Andrew Wiggins one of Warriors' 'core four' players, Bob Myers says

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,875

Re: Andrew Wiggins one of Warriors' 'core four' players, Bob Myers says 

Post#101 » by Hoopstar23 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:01 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:I can really see Paul George becoming available right now... if you had to do it... Wiggins, #2, Looney for George and Mann?? would you guys do it?

He cost them a TON. They are not going to be able to move him for a deal they want to take.

problem is his contract is shorter... he can become an expiring... and I think the said deal is more than enough for a 1 year rental
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#102 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:18 am

Hoopstar23 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:I can really see Paul George becoming available right now... if you had to do it... Wiggins, #2, Looney for George and Mann?? would you guys do it?

He cost them a TON. They are not going to be able to move him for a deal they want to take.

problem is his contract is shorter... he can become an expiring... and I think the said deal is more than enough for a 1 year rental

The Clippers sold their future to get PG, they are not going to let him go.
Hoopstar23
Veteran

Post#103 » by Hoopstar23 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:48 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

they should gauge the market and look into moving him for some pieces because as constructed... looking at the Western Conference next year....

Lakers
Nuggets
Warriors
Mavericks
Clippers
Jazz
Rockets
OKC* depending on direction they are willing to take
Grizzlies/Pelicans/Blazers/Suns

teams like the Mavericks, Nuggets, Grizzlies etc should be much better and the Warriors comeback return... you can make the argument 10 teams are all playoff caliber teams... can easily see the Clippers not being a top 4 team especially if they don't make any upgrades....which is a likely scenario... another argument can be made that their peak maybe a second round team... when its title or bust... If i am the Clippers i would try to trade Paul George for as much as i can... no sensible team is going to give up the farm for him when hes is a 1 year rental.... teams like the Warriors fit the bill as i think would think George would resign here....and he would be on a title team... in Cali.... Clippers need to start thinking of the future cause if they are the 4th seed in the playoffs next year and you have to face Lakers or Nuggets in second round and you lose again!... you lose both George and Lenoard and have no assets or picks to start rebuilding... they would be worse than the early 2000s Owakandi clippers lol

IMO this situation actually has some legs...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:09 pm

Hoopstar23 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:

they should gauge the market and look into moving him for some pieces because as constructed... looking at the Western Conference next year....

Lakers
Nuggets
Warriors
Mavericks
Clippers
Jazz
Rockets

teams like the Mavericks, Nuggets, Grizzlies etc should be much better and the Warriors comeback return... you can make the argument 10 teams are all playoff caliber teams... can easily see the Clippers not being a top 4 team especially if they don't make any upgrades....which is a likely scenario... another argument can be made that their peak maybe a second round team... when its title or bust... If i am the Clippers i would try to trade Paul George for as much as i can... no sensible team is going to give up the farm for him when hes is a 1 year rental.... teams like the Warriors fit the bill as i think would think George would resign here....and he would be on a title team... in Cali.... Clippers need to start thinking of the future cause if they are the 4th seed in the playoffs next year and you have to face Lakers or Nuggets in second round and you lose again!... you lose both George and Lenoard and have no assets or picks to start rebuilding... they would be worse than the early 2000s Owakandi clippers lol

The Clippers maybe should move PG but they are not going to do it.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#105 » by TinoDubs » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Lakers
Nuggets
Warriors
Mavericks
Clippers
Jazz
Rockets

PG13 is a 35M man next year. How can you trade him? What kind of asset would you get to support Kawhi?
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#106 » by ahmetmekin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:26 pm

I guess this will not age well.
Hoopstar23
Veteran

Post#107 » by Hoopstar23 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:45 pm

TinoDubs wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:

Lakers
Nuggets
Warriors
Mavericks
Clippers
Jazz
Rockets

PG13 is a 35M man next year. How can you trade him? What kind of asset would you get to support Kawhi?

Kawhi is your best player... you have to try to get most assets from players that can yield you something back... since PG is on a 1 year deal... hes considered as a rental... theres some teams out there that have contracts that can match PG's... you get pieces such as wiggins and this year draft pick, and you can probably add the minny 21 pick only if PG signs extension... the trade is made to get some return for PG so even if Kawhi leaves and hes has 1 year left on his contract.... you can have a head start on the rebuilding phase... instead of losing both you have something to work with post PG and Kawhi... because the risk is way too high for both leaving if they dont win...its not a lock that the Clippers get to the conference finals next year...once you understand the gravity of this situation... the way they lost..really puts the Clippers in a really really tough spot... how they gonna upgrade the team? with what assets? what draft picks? and even if they get minor upgrades is it truly enough to beat the top teams in the west? let alone win the title??
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Hoopstar23 wrote:
TinoDubs wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Kawhi is your best player... you have to try to get most assets from players that can yield you something back... since PG is on a 1 year deal... hes considered as a rental... theres some teams out there that have contracts that can match PG's... you get pieces such as wiggins and this year draft pick, and you can probably add the minny 21 pick only if PG signs extension... the trade is made to get some return for PG so even if Kawhi leaves and hes has 1 year left on his contract.... you can have a head start on the rebuilding phase... instead of losing both you have something to work with post PG and Kawhi... because the risk is way too high for both leaving if they dont win...its not a lock that the Clippers get to the conference finals next year...once you understand the gravity of this situation... the way they lost..really puts the Clippers in a really really tough spot... how they gonna upgrade the team? with what assets? what draft picks? and even if they get minor upgrades is it truly enough to beat the top teams in the west? let alone win the title??

The problem is that they can't trade PG after what they spent on him.

He cost them 6 first round picks (including SGA), Gallinari, and two more future FRP pick swaps. They specifically traded away their future to get him. No matter what they do they can't get close to that value back in a trade, particularly in this depressed market.

They really can't afford to move PG.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#109 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:50 am

Jimmy Butler when interviewed accused some of the Wolves teammates of not wanting it to be all about winning. Makes me worry slightly that he's talking about Wiggins :( But hopefully it's KAT :)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#110 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:52 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Jimmy Butler when interviewed accused some of the Wolves teammates of not wanting it to be all about winning. Makes me worry slightly that he's talking about Wiggins :( But hopefully it's KAT :)

It was a direct shot at Wiggins and KAT, so Draymond may have a melt down at some point if he thinks Wiggins is gliding.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,258

Post#111 » by Onus » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:01 am

Mylie10 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Jimmy Butler when interviewed accused some of the Wolves teammates of not wanting it to be all about winning. Makes me worry slightly that he's talking about Wiggins :( But hopefully it's KAT :)

It was a direct shot at Wiggins and KAT, so Draymond may have a melt down at some point if he thinks Wiggins is gliding.

Competitive fire is such an underrated part of scouting prospects. That’s why Edwards is so scary.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#112 » by cpower » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:08 am

WarriorGM wrote:

George's weakness is his tendency to disappear when you really need it. At this point you're better off with Wiggins who doesn't have that history.

PG's offense is not great but he is a much better 3 point shooter...and much better defender. He does not need to score iso on this team, and he will solve our 3 point shooting and defense issue. wiggins over PG? come on now....
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#113 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:18 am

Onus wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Competitive fire is such an underrated part of scouting prospects. That’s why Edwards is so scary.

Edwards doesn’t glide..He plays the game like that big rock in your backyard..He just stands in one spot and watches others go for rebounds ect
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#114 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:47 am

Mylie10 wrote:

It was a shot at kat. It was reported that wiggs was the only one that didnt back down. Wiggs and butler are still good. Kat and jimmy dont talk.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#115 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am

Wiggs problems have been the same forever.

Challenge him: he'll go off.
Big game: he shows up.
Big match up with any star wing: he shows up.

A normal game? Roll the dice.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#116 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:50 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Wiggs problems have been the same forever.

Challenge him: he'll go off.
Big game: he shows up.
Big match up with any star wing: he shows up.

A normal game? Roll the dice.
that’s exactly how I’d describe Draymond
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#117 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

It was a shot at kat. It was reported that wiggs was the only one that didnt back down. Wiggs and butler are still good. Kat and jimmy dont talk.

If true, thanks for the info
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#118 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

This says, in Jimmys own words, that it’s a shot at Wiggins and KAT!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2800185-jimmy-butler-reportedly-insulted-karl-anthony-towns-andrew-wiggins-they-soft.amp.html

Now show me where you got your info.
Khoee wrote “
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,870

Post#119 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

This says, in Jimmys own words, that it’s a shot at Wiggins and KAT!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2800185-jimmy-butler-reportedly-insulted-karl-anthony-towns-andrew-wiggins-they-soft.amp.html

Now show me where you got your info.

Butler was pissed because Town and Wiggins got paid and he didn't. He did take a shot and challenged both of those guys but has since come around on Wiggins. https://clutchpoints.com/timberwolves-video-former-t-wolves-teammates-jimmy-butler-andrew-wiggins-appear-to-be-on-good-terms/
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#120 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:33 pm

Actually Andrew got back in his good graces because Andrews brother is a tool. And what his brother wrote, most likely came from Andrew.

The quote from Andrews brother was, “HALLELUJAH “ when hearing that Jimmy wanted out.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors