ImageImageImageImageImage

Giannis

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Re: Giannis 

Post#461 » by tasball » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:08 am

Mylie10 wrote:Clever ploy by Klay to pretend he’s injured so that when we trade for him the Bucks won’t ask for Klay

ha ha , yes.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#462 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:57 am

I'm suspicious that Lacob so easily went 80 million plus for one guy...Oubre. Maybe the ONLY reason he does that is to make sure he has enough assets and salary to go big game hunting for Gianis or Embiid or Simmons.

With Oubre you can include his 14 Million dollar salary and talent in a big time trade.
Wiseman, Oubre, Paschall next years lottery pick should be enough to get Giannis...IF he's said "Hell no" to Bucks. And Bucks would want to trade him West instead of having him walk for nothing to Miami...Eastern team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#463 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:00 am

The Bucks are IDIOTS if they traded all those picks/swaps just for Jrue and don't have Giannis' commitment.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#464 » by WarriorGM » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:32 am

InWestWeTrust wrote:The Bucks are IDIOTS if they traded all those picks/swaps just for Jrue and don't have Giannis' commitment.

There's only one way to know you have Giannis's commitment: a signed contract.

You do it and hope for the best or don't do it and hope for the best.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#465 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:04 pm

InWestWeTrust wrote:The Bucks are IDIOTS if they traded all those picks/swaps just for Jrue and don't have Giannis' commitment.

And if he doesn't sign? How do you get the high picks and assets back? :)

Wiseman (#2) pick, Next years top 10 (Wolves are going to suck), Warriors 2021 (if above 20) pick, Paschall, Oubre. This is a great way to re-start your franchise.

Heck Houston could also be the trade partner in a three way deal....sending Hardaway to Bucks, Warrior assets to Houston, bringing Giannis back.

What can I say...so hard to let go of the dream :)
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#466 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:18 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Wiseman (#2) pick, Next years top 10 (Wolves are going to suck), Warriors 2021 (if above 20) pick, Paschall, Oubre. This is a great way to re-start your franchise.

Heck Houston could also be the trade partner in a three way deal....sending Hardaway to Bucks, Warrior assets to Houston, bringing Giannis back.

*Harden

I like the way you think though ;)
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#467 » by TinoDubs » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:23 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

You left out Wiggins :) ... and Paschall and Oubre to re-start your franchise ... LOL. Would you want to take the players and picks you mentioned for Curry? Look at what the LAL gave up for AD? If any teams want Giannis, AD's deal is a starting bid.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#468 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram, the draft rights to De’Andre Hunter, two first round picks, a first-round pick swap right and cash.

Oubre, Paschall, Wiseman, two high first round picks. How is that NOT the same level? Wiseman right now has more upside then anything in the AD deal. Lonzo is a bit of a broken point guard that can't shoot straight. Ingram has the highest potential in that deal but would you put overall value that much higher than Oubre and Paschall.

And btw....the Laker picks are going to suck....Warrior pick next year is Wolves ....

And yes...I would...if I knew the guy was walking for nothing.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#469 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:36 pm

TinoDubs wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

You left out Wiggins :) ... and Paschall and Oubre to re-start your franchise ... LOL. Would you want to take the players and picks you mentioned for Curry? Look at what the LAL gave up for AD? If any teams want Giannis, AD's deal is a starting bid.

Oh...and I'm leaving out Wiggins cause I'm thinking that's a negative asset in a restart. Hey if they ask for it...I'll include him. But I would rather the Warriors kept Wiggins (crazy I know)>
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#470 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:37 pm

InWestWeTrust wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

*Harden

I like the way you think though ;)

oops...thanks for the catch :)
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#471 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:38 pm

Hey guys...help me out. Is there any reason why Giannis couldn't, as part of an orchestrated trade to another team, SIGN the supermax and then just take that with him in the trade?
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#472 » by marthafokker » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:16 pm

I actually want Gianni's to sign. He will be off the market for 1 year. That will take LAL and Heats off the market for signing him.

Then GSW can do a trade. Imagine a trade and still have Oubre having Bird right to resign him.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
wupuck
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#473 » by wupuck » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:57 am

The interesting thing w/ Giannis now is because the Dubs have Oubre, IF Giannis insists on coming the Dubs, they might not need to give up Wiseman anymore. Giannis forcing his way to the dubs would give the Dubs good leverage to make it a package of Wiggins, Oubre, Paschal & probably the Minn Pick.

Curry, Klay, Giannis, Wiseman, Green is suddenly a team that might challenge for the Larry Obrien again.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,210

Post#474 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:34 am

Supposedly he tried to help recruit Bogie, who wasn't willing to take a lower salary.

Now that they didn't get him, the other signings which the Bucks made doesn't seem likely to solve their playoff woes. They can scapegoat Bledsoe for poor shooting in two consecutive playoffs but he's at best their 3rd option.

Holiday is a very good player but I don't know that he's that reliable a scorer either.

Giannis has a December deadline so he can sign the super Max by then or after the season. If he doesn't sign in December, Milwaukee is lost.

There are rumors that AD is going to wait to see if Giannis signs the super Max in which case he'd only do a 1 year deal and then sign next year after Giannis signs with the Lakers.

You figure Lebron and Klutch are recruiting him now. Lebron could honestly tell him about his first stint in Cleveland when they signed a whole bunch of players but none of them really were good enough so he bailed for Miami.
wupuck
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#475 » by wupuck » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:43 am

wco81 wrote:Supposedly he tried to help recruit Bogie, who wasn't willing to take a lower salary.

Now that they didn't get him, the other signings which the Bucks made doesn't seem likely to solve their playoff woes. They can scapegoat Bledsoe for poor shooting in two consecutive playoffs but he's at best their 3rd option.

Holiday is a very good player but I don't know that he's that reliable a scorer either.

Giannis has a December deadline so he can sign the super Max by then or after the season. If he doesn't sign in December, Milwaukee is lost.

There are rumors that AD is going to wait to see if Giannis signs the super Max in which case he'd only do a 1 year deal and then sign next year after Giannis signs with the Lakers.

You figure Lebron and Klutch are recruiting him now. Lebron could honestly tell him about his first stint in Cleveland when they signed a whole bunch of players but none of them really were good enough so he bailed for Miami.

that woudl really suck if Giannis went to the Lakers.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#476 » by marthafokker » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Curry needs to step in and recruite his buddy. They have the same agent, so have him help by signing. He can always ask for a trade to GSW if Bucks sucks.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#477 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:52 pm

The stars are aligning for Giannis to join Miami. All the Heat need to do is stay competitive, stay healthy, and avoid playing the Bucks in the playoffs to avoid the whole KD narrative. Giannis will be the savior of the NBA as long as he doesn't join the Lakers.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#478 » by Mylie10 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:58 pm

I’m watching the Kawhi opt out next season.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#479 » by Little Digger » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Miami extending my man Bam
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#480 » by Hopper15 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Little Digger wrote:Miami extending my man Bam

No more max to offer Giannis next off season. Warriors trade deadline leverage takes a hit. Can Dallas still create a max slot?

Return to Golden State Warriors