ImageImageImageImageImage

CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 2,020
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#1 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm

The Joker and Murray now own Kawhi and the Clips
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 410
And1: 72
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#2 » by ShayDee » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:31 pm

It's mainly Jokic. Clippers literally have no answer for him. Highly skilled offensive Centers are the future of the league. This has cemented my draft Wiseman above everyone in this nonsense draft

No matter how much perimeter defense, Wings blah blah blah you throw it doesn't matter
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 2,020
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#3 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Over on the Clippers board it’s a *let’s use Doc as the scapegoat* sh*tfest


Kind of reminds of every other board on real GM ...
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ahmetmekin
Junior
Posts: 277
And1: 181
Joined: Apr 21, 2018
 

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#4 » by ahmetmekin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:09 pm

I genuinely hate the Clippers and hope that they are humiliated next game but I still consider them 60/40 favorites because I don't trust the refs.
GQ Hot Dog
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,770
And1: 3,784
Joined: May 15, 2006
Location: On the road...
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#5 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:30 pm

ShayDee wrote:It's mainly Jokic. Clippers literally have no answer for him. Highly skilled offensive Centers are the future of the league. This has cemented my draft Wiseman above everyone in this nonsense draft

No matter how much perimeter defense, Wings blah blah blah you throw it doesn't matter


You want to draft Wiseman because you just got wowed by Jokic? Pardon me but that's asinine.

You said in another thread you wanted to draft him and "turn him into an offensive high IQ God."

That is not how it works. Jokic is who he is because of the childhood years spent playing like a hot dog point guard before growing into a centers body.

You've seen how Wiseman plays. He's a long-striding, full court athlete who got badly outplayed most recently by Evan Mobley(whom I would love to draft with the TWolves pick next year).
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 410
And1: 72
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#6 » by ShayDee » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:36 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
ShayDee wrote:It's mainly Jokic. Clippers literally have no answer for him. Highly skilled offensive Centers are the future of the league. This has cemented my draft Wiseman above everyone in this nonsense draft

No matter how much perimeter defense, Wings blah blah blah you throw it doesn't matter


You want to draft Wiseman because you just got wowed by Jokic? Pardon me but that's asinine.

You said in another thread you wanted to draft him and "turn him into an offensive high IQ God."

That is not how it works. Jokic is who he is because of the childhood years spent playing like a hot dog point guard before growing into a centers body.

You've seen how Wiseman plays. He's a long-striding, full court athlete who got badly outplayed most recently by Evan Mobley(whom I would love to draft with the TWolves pick next year).


Any reason to take Edwards/Ball ahead of him?
GQ Hot Dog
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,770
And1: 3,784
Joined: May 15, 2006
Location: On the road...
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#7 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Clippers got up big both games and then let their foot off the gas and were never able to find their edge again.

It can be a problem when your best players aren't the emotional leaders of your team. They depend on Beverley and Harrell for that but neither guy was actually able to make an impact on the court. The high fives and hollering only goes so far without tangible impact.

Imagine Draymond as a mediocre defender. Would his fire and passion have as much of an impact or would it fall flat? You gotta back up your bravado and Beverley and Harrell didn't do that today.

I think the tension of a game 7 will get the Clippers to play with a lot more intensity throughout the game and they'll beat Denver pretty handily.
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 2,020
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#8 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:47 pm

If you want a young center ..let’s trade the pick to NY for their unprotected 21 pick...take shot at landing a real #2 overall...not a fake one like we have now.....I want Mobley > Wiseman ...but I love Cade Cunningham ...
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,118
And1: 158
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#9 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:48 pm

Wiggins + #2 + Wolves 2021 protected 1st round pick for PG13 + Beverly!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Image

Curry/Beverly/Poole
Thompson/Lee
PG/Tuscano
Green/Paschall
Chriss/Looney/Smiley
HiRez
General Manager
Posts: 9,166
And1: 1,905
Joined: Dec 29, 2011

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#10 » by HiRez » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:36 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:You've seen how Wiseman plays. He's a long-striding, full court athlete who got badly outplayed most recently by Evan Mobley(whom I would love to draft with the TWolves pick next year).

Most recently being over a year and a half ago, sure. You keep cherry-picking one bad game from Wiseman from that long ago when he was still 17 years old like it's the definitive word on his career, it's ridiculous. A bad game where he still put up 17 points, 8 boards, and 4 blocks by the way. That's not a knock on Mobley, I think he's really good and an intriguing player, but to say 1 game defines Wiseman and ignore the rest of his career is illogical.
User avatar
whatisacenter
Veteran
Posts: 2,805
And1: 3,961
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#11 » by whatisacenter » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 pm

It's going to be so embarrassing for the LA that doesn't win a title this season. I'm hoping neither one wins it and they wasted a year without having to face the dubs in the West.
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 2,020
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#12 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:53 pm

whatisacenter wrote:It's going to be so embarrassing for the LA that doesn't win a title this season. I'm hoping neither one wins it and they wasted a year without having to face the dubs in the West.
I have the Lakers as the favorites..Denver will beat LAC..and I cash a 50 to 1 ticket if the Heat win it all..


I want to lay off my bet ..but I need the right setup

#miamistrong
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 2,020
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#13 » by Little Digger » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:39 am

I just bet the Nuggets + 7
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 8,360
And1: 1,428
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#14 » by Onus » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:53 am

I feel like taking clippers first half and then nuggets 2nd half
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 2,020
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#15 » by Little Digger » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:58 am

Nikola Joker: "I think the whole pressure is on them"

Clippers traded away their entire future for this
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
GQ Hot Dog
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,770
And1: 3,784
Joined: May 15, 2006
Location: On the road...
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#16 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:00 am

HiRez wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:You've seen how Wiseman plays. He's a long-striding, full court athlete who got badly outplayed most recently by Evan Mobley(whom I would love to draft with the TWolves pick next year).

Most recently being over a year and a half ago, sure. You keep cherry-picking one bad game from Wiseman from that long ago when he was still 17 years old like it's the definitive word on his career, it's ridiculous. A bad game where he still put up 17 points, 8 boards, and 4 blocks by the way. That's not a knock on Mobley, I think he's really good and an intriguing player, but to say 1 game defines Wiseman and ignore the rest of his career is illogical.


What are you referring to when you say "his career"? His 3 college games? The only legit team of the three was Oregon and he was a defensive liability all over the court. Watch the highlights.

Mobley was his best competition, probably the only NBA talent he's ever gone against.

So could Wiseman turn out to be a worthwhile #2 pick? Sure but there's no evidence to suggest he will be. You and everyone else advocating for him are going off his raw physical talent. He wasn't on stage long enough to prove that he belongs on an NBA floor.

Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 2,020
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#17 » by Little Digger » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:09 am

Wiseman is very unimpressive defensively
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,079
And1: 1,400
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#18 » by jason bourne » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:34 am

C'mon. I've been arguing on the GB that the Clippers will beat the Nugz in the 4Q of gm 7. Nugz won't be the ones to ratchet up their defense in the 4Q. The game should be close for three quarters, but the Clips ratchet up their offense and defense and win the game. It' could be by ten points or double digits, but more likley it will be a win by single digits.
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,079
And1: 1,400
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#19 » by jason bourne » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:36 am

Wiseman fans are delusional basing his pick on three college games. His HS career can be disregarded for the NBA unless it's some talent that he has shown and it is a given now.
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
Posts: 143
And1: 38
Joined: Aug 29, 2020

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#20 » by Mav_Carter » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:08 am

Little Digger wrote:The Joker and Murray now own Kawhi and the Clips


That's a ballsy call...I was about to make a huge ML bet on the Clippers until I read this post...I know one thing, the NBA wants LA vs. LA and has already called in Scott Foster for Game 7...

Return to Golden State Warriors