ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Re: Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package 

Post#21 » by HiRez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:51 pm

Yeah, I'd probably say no to Beal (don't like trades that take Klay out of position). I like guys like Butler and Donovan Mitchell if they become available, but for the same reason I probably wouldn't do it. Gordon only if he doesn't come at a steep cost. Embiid I wouldn't say no to but I wouldn't empty the warchest for him. Simmons I'm on the fence about, I think he'd be worth a fairly big package.

Giannis is really the only guy I'd give away most/all of our assets for but trading Klay is probably a step too far.

Would be hilarious and satisfying if the Lakers get bounced, we find some way to get AD (very unlikely I know), then win a chip with him.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#22 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:51 pm

Funny because during the season I was imagining GSW having a package of D-Lo and the #1 pick to dangle around in trade talks this offseason. Turns out that's the same exact package Minnesota has now.

I think D-Lo + the #1 would be proposed to Philly for Simmons, but if Philly were to try to trade Embiid then we don't have to worry with competing with Minnesota in trade talks since they don't need a C.

James Wiseman would be the perfect replacement for Embiid, :D and Philly would also get another player in Wiggins, and maybe even the 2021 Minny pick.

Embiid gets to play with Steph. Both Under Armour signature athletes.

PG: Steph Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: ???
PF: Draymond Green
C: Joel Embiid
#DubNation
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#23 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:52 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:I, and I think the Warriors, value Wiggins more than most. I also don't value Embiid the way many seem to.

Some of these huge trades people are proposing seem to be wildly overpaying to get Embiid.

Wiggins is perfect for the Warriors. Instant 16-19ppg, young & athletic, not injury prone.

I’d rather go for depth and high level role players than an injury prone Center. Embiid is nice but I don’t feel good about him making it to the NBA Finals.

Though I'm looking for trade scenarios, I think I'll be okay with Wiggins (Seems like we can't be as creative because of the anchor of a contract.). We have yet to see a full squad with him fully integrated into the gameplan. We should just roll the dice and stay put.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#24 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:54 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:Funny because during the season I was imagining GSW having a package of D-Lo and the #1 pick to dangle around in trade talks this offseason. Turns out that's the same exact package Minnesota has now.

I think D-Lo + the #1 would be proposed to Philly for Simmons, but if Philly were to try to trade Embiid then we don't have to worry with competing with Minnesota since they don't need a C.

James Wiseman would be the perfect replacement for Embiid, :D and Philly would also get another player in Wiggins, and maybe even the 2021 Minny pick.

Was on Minny's board a few weeks ago. They won't bite on the deal. Since Tobias Harris' contract needs to come off the books for them, too.. it's pretty insane on their end. So, 3rd team will need to be involved. Philly's love for both Simmons and Embiid will be the death of them.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#25 » by HiRez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:59 pm

If we're trading away Wiggins (and I'm not saying he has to go), we'd better be getting someone who can play SF and D up the big SFs in the league, specifically LeBron. That means Giannis, Simmons, etc.. Or we draft a player who could do that, one reason I have Okoro high on my draft board (not sure who's in next year's draft yet).
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#26 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:05 pm

HiRez wrote:If we're trading away Wiggins (and I'm not saying he has to go), we'd better be getting someone who can play SF and D up the big SFs in the league, specifically LeBron. That means Giannis, Simmons, etc.. Or we draft a player who could do that, one reason I have Okoro high on my draft board (not sure who's in next year's draft yet).

I would think using our TPE on James Johnson to absorb his contract would be ideal. He's a rugged player on defense (Dude's got a black belt in tae kwon do, so no one messin' with him, haha) and can attack the rim on bigger players than him. But, makes me question how Paschall fits in what we're trying to do. Is he just only going to be a scorer?

I'd say we can move a few pieces this offseason (Chriss and/or Looney) for an early 2nd round pick or mid-2nd round pick to fill out some glaring holes in our bench?
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#27 » by Phase 3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:08 pm

Spencer Dinwiddie threw out the possibility of the Warriors trading the 2nd pick to the Sixers for one of their stars.

Obviously Embiid is a stud. But is anyone else concerned with how he’d fit here? He’s not an uptempo player at all...and that’s how the Warriors love to play.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#28 » by cdubbz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
I think D-Lo + the #1 would be proposed to Philly for Simmons.

Philly could have a wild team if they trade Simmons & Embiid lol.

PG: Lamelo Ball
SG: Dlo
SF: Wiggins
PF: Tobias Harris
C: Wiseman
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#29 » by SAKURABA216 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:41 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:I, and I think the Warriors, value Wiggins more than most. I also don't value Embiid the way many seem to.

Some of these huge trades people are proposing seem to be wildly overpaying to get Embiid.

Wiggins is perfect for the Warriors. Instant 16-19ppg, young & athletic, not injury prone.

I’d rather go for depth and high level role players than an injury prone Center. Embiid is nice but I don’t feel good about him making it to the NBA Finals.

Though I'm looking for trade scenarios, I think I'll be okay with Wiggins (Seems like we can't be as creative because of the anchor of a contract.). We have yet to see a full squad with him fully integrated into the gameplan. We should just roll the dice and stay put.

