ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

HiRez
General Manager
Posts: 9,466
And1: 2,023
Joined: Dec 29, 2011

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#161 » by HiRez » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:Rumors about Harden are starting to spread. Would you guys go for it?
As much as I don't like him, he's by far the best player we could get and would guarantee the contending status.


God....I feel dirty considering having him on the team :(

But it would make some sense with the loss of Klay....

Curry, Harden, Wiggins, Green

The trade would probably be Wiseman, Oubre and picks.

Eh...not super excited to bring him into our world.

“If you can’t beat them, join them.” ... worked for KD ...

I would hate it but that’s a first ballot HOF backcourt, jeez.
Commodor
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,590
And1: 192
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#162 » by Commodor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 am

I think if GSW offers anything for Harden it’s:

Wiggins, Oubre, MIN pick

For

Harden, Gordon, Tucker

Not a very flashy offer for HOU, but it’s 2 young pieces and a prime pick while offloading a lot of older contract. Oubre is easily moveable if need be.

I wouldn’t want harden on the team personally, but my offer if I was bob.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,513
And1: 500
Joined: Jun 19, 2012
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#163 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 am

Commodor wrote:I think if GSW offers anything for Harden it’s:

Wiggins, Oubre, MIN pick

For

Harden, Gordon, Tucker

Not a very flashy offer for HOU, but it’s 2 young pieces and a prime pick while offloading a lot of older contract. Oubre is easily moveable if need be.

I wouldn’t want harden on the team personally, but my offer if I was bob.


What an awkward trade
All I want for Christmas is #FullSquad
Dom801e
Sophomore
Posts: 221
And1: 72
Joined: Jul 05, 2016

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#164 » by Dom801e » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:21 pm

Atlanta seems to have too many guys that justify playing time. I wonder if there is a trade that would work with them.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 40,517
And1: 10,138
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#165 » by Coxy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:28 pm

Dom801e wrote:Atlanta seems to have too many guys that justify playing time. I wonder if there is a trade that would work with them.


Crazy depth. Something has to give there, they can't all play.
nedleeds wrote:Wait until you get ahold of LiAngelo, his oratory skills will make LaMelo look like James Earl Jones.
User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,283
And1: 1,344
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#166 » by Quazza » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:06 am

that Reddish Dunn combo will give teams fits defensively, dam
KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,482
And1: 4,172
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#167 » by wco81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:28 am

I think both the Atlanta GM and coach are under pressure to make the playoffs or else.
Dom801e
Sophomore
Posts: 221
And1: 72
Joined: Jul 05, 2016

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#168 » by Dom801e » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:55 am

Any interest in Grayson Allen or too similar to Lee? He may be available.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,595
And1: 8,984
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#169 » by Mylie10 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:58 am

More athletic than Lee for sure. But he’s a way bigger a hole. So locker room might be affected
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,513
And1: 500
Joined: Jun 19, 2012
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#170 » by InWestWeTrust » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:47 am

Mylie10 wrote:More athletic than Lee for sure. But he’s a way bigger a hole. So locker room might be affected


That kid is a female dog

I like tough players but he's a punk. Fake tough.
All I want for Christmas is #FullSquad
Ilovethebay
Junior
Posts: 386
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 08, 2012
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#171 » by Ilovethebay » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 am

If this season gets off to a good start, I could see Oubre (unless he absolutely kills it) being moved before the trade deadline. He's really the only sizable/movable contract we have to dangle. It helps that he's an expiring too. This roster could definitely use a little bit of balancing. Its starting to make more sense that they used this TPE for somebody. The rest of the contracts are too small to matter. And the others are too big or not desirable enough (Wiggins,Draymond) to other teams.
Phase 3
Starter
Posts: 2,330
And1: 676
Joined: Dec 14, 2013
Location: Bay Area
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#172 » by Phase 3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 am

Ilovethebay wrote:If this season gets off to a good start, I could see Oubre (unless he absolutely kills it) being moved before the trade deadline. He's really the only sizable/movable contract we have to dangle. It helps that he's an expiring too. This roster could definitely use a little bit of balancing. Its starting to make more sense that they used this TPE for somebody. The rest of the contracts are too small to matter. And the others are too big or not desirable enough (Wiggins,Draymond) to other teams.

Listened to a Warriors podcast with the guys from the Athletic. They said this will be the year for the Warriors to evaluate Oubre and Wiggins...

They seemed to think that whoever plays better probably sticks around and the other guy they’ll let go(or trade). That makes sense because Oubre will be a free agent and they made it sound like the Warriors don’t want to pay both Oubre and Wiggins big money in the long term....which I totally understand.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 40,517
And1: 10,138
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#173 » by Coxy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:01 am

Quazza wrote:that Reddish Dunn combo will give teams fits defensively, dam


Your avatar :rofl2:
nedleeds wrote:Wait until you get ahold of LiAngelo, his oratory skills will make LaMelo look like James Earl Jones.
User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,283
And1: 1,344
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#174 » by Quazza » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 am

Coxy wrote:
Quazza wrote:that Reddish Dunn combo will give teams fits defensively, dam


Your avatar :rofl2:


Haha it took some fkn work but made it happen.

Worth it
KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
User avatar
James Gatz
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 487
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#175 » by James Gatz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Hey Warrior Fans,

Having a little discussion about Terry Rozier on the Hornets forum. Do agree or disagree with the idea you'd give us a 1st for Rozier? Assuming you still had the TPE and Rozier fit into it? Let me know!

316Hornets wrote:Warriors or Clippers will give us a 1st for Rozier
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 692
And1: 113
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#176 » by ShayDee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:29 pm

James Gatz wrote:Hey Warrior Fans,

Having a little discussion about Terry Rozier on the Hornets forum. Do agree or disagree with the idea you'd give us a 1st for Rozier? Assuming you still had the TPE and Rozier fit into it? Let me know!

316Hornets wrote:Warriors or Clippers will give us a 1st for Rozier

He doesn't fit into the TPE he makes 18.9mil and tpe is 17.2mil and no we wouldn't even think of trading for him
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 10,071
And1: 1,893
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#177 » by azwfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:48 pm

James Gatz wrote:Hey Warrior Fans,

Having a little discussion about Terry Rozier on the Hornets forum. Do agree or disagree with the idea you'd give us a 1st for Rozier? Assuming you still had the TPE and Rozier fit into it? Let me know!

316Hornets wrote:Warriors or Clippers will give us a 1st for Rozier

If we had the cap space, I would not give up a 1st for Rozier.
If Smiley was on a 2-year $36m deal, I'd probably give up a 1st to upgrade from Smiley to Rozier.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
donkeylips
Starter
Posts: 2,029
And1: 768
Joined: Apr 22, 2010

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#178 » by donkeylips » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:34 pm

James Gatz wrote:Hey Warrior Fans,

Having a little discussion about Terry Rozier on the Hornets forum. Do agree or disagree with the idea you'd give us a 1st for Rozier? Assuming you still had the TPE and Rozier fit into it? Let me know!

316Hornets wrote:Warriors or Clippers will give us a 1st for Rozier


If the sf and c positions were already filled, I would trade a protected first
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
wupuck
Ballboy
Posts: 47
And1: 10
Joined: Nov 16, 2020
       

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#179 » by wupuck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:05 pm

James Gatz wrote:Hey Warrior Fans,

Having a little discussion about Terry Rozier on the Hornets forum. Do agree or disagree with the idea you'd give us a 1st for Rozier? Assuming you still had the TPE and Rozier fit into it? Let me know!

316Hornets wrote:Warriors or Clippers will give us a 1st for Rozier

Rozier is a PG. last I checked Dubs might have the best shooting PG in league history. So he’d be coming off the bench. $18M for a backup PG who can’t play any other position? Hard pass
User avatar
James Gatz
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 487
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#180 » by James Gatz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:34 pm

wupuck wrote:
James Gatz wrote:Hey Warrior Fans,

Having a little discussion about Terry Rozier on the Hornets forum. Do agree or disagree with the idea you'd give us a 1st for Rozier? Assuming you still had the TPE and Rozier fit into it? Let me know!

316Hornets wrote:Warriors or Clippers will give us a 1st for Rozier

Rozier is a PG. last I checked Dubs might have the best shooting PG in league history. So he’d be coming off the bench. $18M for a backup PG who can’t play any other position? Hard pass


Cool! I'm in agreement with you. Thanks for settling that. Open to other Dubs fans opinions on this as well to really get a firm response.

Return to Golden State Warriors