ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors mini camp

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Re: Warriors mini camp 

Post#41 » by B-King » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:31 am

Good that we can see parts of the team run again. It might give the FO more time to evaluate our current roster and go from there.

I don't know if a lighter Looney makes a positive difference. Now that he plays as a small 5, being that light will make it easier for the legit centers to bully ball him down low. He wasn't a stretch 5 with a diverse game and skill set. His best ability is to be just fast enough to get in the way of the opposing player. My personal nickname for Looney is "Lurch" and I give him a world of credit of becoming relevant because he had bust written all over him.

Simmons will be interesting to watch, as he had a great short run at SA. He got lowballed, ended up in the black hole of Orlando and then flushed out to the G League. I find it hard to believe that he doesn't have a spot in the league.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#42 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:49 am

The good thing about a healthy Looney is his instincts. He’s usually in the right spots, inside and out on the perimeter.

People also forget his wingspan is 7’6” and that affects passing lanes. I think being lighter will help him a ton.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#43 » by whatisacenter » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:10 am

Wait, are these scrimmages streaming or something?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#44 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:40 pm

B-King wrote:Good that we can see parts of the team run again. It might give the FO more time to evaluate our current roster and go from there.

I don't know if a lighter Looney makes a positive difference. Now that he plays as a small 5, being that light will make it easier for the legit centers to bully ball him down low. He wasn't a stretch 5 with a diverse game and skill set. His best ability is to be just fast enough to get in the way of the opposing player. My personal nickname for Looney is "Lurch" and I give him a world of credit of becoming relevant because he had bust written all over him.

Simmons will be interesting to watch, as he had a great short run at SA. He got lowballed, ended up in the black hole of Orlando and then flushed out to the G League. I find it hard to believe that he doesn't have a spot in the league.

Sad we didn't get to see Looney stretch out his skillset during our lost year. He made a three on opening night. All indications seemed to be that he was going to shoot the 3 this year. We'll see how he deals with the weight loss. I think he's broad enough that he won't get bullied by most C's in this league. Jokic and Embiid would probably give him hell, but there's maybe 2 or 3 defenders on the planet that can handle them and not get their asses handed to them. I like the Lurch nickname. Totally fits the way he moves -- arthritic, lethargic, and hilariously purposeful. Reminds me a lot of Horford in that regard. Similar body types, similar size, similar absence of explosive athleticism, but tons of smarts.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#45 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:40 pm

Great to see Looney dropping some weight.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#46 » by B-King » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
B-King wrote:Good that we can see parts of the team run again. It might give the FO more time to evaluate our current roster and go from there.

Sad we didn't get to see Looney stretch out his skillset during our lost year. He made a three on opening night. All indications seemed to be that he was going to shoot the 3 this year. We'll see how he deals with the weight loss. I think he's broad enough that he won't get bullied by most C's in this league. Jokic and Embiid would probably give him hell, but there's maybe 2 or 3 defenders on the planet that can handle them and not get their asses handed to them. I like the Lurch nickname. Totally fits the way he moves -- arthritic, lethargic, and hilariously purposeful. Reminds me a lot of Horford in that regard. Similar body types, similar size, similar absence of explosive athleticism, but tons of smarts.

It really is amazing given the expectations when he was drafted to be a 3 or stretch 4. He was stiff, not extremely athletic and a little slow. I was ready to move on after year 2 with him and for him to redevelop himself to a 5, playing important minutes is a testament to him and his work ethics.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 454

Post#47 » by Swift21 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#48 » by Coxy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Swift21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Excellent. He seems like such a good guy, would be such a feel good story if he had a full healthy season of 70+ impactful games.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#49 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Kevon....love to see him extend his run with Warriors. We've not seen the best of him so it bodes well.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#50 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:19 am

Steve Kerr on Marquese Chriss: "I think he’s established himself with us, he's comfortable now with our team and our coaching staff in this environment. ...

"We have high hopes for him. We are trying to push him because we feel like he can get a lot better."
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 787

Post#52 » by vagelis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:35 am

Steve Kerr on Wiggins "Andrew’s been great. He’s in fantastic shape. I think he’s one of those guys who it’s almost impossible to fall out of shape — just the way he’s built and the type of athlete he is. I went and saw him in LA a couple of months back with Rick and Seth Cooper, and we watched him train. He’s training really hard during the pandemic, so it’s no surprise that he’s come in the first few days and just looked like it’s midseason. I asked him yesterday if he was sore, and he looked at me like I was crazy."

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/25/steve-kerr-says-andrew-wiggins-is-in-fantastic-shape-for-warriors-offseason-minicamp/
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 454

Post#53 » by Swift21 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:39 am

Little Digger wrote:Steve Kerr on Marquese Chriss: "I think he’s established himself with us, he's comfortable now with our team and our coaching staff in this environment. ...

"We have high hopes for him. We are trying to push him because we feel like he can get a lot better."

Feed him hundreds of hours of film on Bam's defense.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#54 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mylie10 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:34 pm

I wonder if Smiley can find a way into the back end of the rotation this year. If he can mature a bit, I really like his overall skill set. Just needs to play under control.

Fingers crossed.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#56 » by Money_ » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:43 pm

Just want to shut down a Lebron led Fakers team while the Dubs are at full strength so we can put to bed all this "goat" nonsense narrative. Great player but needs to be knocked down a few notches in his fanboy's heads...
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#57 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:30 pm

LESSSSSGOOOOOOO

oh wait, the season doesn't start for 4 months

@#$% everything
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:27 am

Is seriously watch a long video of Klay putting up shots. Or maybe them just all playing pick up. Let’s get some actual coverage for us nerds.
Khoee wrote “
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#59 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 am

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Love to see this. He's not wrong. He made a few passes in the first game of the season that made my jaw drop. He's the most creative passer we've had at the center position since Bogut. Not many guys in the league have the moxie or skill to do one-hand dribble hand offs where you dump the ball between your legs off of a live dribble. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Chriss averaged around 5 assists a game per 36 next year. The question is whether or not he'll start.

But I do hope his defense improves as well. He had moments that were impressive. He has really good body control and doesn't make a lot of clumsy mistakes, but he does make the occasional dumb mistake where he gets his read wrong. If he cleans that up a bit and bulks up some for the big boys, we're in business.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#60 » by Little Digger » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Steve Kerr expects Wiggins to start at small forward but play some power forward next season.

"There's a very good chance you'll see Andrew at the 4 and Draymond at the 5, and a lot of spacing."

——-

Andrew Wiggins woke up with some neck stiffness and didn't practice today, according to Steve Kerr. Doesn't sound serious.

—-

Warriors did a few quick scrimmages today and Saturday. Andrew Wiggins and Eric Paschall were out of practice today. Klay Thompson practiced but did not scrimmage (focusing on one-on-one work).

Return to Golden State Warriors