ImageImageImageImageImage

No Draymond....Warriors would be heck a soft...

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 1,946

No Draymond....Warriors would be heck a soft... 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:36 am

Curry, Klay...wimps...sorry lol. Draymond MUST be on this team. Draymond...not Curry...not Klay...is the guy that steps up to other alpha's like Lebron and says "this is my court biatch".

Warriors absolutely need that junk yard dog and the guy that plays his best in the biggest of games. Game 7 years ago against Clippers with CP3....Draymond stepped up. He was hitting timely threes....not Curry.... Time and time again it's Draymond that shows up and makes the big plays....defensively especially.

Forget trading Draymond. Warriors do that and we are soft...soft...soft. Unless it Giannis....losing Draymond and Warriors will never be the same.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Re: No Draymond....Warriors would be heck a soft... 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:11 am

We need more dogs as well. It shouldn't start and stop with Draybeast.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
Scoots1994
Starter
And1: 256

Post#3 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:57 pm

Curry and Klay have some dog in them for sure, they are just a different kind of dog from Draymond.
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,127

Post#4 » by Little Digger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:20 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/what-mark-jackson-told-draymond-green-right-after-warriors-drafted-him

"So when you go into these NBA organizations, they immediately want you to be who they want you to be," Draymond told Cari Champion on "The Brownprint" podcast. "I didn't want to be who they wanted me to be.

"And I also had a coach in Mark Jackson who told me from the very beginning, 'Listen, I want you to come here as the same Draymond I've been watching on TV for years. I want you to be an animal, be a dog and be a leader. I don't care who is in front of you, I don't care who has more money than you, who has more status in the league than you -- I want you to come in and be the same leader that you've been your whole life.'

"And I'm forever thankful for Mark Jackson because to hear that from your head coach as a second-round pick, it's almost like a stamp of approval. And I think a lot of guys don't necessarily get that coming into the league. I was very fortunate to have Mark Jackson tell me that from the very beginning."

Now, let's circle back to late June 2012 real quick.

"So when I stepped off the plane, I was coming in like, 'F--k ya'll. I'm here to get a spot. I'm here to help this team win,' because they were some f--king losers," the three-time NBA champion said. "I had never lost in my life. So I came in talking s--t to everybody. I came in trying to get as many minutes as I possibly can.

"I wanted to come in and try to change the mentality of this organization that had been getting their f--king heads cracked for years on end."

"David Lee was in front of me -- David Lee was a great vet to me by the way, I love D-Lee to this day. But when we're in practice, I'm trying to take David Lee's head off," Draymond told Champion. " 'You're an All-Star. I'm sorry -- but you're in my way. I need that spot.'

"And I'm never gonna go about it in a way of trying to hurt you. Or I'm on the bench and I'm not cheering for you. I would never do that. But to me, it just felt like he was in my way. What do I have to do to move you out of my way? That was always my mindset.

"Am I saying that I'm the person that changed this organization and made them win? No, but I think I definitely had a hand in that."
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 1,946

Post#5 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Little Digger wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/what-mark-jackson-told-draymond-green-right-after-warriors-drafted-him

"So when you go into these NBA organizations, they immediately want you to be who they want you to be," Draymond told Cari Champion on "The Brownprint" podcast. "I didn't want to be who they wanted me to be.

"And I also had a coach in Mark Jackson who told me from the very beginning, 'Listen, I want you to come here as the same Draymond I've been watching on TV for years. I want you to be an animal, be a dog and be a leader. I don't care who is in front of you, I don't care who has more money than you, who has more status in the league than you -- I want you to come in and be the same leader that you've been your whole life.'

"And I'm forever thankful for Mark Jackson because to hear that from your head coach as a second-round pick, it's almost like a stamp of approval. And I think a lot of guys don't necessarily get that coming into the league. I was very fortunate to have Mark Jackson tell me that from the very beginning."

Now, let's circle back to late June 2012 real quick.

"So when I stepped off the plane, I was coming in like, 'F--k ya'll. I'm here to get a spot. I'm here to help this team win,' because they were some f--king losers," the three-time NBA champion said. "I had never lost in my life. So I came in talking s--t to everybody. I came in trying to get as many minutes as I possibly can.

"I wanted to come in and try to change the mentality of this organization that had been getting their f--king heads cracked for years on end."

"David Lee was in front of me -- David Lee was a great vet to me by the way, I love D-Lee to this day. But when we're in practice, I'm trying to take David Lee's head off," Draymond told Champion. " 'You're an All-Star. I'm sorry -- but you're in my way. I need that spot.'

"And I'm never gonna go about it in a way of trying to hurt you. Or I'm on the bench and I'm not cheering for you. I would never do that. But to me, it just felt like he was in my way. What do I have to do to move you out of my way? That was always my mindset.

"Am I saying that I'm the person that changed this organization and made them win? No, but I think I definitely had a hand in that."

Thanks for sharing.

Was it Draymond or Mark Jackson that made the Warriors tuff? I guess it was sort of both. But the delineation between the David Lee Warriors and the Draymond Green warriors is super clear.

This is why Warriors can't move Draymond UNLESS it's for Giannis....or that level of size and energy. Warriors are a highly skilled team without much dog in them with Draymond.

And btw...Draymond is twice the player Bam O is....and honestly if you don't see that then you don't really know what a leader and fighter can mean to you in winning NBA championships.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,127

Post#6 » by Little Digger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Then I don’t know sh*t about hoops..I can deal with
It
Love me some Bam13

Heat-Warriors Finals in 2021..meant to be..will be the most beautiful NBA basketball ever played
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Scoots1994
Starter
And1: 256

Post#7 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 pm

I think that perfectly illustrates one of Mark Jackson's few strengths. He is really good at encouraging and nurturing the confidence of young players. The only other thing he's good at is talking to a camera.

Return to Golden State Warriors