ImageImageImageImageImage

Let me know when ya'll willing to start the convo about Myers

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Let me know when ya'll willing to start the convo about Myers 

Post#201 » by Little Digger » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:28 pm

BTW ..The conversation should be about Joey Lightyears and his two boy’s Captain Kirk and Clark Kent.. ..Not Bob Myers

Get at the root
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#202 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:37 pm

That's not an option, he's not selling.

Maybe Ellison will bring a buckets of cash though he'd probably be a terrible meddling owner, firing people too soon.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#203 » by ClutchUp » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:39 pm

gswhoops wrote:
wco81 wrote:I don't have too much problem with the sign and trade for Russell which cost the team the first round pick (which year?).

That turned into Wiggins and the Wolves pick, which is likely to end up much higher than the pick that the Warriors gave up.

Yes it would be good to have Iggy but he was going to want far more money than the team was willing to pay him after his contract ran out. Would they have paid him $17 million or whatever the Heat are paying him this year?

Say we make the same deal that Memphis did for Iguodala (which seems like a possibility since they'd probably want to do right by Iggy rather than keeping him plugging away for a bottom feeder).

Would you rather walk into this offseason with Winslow, all of our firsts, and a huge TPE from the KD trade; or Wiggins, the smaller Iggy TPE, and the MIN pick?

I think the Min pick will be the most valuable asset of this scenario. So I'd lead towards the latter.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#204 » by Little Digger » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:40 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
wco81 wrote:I don't have too much problem with the sign and trade for Russell which cost the team the first round pick (which year?).

That turned into Wiggins and the Wolves pick, which is likely to end up much higher than the pick that the Warriors gave up.

Yes it would be good to have Iggy but he was going to want far more money than the team was willing to pay him after his contract ran out. Would they have paid him $17 million or whatever the Heat are paying him this year?

Say we make the same deal that Memphis did for Iguodala (which seems like a possibility since they'd probably want to do right by Iggy rather than keeping him plugging away for a bottom feeder).

Would you rather walk into this offseason with Winslow, all of our firsts, and a huge TPE from the KD trade; or Wiggins, the smaller Iggy TPE, and the MIN pick?

I think the Min pick will be the most valuable asset of this scenario. So I'd lead towards the latter.
by far
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#205 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:my problem with Myers has never been about the fact that he's missed picking late (although I would've clearly gone in a better direction almost every single time he's picked)...my problem with Myers are the TYPES of players he's drafted, as if he has no idea what kind of system his own team is running or what archetypes are not only viable but a must in today's NBA.

no one hits on every pick or wins every trade or always makes the best signing...but almost every single transaction Myers has made since West has left the building has been a losing one for the Warriors, with no clear direction or plan. you don't go from a historic team, one of the smartest teams of all time to whatever we're watching today in just TWO seasons just because Klay is injured. this is called a managerial failure.

Myers is a GM without a clear vision for team building/retooling and modern NBA theory...and the fact that people on this board are more willing to talk **** about West (the man who delivered us those 3 chips) in the process of defending a guy like Myers speaks volumes on its own.

this isn't to prop up West (like he needs us propping him up), this is to point out that Myers has not earned any semblance of the loyalty and benefit of the doubt that Warriors fans continuously seem to give him.

He didn't deliver us those 3 chips though. That just fits your stanning for Jerry West. I'm not even truly defending Myers either, but you continually keep giving all the credit to West is just flat out wrong. The entire reason we have 3 chips is Steph (the doing of Nellie and Riley) and KD. KD was recruited by Dray, Steph, Klay, Iguodala, Myers, West and Lacob. So why does West get all the credit? All because Marc Spears said West had separate call with KD? So did Steph, Dray and Myers. You have no idea how much each call influenced him and that's a fact.

Otherwise, Klay was probably a West pick, so that's his contribution, and Draymond was probably a Myers pick. Then Iguodala, Shaun, West, etc don't sign with us if it weren't for the aforementioned moves.

In other words, credit should go to a lot of people.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#206 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:44 pm

Little Digger wrote:BTW ..The conversation should be about Joey Lightyears and his two boy’s Captain Kirk and Clark Kent.. ..Not Bob Myers

Get at the root

based on what? do you actually have any proof that Kent/Kirk are the ones calling personnel shots? or are ya'll literally trying to scapegoat everyone else in the org EXCEPT for Myers?

in any case, talking about firing owners is a useless convo.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#207 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:53 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
clyde21 wrote:my problem with Myers has never been about the fact that he's missed picking late (although I would've clearly gone in a better direction almost every single time he's picked)...my problem with Myers are the TYPES of players he's drafted, as if he has no idea what kind of system his own team is running or what archetypes are not only viable but a must in today's NBA.

no one hits on every pick or wins every trade or always makes the best signing...but almost every single transaction Myers has made since West has left the building has been a losing one for the Warriors, with no clear direction or plan. you don't go from a historic team, one of the smartest teams of all time to whatever we're watching today in just TWO seasons just because Klay is injured. this is called a managerial failure.

Myers is a GM without a clear vision for team building/retooling and modern NBA theory...and the fact that people on this board are more willing to talk **** about West (the man who delivered us those 3 chips) in the process of defending a guy like Myers speaks volumes on its own.

this isn't to prop up West (like he needs us propping him up), this is to point out that Myers has not earned any semblance of the loyalty and benefit of the doubt that Warriors fans continuously seem to give him.

He didn't deliver us those 3 chips though. That just fits your stanning for Jerry West. I'm not even truly defending Myers either, but you continually keep giving all the credit to West is just flat out wrong. The entire reason we have 3 chips is Steph (the doing of Nellie and Riley) and KD. KD was recruited by Dray, Steph, Klay, Iguodala, Myers, West and Lacob. So why does West get all the credit? All because Marc Spears said West had separate call with KD? So did Steph, Dray and Myers. You have no idea how much each call influenced him and that's a fact.

Otherwise, Klay was probably a West pick, so that's his contribution, and Draymond was probably a Myers pick. Then Iguodala, Shaun, West, etc don't sign with us if it weren't for the aforementioned moves.

In other words, credit should go to a lot of people.

if you don't want to give ALL the credit to West fine -- but West's track record speaks for its damn self and not just for the Warriors, and I don't believe it's a coincidence that two years after he left the building we go from historic to whatever this is.

but the main point is what has Myers done to earn benefit of the doubt? not giving West ALL the credit is one thing, giving Myers this level of unearned loyalty and benefit of the doubt is something different altogether.

im not saying Myers should be fired tomorrow (not sure I trust the Lacob clan to find a better replacement tbh)...but to act like he also shouldn't be on the hot seat and this shouldn't be a convo is ridiculous.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#208 » by Ilovethebay » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:02 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:BTW ..The conversation should be about Joey Lightyears and his two boy’s Captain Kirk and Clark Kent.. ..Not Bob Myers

Get at the root

based on what? do you actually have any proof that Kent/Kirk are the ones calling personnel shots? or are ya'll literally trying to scapegoat everyone else in the org EXCEPT for Myers?

Proof would be hard to come by, but a guy who inserts his son in a major front office role does seem like the guy who would have a nominal gm and not one with a great deal of autonomy. Cant think of the gm's name in Toronto but I'm sure Myers doesn't have that type of autonomy.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#209 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:14 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Get at the root

Proof would be hard to come by, but a guy who inserts his son in a major front office role does seem like the guy who would have a nominal gm and not one with a great deal of autonomy. Cant think of the gm's name in Toronto but I'm sure Myers doesn't have that type of autonomy.

if Myers felt like he didn't have the autonomy he needs/wants he could've walked out of that building two years ago after West left and there would've been plenty of teams ready to throw the bank at him, including the Lakers who were trying to pry him away from us at the time. he can walk away now and easily get another job with more autonomy today based on his reputation alone.

i dunno, I'm not in that building, but I doubt that's the issue. seems like it's just more grasping at straws to literally blame everyone else BUT Myers for some reason, ya'll just refuse to criticize this dude for some weird reason it's odd.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#210 » by Ilovethebay » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:20 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

if Myers felt like he didn't have the autonomy he needs/wants he could've walked out of that building two years ago after West left and there would've been plenty of teams ready to throw the bank at him, including the Lakers who were trying to pry him away from us at the time. he can walk away now and easily get another job with more autonomy today based on his reputation alone.

i dunno, I'm not in that building, but I doubt that's the issue. seems like it's just more grasping at straws to literally blame everyone else BUT Myers for some reason, ya'll just refuse to criticize this dude for some weird reason it's odd.

Lol. Don't get it twisted. We partly agree. I just think they all (Myers,Lacob, and his son) have been bad instead of just Myers.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#211 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:22 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:Proof would be hard to come by, but a guy who inserts his son in a major front office role does seem like the guy who would have a nominal gm and not one with a great deal of autonomy. Cant think of the gm's name in Toronto but I'm sure Myers doesn't have that type of autonomy.

Lol. Don't get it twisted. We partly agree. I just think they all (Myers,Lacob, and his son) have been bad instead of just Myers.

ok even if that were true...we can't replace the Lacobs...what's the point of even saying this?
wco81
RealGM

Post#212 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:22 pm

I don't have too big of a problem with them not extending West.

He's only going to work for so many more years and is probably working on a very part-time basis anyways.

I wish Lacob had paid him but it sounds like Ballmer would have severely outbid him anyways.

But I don't know if the talent evaluation is limited mainly to Myers, the Lacobs and Kerr or they have professional scouts as well.

Or if they've replaced Schlenk and whoever he may have taken with him.

I hope the voices in the room are not limited to just a handful of these people.

GSW may have two top lotto picks in the 2021 draft. They may still have a lotto pick in the 2022 draft as well.

So potentially 3 lotto picks in the next two drafts that they HAVE to ABSOLUTELY nail.

This is where they have to seriously consider if they want to go forward with the current front office and coaching staff.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#213 » by Old_Blue » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:26 pm

Let's see if I can impart a little wisdom into this conversation from my experience as a Red Sox fan...

After Klay went down, it was not realistic to expect this year's squad to make a deep run in the playoffs. So, what did ownership do? They went out and dumped a reported $85 million (salary + additional luxury tax) plus a protected first round draft pick into acquiring Kelly Oubre. At the time, the move reminded me of the dreadful weekend when the Red Sox acquired both Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez as free agents. The rationale at the time was "Sure, these guys aren't perfect (Hanley was being asked to play a position - left field - that he'd never played before.) But we've got holes to fill and we've got the money. May as well spend it." An interesting thing about organizations of any type (whether they be corporations, branches of the military or professional sports teams) is their tendency to equate the size of their budget with their relevance. Almost $200 million wasted and win shares you could count on one hand later, the excess displayed by the Red Sox that fateful day could only be described as a fool's errand. A few more years went by and John Henry (the same owner who had OKed the Sandoval and Ramirez signings) approached negotiations with his young superstar centerfielder Mookie Betts with a slightly different mindset. A little lighter in his pocketbook, Henry repeatedly failed to meet Betts' salary requests while the player was still years away from free agency. Negotiations eventually broke down completely and the Red Sox were forced to trade Betts for a fraction of his worth. The moral of the story is that money lost is never forgotten, not in the eyes of ownership. Wealthy people rue their past financial mistakes like unrequited lovers rue the ones who got away. However bad any of us think this season is turning out, the day will come when Warriors fans will really pay for this season's mishandling. This is not going to end well and money will eventually be both the cause and excuse for whatever happens.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#214 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:33 pm

Little Digger wrote:
FNQ wrote:
wco81 wrote:From the Game 5 thread:

OK, so who could the Warriors get? A big-name GM? With the huge luxury taxes, Lacob may be unwilling or unable to pay a high salary.

So it would have to be probably someone who's worked in an organization under a big-name like Morey or Ainge.

But whoever they might hire, they'd have to work with the Lacob's sons and maybe the lack of other scouting voices on the team. IOW, they might be stuck making the same kind of drafting and personnel decisions unless the new GM is allowed to bring in several people.

The other thing is, besides the poor draft picks, they've let players go who are rotation players for other teams, like Boucher and Nunn. That makes me suspicious about their player development staff and the ability to evaluate the players they have on hand.

Who would be the people working with Wiseman? Collins? Who is going to train Wiseman to add muscle? I don't think it's realistic to expect Adams to work a lot with him, especially when he's at an age when he should be distancing. So they need to have a coach who's going to be tough on him.

Did they ever replace Schlenk and whomever he might have taken to Atlanta?

I suspect that the Warriors are a lot weaker in player evaluation and development than a team like the Spurs. They have found guys like White or Joseph, who came into the league without much of a pedigree but are solid enough players to have long careers.

I'm not mad about one-off scrubs finding homes in other places. If they dont fit here, they don't fit here. Thats something that always fries me when people evaluate these journeymen - its more likely they didnt spontaneously improve, just found a roster niche that fits them well.

My beef with them is and has been asset management. The DLo trade, the whole circus around it, was a debacle. We traded the still useful Iguodala along with a long-term future 1st, all for the rights to sign one of the biggest drags in the league to a max contract. I dont really hate the 2019 draft (didnt have anyone I liked) but missing out on Trent in 2018 and only having 2 draft picks that even were reasonably successful since 2014 (Looney, Paschall) aside from Wiseman is just untenable for our financial situation.

Or in short, we have a Jerry Jones like owner. Which is still better than what we had before, but there's a serious lack of evaluating talent going on in GS, and it needs to be addressed, and fast. Curry's shelf life is dwindling
I’ll take that Minnesota lottery pick easily over keeping Iguodala and a warriors pick

Its been salvaged nicely, but damn were we lucky that the Wolves were so threatened by KAT potentially leaving that they jumped on the grenade for us
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#215 » by Little Digger » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:41 pm

FNQ wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
FNQ wrote:
I'm not mad about one-off scrubs finding homes in other places. If they dont fit here, they don't fit here. Thats something that always fries me when people evaluate these journeymen - its more likely they didnt spontaneously improve, just found a roster niche that fits them well.

My beef with them is and has been asset management. The DLo trade, the whole circus around it, was a debacle. We traded the still useful Iguodala along with a long-term future 1st, all for the rights to sign one of the biggest drags in the league to a max contract. I dont really hate the 2019 draft (didnt have anyone I liked) but missing out on Trent in 2018 and only having 2 draft picks that even were reasonably successful since 2014 (Looney, Paschall) aside from Wiseman is just untenable for our financial situation.

Or in short, we have a Jerry Jones like owner. Which is still better than what we had before, but there's a serious lack of evaluating talent going on in GS, and it needs to be addressed, and fast. Curry's shelf life is dwindling
I’ll take that Minnesota lottery pick easily over keeping Iguodala and a warriors pick

Its been salvaged nicely, but damn were we lucky that the Wolves were so threatened by KAT potentially leaving that they jumped on the grenade for us

You know Lacob waited for two weeks for the wolves to bend over and give the warriors what they wanted...Right up to the deadline..That’s some serious poker..I’ll get on their a** for making dumbsh*t moves ..You know that..But threads like these usually turn into 100% whinny fests..Warriors did a great job acquiring that pick
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#216 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:51 pm

All of last year when Nunn was competing for ROY as a player we cut I was frustrated. I was also frustrated that Boucher was looking like a young Ibaka draining 3’s and blocking shots. I didn’t like House getting away and turning into a starter on the Rockets. But I took a deeper dive on the direction the Warriors have went with the G-Leaugue.

Seth Curry - He was actually probably the first player that sparked my interest in the G-League. We had him for years through multiple cuts without giving him a shot in the NBA. Today Seth is a prolific 3 point shooter on an Eastern Conference contender, he shot 45% from 3p last year. Instead of Curry we gave NBA opportunities to Marshon Brooks and Nemanja Nedovic who are no longer in the NBA.

