ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 roster thread

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 44,815
And1: 50,208
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#61 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:31 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/sources-warriors-eyeing-four-free-agent-bigs-after-james-wiseman-pick?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

Reports out saying Warriors eyeing for a big. Do you think Serge Ibaka will take the MLE ($6 mil)? Then D-Rose with DPE ($9.3 mil)?

Curry / Rose / Mannion
Wiggins / Poole / Lee / Klay*
Oubre /
Green / Paschall
Wiseman / Ibaka / Looney / Chriss / Smiley

Mulder and Tuscano likely gone. We still need shooters at 3 and 4. Ibaka would be nice, but God dam, we'd have so many bigs...


there is no way Ibaka signs for just 6 million yall trippin lol
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 6,796
And1: 172
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#62 » by TB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 pm

Two options I prefer:

D Rose with DPE and GR3 as FA signing to be backup wing.

McDermott with DPE and Dunn as FA to backup PG.

I don't know what would need to be given up to get Rose or McDermott, but they are my favorite DPE targets.
donkeylips
Starter
Posts: 2,034
And1: 776
Joined: Apr 22, 2010

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#63 » by donkeylips » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:39 pm

for the doe, rose and tucker would be my targets. i doubt they can get rondo but i would like him. warriors need high iq players now more than ever.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 44,815
And1: 50,208
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#64 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:40 pm

i like Dunn mention actually, not a shooter obviously but can really D up in the back court, good fit defensively with Steph, and is still young. if we can get him with either the DPE or MLE that would be a nice coup.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 44,815
And1: 50,208
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#65 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:45 pm

E'Twaun Moore is interesting for the MLE to me, shot over 40+ from 3 for a couple of seasons, serviceable defensively, still 31

get Rose/Moore with the DPE/MLE and call it a day
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
SpreeS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,553
And1: 982
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
 

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#66 » by SpreeS » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Gasol DPE
McDermot MLE
Dunn VTM
xdrta+
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,086
And1: 2,843
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#67 » by xdrta+ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:37 pm

Doing him a favor, he can catch on with another team.

Read on Twitter
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,342
And1: 218
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#68 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:44 pm

clyde21 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/sources-warriors-eyeing-four-free-agent-bigs-after-james-wiseman-pick?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

Reports out saying Warriors eyeing for a big. Do you think Serge Ibaka will take the MLE ($6 mil)? Then D-Rose with DPE ($9.3 mil)?

Curry / Rose / Mannion
Wiggins / Poole / Lee / Klay*
Oubre /
Green / Paschall
Wiseman / Ibaka / Looney / Chriss / Smiley

Mulder and Tuscano likely gone. We still need shooters at 3 and 4. Ibaka would be nice, but God dam, we'd have so many bigs...


there is no way Ibaka signs for just 6 million yall trippin lol


Rick Barry and Larry Biel (ABC7) had recently said they'd want him on this team. Cap-wise, yeah, ain't gonna happen.
User avatar
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 6,796
And1: 172
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#69 » by TB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:45 pm

What if we go real crazy and do something like:

- Looney, Lee, Smiley for McDermott (if pacers trade Turner and Warren for Gordon Hayward this could help their depth)

- DPE Rose using a couple 2nd rounders

- MLE Baynes

- Vet Min GR3

Steph / Rose / Mannion
Wiggins / Poole / Mulder
Oubre / McD / GR3
Dray / Paschall
Baynes / Wiseman / Chriss
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 44,815
And1: 50,208
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#70 » by clyde21 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:44 pm

TB wrote:What if we go real crazy and do something like:

- Looney, Lee, Smiley for McDermott (if pacers trade Turner and Warren for Gordon Hayward this could help their depth)

- DPE Rose using a couple 2nd rounders

- MLE Baynes

- Vet Min GR3

Steph / Rose / Mannion
Wiggins / Poole / Mulder
Oubre / McD / GR3
Dray / Paschall
Baynes / Wiseman / Chriss


in that scenario I would rather throw in Chriss instead of Smiley.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
vagelis
Rookie
Posts: 1,123
And1: 385
Joined: Jan 04, 2015

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#71 » by vagelis » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:17 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Doing him a favor, he can catch on with another team.

