ImageImageImageImageImage

Giannis

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Re: Giannis 

Post#521 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:20 pm

Phase 3 wrote:If Giannis doesn’t sign the extension before December 21st, more and more Bucks fans seem to be open to trading him. The reason being that they gave up so many future 1sts to build the team around Giannis that they feel like they can’t afford to lose him for nothing....

And I can’t blame them. If Giannis walks their future is totally screwed. Should be an interesting week ahead for the Bucks.

He can still be sign/traded later, just not the supermax deal. The Warriors managed to get something for KD despite him being a UFA.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#522 » by Phase 3 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Read on Twitter
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#523 » by BG » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Giannis signed the supermax according to WOJ
Warriors!!!
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#524 » by Phase 3 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:36 pm

I think it’s cool that Giannis is staying in Milwaukee. I think they’ve done a poor job of building around him and he’s still loyal to the team.

I think the Harden trade market should heat up now that the Giannis situation is settled. Toronto, Miami, and Philly seem like teams that could push their chips in for him.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#525 » by ClutchUp » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:36 pm

I'm glad the Mavs are now off the table. That rumor scared me.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#526 » by Phase 3 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:39 pm

ClutchUp wrote:I'm glad the Mavs are now off the table. That rumor scared me.

Yeah. The Mavs would have been a major problem for years to come with Luka and Giannis.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#527 » by azwfan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:46 pm

This is good news for GSW right? Because now if he wants out, he'll need to be traded and we can put together one of the better trade offers. Less Philly (Embiid +) and maybe Miami (Adabayo, Herro). Root hard for Smiley and Jordan Poole!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#528 » by Phase 3 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:57 pm

azwfan wrote:This is good news for GSW right? Because now if he wants out, he'll need to be traded and we can put together one of the better trade offers. Less Philly (Embiid +) and maybe Miami (Adabayo, Herro). Root hard for Smiley and Jordan Poole!

If he wanted to go to the Warriors, he would have forced a trade this past offseason imo. I think he’s in Milwaukee for at least another couple years....and then if he decides he wants out, my bet is he’ll want to go to a team with a younger core.

Also, here’s another tell...I don’t think the Warriors pursue Harden at all if they think they have a good chance at Giannis. The only reason they inquired about Harden is because they knew Giannis wasn’t happening. Just my opinion.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#529 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:01 pm

$75 million was too much to leave on the table.

Nice consolation for not being able to win a ring in Milwaukee.

But he could still be traded in a couple of years if they still haven't won it all by then.
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#530 » by MarxyLebronist » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Excellent. Now you guys can stop trying to hype-tamper The Discourse and disrupt his future.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#531 » by Phase 3 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Lol at a Lakers fan talking about tampering with other teams/stars.
MarxyLebronist
Senior

Post#532 » by MarxyLebronist » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:04 pm

You guys are more active than most, and I see a huge thread here about Giannis dating back... a while. All in good fun. :-)

I was actually sort of hoping he would announce "I'm taking my talents to South Beach."
But the franchise that is definitely done for now: Toronto.

In other news, I watched both Sac preseason games and wow are they always going to be terrible. My goodness. You could play the ghost of Manute Bol tonight at C and still destroy them (I loved Manute Bol btw). Probably still true by the end of this season, too. They never improve or get any smarter, it seems.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#533 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:21 pm

MarxyLebronist wrote:You guys are more active than most, and I see a huge thread here about Giannis dating back... a while. All in good fun. :-)

I was actually sort of hoping he would announce "I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

In other news, I watched both Sac preseason games and wow are they always going to be terrible. My goodness. You could play the ghost of Manute Bol tonight at C and still destroy them (I loved Manute Bol btw). Probably still true by the end of this season, too. They never improve or get any smarter, it seems.

Welcome.

Sac frustrates me....because I spent so many years watching Warriors screw it up too. There ought to be a law from this kind of fan abuse :( Pick the wrong pick...overpay for a role player....finally hit on a solid pick and trade him because he's pissed. Sigh.

I wanted Giannis here big time because he and Curry would play with such joy together. Oh well...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
MarxyLebronist
Senior

Post#534 » by MarxyLebronist » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:50 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
MarxyLebronist wrote:You guys are more active than most, and I see a huge thread here about Giannis dating back... a while. All in good fun. :-)

Welcome.

Sac frustrates me....because I spent so many years watching Warriors screw it up too. There ought to be a law from this kind of fan abuse :( Pick the wrong pick...overpay for a role player....finally hit on a solid pick and trade him because he's pissed. Sigh.

I wanted Giannis here big time because he and Curry would play with such joy together. Oh well...

I actually sort of like Milwaukee, granted in only limited time spent there. Not sure I could deal with Green Bay fans everywhere though. But the Lakes are just fine for good living, and decent vacation cabins with lots of private lakefront land out in the sticks are cheap all over the place I hear lol. Flights back to Europe or other desirable spots are all within 3-4 hours of each other from most spots in the States anyway, I suppose.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#535 » by Mylie10 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:08 am

So to Digger and Khoee......this ends our dinner bet.

Khoee had Giannis to the Heat
Digger - Dallas
Me - Warriors

But I think we all agreed the money was always in Milwaukee.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM

Post#536 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:09 am

It's only been about 15 games but sure looks like the Bucks are not winning at the same rate they were in the past previous couple of seasons.

Maybe the changes they made will make them play better in the playoffs but that seems unlikely that they'd play worse in the regular season but really perform in the playoffs.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#537 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:05 am

Giannis 2022
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM

Post#538 » by wco81 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:14 pm

Not that he's going to ask to be traded but the Bucks gave a $160 million contract to Holiday so they're locked into that core.

Holiday is 31.

So realistically, they have a window of maybe 2 more seasons after this one to win with that core.

Not impossible. They are the #3 seed in the East. If their shooters get hot, they could beat both Philly and Brooklyn.

Could but not expected to.

The next time they fail to win the chip or at least get to the ECF and go at least 7 games, Budenholzer will be fired and they could try it with another coach.

Giannis seems destined to end up like Barkley, great career but no rings. He doesn't seem the type to demand out, in fact may still be grateful to the Bucks for developing him.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#539 » by SAKURABA216 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:22 am

wco81 wrote:Not that he's going to ask to be traded but the Bucks gave a $160 million contract to Holiday so they're locked into that core.

Holiday is 31.

So realistically, they have a window of maybe 2 more seasons after this one to win with that core.

Not impossible. They are the #3 seed in the East. If their shooters get hot, they could beat both Philly and Brooklyn.

Could but not expected to.

The next time they fail to win the chip or at least get to the ECF and go at least 7 games, Budenholzer will be fired and they could try it with another coach.

Giannis seems destined to end up like Barkley, great career but no rings. He doesn't seem the type to demand out, in fact may still be grateful to the Bucks for developing him.

Giannis will form a big 3 with Luka and Zion. It is written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wco81
RealGM

Post#540 » by wco81 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 12:03 pm

So it’s not over but the Bucks are struggling to put up points in the first two games of the Finals. They’ve come back before and they could again.

But Giannis has played well coming back from injury but the other two big players for the Bucks are not producing when th team needs them.

To be sure Middleton had a couple of huge games vs. Bucks to get them into the Finals when Giannis was out.

But he’s been MIA, maybe bothered by Bridges.

Bucks are shooting 29% from 3 in the playoffs so it’s kind of an achievement they made it so far, though people will point out that they benefitted from playing teams with key injuries.

Still at times during the season, the Bucks didn’t seem likely to get this far. In fact, the big off-season trades, to convince Giannis, weren’t that convincing. But then the big extension for Jrue made people scratch their heads more. Nice player but do they want to lock into Middleton and Jrue as the rest of their Big 3?

Self serving for Warriors fans to say Giannis would be way better off with Steph, Klay and Dray but scoring wouldn’t be a problem.

Giannis May regret his loyalty to the Bucks.

Return to Golden State Warriors