ImageImageImageImageImage

CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#101 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Onus wrote:You are delusional if you think wiseman will be taking nba people off the dribble any time soon. Maybe he improves so much that he becomes giannis like but it’s highly unlikely. Giannis has the ability to get low on his dribbles so that he doesn’t get ripped wiseman is not nearly that agile and won’t be taking people off the dribble as a rookie.


Maybe not, but would be cool if he could and he is one of few 7fters than can actually dribble. Unlike the many that are in the league already. Some few in the league that can dribble, Towns, Jokic, Christain Wood, Davis, Giannis, Vucivic(to an extent), Younger Gasol(cannot do it now), Simmons(even if he is not 7ft). See how rare it is? Only special 7fters can dribble. Even Embiid cannot dribble without turning it over
Warriors Analyst
Veteran
Posts: 2,876
And1: 840
Joined: May 16, 2005

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#102 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
It's hard to read what you're imagining as anything other than an insanely optimistic projection.



In this video, Wiseman tries to go off the dribble at 4:40 and it ends in disaster because he dribbles himself into a double team.

[youtube;t=151s[/youtube]

In this video, Wiseman isn't able to catch the ball trying to seal his man at 1:45 because he bobbles it around with one hand. At 1:55 he takes a terrible fadeaway in the middle of the paint with 24 seconds left on the shot clock. And you're saying he's going to hit midrange shots close to the basket like KD? Come on. KD is one of the greatest midrange shooters of all time. Wiseman is a college kid, which speaks to my point that some of the things you are projecting are so absurd as to not even be worth taking seriously. At 3:20, Wiseman takes a stepback long 2 and gets called for travelling because he didn't take the first shot when it was open. He's not going to be unguardable close to the block. He's going to be a rookie who doesn't have a great feel for the game and tries to do too much when he has the ball in his hands, which is why if he were drafted by the Warriors, he wouldn't play a big role in the offense at all beyond being a lob toy.

Wiseman might be coachable and smart, but it's still going to take him some time to learn how to play at NBA level. Chriss took 4 years to become semi competent and he's pretty sloppy defensively. I will say this though about Chriss, you're wrong when you say he couldn't pass when he showed up to the Warriors. He was making Bogut level passes at the top of the key on dribble hands offs from opening night. I remember that sticking out to me. From a Zach Lowe article:

Golden State often plays through its big men, and it took one practice for Chriss to show he had more passing chops than Warriors brass knew. "We couldn't believe it," Kerr said.


https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29023069/the-luke-walton-all-stars-nine-surprising-players-nba-season


Are we going to forget that this kid is still 19? Are we really going to hyper analyse one game that happen back in November? Are we really not going to expect any sort of improvement in his game? Are we really going to say he is a finished product? Are we really going to say he has not had any sort of NBA training since he left College? Are we really going to listen to any sort of critisism from someone clearly biased against Wiseman in Jonathan Wasserman? You want me to pull up multiple games of Steph and Klay when they were young? In their fresh man year? In their 2nd or 3rd games as college freshmen? You want me to pull of Steph during the Summer league?

I don't know if this will convince you but here is another angle of the game you posted



I am not denying he has work to do. I never said he is already an elite prospect. I'm am saying we cannot pass him up because of what he will bring to this team in comparison to anyone in the top 5. As well as maturity and discipline and willingness to learn and take a back seat behind 3 all time greats. You think the others will take likely to getting minimal touches? Including Deni? I guess they may fall in line, but I believe it will affect Wiseman the least and not affect his game whatsoever and his will to work and improve. It's is just my gut feeling. And I don't know why you keep ignoring the argument I keep bringing up, that coaches limit prospects all the time. You never get to see their full games, I bring up Karl-Anthony Towns, but I don't know why you brushing it off. Who knew what he could do? Who knew about his potential jumpshot? All he did was stick around the basket


Honestly, the highlights don't impress me. I watched them before I even made my thread to see if there was anything intriguing in the video and all I saw was Damian Jones with a more fluid jumpshot. Towns shot 25% from three in college and showed more of a face-up game than Wiseman. Go watch highlights of Towns from college, he was taking face-up jumpers, pull-up J's. He was way more comfortable with the ball in his hands and he had a legitimate post-up game than Wiseman.. Wiseman is a dive man with aspirations to being a jumpshooter right now. It is absolutely delusional to project him taking people off the dribble as a rookie.
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#103 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
It's hard to read what you're imagining as anything other than an insanely optimistic projection.



In this video, Wiseman tries to go off the dribble at 4:40 and it ends in disaster because he dribbles himself into a double team.

[youtube;t=151s[/youtube]

In this video, Wiseman isn't able to catch the ball trying to seal his man at 1:45 because he bobbles it around with one hand. At 1:55 he takes a terrible fadeaway in the middle of the paint with 24 seconds left on the shot clock. And you're saying he's going to hit midrange shots close to the basket like KD? Come on. KD is one of the greatest midrange shooters of all time. Wiseman is a college kid, which speaks to my point that some of the things you are projecting are so absurd as to not even be worth taking seriously. At 3:20, Wiseman takes a stepback long 2 and gets called for travelling because he didn't take the first shot when it was open. He's not going to be unguardable close to the block. He's going to be a rookie who doesn't have a great feel for the game and tries to do too much when he has the ball in his hands, which is why if he were drafted by the Warriors, he wouldn't play a big role in the offense at all beyond being a lob toy.

Wiseman might be coachable and smart, but it's still going to take him some time to learn how to play at NBA level. Chriss took 4 years to become semi competent and he's pretty sloppy defensively. I will say this though about Chriss, you're wrong when you say he couldn't pass when he showed up to the Warriors. He was making Bogut level passes at the top of the key on dribble hands offs from opening night. I remember that sticking out to me. From a Zach Lowe article:



https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29023069/the-luke-walton-all-stars-nine-surprising-players-nba-season


Are we going to forget that this kid is still 19? Are we really going to hyper analyse one game that happen back in November? Are we really not going to expect any sort of improvement in his game? Are we really going to say he is a finished product? Are we really going to say he has not had any sort of NBA training since he left College? Are we really going to listen to any sort of critisism from someone clearly biased against Wiseman in Jonathan Wasserman? You want me to pull up multiple games of Steph and Klay when they were young? In their fresh man year? In their 2nd or 3rd games as college freshmen? You want me to pull of Steph during the Summer league?

I don't know if this will convince you but here is another angle of the game you posted



I am not denying he has work to do. I never said he is already an elite prospect. I'm am saying we cannot pass him up because of what he will bring to this team in comparison to anyone in the top 5. As well as maturity and discipline and willingness to learn and take a back seat behind 3 all time greats. You think the others will take likely to getting minimal touches? Including Deni? I guess they may fall in line, but I believe it will affect Wiseman the least and not affect his game whatsoever and his will to work and improve. It's is just my gut feeling. And I don't know why you keep ignoring the argument I keep bringing up, that coaches limit prospects all the time. You never get to see their full games, I bring up Karl-Anthony Towns, but I don't know why you brushing it off. Who knew what he could do? Who knew about his potential jumpshot? All he did was stick around the basket


Honestly, the highlights don't impress me. I watched them before I even made my thread to see if there was anything intriguing in the video and all I saw was Damian Jones with a more fluid jumpshot. Towns shot 25% from three in college and showed more of a face-up game than Wiseman. Go watch highlights of Towns from college, he was taking face-up jumpers, pull-up J's. He was way more comfortable with the ball in his hands and he had a legitimate post-up game than Wiseman.. Wiseman is a dive man with aspirations to being a jumpshooter right now. It is absolutely delusional to project him taking people off the dribble as a rookie.



You wanna show me evidence in the 3 games that Wiseman was not taking jumpers? True he does not have a legit post game now. But he has taken multiple jumpers and does not look uncomfortable with the ball



An example. How can you not see potential in this? Are you kidding me? This was in high school Btw, almost 2 years ago
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 34
Joined: Aug 29, 2020

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#104 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:28 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:idiot Bill Simmons said it's been 20 years since we had a C dominate the playoffs like Jokic...he doesn't understand that Jokic isn't a C and that positions aren't a thing anymore...he's a a 7 foot 300 lb creator and the entire offense runs through him...he's unlike anything we've seen before...


Fans and media are hardly focusing at all on Jokic and Murray..Those two are MONSTERS


It's because they're not on social media doing the Toosie Slide...they just show up and take your heart out... :lol: at Jokic saying to Murray last night after the game "you got something to say?"
Warriors Analyst
Veteran
Posts: 2,876
And1: 840
Joined: May 16, 2005

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#105 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:39 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Are we going to forget that this kid is still 19? Are we really going to hyper analyse one game that happen back in November? Are we really not going to expect any sort of improvement in his game? Are we really going to say he is a finished product? Are we really going to say he has not had any sort of NBA training since he left College? Are we really going to listen to any sort of critisism from someone clearly biased against Wiseman in Jonathan Wasserman? You want me to pull up multiple games of Steph and Klay when they were young? In their fresh man year? In their 2nd or 3rd games as college freshmen? You want me to pull of Steph during the Summer league?

I don't know if this will convince you but here is another angle of the game you posted



I am not denying he has work to do. I never said he is already an elite prospect. I'm am saying we cannot pass him up because of what he will bring to this team in comparison to anyone in the top 5. As well as maturity and discipline and willingness to learn and take a back seat behind 3 all time greats. You think the others will take likely to getting minimal touches? Including Deni? I guess they may fall in line, but I believe it will affect Wiseman the least and not affect his game whatsoever and his will to work and improve. It's is just my gut feeling. And I don't know why you keep ignoring the argument I keep bringing up, that coaches limit prospects all the time. You never get to see their full games, I bring up Karl-Anthony Towns, but I don't know why you brushing it off. Who knew what he could do? Who knew about his potential jumpshot? All he did was stick around the basket


Honestly, the highlights don't impress me. I watched them before I even made my thread to see if there was anything intriguing in the video and all I saw was Damian Jones with a more fluid jumpshot. Towns shot 25% from three in college and showed more of a face-up game than Wiseman. Go watch highlights of Towns from college, he was taking face-up jumpers, pull-up J's. He was way more comfortable with the ball in his hands and he had a legitimate post-up game than Wiseman.. Wiseman is a dive man with aspirations to being a jumpshooter right now. It is absolutely delusional to project him taking people off the dribble as a rookie.



You wanna show me evidence in the 3 games that Wiseman was not taking jumpers? True he does not have a legit post game now. But he has taken multiple jumpers and does not look uncomfortable with the ball



An example. How can you not see potential in this? Are you kidding me? This was in high school Btw, almost 2 years ago


He made one nice jumper in that Oregon game in the middle of the key. He also took a stupid spinning fadeaway jumper with 24 seconds on the clock and got a carrying violation later in the game trying to dribble backwards into a stepback. His form is nice, but the decision making and how he chooses to get into those shots is concerning.

It's hard for me to get too psyched about what Wiseman did in high school, considering it was against children. Right now the most important things we have to look at him are three games in college, only one of which was against good competition. And that game tape is littered with concerning moments of him shying away from contact, making bad reads on defense, and generally looking like a crazy explosive athlete trying to catch up to a game speed he's not used to.

But back to his high school days. It's interesting, I guess, that Wiseman flashed some skill in high school and AAU, but you'd except him to be dominant, right? Especially if you're projecting some mythical Wiseman that takes NBA C's off the dribble, commands double teams, and hits mid-post fadeaways like KD. Well, a nugget from an Ethan Strauss article about Wiseman...

