ImageImageImageImageImage

Giannis

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,426

Re: Giannis 

Post#501 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:05 pm

DevinVassell wrote:No brainer for Giannis really. Just sign and take the 75 mil extra cash...

Can always demand a trade later.

DV....if it's a no brainer then why hasn't he taken it? I guess that's the reason I think he's likely leaving.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,263

Post#502 » by xdrta+ » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:27 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:No brainer for Giannis really. Just sign and take the 75 mil extra cash...

DV....if it's a no brainer then why hasn't he taken it? I guess that's the reason I think he's likely leaving.

He may want to see what happens this year. He can sign the same deal next summer.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#503 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:28 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

He may want to see what happens this year. He can sign the same deal next summer.

Bingo. The only thing not signing now costs him is if he has a career altering injury this year. Other than that there is no reason to sign now.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#504 » by Phase 3 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Giannis should team up with Luka if he wants the best basketball opportunity over the next 5 or so years.

If he places value on lifestyle while still being on a very good team, he should go to Miami.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,299

Post#505 » by wco81 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Phase 3 wrote:Giannis should team up with Luka if he wants the best basketball opportunity over the next 5 or so years.

If he places value on lifestyle while still being on a very good team, he should go to Miami.

Giannis is supposedly a gym rat so maybe Miami wouldn't be that much more appealing to him. During the offseason, he can get the same kind of beach, tropical lifestyle in Greece, without the hurricanes and Florida Man.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#506 » by sonnyhill » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:17 pm

I would love to see the Warriors trade Draymond, Klay, Wiggins, and swap next season's protected #1 (from the T-Wolves) for Milwaukee's #1 and get the Greek Freak in a Warrior uniform. Curry, Oubre, Paschal, Greek Freak, and Wiseman would be a younger, more athletic, and more lethal lineup for the Warriors. Milwaukee can build around Wiggins's potential, a good #1 draft choice (in a strong draft year), and veterans Klay and Draymond.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,154

Post#507 » by TB » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:21 pm

sonnyhill wrote:I would love to see the Warriors trade Draymond, Klay, Wiggins, and swap next season's protected #1 (from the T-Wolves) for Milwaukee's #1 and get the Greek Freak in a Warrior uniform. Curry, Oubre, Paschal, Greek Freak, and Wiseman would be a younger, more athletic, and more lethal lineup for the Warriors. Milwaukee can build around Wiggins's potential, a good #1 draft choice (in a strong draft year), and veterans Klay and Draymond.

Financially, thats about 50m away from being a legal trade.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#508 » by sonnyhill » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:25 pm

TB wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:I would love to see the Warriors trade Draymond, Klay, Wiggins, and swap next season's protected #1 (from the T-Wolves) for Milwaukee's #1 and get the Greek Freak in a Warrior uniform. Curry, Oubre, Paschal, Greek Freak, and Wiseman would be a younger, more athletic, and more lethal lineup for the Warriors. Milwaukee can build around Wiggins's potential, a good #1 draft choice (in a strong draft year), and veterans Klay and Draymond.

TB: Thank you for the dose of "cap-realism."

Would a Draymond, Wiggins, and both of next year's #1 picks work in exchange for Greek Freak and Milwaukee's #1 or does Wiggins's contract require receiving another player?
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 857

Post#509 » by DevinVassell » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:31 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Tongue in cheek. I like Giannis.

Some superstars doing whatever they want these days.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#510 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:24 pm

sonnyhill wrote:
TB wrote:

Would a Draymond, Wiggins, and both of next year's #1 picks work in exchange for Greek Freak and Milwaukee's #1 or does Wiggins's contract require receiving another player?

My question would be, why would milwaukee want a package centered around the wolves pick (which has top 3 protection) and two bad contracts? They could easily get better offers than that.
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#511 » by tal57 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:22 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

Bingo. The only thing not signing now costs him is if he has a career altering injury this year. Other than that there is no reason to sign now.

For Giannis there is no reason to sign now. What about the Bucks? You think they'll sit a year and pray they get into the Finals or more so win it all and he resigns? You think KD situation would not be on anybody's minds, now that there is a convincing precedence out there.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,263

Post#512 » by xdrta+ » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:49 am

tal57 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

For Giannis there is no reason to sign now. What about the Bucks? You think they'll sit a year and pray they get into the Finals or more so win it all and he resigns? You think KD situation would not be on anybody's minds, now that there is a convincing precedence out there.

Do I think the Bucks will try to win a championship this year and wait until next summer to try and re-sign Giannis? You mean as opposed to giving up and trading him now? Yes, I do.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,299

Post#513 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:04 am

He might as well sign now unless he's willing to leave $75 millions on the table because he thinks he'd have a better chance to win titles with Miami, Dallas or Toronto, which are the teams all angling to sign him in free agency.

For all we know, he can blow out his knee or Achilles this season. I would think Bucks would still give him the super max but other teams might not even sign him to the max.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#514 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:18 am

SF_Warriors wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:
TB wrote:

My question would be, why would milwaukee want a package centered around the wolves pick (which has top 3 protection) and two bad contracts? They could easily get better offers than that.

You're right...I think Wiseman has to be in the deal for them to take it.
I think a better fit for a restarting team would be Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman, Wovles Pick and Warriors Pick?
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#515 » by InWestWeTrust » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:25 am

Wiseman going to be better than this scrub no thanks
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#516 » by tal57 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:31 am

xdrta+ wrote:
tal57 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Do I think the Bucks will try to win a championship this year and wait until next summer to try and re-sign Giannis? You mean as opposed to giving up and trading him now? Yes, I do.

You may be totally right in that Bucks believe in winning the title much more so than trading Giannis. The problem is it is a huge risk. What if they are bounced out in the second round and he walks for nothing. A real possibility. I am not saying all of that because I necessarily want the Bucks to trade him to the Warriors. Well, if the Warriors would somehow trade for him, fine. Bur honestly I also see the drawbacks with too many chefs in the kitchen. I would prefer to see what the Warriors have this year, I want to see their youngster take a leap. I hope to see Wiggins and Oubre have outstanding years, resign Oubre, get old Klay back, hopefully be in the position to grab a star with Minny pick and roll this way with a very deep, excellent defensive team. Rather than empty half the team of promising players and put Giannis next to Curry, Dray and scrubs/washed up has beens chasing the ring. Giannis is a great player but IMO not as good as healthy KD because of his several flows. Obviously if they would have traded for Harden, I would never ever watch a single game until he is on the team. I absolutely despise his game.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#517 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:32 pm

If I'm Myers right now....
"Hey Bucks....the thing is we are either going to trade our amazing future franchise center and other assets for Harden....or Giannis. What's it gonna be?"
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#518 » by Mylie10 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:31 pm

If Om the Bucks.....right now....I’d respond, “Go ahead and enjoy Harden while decimating your future assets, lol” click
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#519 » by Phase 3 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:59 am

If Giannis doesn’t sign the extension before December 21st, more and more Bucks fans seem to be open to trading him. The reason being that they gave up so many future 1sts to build the team around Giannis that they feel like they can’t afford to lose him for nothing....

And I can’t blame them. If Giannis walks their future is totally screwed. Should be an interesting week ahead for the Bucks.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,707

Post#520 » by Warriorfan » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:07 am

I think Giannis will do a PG type I'll sign but I have the right to ask for a trade any time.

Return to Golden State Warriors