ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#481 » by Phase 3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:37 pm

Bradley Beal and Zach Lavine are probably the next 2 names to watch. Ben Simmons and Siakim might be other guys that could be dealt in the right deal.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Beal for Ben Simmons makes sense for both teams?
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#482 » by SAKURABA216 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:47 pm

donkeylips wrote:im hoping for a house or tucker trade

Word on the street is that Houston wants 3 2nd round picks for PJ Tucker and the T'Wolves are looking to do it. Warriors need to make an offer quick because not only can PJ help us out, but if he helps Minnesota win games then that decreases the value of our pick.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#483 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:30 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:
donkeylips wrote:im hoping for a house or tucker trade

Word on the street is that Houston wants 3 2nd round picks for PJ Tucker and the T'Wolves are looking to do it. Warriors need to make an offer quick because not only can PJ help us out, but if he helps Minnesota win games then that decreases the value of our pick.

So if Minnesota is going to offer 3 2nd rd picks, which would be better than the W's 2nd rounders, what would the Warriors have to offer? A 1st rd pick? Pass on that for me.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#484 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:29 am

I wonder what the asking price for Oladipo will be around the deadline, he’s on an expiring so he may go for pennies like how Drummond could only net 2nd round picks.

Oubre, Looney, Poole + some picks for Oladipo works financially.

Oubre is gone after this season. I don’t think the franchise has any plans for Poole who is taking a roster spot. Looney is a casualty but with Paschall and Green playing the 5 and Dedmon and O’Quinn on the market it’s not a bad deal. Plus we likely bring Chriss back next season. Lin is ready to take Pooles spot.

He’s not an ideal fit, but definitely a better player than Oubre. He’s a good ball handler and passer and shooting better than Oubre, he can attack the seams and was 1st team all-defense in 2018. He’s a pest on defense. At least from a talent perspective he gives you a punchers chance in the playoffs.

Oubre was brought in with the thought he could be a 3rd scorer, but his offense has fallen off. In these wins and losses the margin for error is proving to be very slim.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,902

Post#485 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:07 am

DAWill1128 wrote:I wonder what the asking price for Oladipo will be around the deadline, he’s on an expiring so he may go for pennies like how Drummond could only net 2nd round picks.

Oubre is gone after this season. I don’t think the franchise has any plans for Poole who is taking a roster spot. Looney is a casualty but with Paschall and Green playing the 5 and Dedmon and O’Quinn on the market it’s not a bad deal. Plus we likely bring Chriss back next season. Lin is ready to take Pooles spot.

He’s not an ideal fit, but definitely a better player than Oubre. He’s a good ball handler and passer and shooting better than Oubre, he can attack the seams and was 1st team all-defense in 2018. He’s a pest on defense. At least from a talent perspective he gives you a punchers chance in the playoffs.

Oubre was brought in with the thought he could be a 3rd scorer, but his offense has fallen off. In these wins and losses the margin for error is proving to be very slim.

I like it but what’s in it for Houston?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#486 » by killacalijatt » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:04 am

Can we send Oubre back, watching him hurts my eyes. Jesus he is cheeks.

Side note I’d be open to shipping Wiggins for Kevin Love. Don’t know why but Love has always been destined to play with Curry and Draymond in my eyes.
Dubnation2020
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#487 » by Dubnation2020 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:15 am

killacalijatt wrote:Can we send Oubre back, watching him hurts my eyes. Jesus he is cheeks.

Side note I’d be open to shipping Wiggins for Kevin Love. Don’t know why but Love has always been destined to play with Curry and Draymond in my eyes.

Hard pass on Love... he just can't stay healthy. He is by far a better ofensive player than Wiggins, but defensively he is a liability.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#488 » by marthafokker » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:22 am

killacalijatt wrote:Can we send Oubre back, watching him hurts my eyes. Jesus he is cheeks.

Maybe at the Y. Certainly not in GSW uni. Love is so injury prone and useless that swapping for Dray might be an upgrade for Cleveland.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#489 » by killmongrel » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:27 am

I'm just gonna disregard anybody that suggests trading Wiggins for Love. So please put it in your profile so I can ignore you.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#490 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:03 am

whatisacenter wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:I wonder what the asking price for Oladipo will be around the deadline, he’s on an expiring so he may go for pennies like how Drummond could only net 2nd round picks.

Oladipo is on an expiring and he’s going to look elsewhere in the offseason. Assuming they don’t suddenly turn it on and become a great team he’s going to be shopped for draft picks, just depends on who is sending the best picks. But considering the franchises desire to lower its luxury tax taking on Oubre who is also an expiring is appealing.

