ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1001 » by tarantism » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:24 pm

killmongrel wrote:
tarantism wrote:
killmongrel wrote: We're giving the Bulls everything they want for players they want to get rid of. This isn't a good deal for us. I feel we can get way more or would be better off staying put with our players.
Then maybe the Bulls would throw in a pick. Satoransky and Young help this team immensely.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Do they? Young is shooting horribly and Sato is so underwhelming. By doing this trade, we're getting rid of Looney's contract and taking on more. I'd rather consolidate Looney's and Oubre's contract into a significant talent if possible. And Sato and Young aren't it. I also think that there's no use to trading Paschall at the moment. Trade him when his value is high or just keep him.

I feel like you're really underrating Sato. He's always in the right spots and has the size and length to play the Livingston role for us and be very effective. He can slide in at the 1-3 and there isn't anything he can't do on the court. High IQ and strong defender who can guard basically four positions.

The thing about Young and Satoransky is that they both do a lot of things to help a team that do not show up in the stat sheet. Adding them into our rotation immediately lifts the floor of the second unit based on ball movement and IQ alone, and both are good defenders with great length and ability to switch.

I get if he's not your cup of tea but he's a good player and really fills a lot of areas of need for us. If we could get them to take Wanamaker or Mulder instead of Paschall then that'd be fine with me. I just had to make the salaries work.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#1002 » by killmongrel » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm

tarantism wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
tarantism wrote:Then maybe the Bulls would throw in a pick. Satoransky and Young help this team immensely.

Do they? Young is shooting horribly and Sato is so underwhelming. By doing this trade, we're getting rid of Looney's contract and taking on more. I'd rather consolidate Looney's and Oubre's contract into a significant talent if possible. And Sato and Young aren't it. I also think that there's no use to trading Paschall at the moment. Trade him when his value is high or just keep him.

I feel like you're really underrating Sato. He's always in the right spots and has the size and length to play the Livingston role for us and be very effective. He can slide in at the 1-3 and there isn't anything he can't do on the court. High IQ and strong defender who can guard basically four positions.

The thing about Young and Satoransky is that they both do a lot of things to help a team that do not show up in the stat sheet. Adding them into our rotation immediately lifts the floor of the second unit based on ball movement and IQ alone, and both are good defenders with great length and ability to switch.

I get if he's not your cup of tea but he's a good player and really fills a lot of areas of need for us. If we could get them to take Wanamaker or Mulder instead of Paschall then that'd be fine with me. I just had to make the salaries work.
I think with me, as somebody who want to move Oubre, I don't want to lose Looney and Paschall in the process. It's not that I think Paschall is some amazing talent. Just that I think he's worth more. And with Looney, I think Looney helps us more than Sato or Young does. Looney is playoff proven. So if the FO doesn't have a problem with Looney's salary and are not trying to dump it, I'm keeping him. Now, if there was a deal on the table where we need to combine his and Oubre's salary to get a significant player, then I'm all for it. But like I said, I don't think this is it.

Maybe I wouldn't be adverse to using just Oubre's salary for either of these players. Especially when Young's salary is only 6m guaranteed next year. Makes him tradeable. But I did post something in another thread where I am more and more convinced that we're keeping Oubre this season because I don't think the FO will find a trade that will justify getting rid of a player who is playing as well as Oubre is. So they're going to be in a weird position. That's why I was hoping Myers surprises us.
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#1003 » by tarantism » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:30 am

killmongrel wrote:
tarantism wrote:
killmongrel wrote: Do they? Young is shooting horribly and Sato is so underwhelming. By doing this trade, we're getting rid of Looney's contract and taking on more. I'd rather consolidate Looney's and Oubre's contract into a significant talent if possible. And Sato and Young aren't it. I also think that there's no use to trading Paschall at the moment. Trade him when his value is high or just keep him.

I think with me, as somebody who want to move Oubre, I don't want to lose Looney and Paschall in the process. It's not that I think Paschall is some amazing talent. Just that I think he's worth more. And with Looney, I think Looney helps us more than Sato or Young does. Looney is playoff proven. So if the FO doesn't have a problem with Looney's salary and are not trying to dump it, I'm keeping him. Now, if there was a deal on the table where we need to combine his and Oubre's salary to get a significant player, then I'm all for it. But like I said, I don't think this is it.

