ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

What to do with our 2020 #2 Overall Draft Pick?

Draft Anthony Edwards
7%
Draft James Wiseman
61%
Draft Someone Else
4%
Trade Down
14%
Trade for proven/quality talent
14%

Total votes: 57

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#21 » by HiRez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:26 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
HiRez wrote:Even though I hope they just take Wiseman, NYK dropping down might mean they're more motivated to deal to move up to #2. Swap picks with them this year, still get a good player, get their FRP next year, which will be high, because they're the Knicks.

Knicks:
GSW 2020 #2
GSW 2021 2RP (we have ours plus Toronto's)

Warriors:
NYK 2020 #8 (Okoro, Okongwu, Toppin, Vassel, etc.)
NYK 2021 1RP (they also have Dallas' 1RP)

What are the terms and conditions of Minnesota's 2021 FRP that we have for that DLO trade, again?

It's top 3 protected next year, if we don't get it then we get their 2022 FRP unprotected.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#22 » by Coxy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:27 am

MintFresh wrote:I want Edwards but he's probably going to be the number one pick. I don't know about Wiseman. I have a feeling he could end up being a glorified DeAndre Jordan

Dream scenario (besides Giannis) would be to package 2nd pick + players/picks for a disgruntled Embiid

Watch more of Wiseman. He looks more Chris Bosh than DeAndre Jordan.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#23 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:28 am

jamesnamida wrote:Wiseman,
ball has flashes of brilliance but is just too inefficient And undisciplined.
Edwards Is a terrible 3 point shooter, I just don’t see a high ceiling In today’s game,but he has a high floor and can contribute fastest.

Or just package the number 2 pick and Wiggins or draymond for someone. YuP im in the trade draymond camp If a great deal arises, his best days are behind him imo.

Yeah. But we can be sure that Warriors are going to get a long hard look at Wiseman. If they end up picking him it's because he's worth it.

But IF Warriors could get a Beal for Wiggins and the Pick....And that has a pretty high chance of being taken by Wizards IMO.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#24 » by bay2hk » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:29 am

We need to get Ball. He has the most potential in this draft, and more experience than Edwards or Wiseman. Edwards has low bb IQ and his interview tonight - "...I had a lot of bad games" - confirms that. The splash brothers will mentor and make Ball the greatest splash son in Warriors history.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#25 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:32 am

Coxy wrote:
MintFresh wrote:I want Edwards but he's probably going to be the number one pick. I don't know about Wiseman. I have a feeling he could end up being a glorified DeAndre Jordan

Dream scenario (besides Giannis) would be to package 2nd pick + players/picks for a disgruntled Embiid

Yeah, all of the advanced stats favor Wiseman over Edwards. It's not close either.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#26 » by Jay 20 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:33 am

I say trade the pick for a proven player. I'm not even expecting a superstar. Go get some great depth and recreate to the best of our ability the Strength in Numbers squad. We need a Bogut type center in our system and that isn't Wiseman to my knowledge. Even Zaza was a solid passer.

I hate to say it, but I don't think our window is 5 or 6 years. It is 2 or 3. Get a proven NBA talent.

Also when was the last time Wiseman actually played a game of basketball?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#27 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:34 am

bay2hk wrote:We need to get Ball. He has the most potential in this draft, and more experience than Edwards or Wiseman. Edwards has low bb IQ and his interview tonight - "...I had a lot of bad games" - confirms that. The splash brothers will mentor and make Ball the greatest splash son in Warriors history.

Is this Lavar?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#28 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:39 am

I can't imagine the Wolves taking Wiseman and having two centers to build around. I guess that means we get Wiseman unless the Wolves package contracts for vets and trade out.

I don't think I would want anyone on the Knicks roster.

I think we are too high up to package with the TPE now. Just take Wiseman and call it a day.
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#29 » by bay2hk » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:41 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bay2hk wrote:We need to get Ball. He has the most potential in this draft, and more experience than Edwards or Wiseman. Edwards has low bb IQ and his interview tonight - "...I had a lot of bad games" - confirms that. The splash brothers will mentor and make Ball the greatest splash son in Warriors history.

Is this Lavar?

Seriously though. Edwards has Anthony Randolph written all over him. You can't fix low basketball IQ. Wiseman is injury prone and unproven. Ball is the best choice in this year's draft based on his professional experience and potential.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#30 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:41 am

Biggest fear? Wiseman = Hasheem Thabeet with regards to being drafted high.. with a high-bust potential without that many college games under his belt and unknown work ethic.

As long as he has the intangibles (e.g., desire to get better every day, desire to win, desire to shut his man down, etc.), we go ALL-IN on him.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#31 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:42 am

DAWill1128 wrote:I can't imagine the Wolves taking Wiseman and having two centers to build around. I guess that means we get Wiseman unless the Wolves package contracts for vets and trade out.

I don't think I would want anyone on the Knicks roster.

I think we are too high up to package with the TPE now. Just take Wiseman and call it a day.

I don't think we don't have to use the full TPE ($17.1 mil). We can probably get someone of quality who knows this ball club is gonna go on a serious post-season run next season.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#32 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:43 am

bay2hk wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Is this Lavar?

Seriously though. Edwards has Anthony Randolph written all over him. You can't fix low basketball IQ. Wiseman is injury prone and unproven. Ball is the best choice in this year's draft based on his professional experience and potential.

Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#33 » by Jay 20 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:44 am

I need to watch more highlights of Wiseman, but my concern is that he played 3 college games. Two of those games were against South Carolina State and UIC (University of Illinois at Chicago).

Game experience is huge for young players. He doesn't have much. So best case scenario it takes him what? 3 or 4 years to develop? Does anyone really expect him to be a starting center for a championship caliber team next season? I'm genuinely asking. I'll admit I have to see more film on him, but on the surface I have some concerns.
MintFresh
Junior
And1: 195

Post#34 » by MintFresh » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:50 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Yeah, all of the advanced stats favor Wiseman over Edwards. It's not close either.

Whats so hard about scouting wiseman is that there's no tape on him versus better quality players sadly
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#35 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:53 am

HiRez wrote:Even though I hope they just take Wiseman, NYK dropping down might mean they're more motivated to deal to move up to #2. Swap picks with them this year, still get a good player, get their FRP next year, which will be high, because they're the Knicks.

Knicks:
GSW 2020 #2
GSW 2021 2RP (we have ours plus Toronto's)

Warriors:
NYK 2020 #8 (Okoro, Okongwu, Toppin, Vassel, etc.)
NYK 2021 1RP (they also have Dallas' 1RP)

Then we have probably a good rookie this year, plus 2 likely medium to high lotto picks next year in a strong draft, that we can either use or package to trade.

Bro we are moving from 2-8. I don't care how underwhelming the draft is that is just a terrible offer. Knicks need to give us 2 extra 1st round picks (clippers 2020 #27 and DAL 1st 21)
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#36 » by BayWarrior » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:55 am

Unless there is a deal to make with Philly for Simmons or Embid, then stay on the board and draft Wiseman.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#37 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:56 am

Jay 20 wrote:I need to watch more highlights of Wiseman, but my concern is that he played 3 college games. Two of those games were against South Carolina State and UIC (University of Illinois at Chicago).

Game experience is huge for young players. He doesn't have much. So best case scenario it takes him what? 3 or 4 years to develop? Does anyone really expect him to be a starting center for a championship caliber team next season? I'm genuinely asking. I'll admit I have to see more film on him, but on the surface I have some concerns.

Wiseman doesn't have to start, Chriss can start. What quality starting center could they get by trading down? None, as far as I can see. Wiseman can break in gradually, play 20 minutes a game or so, and learn. It's rare for a rookie center to come right in, start, and make a difference. Wiseman has the best future of anyone in the draft, as far as I can see.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#38 » by Little Digger » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:57 am

I want Cam Reddish and an unprotected 2022 pick from the Hawks
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#39 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:57 am

BayWarrior wrote:Unless there is a deal to make with Philly for Simmons or Embid, then stay on the board and draft Wiseman.

About a month or so ago, the Philly board wanted me crucified for dangling Wiggins + this year's draft pick + Minny's 2021 FRP for Simmons or Embiid to start off (Just to get feelers)... Wonder how they feel now?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#40 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:59 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
BayWarrior wrote:Unless there is a deal to make with Philly for Simmons or Embid, then stay on the board and draft Wiseman.

About a month or so ago, the Philly board wanted me crucified for dangling Wiggins + this year's draft pick + Minny's 2021 FRP for Simmons or Embiid to start off (Just to get feelers)... Wonder how they feel now?

I wouldn't do it if I were the Warriors.

Return to Golden State Warriors