ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,966
And1: 273
Joined: Mar 20, 2003
Location: Tried like the dickens

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#101 » by Hopper15 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Jessup and the Hawks going up against Brisbane again. This is the same team that shut him down in the first game. Let's see if he can bounce back and overcome drawing so much attention from the defense.
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 9,882
And1: 1,859
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#102 » by Onus » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:32 pm

Hopper15 wrote:Jessup and the Hawks going up against Brisbane again. This is the same team that shut him down in the first game. Let's see if he can bounce back and overcome drawing so much attention from the defense.

Are teams really game planning for a rookie down there? That’s pretty great
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,798
And1: 10,869
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#103 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:08 am

I guess I could go and watch Justinian play live tonight as I am in Brisvegas.

Wonder if I could rustle up a Jessup NBL rookie card somehow today and get him to sign it. Would definitely retire me when he wins FMVP for the Warriors in 2025.
Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?

Wolveswin wrote:Russell is a lesser contract younger healthier version of Wall.

:lol:
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
Posts: 10,755
And1: 2,201
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: Sacramento
     

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#104 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:37 am

yo, hook me up with a Jessup Hawks jersey
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,798
And1: 10,869
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#105 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:16 am

He's so dreamy.

Image
Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?

Wolveswin wrote:Russell is a lesser contract younger healthier version of Wall.

:lol:
tarantism
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,721
And1: 943
Joined: Nov 24, 2014
       

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#106 » by tarantism » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:43 am

Coxy wrote:He's so dreamy.

Image
His resemblance to Tyler Hansbrough is unfortunate.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,929
And1: 456
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#107 » by marthafokker » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:02 am

Someone said his name sounds like from Civil War days. Dang, he looks like one too.

If he can continue doing this, does that mean he will be better than LeMelo?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 7,250
And1: 329
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#108 » by TB » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Jessup was 10/6/6 in Hawks 3rd game. They are now 3-0. Jessup now 13/5/3 on 52% shooting after 3 games.

Remember, this is the team that finished in last place last year with Lamelo leading the way. That season they were 5-23 and Melo went 17/8/7.
User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,488
And1: 1,457
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#109 » by Quazza » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:48 am

TB wrote:Jessup was 10/6/6 in Hawks 3rd game. They are now 3-0. Jessup now 13/5/3 on 52% shooting after 3 games.

Remember, this is the team that finished in last place last year with Lamelo leading the way. That season they were 5-23 and Melo went 17/8/7.


Mmm true , but this is missing some context. They lost their other 2 imports (2 ex NBA guys in Brooks and Boone ) really early into the season
KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Old_Blue
Senior
Posts: 639
And1: 168
Joined: Jul 02, 2019
         

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#110 » by Old_Blue » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:54 am

Even if he sucks, the team will be smarter. How can it not be? We've got Sheldon Cooper!
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,798
And1: 10,869
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#111 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:50 am

Old_Blue wrote:Even if he sucks, the team will be smarter. How can it not be? We've got Sheldon Cooper!


Oh nice! I can hear it now.

“Jessup hits another 3, Bazinga!!!”

Image
Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?

Wolveswin wrote:Russell is a lesser contract younger healthier version of Wall.

:lol:
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,853
And1: 9,424
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#112 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:28 am

Hawks now 3-0

Jessup 10, 6, 6 in 33 minutes. Second most minutes on the team. Coach clearly trusting him. Which is cool for a first year guy.

4-11 shooting but 2-4 from 3.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Pro Prospect
Posts: 843
And1: 155
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#113 » by ShayDee » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:31 pm



forgot he was playing again today but he had a nice game. Wouldn't mind him as a 3rd string SG but we are currently tight with roster spots atm for next season because we would be competing for a title and we still have the minny pick, Maybe our pick, Oubre re-sign? Bazemore?(I want Baze back), Mulder? Lee? Would JTA get a contract? Cut Smiley/Chriss? So many questions.

All these guys have more experience than him so he might not have a spot and we might not want more than 1 rookie. He might get a 2way spot though but only if we get rid of one of the guys on our 2way

19pts, 3rbs, 1ast, 1blk, 0tov, 8/13 FG, 3/4 3PT

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,853
And1: 9,424
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#114 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Pumped for this kid. He’s going to fit perfect next year.

I also love the Aussie announcer lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
Posts: 10,755
And1: 2,201
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: Sacramento
     

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#115 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:44 pm

I don’t think there’s enough ads on the court. Hungry Jacks stole Burger Kings logo!
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,966
And1: 273
Joined: Mar 20, 2003
Location: Tried like the dickens

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#116 » by Hopper15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:48 pm

Potentially two 1sts and Colonel Bazinga coming in next season. Roster spots are going to be a premium. Some tough decisions will have to be made. Might have to find a Euro stash with their own draft pick. Keep stockpiling those assets Myers.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,853
And1: 9,424
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#117 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Hopper15 wrote:Potentially two 1sts and Colonel Bazinga coming in next season. Roster spots are going to be a premium. Some tough decisions will have to be made. Might have to find a Euro stash with their own draft pick. Keep stockpiling those assets Myers.


I don’t see Kerr wanting to do a bunch of developing next season. So the Minny pick and Jessup might be as much as they want to bring in.

Part of Jessup, “development” Is happening right now, so he should be able to hit the ground running.

But the offseason is going to be really interesting with so many decisions. If they are gonna go all in for a guy, it will be this summer when the picks land after the lottery balls land.

Could he the summer of Giannis if the Bucks implode.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,966
And1: 273
Joined: Mar 20, 2003
Location: Tried like the dickens

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#118 » by Hopper15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:01 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:Potentially two 1sts and Colonel Bazinga coming in next season. Roster spots are going to be a premium. Some tough decisions will have to be made. Might have to find a Euro stash with their own draft pick. Keep stockpiling those assets Myers.


I don’t see Kerr wanting to do a bunch of developing next season. So the Minny pick and Jessup might be as much as they want to bring in.

Part of Jessup, “development” Is happening right now, so he should be able to hit the ground running.

But the offseason is going to be really interesting with so many decisions. If they are gonna go all in for a guy, it will be this summer when the picks land after the lottery balls land.

Could he the summer of Giannis if the Bucks implode.

Yep. They could have two 1sts or none at all. We can't really think too far ahead or make multi-player deals until all the cards have been turned face up.
ChuckDurn
Analyst
Posts: 3,286
And1: 527
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#119 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:31 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I don’t think there’s enough ads on the court. Hungry Jacks stole Burger Kings logo!

The Aussies on this board can confirm this, but I’m pretty sure Hungry Jacks is simply the brand name for Burger King in the country.

Unrelated to that, it’s pretty clear that the opponents are paying a ton of attention to Jessup, really overplaying him. Almost all of his outside shots are tough, off-the-dribble pull-ups with guys all over him. Despite that, he’s still shooting really well. Now imagine when he comes over to the Warriors and starts getting lots of catch-and-shoot opportunities, as the defenses shade to Curry and/or Klay (or drop back to help in the lane on Wiseman).

If he can guard anybody, he’s going to be a phenomenal complement to our stars.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
User avatar
whatisacenter
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,043
And1: 5,153
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Warriors select SG Justinian Jessup with the 51st pick 

Post#120 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:50 pm

ShayDee wrote:

forgot he was playing again today but he had a nice game. Wouldn't mind him as a 3rd string SG but we are currently tight with roster spots atm for next season because we would be competing for a title and we still have the minny pick, Maybe our pick, Oubre re-sign? Bazemore?(I want Baze back), Mulder? Lee? Would JTA get a contract? Cut Smiley/Chriss? So many questions.

All these guys have more experience than him so he might not have a spot and we might not want more than 1 rookie. He might get a 2way spot though but only if we get rid of one of the guys on our 2way

19pts, 3rbs, 1ast, 1blk, 0tov, 8/13 FG, 3/4 3PT

Read on Twitter


this guy shoots way better off the bounce with a decent looking handle than I would have guessed! I hope he can get a little stronger and join the club next season.

Return to Golden State Warriors