Maybe I wouldn't be adverse to using just Oubre's salary for either of these players. Especially when Young's salary is only 6m guaranteed next year. Makes him tradeable. But I did post something in another thread where I am more and more convinced that we're keeping Oubre this season because I don't think the FO will find a trade that will justify getting rid of a player who is playing as well as Oubre is. So they're going to be in a weird position. That's why I was hoping Myers surprises us.
Its possible to trade Oubre alone for Satoransky and either Garrett Temple or Denzel Valentine, if that floats your boat.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,895

Post#1004 » by whatisacenter » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:44 am

Since the Oubre / Lonzo trade rumors floated a few weeks back they have both elevated their games. I can’t believe that I would be interested in seeing Lonzo with the dubs but I guess I am. KO has been playing great as of late and likely playing himself out of salary reasonableness moving forward.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1005 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Quazza wrote:
FNQ wrote:Watched my first Thunder game in a while, or at least, 2nd half.. I turned down the idea of a SGA trade on the trade board a couple weeks back because I preferred a peak star, not a growing one..

whoops this kid is amazing

He's real good huh !

What was the trade you turned down ?

GSW trades: Oubre Jr** (need to go to 3rd team for expiring), Wiseman, Wannamaker, MINN 2021 1st
OKC trades: Horford, SGA (via thompson DPE), GSW 2021 1st returned

Horford would actually fit our C role pretty decently (though massively overpaid) and SGA looks like a stud
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#1006 » by tarantism » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 pm

FNQ wrote:
Quazza wrote:
FNQ wrote:Watched my first Thunder game in a while, or at least, 2nd half.. I turned down the idea of a SGA trade on the trade board a couple weeks back because I preferred a peak star, not a growing one..

He's real good huh !

GSW trades: Oubre Jr** (need to go to 3rd team for expiring), Wiseman, Wannamaker, MINN 2021 1st

Horford would actually fit our C role pretty decently (though massively overpaid) and SGA looks like a stud
I'd do it if the Minnesota 1st isn't included. As it stands we give up too much.

ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#1007 » by ahmetmekin » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 pm

tarantism wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Quazza wrote:
He's real good huh !

I'd do it if the Minnesota 1st isn't included. As it stands we give up too much.

I am not sure OKC would accept the proposed version and pretty sure without Minny pick they hang up immediately.

In any case, I hope that we trade Wiseman either at the deadline or before the next season.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1008 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:28 pm

FNQ wrote:
Quazza wrote:

He's real good huh !

Alexander is a legitimate stud, and he’s worth building around there in OKC. I doubt he can be traded for without a huge overpay.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1009 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:28 pm

Trading Wiseman and the Minny pick however is asinine IMO
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#1010 » by cdubbz » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:56 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Trading Wiseman and the Minny pick however is asinine IMO

Yup these prospects are legitimate.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,406

Post#1011 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Mar 1, 2021 5:48 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Trading Wiseman and the Minny pick however is asinine IMO

This ALL comes down to Wiseman becoming a top 5 center. Right? Simple as that? Here's the deal...Wiseman will not be a forceful dominant center for 2-3 years from now. IF he becomes that. And he only becomes that valuable a player IF he's got the Curry core around him to make him relevant.

The Wolves pick...IF we get it....that player won't help the Warriors win a chip....will take another 2 years IF that player pans out

How smart is it to hold onto that hope while prime years run out on Curry, Klay and Green?

And which is a better trade asset if Beal doesn't work out? Beal...or Wiseman and a pick we might not have?

Better team next year?
Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Wiseman
or
Curry, Beal, Klay, Wiggins, Green

So by not trading Wiseman and Wolves pick were are assuming:
Curry stays healthy through this period.
Klay comes back as the same Klay.
Wiseman becomes an all star level center.
We get Wolves pick and it's a stud player.

I'm Lacob....I can be in the Championship discussion THIS year AND the next three with one trade:
Wiseman, Oubre, Wannamaker, Wolves pick.

Curry, Beal, Wiggins, Green this year gets us into the WCF.
Curry, Beal, Klay, Wiggins, Green has us back to championship core next year.
IF Klay never is the same, Beal is a legitimate next splash brother.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,406

Post#1012 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Mar 1, 2021 5:53 pm

BTW...I disagree that Beal (just scored 40 again last night) is less valuable than Wiseman and a future fictional super draft pick the Warriors might get.

Beal is in his prime with several years left (perfect for the Curry window). How effective do you think he'd be scoring the ball with Curry AND Klay on the same team?

Curry, Beal, Klay would be the best shooting team in the history of the NBA.

Who they gong to stop defensively? I'll take a decent defensive with that ability to score over hoping Wiseman figures out the game in the next 2 years.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1013 » by Mylie10 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:18 pm

Just for a little clarity Beal is shooting only 34% from 3. He’s a volume scorer. That’s great because he’s really good at it. But factor in the size and lack of defense and then.

Giving up two huge picks, as well as the salary needed to make the deal makes us a playoff team, but would still need a bunch to be a true contender.
Khoee wrote “
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#1014 » by wco81 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:27 pm

Lavine is the one who's shooting lights out.
876Stephen
Sophomore
And1: 204

Post#1015 » by 876Stephen » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:49 pm

This is a trade i would do in a heartbeat if i was Myers

Wiseman
2021 wolves pick
Wiggins

for

Beal
Robin Lopez

People seriously underrate the value of having elite superstar level scorers. Seriously, Beal is averaging 33-5-5 on 60% TS. This team needs offense, so any defensive ability you lose is more than made up for with his offense.

This lineup is a threat to come out of the west this season, let alone when Klay comes back next year we would be favorites if we resigned Oubre.
Curry
Beal
Oubre
Draymond
Looney

Watching that Laker game last night made it clear we need another elite scorer, Defense be damned. Heck as bad the warriors were last night, that's a game they could still win with Beal.

Now the only way i may regret this trade is if Wiseman becomes an Anthony Davis level player, which has like 1% chance of happening. He's far far behind were Davis was at the same age.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,245

Post#1016 » by xdrta+ » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:02 pm

876Stephen wrote:Watching that Laker game last night made it clear we need another elite scorer, Defense be damned. Heck as bad the warriors were last night, that's a game they could still win with Beal.

Now the only way i may regret this trade is if Wiseman becomes an Anthony Davis level player, which has like 1% chance of happening. He's far far behind were Davis was at the same age.

The bolded part may be the most optimistic thing I've ever read. Anywhere. Also the most unrealistic.
876Stephen
Sophomore

Post#1017 » by 876Stephen » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:08 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
876Stephen wrote:Watching that Laker game last night made it clear we need another elite scorer, Defense be damned. Heck as bad the warriors were last night, that's a game they could still win with Beal.

The bolded part may be the most optimistic thing I've ever read. Anywhere. Also the most unrealistic.

Why? It’s a ripple effect. You have Beal out there he can get 30 plus almost at will. He takes attention away from Curry and together they make it easier for everyone else on the roster. And in games like last night when are defense is terrible it’s gonna be a shootout which is possible if we have Beal.
876Stephen
Sophomore

Post#1018 » by 876Stephen » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:12 pm

Look I’m not saying we’d be favorites if we add Beal, but he absolutely makes us contenders to come out of the west at least.

People really don’t know what it takes to win in the modern nba. You need at least 2 or 3 high level offensive players to be a contender.

Nets have 3, lakers have 2, clippers have 2, bucks have 2, suns have 2, nuggets have 2, Sixers have 2. Warriors right now have 1. If we get Beal that gives us 2. If Klay comes back close to his old self that’s 3 and your right back in the mix.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1019 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:30 pm

There's no point in even discussing trade scenarios for Beal because: 1) He is not available and not only has he never asked to be traded, but Washington has never hinted that they would even consider any trade offers for him and 2) the Wizards are getting hot right now and have won 7 out of their last 10 and can still make a push for the 8th seed.

Our only move by the trade deadline appears to be whether or not we will trade Oubre because there are no superstars that are available that we can acquire by trading Wiseman and the Minnesota pick. It also appears like the front office will not use the DPE to sign anyone unless someone they really covet gets bought out. If there was ever a time to use the DPE it was when we had no centers, but the FO just sent the team out there to play 10 or so games without an actual front court.

As far as trading Oubre, assuming the FO rejected an offer of Lonzo for Oubre that means they value him quite a bit more than a lot of us fans do. I think plan A this offseason is to see what we can get for Wiggins/Wiseman/Minnesota pick/our pick and plan B is to try to resign Oubre to a reasonable deal and try to trade everyone again later. If the Bucks or Clippers lose in embarrassing fashion during the playoffs then I think we have the best trade package for either Kawhi and Giannis assuming we keep both our picks and either of them demands a trade. It would also be a huge bonus if we sneak into the playoffs and Wiggins and Wiseman both look impressive.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#1020 » by wco81 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:33 pm

Honestly, Lavine might be as gettable as Beal. He's making $19.5 this season and the same next season. So after this summer, he would be eligible for the max, but maybe not the super max unless he makes all NBA.

Bulls traded away Butler because they didn't want to max out Butler. So if it's the same ownership and front office, maybe they would bite.

Return to Golden State Warriors