ImageImageImageImageImage

Who will be the best Lottery big from the last 3 Drafts?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Who will be the best lottery big of the last 3 drafts?

James Wiseman (2020)
44%
Zion Williamson (2019)
38%
DeAndre Ayton (2018)
6%
Onyeka Okongwu (2020)
6%
Obi Toppin (2020)
No votes
Jaren Jackson Jr (2018)
3%
Wendell Carter Jr (2018)
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 34

wupuck
Freshman
And1: 18

Who will be the best Lottery big from the last 3 Drafts? 

Post#1 » by wupuck » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:23 am

I believe the Warriors were extremely fortunate to land Wiseman. His combination of size, talent and maturity I believe will make him a multiple time All-Star if not an elite level center. Considering the Bulls were offering Wendell Carter Jr in hopes of moving into the top 3, I'm glad the Dubs didn't make the move as I think Wiseman will be a better player than WCJ. Who do you think will be the best of the bunch and why? Limiting to just the top of the lottery guys so this List doesn't get to long.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Re: Who will be the best Lottery big from the last 3 Drafts? 

Post#2 » by whatisacenter » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:51 am

kind of early to tell when we haven't even seen some of the guys on the list actually play an NBA game...I hope it's Wiseman.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#3 » by Coxy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:30 pm

It’ll be Ayton or Jimmy Wiseguy. Zion’s body is a ticking timebomb.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#4 » by Little Digger » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:47 pm

If you include the USC big from the 21 draft, I’d take him..Hoping JW proves otherwise

If Zion drops 40 pounds , he’d be my no brainer pick
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#5 » by TinoDubs » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Right now, it's Zion. If you have Zion and want to trade for someone, you can start the conversion with Zion.
wupuck
Freshman

Post#6 » by wupuck » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 am

Coxy wrote:It’ll be Ayton or Jimmy Wiseguy. Zion’s body is a ticking timebomb.

I listed Ayton on there!
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#7 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:37 am

With what we know right now:
1. Zion: absolute freak, he already demostrated he's effective at NBA level. Only concern is his durability. Talent-wise there is no competition here.
2. DeAndre Ayton: potentially a great two way player. His rookie season wasn't as impressive as KAT's for example, but he's showing much better balance in his game between the two halves of the court. He was penalized by the suspension last season, but he's still only 22 and already showing great progress. Maybe he'll never be a top 5 player in the league, but he's so damn good.
3. James Wiseman: he's the unknown. Great specimen, intriguing skillset and potentially a great situation in Golden State. I can't put him higher becaue Zion and Ayton have already proven they can do well at NBA level, the same can't be said for Wiseman yet.

I also like JJJ, he was a little bit disappointing last season, he needs to work a lot on his game to get to enter the elite club.
Wendell isn't bad, but he doesn't project as anything more than a good role player.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,142

Post#8 » by TB » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:23 pm

If injuries don't play a role, it's Zion.

At 19, he basically had Blake Griffin's rookie year while scoring 8 points more per 36 with more efficiency. He's an offensive machine with more defensive potential than Blake had.

After that it's probably Ayton. Who was the best prospect of the bunch and now has CP3.

That being said, I can see Wiseman jumping ahead of Ayton, he just seems to have a work ethic and high character that may help him get to his potential more than Ayton.
wupuck
Freshman

Post#9 » by wupuck » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:19 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:With what we know right now:
1. Zion: absolute freak, he already demostrated he's effective at NBA level. Only concern is his durability. Talent-wise there is no competition here.
2. DeAndre Ayton: potentially a great two way player. His rookie season wasn't as impressive as KAT's for example, but he's showing much better balance in his game between the two halves of the court. He was penalized by the suspension last season, but he's still only 22 and already showing great progress. Maybe he'll never be a top 5 player in the league, but he's so damn good.
3. James Wiseman: he's the unknown. Great specimen, intriguing skillset and potentially a great situation in Golden State. I can't put him higher becaue Zion and Ayton have already proven they can do well at NBA level, the same can't be said for Wiseman yet.

I also like JJJ, he was a little bit disappointing last season, he needs to work a lot on his game to get to enter the elite club.
Wendell isn't bad, but he doesn't project as anything more than a good role player.

Agree with these assessments. Really hard to judge Wiseman, but from the limited information we've heard about Wiseman, I'm pretty happy w/ his maturity and work ethic so far. Durant couldn't fit in the core because he just ran in different circles than Curry/Draymond/Thompson. But if they can bond over practices and long practices (helps that dubs own Wisemans rights for a while) that should help bridge the gap.

I really only know of these bigs over Fantasy and the limited # of games I watched and this agrees from my POV. I do think Zion is a beast but I also think he's got along way to go with his shooting. If he doesn't improve on it over the next couple of years, I do think his efficiency will go down as defenders - especially larger ones - will simply guard him on the post and push him away from the basket out of his comfort zone.

Also agree that CP3 will help Ayton alot.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,784

Post#10 » by floppymoose » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:40 pm

No Bam? I guess he was 4 draft ago...
B-King
Rookie
And1: 204

Post#11 » by B-King » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:33 pm

Zion might be more of a big 3 like Larry Johnson. Let's hope he stays healthy.

Ayton is pretty smooth and will benefit tremendously with the addition of Paul.

The rookie class has yet to be seen in the NBA. Tobin will have good numbers, but wasn't high on my list. I liked Wiseman and Okongwu coming into the draft.

Let's hope it is Wiseman!
wupuck
Freshman

Post#12 » by wupuck » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:11 am

floppymoose wrote:No Bam? I guess he was 4 draft ago...

I really like Bam. But yeah, just wanted to go back 3 years - partially because of Zion and Bulls were offering WCJ to try and trade up.

Was hoping Dubs could find their Bam who I thought Okongwu could be. Although I'm hoping Wiseman is better than Bam.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,728

Post#13 » by gswhoops » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:16 pm

Zion, and then Ayton, are in tiers by themselves right now IMO. No GM would take any player other than Zion #1 or Ayton #2.

After that I'll say JJJ, Wiseman, Okongwu, Toppin, WCJ
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#14 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:06 am

Ask me on January 1st :)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wupuck
Freshman

Post#15 » by wupuck » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:17 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Ask me on January 1st :)

Is it Tipoff yet?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,077

Post#16 » by The-Power » Tue Dec 1, 2020 12:50 pm

gswhoops wrote:Zion, and then Ayton, are in tiers by themselves right now IMO. No GM would take any player other than Zion #1 or Ayton #2.

After that I'll say JJJ, Wiseman, Okongwu, Toppin, WCJ

What has Ayton done so far that justifies this assessment? Ayton has been a fine player but nothing close to dominant or being a clear-cut franchise piece. I prefer JJJ and honestly, I'd roll the dice on Wiseman as well (had them as comparable prospects coming out of college, but Ayton's development hasn't been that great that I'd take it over the realistic hope that Wiseman develops better). Ayton is more skilled offensively and has more nimble feet on defense, but Wiseman plays with more physicality on both ends and seems poised to protect the paint better – if neither develops into a star-player, I prefer Wiseman's profile as a starting big.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#17 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:12 pm

Depends on your definition of "best". If it's points it could be several of them, if it's wins it should be Wiseman.

Return to Golden State Warriors