Re: [Shams] Warriors/Thunder in Serious Talks for Oubre 

Post#281 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Read on Twitter
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#282 » by likashing » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Anyone knows why OKC is doing this? Oubre seems like a decent player to bet on with 2 low picks.

They also traded Schroder for Danny Green, and Schorder looked like the better end of the deal for the Lakers vs a 33/34 yo Danny Green.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#283 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 pm

likashing wrote:Anyone knows why OKC is doing this? Oubre seems like a decent player to bet on with 2 low picks.

They also traded Schroder for Danny Green, and Schorder looked like the better end of the deal for the Lakers vs a 33/34 yo Danny Green.

Presthinkie, the new age 'trust the process'.

This is the way.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#284 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:04 pm

wupuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:For all the gray-hairs here, who remember the tragedy of an ownership of Chris Cohan..

Ever think we'd see the day where the Warriors owner would spend nearly 80m to give us a quality replacement wing?

I remember waiting for the fallout of the Webber for Gugliotta trade... That moment was so sureal.

Then Cohan and the fans were gifted w/ the We Believe team and because their egos couldn't handle it, nixed Mully's Garnett deal. I was done w/ Cohan from then on.

Not much hair here lol...but I remember vividly...that whole thing falling apart. Worse of all...it allllllllllll end up with trading for a sleepy slow footed Donyel Marshal. :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#285 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:05 pm

likashing wrote:Anyone knows why OKC is doing this? Oubre seems like a decent player to bet on with 2 low picks.

He's going to be expensive next year and they are not going to pay it so get something for him now.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#286 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 pm

They have a lot of picks from the Clippers and Houston for the PG13 and WB trades.

But those are all going to be in the 20s unless Houston trades Harden and implodes.

So maybe the plan is to accumulate a lot of mid to late first round picks and try to move into lotto picks.

Or maybe just use them and hope some of them hit.

When the Celtics had all those picks from Brooklyn, Sacto and Memphis, a couple of them became high lotto picks but a lot of them ended up mid to late first round. So really the keepers they netted were Brown, Tatum and maybe Smart. Good core for a contender but probably not enough to get them over the top.

You really need to maximize the high lotto picks, quality over quantity.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#287 » by SF_Warriors » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:41 pm

They want to tank and save as much money as possible. Taking back contracts for oubre versus being able to take the TPE must have been a deciding factor for them. Also, I am not sure teams out there want to give up much for a rental looking for a huge payday at the end of the season.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#288 » by Little Digger » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#289 » by azwfan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:47 am

Listening to this interview... I like Oubre. He semi trashes his old organizations which isnt a good look, but he wants to be great and isnt afraid to let people know that.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#290 » by Little Digger » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:08 am

azwfan wrote:Listening to this interview... I like Oubre. He semi trashes his old organizations which isnt a good look, but he wants to be great and isnt afraid to let people know that.
Sarver is Cohan reincarnated..so I’ll give him a pass
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#291 » by azwfan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:12 am

Little Digger wrote:
azwfan wrote:Listening to this interview... I like Oubre. He semi trashes his old organizations which isnt a good look, but he wants to be great and isnt afraid to let people know that.
Sarver is Cohan reincarnated..so I’ll give him a pass

Can totally envision Draymond taking this guy under his wing and developing into a top notch defender.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#292 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:21 am

If he's a one-year rental, no need to make him a better defender.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#293 » by InWestWeTrust » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 am

wco81 wrote:If he's a one-year rental, no need to make him a better defender.

Financially not sure

Internally not sure

But Kelly himself expressed interest in making this his home in that 95.7 interview
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#294 » by Hopper15 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:45 am

The incentive to develop him is to increase his value in a sign and trade next offseason.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#295 » by azwfan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 am

Hopper15 wrote:

The incentive to develop him is to increase his value in a sign and trade next offseason.

Or if Wiggins excels, maybe his contract can be broken down into smaller parts this next offseason with only 2 years left on his contract and we can free up some money (if Oubre proves worth it).
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#296 » by Hopper15 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:36 am

azwfan wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:

Or if Wiggins excels, maybe his contract can be broken down into smaller parts this next offseason with only 2 years left on his contract and we can free up some money (if Oubre proves worth it).

Yes. Having options is always good. If Oubre proves to be worthy, you have the luxury to keep him and move Wiggins instead. Both guys have a great opportunity to increase their value.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#297 » by Little Digger » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Or you can keep Oubre, Wiggins and Thompson..plenty of minutes available
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#298 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Little Digger wrote:Or you can keep Oubre, Wiggins and Thompson..plenty of minutes available

This. It's going to be expensive for a couple years, but maybe Curry/Klay/Green who are going to be past their primes may give big discounts to stick around.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#299 » by WarriorGM » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Oubre has a terrific opportunity to raise his stock. If the Warriors do well Oubre's agent can legitimately argue in the next round of negotiations he's worth north of $50 million a year and someone has already paid that much for his services.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#300 » by superunknown » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Or you can keep Oubre, Wiggins and Thompson..plenty of minutes available

This. It's going to be expensive for a couple years, but maybe Curry/Klay/Green who are going to be past their primes may give big discounts to stick around.

they will have to sign team-friendly deals if they want to try to win more rings in the future.
They've all been taken (good) care of.
I understand steph was underpaid back in the days when he had issues with his ankles, but after he made up for that with the supermax.
klay will basically sit out 2 whole seasons while getting almost 70M (a contract he was given when he was in an uncertain place after tearing his ACL), so while I don't mean in any shape or form he "owes" the franchise, at the same time he and his entourage should rember this when his current deal will be up.
dray as well got his $$.

probably it will be steph to set the tone, as his deal is up in 2022 when he'll be UFA. for klay and green it'll have to wait till 2024.

Return to Golden State Warriors