Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Re: Kerr: “Right now, we're not big enough or athletic enough 

Post#61 » by northoakland510 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:20 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:The best thing about Bogut was the ability to erase a drive. It puts the fear into drivers. They hate getting blocked or changed and it stops them from going into the lane all the time.

Our team now allows guys to drive the lane at will. We can’t rely on Draymond to protect the lane against al the length in the league.

We need legit athletic length to at least provide some resistance. This ain’t Rocket Science.
I agree. The team doesn't need guys that can play the 3 and the 4. The team needs legit 7 foot athletes out there.

The team ALSO needs guys who can play the 3. Right now the Warriors 3 spot is Wigging and JTA and that is it.

I can agree with that. I just think it should be had in the free agent market or with the 2nd round picks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#62 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:16 am

It’s not either or. It’s not big versus small forward. We need both. We need length at the 3 and length at the 5.

But we don’t have the 5 on the roster yet. It’s vital to have the shot blocking.

I’m sure they also have plans for adding more at the wings. The league really is trending towards three wings and two bigs. So just get as much length as you can.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#63 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 am

In general rookies can't play, especially rookies without college experience.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#64 » by Little Digger » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:21 am

Marvin Bagley and the #12 overall for the Warriors #2 overall

Bagley racked up 20 points and 17 rebounds against the Warriors on Nov. 24, 2018, and registered 28 points and 14 rebounds at Oracle Arena on Feb. 21, 2019.

"He’s obviously been playing well as of late and showing why he is a top draft pick, so they got a good one there," Warriors superstar Steph Curry said of Bagley after the latter performance.

Coming away with Bagley and Pat Williams for the #2 pick? Could be the move to make for the warriors if they think Bagley’s injuries are just bad luck ..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#65 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Little Digger wrote:Marvin Bagley and the #12 overall for the Warriors #2 overall

Bagley racked up 20 points and 17 rebounds against the Warriors on Nov. 24, 2018, and registered 28 points and 14 rebounds at Oracle Arena on Feb. 21, 2019.

"He’s obviously been playing well as of late and showing why he is a top draft pick, so they got a good one there," Warriors superstar Steph Curry said of Bagley after the latter performance.

Coming away with Bagley and Pat Williams for the #2 pick? Could be the move to make for the warriors if they think Bagley’s injuries are just bad luck ..

Zoinks! This would make me so happy.

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#66 » by HiRez » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Little Digger wrote:Marvin Bagley and the #12 overall for the Warriors #2 overall

#12 is a bit too low for me in this draft where there's a pretty clear drop-off from the top 10-ish guys. I doubt Williams is going to be there at #12. Yeah, you can get a Desmond Bane there, but you can probably get him in the #20-#25 range too. It's possible Williams will be there, maybe someone like Nesmith or even Vassell, but you can't count on any of them being available there.

Plus it's hard to believe Sacramento is ready to move on from Bagley this soon.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#67 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Well with a new GM, maybe they would move on after his injury history.

He's only played 75 games in his two season, only 13 this season.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#68 » by xdrta+ » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:14 pm

wco81 wrote:Well with a new GM, maybe they would move on after his injury history.

He's only played 75 games in his two season, only 13 this season.

A good reason to stay away from him.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#69 » by Mav_Carter » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:50 pm

Andrew Wiggins for Andre Drummond...
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#70 » by Mav_Carter » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:52 pm

and then trade the #2 to the Kings for the #12 and the Black Falcon...
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#71 » by Quazza » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:51 am

have watched Bagley a lot and to me he's as talented (if not more ) than anyone in this draft. He has a crazy second leap. Gets off the floor super quick. I'd love him to be a Warrior

that said, he appears be made of Kleenex. We'ds need to be 1000% certain our medical team can get him right
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#72 » by ClutchUp » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:29 am

Quazza wrote:

have watched Bagley a lot and to me he's as talented (if not more ) than anyone in this draft. He has a crazy second leap. Gets off the floor super quick. I'd love him to be a Warrior

that said, he appears be made of Kleenex. We'ds need to be 1000% certain our medical team can get him right

Yeah the injuries with Bagley are concerning.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#73 » by tarantism » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:11 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
Quazza wrote:

He needs to get stronger. Bagley is still young and hasn't grown into his body. That being said, outside of being crazy athletic Bagley isn't much of a rim protector.

I don't see how the obvious answer here isn't Turner. He fits perfectly, is available, his salary fits within the TPE and he is heading into his prime so he can play and make us better right away. He blocks shots, has size and athleticism and can stretch the floor on offense.

Klay/Dray/Turner is a nice three level defensive trio and allows us to use Dray as more of a flex defender who can guard bigger wings while Turner mans the paint. This also helps us avoid having Wiggins defend the other team's best wing. I think he is under contract until at least 21-22 and could be used to acquire a true star down the road.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,254

Post#74 » by Onus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm

tarantism wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:
Quazza wrote:

He needs to get stronger. Bagley is still young and hasn't grown into his body. That being said, outside of being crazy athletic Bagley isn't much of a rim protector.

I don't see how the obvious answer here isn't Turner. He fits perfectly, is available, his salary fits within the TPE and he is heading into his prime so he can play and make us better right away. He blocks shots, has size and athleticism and can stretch the floor on offense.

Klay/Dray/Turner is a nice three level defensive trio and allows us to use Dray as more of a flex defender who can guard bigger wings while Turner mans the paint. This also helps us avoid having Wiggins defend the other team's best wing. I think he is under contract until at least 21-22 and could be used to acquire a true star down the road.

Wiggins is going to be our best iso defender
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#75 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Just saw this on another forum;

“Vecenie dropped a new mock today. Nothing really new. They like Haliburton if they trade down, has Wiseman at two but mainly cause he’s the most likely guy for a team to trade up for:

VECENIE:
I’ve slid Wiseman up to No. 2, not because I think the Warriors are necessarily likely to take him, but rather because I think he’s the most likely target for a team in a trade. Having talked to sources who have seen Wiseman work out in Miami, there is some real enthusiasm about his play. He’s looked dominant in workouts and in the runs with other high-level NBA Draft prospects.A lot of executives I’ve spoken with actually consider Wiseman to be among the safer players in the draft. Simply put, few executives doubt that his size, length, athleticism will translate into being a starting quality NBA center. There the disagreement comes is whether or not he has star upside, something that is necessary for a team to be willing to take a center at the top of the draft in today’s day and age. Some think his defensive ability on the interior does bring that kind of upside. Others are less convinced. Ultimately though, I do think Wiseman is more likely to go somewhere in the top-five than just about any other prospect.”
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#76 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm

He’s looked dominant in workouts and in the runs with other high level NBA draft prospects.
Khoee wrote “
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#77 » by northoakland510 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:26 pm

Mylie10 wrote:He’s looked dominant in workouts and in the runs with other high level NBA draft prospects.

Man that is great to hear.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#78 » by whatisacenter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 pm

northoakland510 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:He’s looked dominant in workouts and in the runs with other high level NBA draft prospects.

Man that is great to hear.

Would really like to see who is on that list...
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#79 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Bottom line is that Wiseman gives our center rotation the finishing piece. That’s four guys to throw at Anthony Davis including Draymond.

Plus Wiseman has the huge upside. We can contend for a title with him as a rookie and continue the contention as he gets better and better.

To me it’s a no brainer.
Khoee wrote “
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#80 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:37 pm

None of whom are centers.

I'm not against Wiseman to the Warriors, but this quote is really just saying several NBA execs supposedly think his floor is functional NBA player.

Return to Golden State Warriors