While we may get outbid on the number of picks we also have the ability to free them of 13-14 million, other teams may not offer that amount in expiring contracts.

Most teams probably don’t want to give up talented players on multi year deals plus picks for half a season of Oladipo on an expiring. But we have Klay coming back next year and Oubre is the guy going out the door anyways on an expiring.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#491 » by killacalijatt » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 pm

Wiggins plus maybe a FRP for Drummond.

Drummond is expiring and with the way Jokic was abusing us inside it’s clear we need size. Drummond just had a monster 30/20 game.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#492 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:25 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Oladipo is on an expiring and he’s going to look elsewhere in the offseason. Assuming they don’t suddenly turn it on and become a great team he’s going to be shopped for draft picks, just depends on who is sending the best picks. But considering the franchises desire to lower its luxury tax taking on Oubre who is also an expiring is appealing.

While we may get outbid on the number of picks we also have the ability to free them of 13-14 million, other teams may not offer that amount in expiring contracts.

Most teams probably don’t want to give up talented players on multi year deals plus picks for half a season of Oladipo on an expiring. But we have Klay coming back next year and Oubre is the guy going out the door anyways on an expiring.

Id like to see us get Oladipo but wouldnt want to give up much at all to get him - since i dont see us contending for a title - and dont want to resign him to a max contract when we may be able to compete next season.

Im pretty sure we’d get outbid by a contender who may be willing to give up a late first and/or a young player on the fringe of their rotation.

For us, Im thinking Oubre + Poole + Smiley and then a few 2nds plus cash. Houston should get better offers but dont think I’d give up more.

Saves Houston some money, puts a few 2nds in their pocket, and some cash in their owners pocket.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#493 » by tarantism » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:14 pm

killacalijatt wrote:Wiggins plus maybe a FRP for Drummond.

Drummond is expiring and with the way Jokic was abusing us inside it’s clear we need size. Drummond just had a monster 30/20 game.
What? No! How do we replace what Wiggins brings on the perimeter? More Oubre?! Mulder is too small and Lee brings effort but nothing close to the raw athleticism and defensive abilities of Wiggins. Plus we don't want to bury Wiseman and Drummond won't want a backup role.

I actually came to purpose my own Cavs trade:

Kelly Oubre for Cedi Osman and JaVale McGee.

Gives us a backup center and a knockdown wing shooter who hustles and has sneaky athleticism.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#494 » by vagelis » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Draymond Green plus a FRP for Drummond or Love.
Looney+ Toscano for McGee.

One more player that I can think is Obi Toppin who may have a low value right now and could be a good addition for cheap
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#495 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:19 pm

Drummond, Love and McGee? Really guys? Pretty sure you're all just gonna have to wait for Wiseman to improve like the rest of us.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#496 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:28 pm

jesus christ some of these trades (all of them) are so bad
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#497 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:30 pm

vagelis wrote:Draymond Green plus a FRP for Drummond or Love.

One more player that I can think is Obi Toppin who may have a low value right now and could be a good addition for cheap

wait...you want to give Dray for Love/Drummond AND throw in a first on top of it?

lmao.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#498 » by tarantism » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:32 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Drummond, Love and McGee? Really guys? Pretty sure you're all just gonna have to wait for Wiseman to improve like the rest of us.
In my defense, my trade was more about getting Osman and jettisoning Oubre. McGee was salary filler - and we need a backup center.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
vagelis
Starter

Post#499 » by vagelis » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:35 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Drummond, Love and McGee? Really guys? Pretty sure you're all just gonna have to wait for Wiseman to improve like the rest of us.

Not all of them together. But one trade may be needed.
The first substitute for the bigs is Looney.
Love can play pf and can coexist with Wiseman.
McGee can be the replacement of Wiseman.
Drummond ok he may take minutes from Wiseman so he may not be a fit for Warriors future
vagelis
Starter

Post#500 » by vagelis » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:44 pm

clyde21 wrote:
vagelis wrote:Draymond Green plus a FRP for Drummond or Love.

wait...you want to give Dray for Love/Drummond AND throw in a first on top of it?

lmao.

Draymond Green(31yo) 4ppg,4.6 rpg, 5apg, 28 %fg
Andre Drummond(27yo) 19.3ppg, 15.1rpg, 2.9apg, 47.5 %fg

I don't think that this will be a bad trade for Warriors if we talk about their value right now in 2021

Return to Golden State Warriors