Read on Twitter


Derrick Rose to Warriors confirmed :)
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,526
And1: 509
Joined: Jun 19, 2012
     

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#72 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:32 pm

It'd be nice to get Rose via trade based around Looney/Poole, McDermott for DPE, GRIII vet min, Aaron Baynes for MLE

Curry/Rose/Hot Tamale
Wiggins/Lee/Mulder/Klay (IR)
Oubre/GRIII/JTA
Green/McDermott/Paschall
Wiseman/Baynes/Chriss/Smiley
All I want for Christmas is #FullSquad
Ilovethebay
Junior
Posts: 392
And1: 40
Joined: Feb 08, 2012
     

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#73 » by Ilovethebay » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:31 pm

clyde21 wrote:
TB wrote:What if we go real crazy and do something like:

- Looney, Lee, Smiley for McDermott (if pacers trade Turner and Warren for Gordon Hayward this could help their depth)

- DPE Rose using a couple 2nd rounders

- MLE Baynes

- Vet Min GR3

Steph / Rose / Mannion
Wiggins / Poole / Mulder
Oubre / McD / GR3
Dray / Paschall
Baynes / Wiseman / Chriss


in that scenario I would rather throw in Chriss instead of Smiley.

Really ? I think you see something in him that most don't. Unless Smiley overhauls his body, I don't see a big jump for him.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 44,815
And1: 50,208
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#74 » by clyde21 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:44 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
TB wrote:What if we go real crazy and do something like:

- Looney, Lee, Smiley for McDermott (if pacers trade Turner and Warren for Gordon Hayward this could help their depth)

- DPE Rose using a couple 2nd rounders

- MLE Baynes

- Vet Min GR3

Steph / Rose / Mannion
Wiggins / Poole / Mulder
Oubre / McD / GR3
Dray / Paschall
Baynes / Wiseman / Chriss


in that scenario I would rather throw in Chriss instead of Smiley.

Really ? I think you see something in him that most don't. Unless Smiley overhauls his body, I don't see a big jump for him.


i would rather just have that 3rd unit player be someone developmental like Smiley, in that scenario the majority of minutes at C are gonna be split between Baynes, Dre and Wiseman, even Paschall tossed in, all what's left is garbage minutes and I would rather give those to someone like Smiley than Chriss.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
Swift21
General Manager
Posts: 8,187
And1: 254
Joined: Jan 05, 2004

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#75 » by Swift21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:27 am

Read on Twitter


Usually takes a week or two to be granted.
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
Posts: 10,316
And1: 1,963
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: San Francisco
     

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#76 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 am

every player worth 9.3m will be gone by then
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,290
And1: 1,346
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#77 » by Quazza » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:42 am



Who was the last guy we had that could regularly finish like this ? Maybe Barnes, but he really didnt use his athleticism anywhere near enough. J Rich ?

anyway, its been a while since weve had anyone like this, someone whom Coxy can drop his patented "Highlight Dunks Yall"
KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
The-Power
Head Coach
Posts: 6,276
And1: 5,435
Joined: Jan 03, 2014
Location: Germany
   

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#78 » by The-Power » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:59 am

clyde21 wrote:in that scenario I would rather throw in Chriss instead of Smiley.

Chriss last year has shown that he can be a serviceable NBA player and I believe we can use any legitimate NBA player right now. Smiley just isn't, at least not right now. Chriss can also slide to the 4 next to a Center who can shoot 3's – I don't see that positional versatility with Smiley.

Generally, I do appreciate what Chriss brings to the table. He can be a good energy big for us who makes plays on defense, is a lob plus offensive rebounding threat, and can really pass in the role of a big man. It seems to me that Kerr is very aware of that as well.

Quazza wrote:anyway, its been a while since weve had anyone like this, someone whom Coxy can drop his patented "Highlight Dunks Yall"

Well, Chriss made a lot of highlight dunks last year, and Paschall had his fair share as well. McGee too, for that matter. But I agree with the overall notion that Oubre can really dunk it (and wants to) from the wing position. Quite different from Wiggins, who for some reason decided that he doesn't want to dunk (anymore).
Scoots1994
Starter
Posts: 2,320
And1: 310
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#79 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:44 am

The Warriors are not going to play 15 players meaningful minutes. Every team has players at the end of the roster who are there for potential not for this season. Mannion and Smiley are those players this year.
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
Posts: 10,316
And1: 1,963
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: San Francisco
     

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#80 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:40 am

what are our guaranteed contracts right now? I got..

Steph
Wiggins
Oubre
Dray
Wisegod

Wanamaker
Poole
Looney
Chriss
Paschall
Mulder
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors