ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Draft Thread, Part 2

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

shazam_guy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,811
And1: 425
Joined: Feb 03, 2009

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2241 » by shazam_guy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:27 pm

Kuya wrote:Ziaire Williams will be in the top 7 range. Would give the future Warriors range while Wiseman dominates down low.



Ziaire looks like a natural, and he's got a REAL smooth stroke from 3-point range. A little polish, a little game-time, and the guy's gonna be awesome.
shazam_guy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,811
And1: 425
Joined: Feb 03, 2009

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2242 » by shazam_guy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:29 pm

What the hell has Minnesota been thinking for years?

Let us never forget Jonny Flynn, who (indirectly) delivered us our championships.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2243 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:50 pm

This thread is for the draft in the past. Need to stop posting things here for future drafts :)
DubsPhilosophy
Sophomore
Posts: 202
And1: 241
Joined: Oct 22, 2016
     

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2244 » by DubsPhilosophy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:19 pm

So based just off preseason, I'm not seeing this draft as being quite as "weak" as it was made out to be. In fact the only guy playing badly is Anthony Edwards for the LolWolves. Most everyone else in the lottery seems to be competing for regular minutes.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2245 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:42 pm

DubsPhilosophy wrote:So based just off preseason, I'm not seeing this draft as being quite as "weak" as it was made out to be. In fact the only guy playing badly is Anthony Edwards for the LolWolves. Most everyone else in the lottery seems to be competing for regular minutes.


Drafts are quick judged by the top few players, it takes a long time to really judge them. This draft clearly had a strong class below the top 5, and the top 5 just had a ton of questions and right now there are still a lot of questions about the top 3.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,336
And1: 9,284
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2246 » by Mylie10 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:20 am

What question do you actually have about Wiseman! Serious question? What is the big secret that you just can’t let yourself open your eyes to see?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,297
And1: 1,880
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2247 » by cdubbz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:49 am

Mylie10 wrote:What question do you actually have about Wiseman! Serious question? What is the big secret that you just can’t let yourself open your eyes to see?




His perimeter/“guard” play. He’s been advertising his handles and jumper all year. Also him being in an actual game setting. His defensive awareness, rebounding, boxing out. Honestly everything.

I’m excited to see him prove he’s got what we hope he has though.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
User avatar
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
Posts: 765
And1: 37
Joined: Jun 30, 2005
Location: East Bay
       

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2248 » by RichmondWarrior » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:46 am

We should have drafted Lamelo
DAWill1128
Analyst
Posts: 3,582
And1: 972
Joined: Jun 17, 2004
   

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2249 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:25 am

Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2250 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Mylie10 wrote:What question do you actually have about Wiseman! Serious question? What is the big secret that you just can’t let yourself open your eyes to see?


Until I see it in NBA game play and see him maintain it I don't know how hard he will bang inside on offense and defense, and I don't know how quick he thinks the game.

That said, most of my concerns pre-draft were couched in "if the Warriors front office and coaches are comfortable I'm fine with him being the choice" which I also said about Edwards and Ball and Avdija.
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
Posts: 10,490
And1: 2,068
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: Sacramento
     

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2251 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:52 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:


jesus christ the defense being played in that game is effing pathetic
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2252 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:16 pm

RichmondWarrior wrote:We should have drafted Lamelo


Based on the 0 games we've seen from Wiseman? Or based on the limited performances of LaMelo?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 11,553
And1: 2,225
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2253 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:57 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
RichmondWarrior wrote:We should have drafted Lamelo


Based on the 0 games we've seen from Wiseman? Or based on the limited performances of LaMelo?


LOL...I just posted on the main board...this draft class is going to end up being outstanding.

Lamelo, hate to say it, looks damn good. You know a future super star when the entire other team looks like they are playing in slow motion around him. He's one of the most fluid gifted point guards I've seen.

Now...regret? Only if Wiseman becomes some sort of awkward mechanical rookie with bad hands. What I've seen so far in work out footage...he looks like he'll have similar impact as Lamelo but as a super talented big man.

Okoro, Deni, Tryese...man these guys all are looking much more mature than last years draft class.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2254 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:20 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
RichmondWarrior wrote:We should have drafted Lamelo


Based on the 0 games we've seen from Wiseman? Or based on the limited performances of LaMelo?


LOL...I just posted on the main board...this draft class is going to end up being outstanding.

Lamelo, hate to say it, looks damn good. You know a future super star when the entire other team looks like they are playing in slow motion around him. He's one of the most fluid gifted point guards I've seen.

Now...regret? Only if Wiseman becomes some sort of awkward mechanical rookie with bad hands. What I've seen so far in work out footage...he looks like he'll have similar impact as Lamelo but as a super talented big man.

Okoro, Deni, Tryese...man these guys all are looking much more mature than last years draft class.


Yeah, this class has been looking good.

I'm still not sold on Ball being able to maintain it when defenses are schemed against him.
Little Digger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,837
And1: 2,702
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2255 » by Little Digger » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:05 pm

I don’t get why you all built up so much hate for LaMelo..He plays a beautiful unselfish style and you can tell he loves the game of basketball..

What was it all based on? His Pops? Or his interviews?

You almost had me believing in that bullsh*t

You want to know if a guy is a selfish pr*ck? Don’t pay attention to what he says or how he acts..Watch him play the game ..Trump would average 0 assists
with 197 turnovers per game
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2256 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Little Digger wrote:I don’t get why you all built up so much hate for LaMelo..He plays a beautiful unselfish style and you can tell he loves the game of basketball..

What was it all based on? His Pops? Or his interviews?

You almost had me believing in that bullsh*t


Are you talking to me?

All I've said about him was that he's one of 2 players in the draft who clearly came in with an elite skill, Ball's passing/vision and Okoro's defense.

The issues with Ball are his offensive game other than the passing/floor general thing, and his defense. His dad is certain to be annoying but not enough to make me not want to draft him.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,297
And1: 1,880
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2257 » by cdubbz » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Cole Anthony looked good in his last game against Charlotte. A lot of impressive rookies so far
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2258 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:57 am

Keep in mind that as these rookies get minutes they are also putting down film for opposing teams to study and find their weaknesses. There is a reason rookies often have dips in performance during their rookie years. The question is can they fix it and keep fixing each weakness as they are exposed?

But yeah, so far, in VERY limited run this draft class is looking pretty good. No "obvious superstars" to me yet, but some very solid starts at least.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,336
And1: 9,284
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2259 » by Mylie10 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:00 am

You seem like one of those guys who dips a toe into a pool before jumping in.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 9,026
And1: 1,655
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2260 » by Onus » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:06 am

It’s kind of crazy that ae and ball won’t be starting on most likely lottery bound teams.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors