Warriors mini camp

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Re: Warriors mini camp 

Post#161 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:19 am

he won't be able to play defense unless he ditches the John Stockton shorts
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#162 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:49 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:he won't be able to play defense unless he ditches the John Stockton shorts

The shorter the shorts, the better defender you are, these are facts.

I’d be wearing nothing but speedos on court if I were in the NBA.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#163 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Mylie10 wrote:If Poole comes out of the gate playing defense, then we can all rejoice. Because his offensive game will be fine.

I’d prefer if he puts most of his practice work into being a good defender. That would pay huge dividends.

He’s athletic enough to do it. No reason he can’t.

I got to see a video a few years ago of Adams running defensive drills and it was pretty amazing watching him disect where every player was as the plays went and going and instructing every player on foot and hand placement at every point. His vision and level of coaching are special. I know he was at the Dubble some but I do wonder how much influence he's having and how they are going to replace him.

Haven't seen Collins coaching much other than post play, but he's the guy who is supposed to be taking over for Adams.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#164 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:he won't be able to play defense unless he ditches the John Stockton shorts

The shorter the shorts, the better defender you are, these are facts.

I’d be wearing nothing but speedos on court if I were in the NBA.

Just a sock for me. And an advantage on offense because the guy defending me won't even touch me.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#165 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:If Poole comes out of the gate playing defense, then we can all rejoice. Because his offensive game will be fine.

I’d prefer if he puts most of his practice work into being a good defender. That would pay huge dividends.

He’s athletic enough to do it. No reason he can’t.

I got to see a video a few years ago of Adams running defensive drills and it was pretty amazing watching him disect where every player was as the plays went and going and instructing every player on foot and hand placement at every point. His vision and level of coaching are special. I know he was at the Dubble some but I do wonder how much influence he's having and how they are going to replace him.

Haven't seen Collins coaching much other than post play, but he's the guy who is supposed to be taking over for Adams.

So right now Collins helps put together their opposing team defensive scouting report and game plan. He consults with Adams, but since Adams doesn’t travel with the team anymore, it’s fallen on Collins to get that done.

Adams is still actively involved at home, but not for games, just practices and of course camps. There’s no replacing a guru.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors