ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#361 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:15 pm

Phase 3 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:
I’m probably in the minority but I’m not writing off Oubre just yet. If he starts shooting his career averages again, people will have a very different outlook on him imo.

He could be solid in a 6th man Iguodala type role or even starting next to Curry and Klay if the situation calls for it imo. Plus, you might be able to get him at a reasonable price going forward.

Oubre is a rental for us. There's no way we are resigning him for what he'll command next season. If we did I'd be shocked, and the only way it happens is if he has a really poor season and we get him on the cheap.

Ingles is locked in at $10m for next season, and for me, fits better as a ball handler/passer/3 point guy.

Ingles is Australian though...so they’ll have to give us a pick for us to even consider it :)

On a serious note, I think Oubre might be in the $10-12M range unless he really tears it up this year.

Someone will give him $15m plus easily. The Knicks would probably give him $20m plus if he keeps looking more like a PF.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#362 » by killmongrel » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:30 pm

Is there any way we can give the Jazz Oubre+Paschall+picks+fillers for Ingles+fillers?
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#363 » by TB » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:49 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
what star do you think Wiseman get right now?

i think Hali/Barnes is a pretty fair exchange for Wiseman and to take on Wiggins' contract

I don’t want to mention his name here but we all know it’s the guy you hate. I’m not saying I would do it...but that guy you hate is really freakin good.

Personally, I’d rather just keep Wiseman and build with him and whoever they draft with the Minny pick and our own pick in the 21 draft.

Houston would ask for a lot more than Wiseman for Harden, they'll ask for a 2021 first, a 2023 1st, and more, that is not something I am ever willing to do for Harden

this is simple to me if I'm Myers -- I'd approach Sac for what makes the most sense for both teams, Hali/Barnes for Wiseman/Wiggins, they get a stud big they've been looking for, we got a good young prospect in Hali who's a great fit in this system, exchange Wiggins for Barnes who knows how to play with Steph and this system, and follow it up by taking Mobley to fill the Wiseman gap in the 2021 class.

that would be my plan, at least at this point. we'll see. i guess it helps that I had Haliburton ranked higher than Wiseman in their class, so maybe that's why I view this as a good deal. if you didn't it's fine.

I dont have a problem with the trade idea, even though I'd say no because I like Wiseman upside alot at center. Really like Hali and obviously like Barnes more than Wiggins. But I happen to have Wiseman high enough to say no.

My main critique is how exactly you just casually follow that up with getting Mobley as if its some easy followup transaction next year lol. It would definitely rely on us getting picked in lotto. I dont even think he drops to 4 if Minny pick got us the 4th pick.

Feels like Cade, Mobley, Suggs, Green, Kuminga are locks for top 5, with Mobley in my opinion creeping towards the number 1.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#364 » by Mylie10 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:51 pm

killmongrel wrote:Is there any way we can give the Jazz Oubre+Paschall+picks+fillers for Ingles+fillers?

Utah is trying to win lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#365 » by clyde21 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:01 pm

TB wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:
I don’t want to mention his name here but we all know it’s the guy you hate. I’m not saying I would do it...but that guy you hate is really freakin good.

Personally, I’d rather just keep Wiseman and build with him and whoever they draft with the Minny pick and our own pick in the 21 draft.

Houston would ask for a lot more than Wiseman for Harden, they'll ask for a 2021 first, a 2023 1st, and more, that is not something I am ever willing to do for Harden

this is simple to me if I'm Myers -- I'd approach Sac for what makes the most sense for both teams, Hali/Barnes for Wiseman/Wiggins, they get a stud big they've been looking for, we got a good young prospect in Hali who's a great fit in this system, exchange Wiggins for Barnes who knows how to play with Steph and this system, and follow it up by taking Mobley to fill the Wiseman gap in the 2021 class.

that would be my plan, at least at this point. we'll see. i guess it helps that I had Haliburton ranked higher than Wiseman in their class, so maybe that's why I view this as a good deal. if you didn't it's fine.

I dont have a problem with the trade idea, even though I'd say no because I like Wiseman upside alot at center. Really like Hali and obviously like Barnes more than Wiggins. But I happen to have Wiseman high enough to say no.

My main critique is how exactly you just casually follow that up with getting Mobley as if its some easy followup transaction next year lol. It would definitely rely on us getting picked in lotto. I dont even think he drops to 4 if Minny pick got us the 4th pick.

Feels like Cade, Mobley, Suggs, Green, Kuminga are locks for top 5, with Mobley in my opinion creeping towards the number 1.

well obviously getting Mobley would be difficult but that would be the plan, will it happen? has a lot to do with where our picks are but that would be the mind set behind doing that trade, and Mobley as priority #1 doesn't fall thru then move to priority #2...if Mobley gets picked high that means someone else is dropping.
TB
General Manager

Post#366 » by TB » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:26 pm

clyde21 wrote:
TB wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

well obviously getting Mobley would be difficult but that would be the plan, will it happen? has a lot to do with where our picks are but that would be the mind set behind doing that trade, and Mobley as priority #1 doesn't fall thru then move to priority #2...if Mobley gets picked high that means someone else is dropping.

Gotcha.

I think I currently go:
Green
Mobley
Cade
Suggs
Barnes
Lewis
Johnson
Kuminga
Badji

Dream scenario to snag a top guy in top 6 then one of lewis or badji mid 1st if minny or our pick are there.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#367 » by clyde21 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:29 pm

i love Green, he's from central valley, I've been following him for years, called him the next elite prospect before almost anyone else, but he's not a GREAT fit with the Warriors

for the Dubs my top 3 would be Mobley, Cade, Suggs for sure, then maybe Green if we're in the top4, if in the 5-8 range then I'm looking at Kuminga, Moody or Barnes.
TB
General Manager

Post#368 » by TB » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:31 pm

clyde21 wrote:i love Green, he's from central valley, I've been following him for years, called him the next elite prospect before almost anyone else, but he's not a GREAT fit with the Warriors

for the Dubs my top 3 would be Mobley, Cade, Suggs for sure, then maybe Green if we're in the top4, if in the 5-8 range then I'm looking at Kuminga, Moody or Barnes.

Haven't seen Moody so I'll check him out.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#369 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:01 am

clyde21 wrote:i know people finna hate me for this but

Wiseman/Wiggins for Haliburton/Barnes

i think a pretty good deal for both teams.

No thanks. Wiseman's ceiling is higher than Haliburton's.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#370 » by clyde21 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:13 am

Scoots1994 wrote:

funny thing about ceilings
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#371 » by Mylie10 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:23 am

Mines vaulted
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#372 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:04 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

Haliburton is a high-floor, low-ceiling guy, IMO. I’m not surprised by what he’s showing - he came into the league ready. But I don’t know how much better he’s going to get, whereas Wiseman has a massive amount of room for growth. And he seems to be learning and adjusting quickly.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#373 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:08 pm

Haliburton is THE perfect fit for this system, scheme and overarching philosophy, I could not care less about hypothetical ceilings, and funny that, because today if you offer Wiseman for Hali straight up I have a feeling Sac Town responds with a resounding NO.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#374 » by xdrta+ » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:18 pm

clyde21 wrote:Haliburton is THE perfect fit for this system, scheme and overarching philosophy, I could not care less about hypothetical ceilings, and funny that, because today if you offer Wiseman for Hali straight up I have a feeling Sac Town responds with a resounding NO.

That would be in line with Sac's terrible record of trading, signing, drafting, etc.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#375 » by killmongrel » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:30 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Haliburton is THE perfect fit for this system, scheme and overarching philosophy, I could not care less about hypothetical ceilings, and funny that, because today if you offer Wiseman for Hali straight up I have a feeling Sac Town responds with a resounding NO.

That would be in line with Sac's terrible record of trading, signing, drafting, etc.

Exactly. We're talking about the organization that passed up Luka for Bagley.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#376 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:55 pm

so ya'll saying they would say yes to the trade?
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#377 » by freypies » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:32 am

clyde21 wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:

If you’re going to sell high on Wiseman, you do it in a deal that brings back a star. You’re better than that one Clyde.

what star do you think Wiseman get right now?

i think Hali/Barnes is a pretty fair exchange for Wiseman and to take on Wiggins' contract

I love this trade. To match salaries though, we would probably need someone like Richaun Holmes to be part of it, which I'd be all for. I'll be very willing to give up 1-2 additional minor assets to make it happen.
Dubnation2020
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#378 » by Dubnation2020 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:38 pm

No way I make this trade. Haliburton at his best will be like Igoudala without the atleticism, maybe a little better 3pt shot. Like Igoudala, on their own, they are not great if they are the #1 guy, they a great complimentary pieces... that's how I see Hali turning out. Wiseman on the other hand, I think he can be a perennial All-star in a couple of year and capable of being a #1 type guy. You don't trade a guy like that for a potential good complimentary piece. I like Haliburton, but I just don't see a franchise player in him.
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#379 » by Rudruff » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:58 pm

Sacramento had a guy fall to them who looks legit and maybe wanted to go there. He will be every Kings fan's favorite player before long. Agree that he would have worked in the Warriors system.

I wouldn't make the trade because we still need a center to play in the regular season and Wiseman is still too much of a shiny new toy for me to want to give up.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#380 » by Ilovethebay » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:11 pm

We couldn’t go wrong with either player. With Klay out i think Hali would have been the most useful player for the next year and a half. I do wonder how everyone will feel about Wiseman once his 3 ball % comes back to earth. I’m a little surprised that his post game has been underwhelming so far. Hopefully he will show some polish in that area soon.

Return to Golden State Warriors