ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Draft Thread, Part 2

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 260

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#361 » by ShayDee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:02 pm

I've come around to the team taking Deni although I still believe Wiseman is the BPA in this draft but In addition to Deni I still want Bane. Use our own 21 pick if necessary, maybe Minny at 17 or BRK at 19. Absorb Taurean Prince contract if it means we getting the pick. I hope Bob sees this

Whoever has Bob's number please call him and relay the info. Bane will be huge for us next year especially and down the road when Klay/Curry ages
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#362 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:02 am

Of all the 2020 draft prospects ..who’s the best at
(I’ll only answer 1’s that I think I know the answer to)

3pt shooting ?

perimeter defense ?

rim protector?

size for his position? Ball

Most versatile? Advija

rebounder for his position?

HIghest basketball IQ ? Terry

Most competitive?

Least competitive? Edwards

Best playmaker? Ball

Quickest ?

Highest upside? Edwards

True Leader ? Winston

most overrated? Edwards

most underrated? Wiseman (4 M10)
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#363 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:50 am

From top 80 Prospects

3pt shooting(Overral): Bane, Markus Howard
3pt shooting(Movement): Nesmith

perimeter defense(Guard/Combo Guard): Ty-Shon Alexander, Malachi Flynn, Trevelin Queen
perimeter defense(Wing): Vassell/Okoro(I don't trust Okoro that well, His heigh and Wingspan might betray him against pros)
perimeter defense(Big "C or Small ball C"): Paul Reed, Precious

Rim protector: Wiseman, Jalen Smith

Size for his position: Ball

Most versatile: Advija, Pokusevski

Rebounder for his position: Nate Hinton

Highest basketball IQ: Terry, Bane

Most competitive: Okoro, Deni, Vassell, Bane, Ty-Shon, Reed, Tre Jones, Payton Pritchard, Oturu (There are so many guys here, can't name em all)

Least competitive: Edwards, Ball sometimes, Wiseman(before College he used to coast, might be different now)

Best playmaker(Guard): Ball, Winston, Hayes
Best playmaker(Wing): Deni
Best playmaker(Big): Tillman, Reggie Perry, Poku

Quickest: Kira Lewis

Highest upside: Wiseman, Edwards, Ball, Okoro(If shooting comes), Poku(so many things click), Jahm'ius Ramsey, Jaden McDaniels

True Leader: Winston, Tre Jones

Most Overrated: Edwards, Deni(In terms of his upside, properly rated floor), Okoro(he doesn't deserve to go as high as mocked), Patrick Willaims(If anyone drafts him to defend perimeter they will be highly disappointed), Saddiq Bey(same as Williams), Okongwu(not as good as people think)

Most underrated: Wiseman, Bane, Nesmith(Will shock people how good he is), Jahm'ius Ramsey(really good shooter of catch/pull up, where he is mocked is insane given he is one of the youngest in this draft with good athleticism and shooting)
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#364 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:22 pm

most overrated? James Wiseman - Took money under the table, quit on his team instead of paying money back, has stats like Damian Jones in college, but Jones did better except FT% and FG%, Tough to compare stats when all you have is 3 games

most underrated? Lamelo Ball - Next Luka Doncic, Warriors should keep him to see how he fits
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#365 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Tyrese Haliburton says he's talked to three teams: Warriors, Knicks and Pistons.

He seems confident he'll talk with the Timberwolves at some point, too.

-Goldberg-
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#366 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#367 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’m here to stand on my pulpit I remind you I was telling you guys about Vassell wayyyyy back.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#368 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’m here to stand on my pulpit I remind you I was telling you guys about Vassell wayyyyy back.

He can't defend 3s/4s yet though, and I have questions about his shot creating ability is far behind, idk man
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#369 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#370 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 pm

Tyrese Haliburton said the Warriors could see him filling a role similar to the one Shaun Livingston once filled.