Bagley’s 2017 EYBL stats: 15 games played, 25.8 points per game, 14.9 boards, 3.1 blocks, 54.6 percent from the field.

• Wiseman’s 2018 Nike EYBL stats: 16 games played, 15.0 points per game, 6.8 boards, 1.8 blocks, 48.7 percent from the field.
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#106 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
He made one nice jumper in that Oregon game in the middle of the key. He also took a stupid spinning fadeaway jumper with 24 seconds on the clock and got a carrying violation later in the game trying to dribble backwards into a stepback. His form is nice, but the decision making and how he chooses to get into those shots is concerning.

It's hard for me to get too psyched about what Wiseman did in high school, considering it was against children. Right now the most important things we have to look at him are three games in college, only one of which was against good competition. And that game tape is littered with concerning moments of him shying away from contact, making bad reads on defense, and generally looking like a crazy explosive athlete trying to catch up to a game speed he's not used to.

But back to his high school days. It's interesting, I guess, that Wiseman flashed some skill in high school and AAU, but you'd except him to be dominant, right? Especially if you're projecting some mythical Wiseman that takes NBA C's off the dribble, commands double teams, and hits mid-post fadeaways like KD. Well, a nugget from an Ethan Strauss article about Wiseman...

Bagley’s 2017 EYBL stats: 15 games played, 25.8 points per game, 14.9 boards, 3.1 blocks, 54.6 percent from the field.

• Wiseman’s 2018 Nike EYBL stats: 16 games played, 15.0 points per game, 6.8 boards, 1.8 blocks, 48.7 percent from the field.


Yea they are different players, Bagley has more of an offensive motor right now. And he is a good player. Evident of why he was taken ahead of Doncic. Wiseman is not a finished product, but one thing is he will be whatever a team wants him to be. Rebound? he will do that, protect the rim? no problem, Take mirange jumpers if open? no problem. Iso on the block? Well we wait to see. Run the floor? Sure. catch lobs? Sure. Make fast break passes and high IQ plays? Sure no problem. I believe he can do alot and improve. Like I said, his role on this team would be different than his role on CHA or Bulls. I will not be surprised if he had a rookie season like Zion before the bubble. But instead have the ability to hit an 18fter. He has put in work all this time and it would be stupid to deny any sort of skill he possesses and then claiming he will be a Capella or DeAndre Jordan who both cannot dribble, pass or shot any sort of jumpers.

When he was way younger, everyone was saying he has a very similar game to Anthony Davis, he was the #1 prospect for a reason. I think he can reach that sort of ceiling, with a bit less defense and switchability. But he will be threat to catch any sort of lob, take midrange jumpers, grab many rebounds and offensive rebounds, run the floor really well, handle the ball and iso on the block in rare situations. If he puts in many many hours in the Gym, it's highly likely he will reach that ceiling

Bagley is also a Damn good player. Vlade said it after he was fired that he still believe Bagley would be very very good and I believe it as well, if he manages to stay healthy



And I mean it's pretty evident the 2018 draft is way better than this draft. But you take what you can get, and Wiseman is the best of the bunch. In my opinion for a 19 year old. Obviously I have 20, 21, 22 and 23 year olds I like as well
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 34
Joined: Aug 29, 2020

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#107 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 pm

Doc is coming back per Chris Haynes :lol:
Warriors Analyst
Veteran
Posts: 2,876
And1: 840
Joined: May 16, 2005

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#108 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
He made one nice jumper in that Oregon game in the middle of the key. He also took a stupid spinning fadeaway jumper with 24 seconds on the clock and got a carrying violation later in the game trying to dribble backwards into a stepback. His form is nice, but the decision making and how he chooses to get into those shots is concerning.

It's hard for me to get too psyched about what Wiseman did in high school, considering it was against children. Right now the most important things we have to look at him are three games in college, only one of which was against good competition. And that game tape is littered with concerning moments of him shying away from contact, making bad reads on defense, and generally looking like a crazy explosive athlete trying to catch up to a game speed he's not used to.

But back to his high school days. It's interesting, I guess, that Wiseman flashed some skill in high school and AAU, but you'd except him to be dominant, right? Especially if you're projecting some mythical Wiseman that takes NBA C's off the dribble, commands double teams, and hits mid-post fadeaways like KD. Well, a nugget from an Ethan Strauss article about Wiseman...

Bagley’s 2017 EYBL stats: 15 games played, 25.8 points per game, 14.9 boards, 3.1 blocks, 54.6 percent from the field.

• Wiseman’s 2018 Nike EYBL stats: 16 games played, 15.0 points per game, 6.8 boards, 1.8 blocks, 48.7 percent from the field.


Yea they are different players, Bagley has more of an offensive motor right now. And he is a good player. Evident of why he was taken ahead of Doncic. Wiseman is not a finished product, but one thing is he will be whatever a team wants him to be. Rebound? he will do that, protect the rim? no problem, Take mirange jumpers if open? no problem. Iso on the block? Well we wait to see. Run the floor? Sure. catch lobs? Sure. Make fast break passes and high IQ plays? Sure no problem. I believe he can do alot and improve. Like I said, his role on this team would be different than his role on CHA or Bulls. I will not be surprised if he had a rookie season like Zion before the bubble. But instead have the ability to hit an 18fter. He has put in work all this time and it would be stupid to deny any sort of skill he possesses and then claiming he will be a Capella or DeAndre Jordan who both cannot dribble, pass or shot any sort of jumpers.

When he was way younger, everyone was saying he has a very similar game to Anthony Davis, he was the #1 prospect for a reason. I think he can reach that sort of ceiling, with a bit less defense and switchability. But he will be threat to catch any sort of lob, take midrange jumpers, grab many rebounds and offensive rebounds, run the floor really well, handle the ball and iso on the block in rare situations. If he puts in many many hours in the Gym, it's highly likely he will reach that ceiling

Bagley is also a Damn good player. Vlade said it after he was fired that he still believe Bagley would be very very good and I believe it as well, if he manages to stay healthy



And I mean it's pretty evident the 2018 draft is way better than this draft. But you take what you can get, and Wiseman is the best of the bunch. In my opinion for a 19 year old. Obviously I have 20, 21, 22 and 23 year olds I like as well


Wiseman isn't a finished product, so how do you expect him to be whatever a team wants him to be? You're trying to project things that you don't even know if he can do. You except a dude who didn't even get 7 boards a game in the AAU circuit and only averaged 10 boards a game in three college games to do that at a high level for his team? He can try, but that's not a guarantee. Rim protection? Again, he can try, but from what little footage we have from him in college, it's more theoretical based on his physical abilities. He should be able to take open mid range jumpers, run the floor, and catch lobs. I won't dispute that.

But in a post trying to convince people that you're not being delusional about Wiseman, you casually throw out that you wouldn't be surprised if he played like Zion pre-bubble, but with a jumpshot, which is to say... you think there's a chance that Wiseman steps onto the floor and plays like a first ballot HOF and gives us upwards of 24 points a game on 59% from the field. And if he's capable of hitting jumpshots in this insane hypothetical, then he's probably giving us 30 points a game, no? This scenario is delusional. There's no other way to put it.
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#109 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
He made one nice jumper in that Oregon game in the middle of the key. He also took a stupid spinning fadeaway jumper with 24 seconds on the clock and got a carrying violation later in the game trying to dribble backwards into a stepback. His form is nice, but the decision making and how he chooses to get into those shots is concerning.

It's hard for me to get too psyched about what Wiseman did in high school, considering it was against children. Right now the most important things we have to look at him are three games in college, only one of which was against good competition. And that game tape is littered with concerning moments of him shying away from contact, making bad reads on defense, and generally looking like a crazy explosive athlete trying to catch up to a game speed he's not used to.

But back to his high school days. It's interesting, I guess, that Wiseman flashed some skill in high school and AAU, but you'd except him to be dominant, right? Especially if you're projecting some mythical Wiseman that takes NBA C's off the dribble, commands double teams, and hits mid-post fadeaways like KD. Well, a nugget from an Ethan Strauss article about Wiseman...



Yea they are different players, Bagley has more of an offensive motor right now. And he is a good player. Evident of why he was taken ahead of Doncic. Wiseman is not a finished product, but one thing is he will be whatever a team wants him to be. Rebound? he will do that, protect the rim? no problem, Take mirange jumpers if open? no problem. Iso on the block? Well we wait to see. Run the floor? Sure. catch lobs? Sure. Make fast break passes and high IQ plays? Sure no problem. I believe he can do alot and improve. Like I said, his role on this team would be different than his role on CHA or Bulls. I will not be surprised if he had a rookie season like Zion before the bubble. But instead have the ability to hit an 18fter. He has put in work all this time and it would be stupid to deny any sort of skill he possesses and then claiming he will be a Capella or DeAndre Jordan who both cannot dribble, pass or shot any sort of jumpers.

When he was way younger, everyone was saying he has a very similar game to Anthony Davis, he was the #1 prospect for a reason. I think he can reach that sort of ceiling, with a bit less defense and switchability. But he will be threat to catch any sort of lob, take midrange jumpers, grab many rebounds and offensive rebounds, run the floor really well, handle the ball and iso on the block in rare situations. If he puts in many many hours in the Gym, it's highly likely he will reach that ceiling

Bagley is also a Damn good player. Vlade said it after he was fired that he still believe Bagley would be very very good and I believe it as well, if he manages to stay healthy



And I mean it's pretty evident the 2018 draft is way better than this draft. But you take what you can get, and Wiseman is the best of the bunch. In my opinion for a 19 year old. Obviously I have 20, 21, 22 and 23 year olds I like as well


Wiseman isn't a finished product, so how do you expect him to be whatever a team wants him to be? You're trying to project things that you don't even know if he can do. You except a dude who didn't even get 7 boards a game in the AAU circuit and only averaged 10 boards a game in three college games to do that at a high level for his team? He can try, but that's not a guarantee. Rim protection? Again, he can try, but from what little footage we have from him in college, it's more theoretical based on his physical abilities. He should be able to take open mid range jumpers, run the floor, and catch lobs. I won't dispute that.

But in a post trying to convince people that you're not being delusional about Wiseman, you casually throw out that you wouldn't be surprised if he played like Zion pre-bubble, but with a jumpshot, which is to say... you think there's a chance that Wiseman steps onto the floor and plays like a first ballot HOF and gives us upwards of 24 points a game on 59% from the field. And if he's capable of hitting jumpshots in this insane hypothetical, then he's probably giving us 30 points a game, no? This scenario is delusional. There's no other way to put it.


I used Zion as an example because of what he was doing not the points he was putting. Elite floor running, finishing in the paint, Catching lobs, offensive rebounds, mostly overpowering and finishing through alot of stuff. I can see Wiseman on our team do that, but he will be able to hit an open mid jumper, they give our centers that shot all the time
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,283
And1: 2,002
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#110 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 pm

Clippers need CP3 way more than they need George
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,358
And1: 316
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#111 » by marthafokker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:06 pm

If Clips keeping both Kawhi and PG13, how the hell do they get much upgrade when they have no assets after trading everything away?

GSW is in so much better place right now. Unless it is The Greek Freak, don't repeat what Clips did and wasted all their assets.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 34
Joined: Aug 29, 2020

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#112 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Clippers just need to run it back...they'll still be one of a handful of teams next season who could win it all...
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 49,850
And1: 8,711
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: Let's ditch guns!

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#113 » by floppymoose » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 pm

Little Digger wrote:Man it’s hard to get even a hint of a prop from you guys..
I like it..


Hey, sorry, I thought you'd be too busy counting those gold sovereigns. ka-ching! ☺☺☺
TinoDubs
Sophomore
Posts: 191
And1: 32
Joined: Feb 20, 2019

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#114 » by TinoDubs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:28 pm

whatisacenter wrote:I hope Warriors' fans can finally stop whining about Jerry West now...


Without JW, Clippers will be a bubble team in the West. JW gave up all thoses picks for a pair of superstars and made them a legit top 3 teams in the league. Without PG13, Kawhi will not be there. How many teams in the league would do what they did? On paper, the Clippers probably still have a higher change to win it all next year than the current Dubs, right? Yes, they choked to the Denver, and so are we. Didn't we, the Dubs lost to LeBron when we're up 3-1 as well.
xdrta+
Analyst
Posts: 3,618
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#115 » by xdrta+ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:41 pm

TinoDubs wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:I hope Warriors' fans can finally stop whining about Jerry West now...


Without JW, Clippers will be a bubble team in the West. JW gave up all thoses picks for a pair of superstars and made them a legit top 3 teams in the league. Without PG13, Kawhi will not be there. How many teams in the league would do what they did? On paper, the Clippers probably still have a higher change to win it all next year than the current Dubs, right? Yes, they choked to the Denver, and so are we. Didn't we, the Dubs lost to LeBron when we're up 3-1 as well.


Where do you think Kawhi would be? It was clear he was going to LA no matter what, and the Lakers were out, so where would he be? He wasn't going to re-sign with Toronto. The Clippers have an active front office, a lot more than "consultant" Jerry West. Kawhi didn't come there because of West.
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#116 » by ShayDee » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:44 pm

We better not trade away all our future on 1 player. Unless he is Trae Young/Luka/Tatum/Jokic/ maybe Booker, Maybe Zion. I won't do it for Morant, KAT, Mitchell
User avatar
whatisacenter
Veteran
Posts: 2,786
And1: 3,922
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#117 » by whatisacenter » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 pm

TinoDubs wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:I hope Warriors' fans can finally stop whining about Jerry West now...


Without JW, Clippers will be a bubble team in the West. JW gave up all thoses picks for a pair of superstars and made them a legit top 3 teams in the league. Without PG13, Kawhi will not be there. How many teams in the league would do what they did? On paper, the Clippers probably still have a higher change to win it all next year than the current Dubs, right? Yes, they choked to the Denver, and so are we. Didn't we, the Dubs lost to LeBron when we're up 3-1 as well.


I like JW and think the biggest thing he brought to the Warriors and the Clippers when he arrived on the scene is legitimacy. What I can't stand are the Warriors' fans who think he walks on water and credit all of the teams success to him and any missteps to his absence. Yes, Kawhi said get me PG and I will sign but that doesn't mean you put yourself over a barrel to be taken advantage of. The Clippers overpaid for PG when you compare it to what the Lakers gave up for a better player in AD. And to top it off, this is a two year window, Kawhi and PG can walk after next year if they don't win it all and leave the Clippers without any star talent and no draft picks for the foreseeable future. I don't even think there is any lottery pick protection in the event those two leave and the Clippers miss the playoffs.
HiRez
General Manager
Posts: 9,149
And1: 1,903
Joined: Dec 29, 2011

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#118 » by HiRez » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:51 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Bagley’s 2017 EYBL stats: 15 games played, 25.8 points per game, 14.9 boards, 3.1 blocks, 54.6 percent from the field.

• Wiseman’s 2018 Nike EYBL stats: 16 games played, 15.0 points per game, 6.8 boards, 1.8 blocks, 48.7 percent from the field.

