ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Draft Thread, Part 2

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,437
And1: 1,635
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2461 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:09 am

EvanZ wrote:I think they are just covering their asses at this point


So the original 'leak' was definitely real and the follow up 'leak' was a PR cover up job?

Do you take into account the reputability of the two sources? Shelburne, a reporter, vs. Jalen Rose, a personality?
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 8,276
And1: 1,628
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2462 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:53 pm

and1GS wrote:
EvanZ wrote:I think they are just covering their asses at this point


So the original 'leak' was definitely real and the follow up 'leak' was a PR cover up job?

Do you take into account the reputability of the two sources? Shelburne, a reporter, vs. Jalen Rose, a personality?


I think where there's smoke there's fire. I've said this before, the Warriors FO does certain things well, but they would really really benefit from shutting the hell up and not leaking ****. They are leakier than the Titanic after it hit the damn iceberg. :lol: And these leaks do not help them.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,437
And1: 1,635
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2463 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:29 pm

EvanZ wrote:
and1GS wrote:
EvanZ wrote:I think they are just covering their asses at this point


So the original 'leak' was definitely real and the follow up 'leak' was a PR cover up job?

Do you take into account the reputability of the two sources? Shelburne, a reporter, vs. Jalen Rose, a personality?


I think where there's smoke there's fire. I've said this before, the Warriors FO does certain things well, but they would really really benefit from shutting the hell up and not leaking ****. They are leakier than the Titanic after it hit the damn iceberg. :lol: And these leaks do not help them.


Thanks for explaining, I find this stuff interesting. You're entitled to that opinion. I think you're wrong, but I can see how you got there.
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 7,185
And1: 311
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2464 » by TB » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Still mad we didn't jump back into the end of the 1st (it was only taking a couple future 2nds) to get Bane. He'd be a perfect backup wing that can knock down shots and be solid enough at everything else.

I'd try to offer Paschall and a future 2nd for him right now.
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,855
And1: 438
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2465 » by marthafokker » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:27 am

Lavar and his mouth is yapping again. MJ is going to have fun keeping LaMelo in Hornets jersey in a few years.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
User avatar
whatisacenter
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,816
And1: 4,844
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2466 » by whatisacenter » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:06 am

Lamelo out for the remainder of the year with a fractured wrist...
sonnyhill
Sophomore
Posts: 151
And1: 26
Joined: Oct 28, 2020

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2467 » by sonnyhill » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:20 pm

How about this for believing in the draft? The Oklahoma City Thunder currently own 17 future first round draft picks!

https://clutchpoints.com/how-many-future-1st-round-draft-picks-do-the-thunder-have/
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
Posts: 10,739
And1: 2,195
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: Sacramento
     

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2468 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:57 pm

Never mind Lamelo, we should have taken Moses Brown! :o :crazy:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,563
And1: 1,935
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2469 » by cdubbz » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:14 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Never mind Lamelo, we should have taken Moses Brown! :o :crazy:


Was a fan of his early on, but didn't think he would stick around in the NBA.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,563
And1: 1,935
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2470 » by cdubbz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:37 am

TB wrote:Still mad we didn't jump back into the end of the 1st (it was only taking a couple future 2nds) to get Bane. He'd be a perfect backup wing that can knock down shots and be solid enough at everything else.

I'd try to offer Paschall and a future 2nd for him right now.


Bane is a dime a dozen.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
TrueFan420
Sophomore
Posts: 115
And1: 76
Joined: Aug 18, 2019
     

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2471 » by TrueFan420 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:05 pm

sonnyhill wrote:How about this for believing in the draft? The Oklahoma City Thunder currently own 17 future first round draft picks!

https://clutchpoints.com/how-many-future-1st-round-draft-picks-do-the-thunder-have/

Means they have a bunch of late picks they’ll likely sell for more late picks or seconds or cash. Should def move if the price is right. But we’re young as is. Unless there’s someone we absolutely love we need to get some vets.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,698
And1: 15,483
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2472 » by FNQ » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:06 pm

cdubbz wrote:
TB wrote:Still mad we didn't jump back into the end of the 1st (it was only taking a couple future 2nds) to get Bane. He'd be a perfect backup wing that can knock down shots and be solid enough at everything else.

I'd try to offer Paschall and a future 2nd for him right now.


Bane is a dime a dozen.


Just because the cost is cheap doesnt mean we still dont need that type of player :dontknow:
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 7,185
And1: 311
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2473 » by TB » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:29 pm

FNQ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
TB wrote:Still mad we didn't jump back into the end of the 1st (it was only taking a couple future 2nds) to get Bane. He'd be a perfect backup wing that can knock down shots and be solid enough at everything else.

I'd try to offer Paschall and a future 2nd for him right now.


Bane is a dime a dozen.


Just because the cost is cheap doesnt mean we still dont need that type of player :dontknow:


I totally understand the dime a dozen thought, I mean we have TWO of this type of player right now in Lee and Baze. Bane seems to project to being and even better version of that type of role playing wing shooter though. He's basically doing what they do only shooting it even better from 3.

But I think we'd all agree that while there are alot of players like that, you absolutely need a couple on your team if you want to be good. We would be a disaster without those two players and Poole shooting near 40% from 3.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,563
And1: 1,935
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2474 » by cdubbz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:52 am

FNQ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
TB wrote:Still mad we didn't jump back into the end of the 1st (it was only taking a couple future 2nds) to get Bane. He'd be a perfect backup wing that can knock down shots and be solid enough at everything else.

I'd try to offer Paschall and a future 2nd for him right now.


Bane is a dime a dozen.


Just because the cost is cheap doesnt mean we still dont need that type of player :dontknow:


Wasn’t talking about price, but more about type of player. We could find a similar player in the draft or free agency.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,563
And1: 1,935
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2475 » by cdubbz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:08 am

One day we will laugh because we drafted a teenager who played 3 college games.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 7,185
And1: 311
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2476 » by TB » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:03 pm

Okongwu battled some injuries and playing time issues, but his per possession and advanced numbers are starting to look great. A lot of people had him over Wiseman because of what todays bigs need to be able to do, and he's sort of showing it... Low usage on offense but super efficient when needed, defends multiple levels, plays with energy. We saw his switchability vs the Dubs, guarding the perimeter very well.

I know its beating a dead horse, but a trade back for Haliburton or Okongwu just made way too much sense in terms of getting a good fit while also adding an extra player.
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 11,351
And1: 2,298
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2477 » by azwfan » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:30 am

TB wrote:Okongwu battled some injuries and playing time issues, but his per possession and advanced numbers are starting to look great. A lot of people had him over Wiseman because of what todays bigs need to be able to do, and he's sort of showing it... Low usage on offense but super efficient when needed, defends multiple levels, plays with energy. We saw his switchability vs the Dubs, guarding the perimeter very well.

I know its beating a dead horse, but a trade back for Haliburton or Okongwu just made way too much sense in terms of getting a good fit while also adding an extra player.

Too bad nobody was willing to give up anything decent to move up.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,563
And1: 1,935
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2478 » by cdubbz » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:28 am

TB wrote:Okongwu battled some injuries and playing time issues, but his per possession and advanced numbers are starting to look great. A lot of people had him over Wiseman because of what todays bigs need to be able to do, and he's sort of showing it... Low usage on offense but super efficient when needed, defends multiple levels, plays with energy. We saw his switchability vs the Dubs, guarding the perimeter very well.

I know its beating a dead horse, but a trade back for Haliburton or Okongwu just made way too much sense in terms of getting a good fit while also adding an extra player.


We’re going to look back at this draft and most likely be mind boggled that we drafted a guy who played 3 college games and didn’t show any skills over proven guys.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
SAKURABA216
Starter
Posts: 2,169
And1: 777
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
   

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2479 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:53 pm

azwfan wrote:
TB wrote:Okongwu battled some injuries and playing time issues, but his per possession and advanced numbers are starting to look great. A lot of people had him over Wiseman because of what todays bigs need to be able to do, and he's sort of showing it... Low usage on offense but super efficient when needed, defends multiple levels, plays with energy. We saw his switchability vs the Dubs, guarding the perimeter very well.

I know its beating a dead horse, but a trade back for Haliburton or Okongwu just made way too much sense in terms of getting a good fit while also adding an extra player.

Too bad nobody was willing to give up anything decent to move up.



I think we wanted a player that we could use as trade bait or be serviceable for us in the event there were no good offers. The most tradeable players in the draft were Edwards, Lamelo, and Wiseman. I think that's why we didn't trade the #2 pick to the Bulls for the #4 pick + Wendell Carter because we wanted one of the top 3 guys.
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 7,185
And1: 311
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2480 » by TB » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:29 pm

I wanted to do that Wendell Carter trade so badly, and then move the 4 with the TPE back to the magic for Gordon. Draft Poku.

Hindsight is fun :)

Return to Golden State Warriors