ImageImageImageImageImage

What we are lacking

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: What we are lacking 

Post#41 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Mylie10 wrote:To me the real key is defensive FG%. You get top five or ten in that category and you’re doing something.

Of course to do that you need Iguodala and guys like him to guard on the perimeter. We can rebound as a unit if we have to.

And having long intimidating shot blocking types certainly helps.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: What we are lacking 

Post#42 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:26 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:To me the real key is defensive FG%. You get top five or ten in that category and you’re doing something.

Of course to do that you need Iguodala and guys like him to guard on the perimeter. We can rebound as a unit if we have to.

And having long intimidating shot blocking types certainly helps.

Exactly.

And what we lack is size and length at every position. This was something that Jerry West found very important. That’s why he was so adamant about Klay Thompson as a shooting guard. And what Draymond lacks in size, he makes up for in length and being able to guard all five positions.

So when we look at adding to this mix, we are sorely lacking. Looney is fine, because his wingspan is 7’5”, and he’s shown he can pick up a guard on the perimeter and not get toasted.

One thing I want to do at back up shooting guard is being back Robinson. He’s cheap and he has good size for a two. However, most of his career he gets thrown out there at the 3. He has just ok size for a 3, but at the two, he can be a mismatch is our favor.

We lost tons of length with Iguodala, Durant, and Livingston all gone. Obviously we aren’t replacing them, but size and length have to be part of the equation moving forward.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors