Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#941 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:11 pm

tarantism wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
If anything, that report would help the Warriors possibly receive a pick out of a deal coming back with whoever we used the TPE on.

That report forces teams to sweeten their ideas for us to take on the salary hit.

When is the deadline on the cap situation for next year? That deal is going to potentially loosen up a lot of players for trades.
Is there a deadline? I thought they were just having ongoing discussions.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app

There has to be a deadline somewhere. For instance, they can't start the season without having the cap decided.

I think the draft can't happen until the cap is decided, so Nov 18 would be a deadline at least.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#942 » by tarantism » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm more curious about him on the defensive end. Any thoughts there?

Video seems to indicate he's a smart help defender. Doesn't make a lot of dumb mistakes and is capable of snuffing out plays when he makes the right rotation. The bigger issue will be how he deals in isolation.
Casspi made a point to say that he's an underrated defender.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#943 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:17 pm

What does Casspi know about defense?

No offense.

Bill Simmons saying the NBA doesn't want to delay the season too much, even though initially they did, to have a chance at fans in the stands.

But they want to be finished before next NFL season and also finished in time for Olympics. Players like Jokic and Giannis may only get one or two chances to represent their countries during their prime.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#944 » by jason bourne » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:11 pm

Warriors draft Anthony Edwards. LaMelo Ball goes to Minnesota at #1 according to CBS Sports.

Ws get quickest first step in the draft. I'm happy.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-lamelo-ball-jumps-up-to-no-1-selection-by-the-timberwolves-in-first-two-round-mock/

ETA: Edwards may be able to play a backup role right away. He says he can play PG.

'The talk of the town regarding the Bulldogs is freshman guard Anthony Edwards, the No. 2 ranked player in the country per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. The Atlanta native arrived on campus this fall as the highest rated player ever to sign with Georgia in the history of the 247Sports Composite after averaging 25.2 points and 9.6 rebounds per game during his senior year of high school and playing in the McDonald's All-American Game.

At 6-foot-5, Edwards is the size of a shooting guard, but handling the ball is something that he thoroughly enjoys. Edwards said that he considers himself a point guard, and that since arriving on campus, he's worked heavily on his skills at other positions.

"Just learning how to play without the ball," Edwards said when asked what he's picked up so far from his time with Crean and the rest of the Georgia staff. "Cutting, learning how to be a better point guard, watching film more, talking more. Just watching the game more."'

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Georgia-Basketball-Anthony-Edwards-point-guard-137053909/
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,276

Post#945 » by CS707 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:08 pm

I like the idea of taking Edwards and trying to build his value for future trade purposes. Our number 2 pick isn’t worth a whole lot right now but if we find a guy we can feature a little bit for teams to get a better sense of the pro potential we may be able to put together a more desirable package for a bigger fish.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#946 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:13 pm

I doubt Edwards can understand the offense and defense. He seems as dumb as a fence post to me.

And the guy has never helped win a damn thing.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#947 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:30 pm

This one shows some ball handling and shooting skills.

At Memphis Penny had him almost primarily posting up on the block or elbows. It was a forced 90’s style approach where the Memphis guards often forced passes in, sometimes even into a double team. Very predictable.

So at least this video gives you a little bit of things other than just posting up.

Read on Twitter
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#948 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:45 pm

Steph Curry's personal trainer, Brandon Payne, knows a thing or two about basketball.

So who would Payne take with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft if he was Warriors president of basketball operations Bob Myers?

"The guy that really stands out to me is Anthony Edwards," he recently said on the "WarriorsWorld" podcast. "I think Anthony Edwards is outstanding. I think he's a guy that can do a lot of good things. I think he's a guy that can score and defend from Day 1.

"So with that number two pick, if he's there, I think that's your call -- unless you're looking to make a trade."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/steph-currys-trainer-names-player-warriors-no-2-draft-pick
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,882

Post#949 » by whatisacenter » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:58 pm

Little Digger wrote:Steph Curry's personal trainer, Brandon Payne, knows a thing or two about basketball.

So who would Payne take with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft if he was Warriors president of basketball operations Bob Myers?

"The guy that really stands out to me is Anthony Edwards," he recently said on the "WarriorsWorld" podcast. "I think Anthony Edwards is outstanding. I think he's a guy that can do a lot of good things. I think he's a guy that can score and defend from Day 1.

"So with that number two pick, if he's there, I think that's your call -- unless you're looking to make a trade."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/steph-currys-trainer-names-player-warriors-no-2-draft-pick

dude, we need to get you some GPS so we can keep track of you, you're all over the place :lol:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#950 » by Little Digger » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:06 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Steph Curry's personal trainer, Brandon Payne, knows a thing or two about basketball.

dude, we need to get you some GPS so we can keep track of you, you're all over the place :lol:
Just posting what I think are interesting draft perspectives ..has nothing to do with my opinion..

Edwards is an honest lazy bum..much like me..but I would never draft me
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#951 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 am

Mylie10 wrote:I doubt Edwards can understand the offense and defense. He seems as dumb as a fence post to me.

Gawd. I hope this rumor is so the Hornets will trade up. Image

Report: Warriors like Wiseman more than Edwards in draft
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-draft-rumors-warriors-james-wiseman-more-anthony-edwards
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#952 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:18 am

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I doubt Edwards can understand the offense and defense. He seems as dumb as a fence post to me.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-draft-rumors-warriors-james-wiseman-more-anthony-edwards

I’m gonna try and be really respectful to you.