Deni Avdija on potential fit with the Warriors: “I think this team is a great team with a lot of great guys, a lot of good All-Star players who I can learn from. … For me, I just want to develop myself to be in the best possible place for me.”

-Connor
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,911

Post#371 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#372 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:57 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's up with the top 10 draftees either not attending or cutting it short? I get the pandemic, racial injustice and all, but I think nowadays, these talents will be drafted somewhere between 1-14 (unless scouts are really tagging them for real areas of weaknesses, thus making them hustle to make themselves look good), don't really care where they land, and are all about the money/status. if they're talented enough, they'll be lucky to extend their playing careers beyond their rookie contracts.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#373 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:25 am

The more I watch Devin Vassell's games, the more I believe he can become a star wing player (aka Kawhi Leonard) for us for the future. At 19, he can still make an immediate impact as a 3 & D player right now. He's athletic, a hound on defense due to his high defensive IQ/awareness, and shoots high arcing 3s (41% of 3FG%). Not a knock to Wiggins, but if he makes strides with us, I'll give props where props are due.

Next level for him is to be able to tighten his ball-handling and play-making/decision-making, put on some weight to absorb contact better, and develop his all-around offensive game. If he gets this all down in 2-4 years, our next dynasty can begin with him.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#374 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:26 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's up with the top 10 draftees either not attending or cutting it short? I get the pandemic, racial injustice and all, but I think nowadays, these talents will be drafted somewhere between 1-14 (unless scouts are really tagging them for real areas of weaknesses, thus making them hustle to make themselves look good), don't really care where they land, and are all about the money/status. if they're talented enough, they'll be lucky to extend their playing careers beyond their rookie contracts.

I think in a draft like this where there's so little consensus the agents advice is to put the onus on the teams to make a decision with the least info possible. Ball is already considered likely to be drafted top-3, he doesn't really have much to gain by working out or interviewing.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#375 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:02 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's a common agent ploy. They prefer to make teams rely on the "consensus" than find out their clients weaknesses.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#376 » by ShayDee » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:33 pm

If this guy was better at offense, He would have been the pick, can rebound as well as defend both Bron and AD and super athletic, can play 3 positions?(SF/PF/C), He could have a better carrier path than Jerami Grant
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#377 » by northoakland510 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:49 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Do you see how many problems the undersized 6'9'' Adebayo is having with AD?
CaliWG
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#378 » by CaliWG » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:57 pm

Little Digger wrote:Of all the 2020 draft prospects ..who’s the best at
(I’ll only answer 1’s that I think I know the answer to)

3pt shooting ? Neismith

perimeter defense ? Okoro

rim protector? Azubuike

size for his position? McDaniels

Most versatile? Vassell

rebounder for his position? Tyler Bey

HIghest basketball IQ ? Winston

Most competitive? Pritchard

Least competitive? Edwards

Best playmaker? Ball

Quickest ? Kira Lewis

Highest upside? Wiseman

True Leader ? Winston

Most overrated? Avdija

Most underrated? Neismith
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#379 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:17 pm

James Wiseman tweets, 'F*сk Amеrica Bro I'm Moving to Hawaii.' The tweet is supposed to be about him "moving to Hawaii" to get out of the United States if Donald Trump wins a second term.

Um... it may as well been Wiseman.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2020/09/hassan-whiteside-claims-fck-america-im-moving-to-hawaii-tweet-presidential-debate-tweet-fake
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
CaliWG
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#380 » by CaliWG » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:27 pm

jason bourne wrote:James Wiseman tweets, 'F*сk Amеrica Bro I'm Moving to Hawaii.' The tweet is supposed to be about him "moving to Hawaii" to get out of the United States if Donald Trump wins a second term.

Um... it may as well been Wiseman.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2020/09/hassan-whiteside-claims-fck-america-im-moving-to-hawaii-tweet-presidential-debate-tweet-fake

That's Hassan Whiteside, not James Wiseman.

Return to Golden State Warriors