they want off the books and trade the TPE for it (maybe even get a 2nd rounder for it), then trade that player and a pick for Gordons 18m contract.

Only way Wiggins is going to be traded is if its needed to match someone in the 25+ million range (aka blockbuster deal where we are unloading all picks and future picks for a superstar).


I’m not seeing it. That move puts Green at C full time and they’re not gonna pay Wiggins and Gordon. Gordon is big enough and strong enough to guard LeBron and can play the 4 and small ball 5 if hey wanted. I think they’ll move Wiggins the first chance they get.
ShayDee
Freshman
Posts: 71
And1: 9
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: 2020 and 2021 Draft picks 

Post#40 » by ShayDee » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:39 pm

The Maestro wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
I don’t know but I don’t see how they do a deal without trading Wiggins.


Yeah, Gordon and Ross make $31M combined, so Wiggins would have to go. Personally, I wouldn't give Wiggins for the two of them straight up, let alone include a juicy pick.


I would definitely trade Wiggins for those 2. Gordon has a declining contract I think. Gordon next to the Splash bros with tons of space would be lethal.


Wiggins is also a good defender against wings and some 4s (I believe he can be) and Wiggins next to splash bros with a ton of space would be lethal as well, He has a higher 3 pt%, Fg%, FT% and a better scorer and 3rd option than Gordon and in our team Draymond would be the small ball 5 not Gordon

Return to Golden State Warriors