All of these reports don’t really mean anything either way. No respectable organization is going to tell writers and reporters what their plans are.

I appreciate all of the stories you have been posting. I like to read them and I’m sure others do too. But you seem to attach meaning to every link you post.
Khoee wrote “
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#953 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:37 am

Mylie10 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

I’m gonna try and be really respectful to you.

All of these reports don’t really mean anything either way. No respectable organization is going to tell writers and reporters what their plans are.

I appreciate all of the stories you have been posting. I like to read them and I’m sure others do too. But you seem to attach meaning to every link you post.

C'mon this is just fun. Lighten up haha.

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#954 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:43 am

If you guys want my really SERIOUS stuff...

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#955 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:36 am

That said, there is some seriousness to the Wiseman pick...

even though for Warriorsworld fan Ethan Strauss agrees with me. He writes,

"Every day we see another report on whom the Warriors might pick with the No. 2 draft choice in the upcoming NBA Draft. So far, the smartest money appears to be on James Wiseman, he of three career college games played at Memphis. On the Warriors Plus-Minus podcast, the Wiseman momentum is undeniable. At last count, we have Tim Kawakami, Marcus Thompson and Anthony Slater all aboard the James Wiseman Wagon. I am the last holdout, due to my suspicion regarding centers picked near the top of the draft and the underwhelming assessment I gave his lone high-level college game versus Oregon.

But many of those conversations happened prior to the latter stages of the postseason. There have been developments since. Namely, many of us went from assuming ultimate victory for the wing-powered Clippers to seeing Nikola Jokić and his Will Ferrell physique power its way to the Western Conference finals. From there, we saw Anthony Davis ascend even higher, dunking all over the..."

<paywall>

https://theathletic.com/2152775/2020/10/21/warriors-nba-draft-james-wiseman-anthony-davis-nikola-jokic/

"

ImageImage
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#956 » by HiRez » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:39 am

I think I've seen articles claiming that the Warriors "like" or "should draft" every guy in about the top 12 now, from Edwards/Wiseman/Ball to Nesmith. And I get it because all of them have some appeal and could probably help this team in various ways.

When you have at least 5 primary needs to address like we do (interior defense, perimeter defense, size, long range shooting, interior scoring, rebounding, legit backup PG just off the top of my head), you're probably not going to hit all of them in 1 guy. So I suspect even though BPA almost always makes sense, if it's a toss-up between a few guys, who's available on the FA/trade market could factor into the decision of who they draft.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#957 » by ShayDee » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:28 am

Some things that might happen on draft day. Either
1. Timberwolves Pick Ball and trade him to a team, or they keep him to trade later this season or next
2. Timberwolves pick Wiseman for the same reasons as Ball
3. If no trade is pre planned and they do not like Trade down offers, they pick either Toppin, Deni, Ball(To keep)
4. Warriors will Take Ball if he is there to facilitate a preplanned trade regardless of who is on the board
5 If Ball is picked 1. Warriors will pick between Wiseman and Deni to keep or facilitate a trade(for trade down or out)

Edwards is not going top 2 this draft. I'm 95% certain The only way now he goes in top 2 is if something happened with some prospects medicals or He impresses so much in workouts/interviews. As it stand right now I doubt Warriors/Wolves like him as a prospect
JerryWestGold
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#958 » by JerryWestGold » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:49 am

Toppin and Wieserman are the two fits I like. Particularly Defensively. Only drawback for toppin is hes age but hes only 22, and I feel like some ppl look at age way too much.
Toppin really fits with warriors system and he can also play small ball 5.

adding toppin with wiggins, boom just added much more altheticism, and not a net negative on D.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#959 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:08 am

Reports report that it's been reported from a source that...
Wiseman is the pick...cause he's the next freaky dominant big man!
Toppin is the pick.
Edwards is really the guy.
Warriors get Giannis...umm..or Beal.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#960 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:00 am

ShayDee wrote:Some things that might happen on draft day. Either
1. Timberwolves Pick Ball and trade him to a team, or they keep him to trade later this season or next
2. Timberwolves pick Wiseman for the same reasons as Ball
3. If no trade is pre planned and they do not like Trade down offers, they pick either Toppin, Deni, Ball(To keep)
4. Warriors will Take Ball if he is there to facilitate a preplanned trade regardless of who is on the board
5 If Ball is picked 1. Warriors will pick between Wiseman and Deni to keep or facilitate a trade(for trade down or out)

Edwards is not going top 2 this draft. I'm 95% certain The only way now he goes in top 2 is if something happened with some prospects medicals or He impresses so much in workouts/interviews. As it stand right now I doubt Warriors/Wolves like him as a prospect

Do you still think a team will trade a vet and their pick to move up in this weak draft? I think the thinking is now is to trade up if need be, but don't give up too much for it. Thus, the Ws and TWolves will probably have to pick who they think is BPA and it's not a given except for the consensus top three -- LaMelo, AntMan, and, JW. I think it's okay if the Ws take someone a little lower like Vassell if they really like him. If the Knicks do make an offer, then they won't offer someone like Robinson.

ImageImage

Return to Golden State Warriors