Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Re: Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package 

Post#101 » by sjballer03 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:15 am

Coxy wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:Contrary to what fans of other teams keep saying Wiggins has value. There just aren't that many quality wings with potential that are likely to be available.

Haven't you heard? Wiggins is the worst player that has ever played in the NBA, apparently. If he were paid $1 mill per year, that opinion wouldn't change either, he is hot garbage and should retire to teach knitting at old folks homes.

The way people talk about Wiggins you would think they'd rather have DLo and NO minny 2021 1st round pick. :crazy:
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#102 » by The Maestro » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:44 am

sjballer03 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:Contrary to what fans of other teams keep saying Wiggins has value. There just aren't that many quality wings with potential that are likely to be available.

Haven't you heard? Wiggins is the worst player that has ever played in the NBA, apparently. If he were paid $1 mill per year, that opinion wouldn't change either, he is hot garbage and should retire to teach knitting at old folks homes.

The way people talk about Wiggins you would think they'd rather have DLo and NO minny 2021 1st round pick. :crazy:

I think they’d have a better chance right now at Simmons if they still had Dlo.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#103 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:05 am

The Maestro wrote:
marthafokker wrote:GSW don't care about Wiggins salary, remember? So why are fans so up against GSW spending money?

I think Lacob absolutely cares about Wiggins salary and I think they’ll try to dump him after the season. Now, they won’t dump for just anything and they’ll keep him if they have to but I think they would prefer to move him.

Despite everything ownership, management, and coaching has said people still think the Warriors are straight up trying to cut salary regardless of the return.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:06 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:Tim Hardaway often had a flat shot. Every time he hit one I would cringe because they kept trying to get him to get the shot up and he ran off of confidence so any time a "bad" shot hit it reinforced his bad habits.

He also notoriously shot a knuckleball heh... Good ole Tim Bug.

He shot off of his palm. He shot his team out of games many times, but he was awesome when he was on.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#105 » by B-King » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 pm

The Maestro wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Yes, but ownership wanted out of paying the repeater tax on a crap year.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#106 » by The Maestro » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:42 pm

B-King wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:

No doubt that was a big deal. To be honest if it wasn’t for the repeater tax I think they don’t do the deal and now they wish they didn’t. I think they could get a deal done for Dlo, 2 for Simmons. Phily needs a pg that can shoot and Dlo is a much better fit next to Embiid. Curry, Klay, Simmons, Dray would be a monster core 4. They’d have everything. Oh well.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#107 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:05 pm

The Maestro wrote:
B-King wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

No doubt that was a big deal. To be honest if it wasn’t for the repeater tax I think they don’t do the deal and now they wish they didn’t. I think they could get a deal done for Dlo, 2 for Simmons. Phily needs a pg that can shoot and Dlo is a much better fit next to Embiid. Curry, Klay, Simmons, Dray would be a monster core 4. They’d have everything. Oh well.

This is the problem I was talking about. Short-sighted decisions. We didn't need to take Wiggins, but we did. Now we are stuck with Wiggins. Best thing to do is try and salvage his value this coming season. Try and make him enter all defensive team or something
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#108 » by xdrta+ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:20 am

ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
B-King wrote:

This is the problem I was talking about. Short-sighted decisions. We didn't need to take Wiggins, but we did. Now we are stuck with Wiggins. Best thing to do is try and salvage his value this coming season. Try and make him enter all defensive team or something

Better to be stuck with Wiggins than with DLo. No one but Minny was going to take DLo, and he was useless to the Warriors. Even if no one wants Wiggins he could turn out to be very useful for the Warriors. Plus there's that 1st round '21 pick from Minnesota.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#109 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:24 am

xdrta+ wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

Better to be stuck with Wiggins than with DLo. No one but Minny was going to take DLo, and he was useless to the Warriors. Even if no one wants Wiggins he could turn out to be very useful for the Warriors. Plus there's that 1st round '21 pick from Minnesota.

Yep. This.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:23 pm

The Maestro wrote:
B-King wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

Getting under the tax just makes sense and I don't think it cost the team much to do it. I'd MUCH rather have Wiggins and Minny's 1st than DLo.

I don't think Simmons is available, and I'm not sold that Simmons is far better than Wiggins for the Warriors. Still to be seen.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:27 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

Bingo. And if it wasn't for Corona we'd have a lot more info on Wiggins right now.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#112 » by sjballer03 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:30 am

The Maestro wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

It's not a sure thing that Philly wants to break up their duo. Can't wait around for that. Getting the trade out of the way kept them out of luxury tax penalties as well.
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#113 » by nismolos » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:45 am

Oh geez. We haven't even seen Wiggins play with our full roster yet. He is poised to have his best year ever which would shoot his value up and take a year off his contract. Maybe its the homer in me but I think we have the pieces to win a title next year with a couple of key bench signings. Not that impressed with any other team in league right now to be tbh.

But if this year is our only opportunity to land Giannis... I guess I wouldnt be too upset. Despite the reputation, Wiggins looks smooth to me. Much better than Harrison Barnes and more ability on D with those long arms. HB had little trex arms.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#114 » by marthafokker » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:08 am

I am almost sold on playing one game with Curry only (more like 2/3 game and out of shape one). GSW was in it with the champs until Curry got bench.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#115 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:36 am

ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
B-King wrote:

Salvage his value? We want him to play well so we can win a championship. He's a long, athletic, multi-skilled SF and that's our ideal SF. If he blossoms into the player the FO, Steve Kerr and Ron Adams thinks he's going to be we're not trading him.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#116 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:36 am

Maybe Wiggins is crap this whole time because, well, he was in MINNE-FREAKING-SOTA?

I ain't saying he'll ever be an superstar (Maybe just an average starter), but I think he'll flourish in our system as everyone is held accountable. Kerr's job is to unlock his defensive potential, and I've seen glimpse of his potential in a couple of the 12 games or so this season.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#117 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Maybe Wiggins is crap this whole time because, well, he was in MINNE-FREAKING-SOTA?

I ain't saying he'll ever be an superstar (Maybe just an average starter), but I think he'll flourish in our system as everyone is held accountable. Kerr's job is to unlock his defensive potential, and I've seen glimpse of his potential in a couple of the 12 games or so this season.

Can't wait. If Warriors can't run Wiggins in Giannis in a trade, I WANT THEM TO KEEP HIM.

Keep Wiggins, Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green .... the ball will be flying around...Wiggins will be feasting with open lanes.

Now that means we keep our pick....trade down to get 4 and take Deni and some additional player or future pick.

curry, klay, deni, wiggins, green (center spot barely exists folks...).
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:13 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Maybe Wiggins is crap this whole time because, well, he was in MINNE-FREAKING-SOTA?

Can't wait. If Warriors can't run Wiggins in Giannis in a trade, I WANT THEM TO KEEP HIM.

Keep Wiggins, Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green .... the ball will be flying around...Wiggins will be feasting with open lanes.

Now that means we keep our pick....trade down to get 4 and take Deni and some additional player or future pick.

curry, klay, deni, wiggins, green (center spot barely exists folks...).

Still need to find a functional 7(ish) footer for defending the few lumbering offensive bigs left, and everyone on the team is going to have to crash the boards.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#119 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:28 pm

As long as we have a center that can start games, we can finish games with a LoD with Dray at center. Who is the 5th Beatle in our LoD? I think Paschall has a chance. Let's see how his defense evolves this summer but I like him, Wiggins and Dray as our frontcourt. I hope we draft a small forward, someone like Williams, Saddiq Bey or Avdija, who can give us a little more length behind Wiggins than we can probably get through trade or FA.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#120 » by jason bourne » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:52 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
marthafokker wrote:GSW don't care about Wiggins salary, remember? So why are fans so up against GSW spending money?

I think Lacob absolutely cares about Wiggins salary and I think they’ll try to dump him after the season. Now, they won’t dump for just anything and they’ll keep him if they have to but I think they would prefer to move him.

Despite everything ownership, management, and coaching has said people still think the Warriors are straight up trying to cut salary regardless of the return.

Got a link? Is that what they said? And afterward they denied it?

I just read the part where they denied it, but if they're not making money by holding events at Chase, then...???!!!???!!!
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage

Return to Golden State Warriors