Just curious, how many minutes per game in each of these?
TinoDubs
Sophomore
Posts: 191
And1: 32
Joined: Feb 20, 2019

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#119 » by TinoDubs » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:41 am

whatisacenter wrote:
TinoDubs wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:I hope Warriors' fans can finally stop whining about Jerry West now...


Without JW, Clippers will be a bubble team in the West. JW gave up all thoses picks for a pair of superstars and made them a legit top 3 teams in the league. Without PG13, Kawhi will not be there. How many teams in the league would do what they did? On paper, the Clippers probably still have a higher change to win it all next year than the current Dubs, right? Yes, they choked to the Denver, and so are we. Didn't we, the Dubs lost to LeBron when we're up 3-1 as well.


I like JW and think the biggest thing he brought to the Warriors and the Clippers when he arrived on the scene is legitimacy. What I can't stand are the Warriors' fans who think he walks on water and credit all of the teams success to him and any missteps to his absence. Yes, Kawhi said get me PG and I will sign but that doesn't mean you put yourself over a barrel to be taken advantage of. The Clippers overpaid for PG when you compare it to what the Lakers gave up for a better player in AD. And to top it off, this is a two year window, Kawhi and PG can walk after next year if they don't win it all and leave the Clippers without any star talent and no draft picks for the foreseeable future. I don't even think there is any lottery pick protection in the event those two leave and the Clippers miss the playoffs.


It was a shock at a time when both Kawhi and PG signed with the Clippers, right? I'm sure that they talked in the back, Kawhi probably want another superstar to come on board with him, and PG is on the table at a time. The Clippers made that trade knowing that they will get 2 superstars, so to me, all those picks for 2 players, not just PG. And those picks the Clippers gave up, they are probably will be a low picks anyway (checkout our 1st rnd picks for the last 5 years, mostly trash). They think with Kawhi and PG, they can lure in some decent players via free agent market. The issue here is that they have to win in 2 years window, or else ....
User avatar
whatisacenter
Veteran
Posts: 2,786
And1: 3,922
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#120 » by whatisacenter » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:52 am

TinoDubs wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
TinoDubs wrote:
Without JW, Clippers will be a bubble team in the West. JW gave up all thoses picks for a pair of superstars and made them a legit top 3 teams in the league. Without PG13, Kawhi will not be there. How many teams in the league would do what they did? On paper, the Clippers probably still have a higher change to win it all next year than the current Dubs, right? Yes, they choked to the Denver, and so are we. Didn't we, the Dubs lost to LeBron when we're up 3-1 as well.


I like JW and think the biggest thing he brought to the Warriors and the Clippers when he arrived on the scene is legitimacy. What I can't stand are the Warriors' fans who think he walks on water and credit all of the teams success to him and any missteps to his absence. Yes, Kawhi said get me PG and I will sign but that doesn't mean you put yourself over a barrel to be taken advantage of. The Clippers overpaid for PG when you compare it to what the Lakers gave up for a better player in AD. And to top it off, this is a two year window, Kawhi and PG can walk after next year if they don't win it all and leave the Clippers without any star talent and no draft picks for the foreseeable future. I don't even think there is any lottery pick protection in the event those two leave and the Clippers miss the playoffs.


It was a shock at a time when both Kawhi and PG signed with the Clippers, right? I'm sure that they talked in the back, Kawhi probably want another superstar to come on board with him, and PG is on the table at a time. The Clippers made that trade knowing that they will get 2 superstars, so to me, all those picks for 2 players, not just PG. And those picks the Clippers gave up, they are probably will be a low picks anyway (checkout our 1st rnd picks for the last 5 years, mostly trash). They think with Kawhi and PG, they can lure in some decent players via free agent market. The issue here is that they have to win in 2 years window, or else ....


This is such an apologist point of view. They are two separate transactions, Kawhi a FA and a trade for PG. They overpaid. Those picks wont be low if they don't win it next year and those two walk.

Return to Golden State Warriors