I saw WIggins play for the Dubs about a week or 2 before the season was cancelled. I think it was the game right after Steph returned for 1 night. Anyways, Wiggins was completely invisible despite playing for most of the game. He is so passive and looked like just another guy out there. Some dude named Toscano even outperformed him and he looked like he came straight from the G-league. The point is that Wiggins is trash. If the Dubs didn't like what they saw in D-Lo they sure as hell didn't like what Wiggins showed them he was capable of. At least D-Lo wanted to win games. Wiggins will be a huge disappointment with a full squad and they should ship him out with the #2 pick before the value of both come down.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#30 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:49 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

I think that's the 'problem'. To move a Wiseman...or Obi Topin...Deni...whatever high potential cheap talent AND Wiggins...Warriors have to see an obvious upgrade. Giannis....AD...those are the only players that might be on the market that are obvious IMO when you consider fit...defensive skills.

Wiggins is an extremely good fit for this team. Upgrade from Barnes...only 25. This is a chance that he blossoms on this team.

Only other reason to move Wiggins and pick is to get under the cap...which means it would be a talent dump without replacing that talent?

I love trade talk...but unless it's AD, Embid, Giannis I don't see the Warriors getting better overall with a move.

And if they trade Wiggins to get under the cap, they have to send out other contracts too, and then there was little reason to trade for DLo in the first place.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#31 » by ahmetmekin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:54 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
I saw WIggins play for the Dubs about a week or 2 before the season was cancelled. I think it was the game right after Steph returned for 1 night. Anyways, Wiggins was completely invisible despite playing for most of the game. He is so passive and looked like just another guy out there. Some dude named Toscano even outperformed him and he looked like he came straight from the G-league. The point is that Wiggins is trash. If the Dubs didn't like what they saw in D-Lo they sure as hell didn't like what Wiggins showed them he was capable of. At least D-Lo wanted to win games. Wiggins will be a huge disappointment with a full squad and they should ship him out with the #2 pick before the value of both come down.

GSW Wiggins looked better than GSW D-Lo. D-Lo was a terrible fit, in terms of the roster and the style of play.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#32 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I’m already getting trade fatigue

Need to build up your stamina, you have a couple more months to get through. I'm with you, though. Grab Wiseman and forget it.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#33 » by HiRez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Phase 3 wrote:Spencer Dinwiddie threw out the possibility of the Warriors trading the 2nd pick to the Sixers for one of their stars.

Obviously Embiid is a stud. But is anyone else concerned with how he’d fit here? He’s not an uptempo player at all...and that’s how the Warriors love to play.

Yeah, I am concerned about that. I loved Embiid on my fantasy team but don’t know that I like him on the Warriors. We don’t need another guy getting into Twitter feuds with every guy he goes up against, for one thing. He’s also a guy who will probably demand the ball a lot and I don’t like anyone not named Giannis taking a lot of shots away from Steph & Klay. Would rather have Simmons if they decide to break it up, the passing vision between Simmons, Steph, and Draymond would be ridiculous. Kerr likes the ball moving and it would be moving a lot. Also Simmons can legit guard/switch 1-4 and even small 5, Embiid cannot.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#34 » by Old_Blue » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:26 pm

I see Wiggins as dead weight. I'd be okay with Wiggins and our #2 and #48 picks for Batum, Charlotte's #3 and #32 picks and a future swap of first rounders.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#35 » by vagelis » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:51 pm

Curry, Thompson, Wiggins, Wiseman is a core with a lot of talent that can compete for the title imo.
I see a lot of upside in Wiseman. A fast and athletic 7 footer comes not every year in the draft.
I think that Warriors should try it before any trade.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#36 » by The Maestro » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:01 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:

That Sixers team is awful.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#37 » by cdubbz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:05 pm

The Maestro wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:

That Sixers team is awful.

Exactly. A wild team lol. They’re not going to do all that though.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#38 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:03 am

cdubbz wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:

If by wild you mean "no defense", then yes.
Terrible lineup.

Wiggins is an average player (at best) with a terrible contract.
I still don't understand why Bob didn't get Covington from Minny and was left with Wiggins.
Basically Minny paid us a first round pick to unload Wiggins' contract and got D'Lo for free. Terrible deal.
It's crazy we also gave a pick to Memphis and Iguodala to clear cap space for D'Lo juat to unload him for free after a few months.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#39 » by HiRez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:16 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:Basically Minny paid us a first round pick to unload Wiggins' contract and got D'Lo for free. Terrible deal.
It's crazy we also gave a pick to Memphis and Iguodala to clear cap space for D'Lo juat to unload him for free after a few months.

That Minny pick is a likely top 15 or even top 10 pick in what’s projected to be a loaded draft, it’s a huge asset that opens up a lot of possibilities for us. The jury is still out on the whole series of transactions and we don’t know the final result yet.
steveshikadance
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#40 » by steveshikadance » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:13 am

HiRez wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:Basically Minny paid us a first round pick to unload Wiggins' contract and got D'Lo for free. Terrible deal.

That Minny pick is a likely top 15 or even top 10 pick in what’s projected to be a loaded draft, it’s a huge asset that opens up a lot of possibilities for us. The jury is still out on the whole series of transactions and we don’t know the final result yet.

it's funny to see ppl overvalue DLo so much, guy has been traded 3 times and played for 4 teams in 5 seasons, there is obviously a reason for that, teams didn't want him, Wolves wanted him becuz KAT is friends with him.

Return to Golden State Warriors