Dewayne Dedmon - Was with Santa Cruz multiple times, only appeared with the Warriors for four games. Eventually Dedmon left and really carved out a role, he’s played 7 years in the NBA starting half the time. He has a 12rpg per 36 average. Instead of Dedmon we decided to go with Hilton Armstrong and Ognjen Kuzmic who are no longer in the NBA.

Justin Holiday - Brother of Jrue we brought him in and developed him down in Santa Cruz, he eventually made the NBA club and played well in the time he was given. Following a solid year with the Warriors we opted to decline his option and he left. Holiday shot 40% from 3p last year and has become a key rotation player for Indiana. Instead we decided to go forward with James McAdoo who is no longer in the NBA.

Chris Boucher & George’s Niang - Chris and George’s were brought in and developed at the G-League level. Boucher being a 3&D big and George’s as a point forward. Neither ever got run with the NBA club. Chris is now averaging 10ppg 6rpg 2.5bpg on 40% from 3p range in 18mpg for the Raptors. George’s is a key rotation player with the Utah Jazz and shot 40% from 3p range last year. Instead the Warriors went with Jordan Bell who is currently not in the NBA, and Damian Jones who is now in Phoenix.

Danuel House - House was a guy we brought in for Summer League and Training Camp, he was eventually cut. House signed with the Rockets and has started almost ever since on a playoff team as an athletic 3&D specialist. House shot 36% from 3p last year. Instead we decided to go forward with Jacob Evans who is not currently in the NBA.

Kendrick Nunn - Nunn was with Santa Cruz for a few years in our development system. Nunn never made the NBA squad and eventually signed on with the Miami Heat where he became a starter with the Eastern Conference Champions. Nunn averaged 15ppg last year and 35% from 3p and was a finalist for ROY. Instead we decided to go forward with Ky Bowman who was recently cut by the Clippers.

It seems to me like we have an idea of who should be brought into our program. We also seem to have developed some NBA players who have found a role. The problem is that for whatever reason we have a hard time differentiating who is going to be good at the NBA level. Maybe we are looking at guys to fill specific roles. Like drafting for need rather than best player available but within our system.

Getting to the pro level in any sport has a lot of politics involved, maybe we as an organization are to involved in the politics and not the eye test. For whatever reason we draft guys who other teams cut right away. We develop guys who we let go who become big time rotation players for playoff teams.

One thing in common with all the guys we decided to go forward with who didn’t make it work at the NBA level is they can’t shoot. All the guys who we’ve had who left and carved out roles elsewhere can shoot.

Don’t mean to be negative, I just thought the choices within our development program was fascinating.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#217 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:58 pm

Little Digger wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Little Digger wrote: I’ll take that Minnesota lottery pick easily over keeping Iguodala and a warriors pick

You know Lacob waited for two weeks for the wolves to bend over and give the warriors what they wanted...Right up to the deadline..That’s some serious poker..I’ll get on their a** for making dumbsh*t moves ..You know that..But threads like these usually turn into 100% whinny fests..Warriors did a great job acquiring that pick

Lacob is the aggressive poker player, if he's the one doing the leaning, he's in his element, but if you flip it onto him, I think he's overmatched. He leaned on the pot committed Wolves

Never will complain about the Wiggins trade though, not after I did at first. I bought into the idea that he was the worst player and hadnt watched MIN in years. So happy the masses got that wrong

I think the Oubre deal is what gets me most.. no real cost to the franchise, but really feels like they checked the boxscores, thought this was the best deal they could do, and made the move all too quickly. Now we have a Pietrus that cost us buku money and we wont be shedding him this year most likely. And god help us all if they try and extend him
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#218 » by Little Digger » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:07 pm

I heard they were after JJ Redick and Oubre was either their back up plan or a last minute panic move
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,859

Post#219 » by 510TWSS » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:39 pm

I know it's not fair to hindsight criticize end of round draft picks but Evans and Poole are/were just massive misses for me. I don't even watch college ball, so the first time I get to see these guys play is opening night.

I just remember thinking neither one really has the 'juice'. Evans has been confirmed and Poole it's not looking real promising but he's not fully buried yet.

I'm glad I wasn't super into the draft like others around here and end up ruing the nights when a Gary Trent-type rolls into town. Although having said that I was watching the SAS-LAL game and Keldon Johnson looks legit. I go to look up when and where he was drafted and whaddaya know, one spot after Poole.

Grr...
wco81
RealGM

Post#220 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:45 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:All of last year when Nunn was competing for ROY as a player we cut I was frustrated. I was also frustrated that Boucher was looking like a young Ibaka draining 3’s and blocking shots. I didn’t like House getting away and turning into a starter on the Rockets. But I took a deeper dive on the direction the Warriors have went with the G-Leaugue.

Seth Curry - He was actually probably the first player that sparked my interest in the G-League. We had him for years through multiple cuts without giving him a shot in the NBA. Today Seth is a prolific 3 point shooter on an Eastern Conference contender, he shot 45% from 3p last year. Instead of Curry we gave NBA opportunities to Marshon Brooks and Nemanja Nedovic who are no longer in the NBA.

Dewayne Dedmon - Was with Santa Cruz multiple times, only appeared with the Warriors for four games. Eventually Dedmon left and really carved out a role, he’s played 7 years in the NBA starting half the time. He has a 12rpg per 36 average. Instead of Dedmon we decided to go with Hilton Armstrong and Ognjen Kuzmic who are no longer in the NBA.

Justin Holiday - Brother of Jrue we brought him in and developed him down in Santa Cruz, he eventually made the NBA club and played well in the time he was given. Following a solid year with the Warriors we opted to decline his option and he left. Holiday shot 40% from 3p last year and has become a key rotation player for Indiana. Instead we decided to go forward with James McAdoo who is no longer in the NBA.

Chris Boucher & George’s Niang - Chris and George’s were brought in and developed at the G-League level. Boucher being a 3&D big and George’s as a point forward. Neither ever got run with the NBA club. Chris is now averaging 10ppg 6rpg 2.5bpg on 40% from 3p range in 18mpg for the Raptors. George’s is a key rotation player with the Utah Jazz and shot 40% from 3p range last year. Instead the Warriors went with Jordan Bell who is currently not in the NBA, and Damian Jones who is now in Phoenix.

Danuel House - House was a guy we brought in for Summer League and Training Camp, he was eventually cut. House signed with the Rockets and has started almost ever since on a playoff team as an athletic 3&D specialist. House shot 36% from 3p last year. Instead we decided to go forward with Jacob Evans who is not currently in the NBA.

Kendrick Nunn - Nunn was with Santa Cruz for a few years in our development system. Nunn never made the NBA squad and eventually signed on with the Miami Heat where he became a starter with the Eastern Conference Champions. Nunn averaged 15ppg last year and 35% from 3p and was a finalist for ROY. Instead we decided to go forward with Ky Bowman who was recently cut by the Clippers.

It seems to me like we have an idea of who should be brought into our program. We also seem to have developed some NBA players who have found a role. The problem is that for whatever reason we have a hard time differentiating who is going to be good at the NBA level. Maybe we are looking at guys to fill specific roles. Like drafting for need rather than best player available but within our system.

Getting to the pro level in any sport has a lot of politics involved, maybe we as an organization are to involved in the politics and not the eye test. For whatever reason we draft guys who other teams cut right away. We develop guys who we let go who become big time rotation players for playoff teams.

One thing in common with all the guys we decided to go forward with who didn’t make it work at the NBA level is they can’t shoot. All the guys who we’ve had who left and carved out roles elsewhere can shoot.

Don’t mean to be negative, I just thought the choices within our development program was fascinating.

This is all damning.

I think Holiday improved after he left the team.

But they're missing on most of their evaluations.

Return to Golden State Warriors