ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#2101 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:06 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Once again not talking about basketball. Good look. It really is sad how much some of you are focusing on the way I post content here. :lol:

Nobody's "focusing" on it, they're just laughing at it (you).

Yeah man, that's called focusing. Instead of talking about basketball, just keep talking about my tweets. :crazy:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#2102 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:08 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
???? I don’t follow.

Poison Pill Protection
If a guy on a rookie scale signs an extension and is traded before the extension takes effect it has some wonky effects:
For salary-matching purposes, if a player is traded between the time his rookie contract is extended and before that extension takes effect, the player’s incoming value for the receiving team is the average of his current-year salary and the annual salary in each year of his extension. His current team, on the other hand, simply treats his current-year salary as the outgoing figure for matching purposes.

But looking at it again, I guess the trade would happen when his extension kicks in? Not sure when that is at this point, I assume when the new league year starts?

Yeah, the extension would kick in on Aug. 3, the official start of 2021-22 league year.

So...pick for San Antonio and make the trade 4 days later. Doesn't seem difficult.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#2103 » by Mob Byers » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:35 am

EvanZ wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:Poison Pill Protection
If a guy on a rookie scale signs an extension and is traded before the extension takes effect it has some wonky effects:

But looking at it again, I guess the trade would happen when his extension kicks in? Not sure when that is at this point, I assume when the new league year starts?

Yeah, the extension would kick in on Aug. 3, the official start of 2021-22 league year.

So...pick for San Antonio and make the trade 4 days later. Doesn't seem difficult.

Kind of is. Wiseman/Jakob make around the same but White will be making idk something like $15 million+.

Need Wiggins or Looney/Mulder/Lee/Smiley possibly Poole and EP to make that work. Not worth the trouble imo.

White’s brittleness makes me nervous and Jakob isn’t the piece we are missing. We’d be fine with Looney and vet min guys at C. Not worth #7 and Wiseman even if it worked financially imo.
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#2104 » by osx28 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:53 pm

EvanZ wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:Poison Pill Protection

I know your argument is that it makes us better now. Few would disagree with that, but the extent of how much it makes us better vs how much potential we would lose and the fact that you can get the same or better value in a few other ways without sacrificing nearly as much is what people disagree about.

For example Potl, he's an ok player and yes he is better than what wiseman was last year, but just look at some of the free agent bigs, available for either the MLE or a vet min. Gorgui Dieng, Cody Zeller, Javale, Nerlens Noel, Daniel Theis, Dewayne Dedmond. All of them can give between 80-120 percent of what Potl can and wouldn't cost you the opportunity of developing an all star center. Yeah Wiseman might end up being a bust for his draft position, but he's already a better scorer than Potl and he will only get better. He might never get to Potl's defense, but he has the tools to be even better.

Then White, he's a nice player but the 7 pick is way to much for him when you could get someone like TJ Mcconnell who is already better than White and less injury prone in the FA market. There's a few others that might not be as good as White but would be cheaper to acquire and give you decent production. Ish smith, Patty mills, Devonte Graham to name a few.

I guess what some of us are saying is why give up valuable assets if you can keep them and on top of that add similar value in free agency or some other minor trade.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#2105 » by EvanZ » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:34 pm

osx28 wrote:I guess what some of us are saying is why give up valuable assets if you can keep them and on top of that add similar value in free agency or some other minor trade.

Ok...let's see it. :lol:
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#2106 » by Mob Byers » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:10 pm

EvanZ wrote:
osx28 wrote:I guess what some of us are saying is why give up valuable assets if you can keep them and on top of that add similar value in free agency or some other minor trade.

EvanZ wrote:Once again not talking about basketball. Good look. It really is sad how much some of you are focusing on the way I post content here. :lol:

Can't even back up your reasoning, just deflecting bc you know it's a stupid trade. Just trying to be baby Trump on Twitter with your crappy Warriors hot takes. It's clear now.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#2107 » by EvanZ » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:52 pm

Mob Byers wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Can't even back up your reasoning, just deflecting bc you know it's a stupid trade. Just trying to be baby Trump on Twitter with your crappy Warriors hot takes. It's clear now.

What a weird take man. It's funny that only people in a Warriors forum think it's a bad trade. But I'm sure that's not because you guys value our players too highly and other team's players not highly enough. :lol:

As far as justifying the trade...I mean just watch Poeltl and White some time. And then watch Wiseman and Davion Mitchell. :lol:
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#2108 » by wco81 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:05 pm

I think Spurs may want to move White because they got several other young wings whom they have to decide whether to keep or let go.

Like Keldon Johnson and Lonnie Walker.

Can they keep White and then pay out big contracts to those two?

They are already paying Murray his extension and Spurs may either re-sign Demar or sign and trade or try to keep his salary slot someway.

So yeah I don't think White should command big asset.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#2109 » by Commodor » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:17 pm

EvanZ wrote:
What a weird take man. It's funny that only people in a Warriors forum think it's a bad trade. But I'm sure that's not because you guys value our players too highly and other team's players not highly enough. :lol:

As far as justifying the trade...I mean just watch Poeltl and White some time. And then watch Wiseman and Davion Mitchell. :lol:

I'm sure the Spurs' boards LOVES this deal. If GSW fans are unanimously against the deal, that likely means it's not a good deal for them.

Do you really watch those two and think "man those are the players we need to take down a healthy Brooklyn! LAL! LAC!".

Unless a move catapults GSW into top-contender territory there's no reason to entertain moving Wiseman or 7. Let alone both.

Just move on, this is a bad trade for GSW.
osx28
Sophomore

Post#2110 » by osx28 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:25 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Personally, I don't think that's the argument. Poeltl and White are likely better than a Wiseman and possibly Mitchell this upcoming year. It's like that dude in this forum back in the day that said we should trade Steph for Bogut back in the day because Monta was better. At the time that was true, but it would have been a disastrous trade. I'm not saying wiseman will be the center equivalent of curry, but punting on him because of 1 season where he didn't have a training camp and missed a ton of games because of covid or injury is a very risky bet.
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#2111 » by Mob Byers » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:45 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Oh nice one guy in your twitter replies thinks it’s a good trade. :lol:

Get your head out of your ass. I don’t care if you post your own tweets, like others do, but don’t call out people for not talking basketball then turn around and do the same thing.

I explained why I didn’t like the trade. Poeltl is a good defensive big but that isn’t really a role we are missing or one that can’t be filled cheaper via free agency.

White is a good player but injury ridden and hard to acquire salary wise.

You complain people aren’t talking bball yet when people actually critique the trade you ignore bc you don’t actually have input. Just want to act like you’re right. The trade doesn’t even work salary wise :lol:

Even if it did work, haven’t seen you give any input other than “Just watch them play” vs Wiseman and a guy we haven’t even picked at 7 who you (nor I) don’t like in Davion. Give me a break Bball Trump :lol: All talk no action
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#2112 » by TB » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:57 pm

I really like Poeltl. Wanted him in free agency we just didn't have that full MLE to give it a go.

White is a solid NBA player that is versatile and plays winning basketball. He'd be a great fit off the bench pairing with Poole.

I totally understand that giving up Wiseman and the 7 for it seems like a ton because of the high potential those assets carry. Probably enough potential that i'd say no or try to rework it. But there is no doubt that if we had Poeltl, White, and then signed a couple vets like Otto Porter and Snell and Chriss for the Vet Min we would be a much improved team that could contend if healthy.

Steph / White / Nico
Klay / Poole / Lee
Wiggins / JTA / Snell
Dray / Otto / Paschall
Poeltl / Looney / Chriss

Me personally, i'd say no because I think the vet depth needed SHOULD be possible through TPMLE and vet minimums while keeping Wiseman and the picks to round out the roster with youth. But I don't hate this trade.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#2113 » by killmongrel » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:57 pm

So do you think a sign and trade of Oubre, Paschall, and the 14th pick makes sense for Bog from Utah? He would provide the scoring/shooting we need in the regular season, but hasn't really been useful in the playoffs. Or do you think the 14th pick is more useful?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#2114 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 am

killmongrel wrote:So do you think a sign and trade of Oubre, Paschall, and the 14th pick makes sense for Bog from Utah? He would provide the scoring/shooting we need in the regular season, but hasn't really been useful in the playoffs. Or do you think the 14th pick is more useful?

I’m pretty sure Oubre is the exact type of player that Utah wouldn’t be interested in, given their style of play and skill sets that they value. But I would probably do it if it was available, as Bojan is very good, and it helps to retain that salary value.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#2115 » by EvanZ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:33 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#2116 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:43 am

EvanZ wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Center targets to back-up Looney (at least for the regular season)? Dieng?

Solving that gap with few assets to do it with, I’d probably be okay with this.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
osx28
Sophomore

Post#2117 » by osx28 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:45 am

EvanZ wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This one's not too terrible, I don't like bridges that much though, he's good but his defense and passing and size are a bit iffy for me. Wiggins and the 2 picks for Hayward, would still be a bit of an injury risk, but the upgrade from Wiggins to hayward might be worth it.

Not sure if charlotte would do it though.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#2118 » by DevinVassell » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:40 am

EvanZ wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Poor fella needs to just accept that Wiseman is a WARRIOR!

Whatever gets you through the day...
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#2119 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:57 am

EvanZ wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Let's see, the Warriors tie up $91 million over the next 3 years for a guy whose last four years
includes this list of injuries.

04/02/2021 Foot
02/27/2021 Hand
02/14/2021 Back
01/13/2021 Hip
12/16/2020 Finger
08/17/2020 Ankle
03/03/2020 Right Knee
02/06/2020 Foot
02/04/2020 Calf
12/18/2019 Foot
12/11/2019 Nose
11/09/2019 Left Hand
04/08/2019 Left Ankle Soreness
03/16/2019 Concussion
02/20/2019 Right Ankle Sprain
02/20/2019 Ankle
01/28/2019 Laceration
01/19/2019 Personal
12/10/2018 Illness
11/24/2018 Ankle
10/20/2018 Ankle
10/17/2017 Fractured Ankle
10/17/2017 Foot

For this they get rid of their only real center, plus Wiggins, a two-way player who had a decent year for them, and two lottery picks. For an upgrade of sorts on Wiggins. I think I'll pass on this one.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#2120 » by DevinVassell » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:30 am

^Yep lets add that small detail that Wiggins is an ironman with 71 games player last year to Haywards' 44...

Return to Golden State Warriors