ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

What to do with our 2020 #2 Overall Draft Pick?

Draft Anthony Edwards
4
7%
Draft James Wiseman
35
61%
Draft Someone Else
2
4%
Trade Down
8
14%
Trade for proven/quality talent
8
14%
 
Total votes: 57

ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#121 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:40 am

The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Wiggins and the pick for Gordon, Ross and the a pick is plausible.


What if we don't win? When next are we going to be picking top 2 or how are we extending this dynasty?
.

Anthony Edwards and Andrew Wiggins aren’t extending anything. Especially Wiggins and the contract. Gordon is a better player on a much better deal. Take Gordon and Ross and draft Patrick Williams at 15 and the Warriors are a better team instantly.


Gordon is a severely worse offensive player and shooter than Wiggins. They are similar defensively We lost KD a 28 ppg scorer and got Wiggins that can give you 22ppg while playing good D and passing and probably can hit open shot which is better than the production you get from Gordon that gives you 14ppg and will brick most of his jumpers

We need more sure things and spacing on offense. Especially in this 3point shooting league. You think the Mavs would be able to tango with the Clips if they had any less of the shooters they have? A combo of Wiggins+Wiseman is better than AG+Ross. Bro that's just terrible value to move from #2 overall. We need more picks from them
User avatar
The Maestro
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,572
And1: 51
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#122 » by The Maestro » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:44 am

Wiggins is ass and the Warriors don’t want Wiseman. Gordon is an better player than Wiggins and can defend the big wings and power forwards in the death lineup. And his contract is so much better it’s laughable. I’ll take Gordon over Wiggins easily.

If you make the trade and get th eMagoc pick they can possibly get Williams who will be better than Wiseman. And Ross is a throw in to give you some
Minutes at the 2/3. Warriors are batter team with those guys. But again, that’s way down the line. They’re going for stars first.
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 49,850
And1: 8,711
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: Let's ditch guns!

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#123 » by floppymoose » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:50 am

Happy for Minny to get #1. Good for them and for GSW, as they will invest in playing that player when the losses mount and that will lead to a good pick for GS.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,760
And1: 8,664
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#124 » by Mylie10 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:54 am

The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
They 1000% want to trade the pick.


The report stated “likely”. That’s not what Woj said.

Now based on your behind the scenes contacts, I’d need to know names at this point because Betty from accounting doesn’t count, and she sucks at draft evals.


Yeah I’m certainly not giving names. Giannis wants GSW and GSW obviously want him but a lot of things have to happen. Step 1 was getting a top 2 pick. Mission accomplished there. Step 2 will be Bucks losing and step 3 is Giannis not signing super max and asking for a trade. Lots of moving parts there. If it doesn’t work out then the focus turns to Simmons or Embiid. They’ll take either one but I think Simmons is higher on the list. Plan C is Aaron Gordon. GSW don’t want that pick in any way shape or form. None. Just wait and see.


No offense, but while you may know some people who know Giannis, I doubt you are also connected to Warriors deal makers.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
The Maestro
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,572
And1: 51
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#125 » by The Maestro » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:05 am

Mylie10 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
The report stated “likely”. That’s not what Woj said.

Now based on your behind the scenes contacts, I’d need to know names at this point because Betty from accounting doesn’t count, and she sucks at draft evals.


Yeah I’m certainly not giving names. Giannis wants GSW and GSW obviously want him but a lot of things have to happen. Step 1 was getting a top 2 pick. Mission accomplished there. Step 2 will be Bucks losing and step 3 is Giannis not signing super max and asking for a trade. Lots of moving parts there. If it doesn’t work out then the focus turns to Simmons or Embiid. They’ll take either one but I think Simmons is higher on the list. Plan C is Aaron Gordon. GSW don’t want that pick in any way shape or form. None. Just wait and see.


No offense, but while you may know some people who know Giannis, I doubt you are also connected to Warriors deal makers.


I know one guy and he has relationships with multiple nba players and nba personnel and a couple of them are with the Warriors. He’s giving me stuff here and there over the years and he told me about KD to GSW days before it happened but I didn’t really believe him. Won’t make that mistake again. The Warriors know Giannis wants in but they also know it’s still a long shot because Giannis will have to get nasty to get it done. The front office love Simmons, some of the players love Embiid and Myers really loves Gordon(obviously he’d take Giannis first).
nismolos
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 35
Joined: Nov 02, 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#126 » by nismolos » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:09 am

If we keep pick, draft Wiseman. The potential is too high to not take.

If we trade, we NEED a rebounding/shotblocking big to deal with AD and Leonard. We looked tiny out there early in the season against the Lakers. Im personally not interested in any trade that doesn’t net us Giannis.
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 49,850
And1: 8,711
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: Let's ditch guns!

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#127 » by floppymoose » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:13 am

The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:No offense, but while you may know some people who know Giannis, I doubt you are also connected to Warriors deal makers.


I know one guy


are you sure Travis Schlenk isn't just jerking you around?
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 39,799
And1: 9,593
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#128 » by Coxy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:29 am

Spud2nique wrote:Really hoping you guys take Wiseman. :pray:


Why is that?
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#129 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:29 am

The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Yeah I’m certainly not giving names. Giannis wants GSW and GSW obviously want him but a lot of things have to happen. Step 1 was getting a top 2 pick. Mission accomplished there. Step 2 will be Bucks losing and step 3 is Giannis not signing super max and asking for a trade. Lots of moving parts there. If it doesn’t work out then the focus turns to Simmons or Embiid. They’ll take either one but I think Simmons is higher on the list. Plan C is Aaron Gordon. GSW don’t want that pick in any way shape or form. None. Just wait and see.


No offense, but while you may know some people who know Giannis, I doubt you are also connected to Warriors deal makers.


I know one guy and he has relationships with multiple nba players and nba personnel and a couple of them are with the Warriors. He’s giving me stuff here and there over the years and he told me about KD to GSW days before it happened but I didn’t really believe him. Won’t make that mistake again. The Warriors know Giannis wants in but they also know it’s still a long shot because Giannis will have to get nasty to get it done. The front office love Simmons, some of the players love Embiid and Myers really loves Gordon(obviously he’d take Giannis first).


Myers eye for talent is definitely lacking if he loves Gordon for us. If we still had KD fine, AG can just be the next Iggy, but man we need scorers from every position on this team. It's a reason the Raptors are good, It's a reason the mavs are hanging on with championship favorites.

AG is no scorer whatsoever and Every team will guard us like the Raptors did in the finals. Steph is old now we cannot be depending on him to still carry all the offensive load.

Also we need rebounders and shot blockers if not we are not winning jack
ClutchUp
Freshman
Posts: 88
And1: 42
Joined: Dec 23, 2019
       

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#130 » by ClutchUp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:35 am

HiRez wrote:
Little Digger wrote:I really want the Knicks 2021 #1..unprotected

That's what I proposed earlier, our #2 and maybe a future 2nd for their #8 and their first next year. No idea what they want (Ball?) or how desperate they are to move up though. But it's the Knicks so they may do something stupid. With #8 we have a good chance of getting one of Okoro, Okongwu, Toppin, or Vassel (among others). Knicks 2021 FRP would be an amazing asset to have if they're looking to trade.


Agreed. If we can swindle the Knicks for a future first I hope Myers goes for it.
Scoots1994
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,795
And1: 223
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#131 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:32 pm

The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Quazza wrote:

if Bob did say that, it's pretty strong language and makes me think there's already offers he likes.....Which I don't really like


Bob didn’t say that. Calling teams and talking trade doesn’t mean they want to trade the pick.


They 1000% want to trade the pick.


If they even 100% wanted to trade the pick they could trade it no problem. The problem is that they want to trade the pick for significant value in return and that value may not be available.
Scoots1994
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,795
And1: 223
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#132 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:40 pm

ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
The report stated “likely”. That’s not what Woj said.

Now based on your behind the scenes contacts, I’d need to know names at this point because Betty from accounting doesn’t count, and she sucks at draft evals.


Yeah I’m certainly not giving names. Giannis wants GSW and GSW obviously want him but a lot of things have to happen. Step 1 was getting a top 2 pick. Mission accomplished there. Step 2 will be Bucks losing and step 3 is Giannis not signing super max and asking for a trade. Lots of moving parts there. If it doesn’t work out then the focus turns to Simmons or Embiid. They’ll take either one but I think Simmons is higher on the list. Plan C is Aaron Gordon. GSW don’t want that pick in any way shape or form. None. Just wait and see.


Yo If the trade this pick for AG, bob deserves to be gone


Not if it's #2 for AG and 3 Orlando 1sts.
Free Ballin
Ballboy
Posts: 3
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 19, 2020

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#133 » by Free Ballin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:50 pm

The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
There’d be more involved than just Gordona nd the pick, I’m sure


What more? We gifting the Magic a free franchise player for a player that is not proven for us and have little odds of improving. Unless they give us 2 more future picks + their 15 or whatever that's a bad deal.


Wiggins and the pick for Gordon, Ross and the a pick is plausible. Something like that. But that’s way down the road. Lacob and Myers are going big game hunting first.



I’m sorry but That is an absolute crap return and looks like tunnel vision and trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, just to get something done. The only possible saving grace could be Orlando’s 2021 first rounder... on top of Gordon, Ross and their first rounder this year, but they are a treadmill playoff team that Will have added added a #2 pick. That 2021 pick won’t even be in the lottery.... SMH. I don’t even like Gordon more than Wiggins and Ross plus a mid round pick is just a crappy return. The dynasty is over if that is the crap leadership is looking at.
User avatar
lars_rosenberg
Veteran
Posts: 2,681
And1: 2,257
Joined: Aug 15, 2014
 

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#134 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:22 pm

Aaron Gordon sucks guys. I would swap it for Wiggins just for the better contract, but I would never add any more value to it. He's not the missing piece we are looking for.

I like Simmons though. I think that he would work great with Steph and Klay giving him space. We would need a shooting 5 to maximize the fit (Aaron Baynes maybe?), but he's young, has great size to play the 3 (or the 4 or even the 5 in the small ball lineup) and is a great defender. He's also a good fit with Steph because he can be the playmaker while Steph plays more off the ball which is a plus
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,101
And1: 153
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#135 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Wiggins + Wiseman + Paschall for Myles Turner + TJ Warren?
superunknown
Junior
Posts: 288
And1: 72
Joined: Sep 25, 2018
       

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#136 » by superunknown » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:06 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Wiseman + Paschall for Myles Turner + TJ Warren?


why?
Phase 3
Starter
Posts: 2,242
And1: 639
Joined: Dec 14, 2013
Location: Bay Area
     

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#137 » by Phase 3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:06 pm

I watched quite a few Magic games this year. Aaron Gordon looked awful compared to how he looked a couple years ago...loose handle, screwed up shot, ect.

I’m all for trading the #2 pick for a star. Not for Aaron Gordon though. I’d only be interested in Gordon if the asking price was something like our lottery protected 1st next year.

Now....Giannis, Beal, Simmons, ect...that’s a different story. Of course I’d package the 2nd pick for those guys.
User avatar
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
Posts: 6,991
And1: 2,071
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#138 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:10 pm

ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
What if we don't win? When next are we going to be picking top 2 or how are we extending this dynasty?
.

Anthony Edwards and Andrew Wiggins aren’t extending anything. Especially Wiggins and the contract. Gordon is a better player on a much better deal. Take Gordon and Ross and draft Patrick Williams at 15 and the Warriors are a better team instantly.


Gordon is a severely worse offensive player and shooter than Wiggins. They are similar defensively We lost KD a 28 ppg scorer and got Wiggins that can give you 22ppg while playing good D and passing and probably can hit open shot which is better than the production you get from Gordon that gives you 14ppg and will brick most of his jumpers

We need more sure things and spacing on offense. Especially in this 3point shooting league. You think the Mavs would be able to tango with the Clips if they had any less of the shooters they have? A combo of Wiggins+Wiseman is better than AG+Ross. Bro that's just terrible value to move from #2 overall. We need more picks from them

Wait a sec. I don't love these Aaron Gordon ideas; I think if it comes to that, it will mean we weren't able to do what we wanted (which is how I felt when we traded for Wiggins as well). But if the rationale is that it would be a bad idea because Wiggins can score 22 while playing good D, that's a reach. Wiggins has historically been a horrible defender. I'm optimistic we can potentially turn him into an ok/average defender, but even that involves some amount of finger crossing and faith. I also think he isn't going to score 22 with healthy Curry and Klay, but he also doesn't need to. I honestly think the goal is to turn him into a slightly better scoring Harrison Barnes. Something like that.
Image

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Phase 3
Starter
Posts: 2,242
And1: 639
Joined: Dec 14, 2013
Location: Bay Area
     

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#139 » by Phase 3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:17 pm

Oh yeah, and Aaron Gordon is more of a 4 than he is a 3. So from a fit perspective, not ideal with Draymond imo.

Could he fill the Iguodala role off the bench? I think that might be his best fit if he were here.
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,101
And1: 153
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#140 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:24 pm

superunknown wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Wiseman + Paschall for Myles Turner + TJ Warren?


why?


Just a few days ago, Wiseman was on a podcast with Scottie Pippen and Richard Jefferson. They said with Warriors most likely in position to draft him, he’d have the benefit to play with veterans who knows how to win with their system and he can learn from them (paraphrasing). However, I think they also questioned his intentions/goals in the league: Does he want to play for an established Ball club and might not get as many touches or to develop (with us)? Or does he want to be “the guy” on a developing or mediocre team where the game plan will run through him. Of course, the generic answer he gives them is he’ll fit into whichever team drafts him and he’ll continue to put in the work. If it’s the latter, I feel Wiseman will Grow tired and request for a trade if he doesn’t get that many touches or is limited due to this raw abilities. But, if they’re winning, I’d say he’d want to stay put.

As we all know, this organization wants to remain competitive and win now with Curry, Thompson, and Green almost or at their peak. Maybe asking for TJ Warren is a bit much (matching/equating salary purposes), but could involve a 3rd team?

Return to Golden State Warriors