Los Angeles Lakers
36%

Total votes: 28

svart
Analyst
And1: 3,388

Re: NBA Finals - Lakers V Miami 

Post#21 » by svart » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:48 pm

I picked Lakers, but i am rooting hard for Miami, i would love to see Riley laughing in LeBron's face.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#22 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:24 pm

My Dream is for Herro to hoist the Trophy and then TNT cuts to the Laker locker room and Lebron weeping at his locker.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#23 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:59 pm

You can only beat the Lakers if you get an early 10+ point lead and fight like hell in the 4th quarter to maintain that lead.

If it's a close game in crunch time, Lakers will always have the advantage. They'll get all the calls, and on defense the refs will let LeBron get as physical as he wants. You saw what happened with Denver, Lebron was hounding Murray like crazy with no whistles.

Good thing Miami has shooters and a big man who can score inside. Gives them a better chance at getting big leads early on, they just can't wait until the 4th quarter to go on runs because the refs won't allow that against the Lakers. Go for the big lead early, enter the 4th with a 8+ point lead, and try to withstand the Lakers 4th quarter rallies without getting in too much foul trouble.
#DubNation
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#24 » by Onus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:45 pm

We’ll see if the heat zone can slow down the Lakers inside game. If they can limit the lakers points in the paint they have a shot but they’re extremely small.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#25 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:03 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:I think the Heat will have to play a Leonard to start games. I don’t see Crowder being able to defend Davis at all, just look at what he did to PJ Tucker. If the Heat don’t match Bam up with AD it will be a quick series.

The Heat need to match Jimmy and and Bam up with LeBron and AD and just go for it. Probably the biggest reason the Heat have a shot is the perimeter defensive rotation of Butler, Crowder, and Iggy they can throw at LeBron.

Herro will have to have a monster series.

I'm not sure Leonard has played since the bubble started. Spoelstra changed the starting lineup once they got into the bubble. I don't see any reason they'd change their lineup. Just have Crowder play free safety on defense on Howard/McGee and stick Bam on AD. I don't think there's any scenario in which Spoelstra starts games with Crowder on AD so I'm not sure why you'd be worried about that.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#26 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Mentioned on the Heat board that I fully expect Iggy to step up his defensive intensity now that it's the Finals. He's obviously not stopping LeBron, but Iggy can be a huge factor in defending LA's supporting cast.

In the past with GSW, Iggy would coast the regular season, then step up his intensity in the Finals. It's how he's been able to maximize and extend his effectiveness despite his age. And this season he's had a lot of rest in the regular season while with Memphis, so he should be able to turn it up now that we're in the last series of the year.
#DubNation
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#27 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:49 pm

I picked the Lakers because it's 2020 and there's no chance something good will happen
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#28 » by Little Digger » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:37 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I picked the Lakers because it's 2020 and there's no chance something good will happen

That’s a HOF post :bowdown: ..congrats
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#29 » by jason bourne » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:44 pm

I got Lakers and AD for FMVP.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#30 » by cdubbz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:59 pm

Heat in 7.

Miami has depth at all positions, but lacks true firepower unless the role players get rolling.

Bam, Olynik, Meyers to rotate against AD and Howard’s size. I can see Spo going deep in case Bam gets 2 early fouls
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#31 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Coxy wrote:If any Warrior fans supports the Lakers to win, over Iggy's Heat, you deserve to be nut punched.

Depends what you mean by "support". I think the Lakers are likely to win, but I would LOVE to be wrong and see Miami win. In particular, I continue to think the Lakers are very top heavy/brittle. An injury or a bad series for either of LBJ or AD and the entire story changes.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:50 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:I think the Heat will have to play a Leonard to start games. I don’t see Crowder being able to defend Davis at all, just look at what he did to PJ Tucker. If the Heat don’t match Bam up with AD it will be a quick series.

The Heat need to match Jimmy and and Bam up with LeBron and AD and just go for it. Probably the biggest reason the Heat have a shot is the perimeter defensive rotation of Butler, Crowder, and Iggy they can throw at LeBron.

I'm not sure Leonard has played since the bubble started. Spoelstra changed the starting lineup once they got into the bubble. I don't see any reason they'd change their lineup. Just have Crowder play free safety on defense on Howard/McGee and stick Bam on AD. I don't think there's any scenario in which Spoelstra starts games with Crowder on AD so I'm not sure why you'd be worried about that.

I think Leonard played a couple a games before the playoffs got started. I love that he has been such a rah rah good team mate.

He was really good in the regular season before Covid and the Iggy Crowder deal went down. I think he was leading the league in 3 point percentage for quite some time this season.

Once the deal was made with Memphis, they went full defense and versatility. That left Leonard out. But he played well and impressed.

He’s be a nice shooting piece, but his defense isn’t much to speak of and he spends a ton of time way out on the wings.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 pm

The Lakers could really use Avery Bradley and Is bet Lebron took him off the Christmas card list lol

But with Dragic, Jimmy, Herro etc. they could use Bradley’s defense and three point shooting.
Khoee wrote “
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#34 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

I think Leonard played a couple a games before the playoffs got started. I love that he has been such a rah rah good team mate.

He was really good in the regular season before Covid and the Iggy Crowder deal went down. I think he was leading the league in 3 point percentage for quite some time this season.

Once the deal was made with Memphis, they went full defense and versatility. That left Leonard out. But he played well and impressed.

He’s be a nice shooting piece, but his defense isn’t much to speak of and he spends a ton of time way out on the wings.

Looked it up and he's only played three times since Feb. 5. One of those games Udonis Haslem started! Wild. I do like Leonard, just don't think he'll get brushed off against the Lakers. But I think he'd be a nice FA get, especially if we keep Wiggins.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:13 pm

Would have to be a minimum contract for him. He can’t stay on the floor even though he rebounds ok and shoots a career 39% from 3.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#36 » by Coxy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:50 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
Coxy wrote:If any Warrior fans supports the Lakers to win, over Iggy's Heat, you deserve to be nut punched.

Depends what you mean by "support". I think the Lakers are likely to win, but I would LOVE to be wrong and see Miami win. In particular, I continue to think the Lakers are very top heavy/brittle. An injury or a bad series for either of LBJ or AD and the entire story changes.

I think the Lakers win handli, but supporting the Heat 100%.

So much to like about this Miami team, squad and management. Basketball would be the winner if they knock of the Lakers. Sort of like the young 2015 Warriors title team.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Chemistry
Shooting
Defense

Great balance with the Heat. The Laker guards will have their hands full.

The Heat bigs will have their hands full. Lucky for the Heat they have the best defensive big man in the league.

Just dying to see Lebron crushed.
Khoee wrote “
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#38 » by HiRez » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm

If the refs let LeBron clear everyone out with his arm like they usually do, the Heat don't have a chance. That plus they have to play just about a perfect game in every way. I really like the construction of this Heat team though. Would love to see them win but the refs and league probably have it in the bag for the Lakers, they really want to see LeBron and AD live up to all the marketing potential. Not that they aren't great players and couldn't win without the refs, but the scales will be tipped and if you think otherwise you haven't been paying attention.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#39 » by DAWill1128 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 pm

It will be a tall task if the Heat don't play Leonard. Howard and AD have been a handful for every team, they found ways to get Nurkic and Jokic consistently into early foul trouble and they pummeled smaller guys like PJ Tucker.

I loved watching Jokic play, such a unique game but he would be 3 fouls deep to start every 1st quarter in the series so Denver was always playing from behind. Nurkic played great but even he was basically in such bad foul shape they wouldn't let him even try to defend anyone.

If the Lakers keep up with the theme and get Bam into early foul trouble consistently it will leave the Heat looking like the Rockets, just a bunch of small guys trying not get pummeled inside.

You know LeBrons patent run as hard into a guy as you can and get the foul call will work all series. At this stage he doesn't even bother trying to get around his defender or throw his hands in the air like Harden, he just tucks it like Jerome Bettis on the goal line.

I worry next year just about having enough big bodies to keep Dray out of foul trouble against these guys. I actually hope we can get Howard, guys as strong as an ox and never gets pushed off his spot. Him and Dray could really hold down the paint on D. Actually if we got Howard I guarantee we would beat the Lakers just because we would have enough size to be able to focus on out shooting these guys in a series.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm

They’ll play Olynyk before they put Leonard out there again. Olynyk is dirty tough and can really shoot too. They need someone to hard foul Lebron
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors