ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,900

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#61 » by whatisacenter » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:47 am

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

A S&T would put the Bucks under the hard cap. I wonder where their cap is?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Free Ballin
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#62 » by Free Ballin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:48 am

PJ for the TPE and one of our seconds. :pray: The market seems too hot for a deal like that though... teams are just throwing around FRPs like candy.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#63 » by Hopper15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:48 am

Read on Twitter

Pretty sure the Kings can do better.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#64 » by HiRez » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 am

Blazers getting Covington so that conversation is over. They gave up 2 first round picks though, that's pretty expensive. Too bad we couldn't get him but at least he's going to the Blazers and we own the Blazers so it shouldn't hurt us much.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#65 » by Kuya » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:06 am

Warriors quiet during Day 1
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#66 » by TB » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:12 am

Guys like RoCo, PJ, Oubre, etc are probably worth the 2021 GSW 1st. What we are seeing is prices well more than that. So for now its about patience and not overpaying.

If it ends up meaning we keep all our picks and use the TPE on someone like Thad Young or Ariza... i'd be fine with that (even if that doesn't match up with what Myers said about the TPE).
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#68 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:25 am

Free Ballin wrote:PJ for the TPE and one of our seconds. :pray: The market seems too hot for a deal like that though... teams are just throwing around FRPs like candy.

Rockets just got 2 firsts for Covington. They’re probably going to want similar ransom for Tucker.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:27 am

DAWill1128 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/lakers-rumors-warriors-bucks-interested-in-luring-avery-bradley-away-from-l-a/amp/

Thoughts on Bradley?

Pass. He can’t stay healthy, and he’s slipped in the areas he’s been known for (defense and shooting). I’m not interested beyond a training camp tryout/minimum deal.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#70 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:43 am

Didn't Myles Turner demand a trade as well? Warriors can trade #2, Minn 2021 FRP, Paschall, and Wiggins for Turner and TJ Warren. That would work out for both teams
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#71 » by HiRez » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:06 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:Didn't Myles Turner demand a trade as well? Warriors can trade #2, Minn 2021 FRP, Paschall, and Wiggins for Turner and TJ Warren. That would work out for both teams

I might do that deal but I'd try to not throw Paschall in. While that would give us a really nice starting 5, we're woefully short on bench scoring and Paschall shows a lot of promise.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:10 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:Didn't Myles Turner demand a trade as well? Warriors can trade #2, Minn 2021 FRP, Paschall, and Wiggins for Turner and TJ Warren. That would work out for both teams

No reports that I’m aware of of Turner asking for a trade. Not sure I would give up both picks for that deal. I’d rather roll with Wiggins, the picks, players, and trying to fill in with the TPE.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#73 » by cdubbz » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:22 am

Warriors threw out so many smokescreens thay they got lost in it.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#74 » by B-King » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:48 am

Unless you are dealing with the Kings, prices are high. There will be deal that comes along that makes sense. Warriors need to get their FAs targets for the veteran minimum early. The MLE might have a pleasant surprise when the money runs dry all over.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#75 » by Quazza » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:39 am

Dare say I'm the biggest Lord RoCo homer on this board, yet I'm shook Houston scored 2 first rounders for him

GOOD LORD ! (double entendre)
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
JSML
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#76 » by JSML » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:36 pm

I am down for using the TPE for Gallinari. Advance metrics love him. He's such a plus scorer that he'll be perfect as the 3rd option on offense.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:48 pm

JSML wrote:I am down for using the TPE for Gallinari. Advance metrics love him. He's such a plus scorer that he'll be perfect as the 3rd option on offense.

He’s a free agent. The TPE can only be used to trade a player (not sign a free agent). We can’t functionally acquire Gallinari in a sign-and-trade deal, because any team receiving a player in a S&T is bound by the hard cap, and the Warriors are already over that figure due to Curry, Klay, Draymond, and Wiggins’ high salaries.

So the only way we could go after Gallinari is to try to sign him with our MLE, which is only a few million dollars. Gallinari is probably going to make at least 2-3 times as much as we can offer him somewhere else. It doesn’t hurt to try, but the odds aren’t good that he’d take dramatically less money to come here than he could get elsewhere.
JSML
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#78 » by JSML » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:23 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
JSML wrote:I am down for using the TPE for Gallinari. Advance metrics love him. He's such a plus scorer that he'll be perfect as the 3rd option on offense.

He’s a free agent. The TPE can only be used to trade a player (not sign a free agent). We can’t functionally acquire Gallinari in a sign-and-trade deal, because any team receiving a player in a S&T is bound by the hard cap, and the Warriors are already over that figure due to Curry, Klay, Draymond, and Wiggins’ high salaries.

So the only way we could go after Gallinari is to try to sign him with our MLE, which is only a few million dollars. Gallinari is probably going to make at least 2-3 times as much as we can offer him somewhere else. It doesn’t hurt to try, but the odds aren’t good that he’d take dramatically less money to come here than he could get elsewhere.

My bad. This Forbe's article from yesterday says Warriors can do a sign and trade with the TPE to acquire Gallinari.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zacharycohen/2020/11/15/breaking-down-the-best-free-agency-destinations-for-danilo-gallinari/?sh=6fc6af036a59
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#79 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:28 pm

JSML wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:

My bad. This Forbe's article from yesterday says Warriors can do a sign and trade with the TPE to acquire Gallinari.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zacharycohen/2020/11/15/breaking-down-the-best-free-agency-destinations-for-danilo-gallinari/?sh=6fc6af036a59

Yep, I see it in that article. But what I learned from it is that I understand the Collective Bargaining Agreement (and rules surrounding trades) better than the article’s author, or he’s simply being negligent in not addressing the hard cap implication which effectively prohibits the Warriors from executing what he says.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 431

Post#80 » by superunknown » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:35 pm

what are the kings doing exactly, the small time crooks lockout?

Return to Golden State Warriors