ImageImageImageImageImage

Let me know when ya'll willing to start the convo about Myers

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,180

Re: Let me know when ya'll willing to start the convo about Myers 

Post#241 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:45 am

neither Myers or Kerr deserve any credit, all credit goes to Steph and lesser extent Dray, i'm even willing to give Wiggy credit before I give any to Myers or Kerr

the fact that Kerr is still incapable of seeing that you can't start both Oubre and Dray is mindboggling
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#242 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:49 am

Apres Moi wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Apres Moi wrote:
Honestly, is there a GM in the league who "gets rid" of Durant mid-season, barring a trade request or like idk criminal charges?

I have no opinion on whether Myers is a good GM, but this just seems like a strange expectation.

Long time no see!!! Seriously it’s been years.

Hey man! I got banned for getting angry about people supporting Trump... in like 2015, I think.

Lol....to funny!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Apres Moi
RealGM
And1: 1,015

Post#243 » by Apres Moi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:49 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Apres Moi wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Long time no see!!! Seriously it’s been years.

Hey man! I got banned for getting angry about people supporting Trump... in like 2015, I think.

Lol....to funny!

Haha, apparently "personal attacks" were, at the time, a more serious offense than repeatedly posting white supremacy. Anyway. I only just realized I wasn't banned any more. Nice to see a familiar handle. Cheers!
"Neural correlates are used to verify notions of happiness, along with introductions of various ideas and comparisons. It's no longer an issue of saying 'I feel [x].'"

Postbro1 wrote:You can literally love someone to death.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#244 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:52 pm

Apres Moi wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Apres Moi wrote:

Lol....to funny!

Haha, apparently "personal attacks" were, at the time, a more serious offense than repeatedly posting white supremacy. Anyway. I only just realized I wasn't banned any more. Nice to see a familiar handle. Cheers!

Glad you’re back. Jump on some Warrior talk. You were one of my favorites based on using context to make a point. Sadly that can be a rarity around here at times.

And a complete no go on the GB lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Apres Moi
RealGM
And1: 1,015

Post#245 » by Apres Moi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:59 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Apres Moi wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Lol....to funny!

Glad you’re back. Jump on some Warrior talk. You were one of my favorites based on using context to make a point. Sadly that can be a rarity around here at times.

And a complete no go on the GB lol

Yah, for sure. TBH I got a little bored with basketball after the Warriors got insanely good. Now that they're a weird patchwork of cast-offs & late round picks, things are getting interesting again.
"Neural correlates are used to verify notions of happiness, along with introductions of various ideas and comparisons. It's no longer an issue of saying 'I feel [x].'"

Postbro1 wrote:You can literally love someone to death.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#246 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:56 am

I hate this stupid thread but I will acknowledge that Myers messed up not taking Keldon Johnson unless Poole eventually breaks out in a way we haven't seen yet.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#247 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:39 am

Myers needs to clean up the need for better draft picks. But not all bad.
Khoee wrote “
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,678

Post#248 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:26 am

Meyers = a B may e B+ for now. Good luck fibdibg anybody better than him.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#249 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 am

Honestly, I don't give two turds about any recent personnel decision Myers has made - with the exception of cutting Chris Boucher loose after only playing one stinking NBA game. Dude is quickly making Siakam redundant. He's shooting 57/40/71 with 13.5 points, 6 boards and 2 blocks per game in less than 21 minutes of playing time. Imagine Boucher in the Warriors starting five instead of Oubre. Ridiculous screw up on the part of Myers.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#250 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Old_Blue wrote:Honestly, I don't give two turds about any recent personnel decision Myers has made - with the exception of cutting Chris Boucher loose after only playing one stinking NBA game. Dude is quickly making Siakam redundant. He's shooting 57/40/71 with 13.5 points, 6 boards and 2 blocks per game in less than 21 minutes of playing time. Imagine Boucher in the Warriors starting five instead of Oubre. Ridiculous screw up on the part of Myers.

Yeah that one bugged me, but to be fair he's 2 years older than Jordan Bell, is on 2 damaged legs, and was super raw and seemed slow to learn when he was with the Warriors. He's 27 years old and has played only 99 pro games. Also chances are Boucher didn't want another g-league contract with the Warriors when he saw there was no shot to move up to the main team any time soon. Add to that that Kerr may have been the one to want Boucher gone.

But yeah, there is a LONG list of players the Warriors have had and given up on that I'd like to have back.
tal57
Junior
And1: 92

Post#251 » by tal57 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:09 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:Honestly, I don't give two turds about any recent personnel decision Myers has made - with the exception of cutting Chris Boucher loose after only playing one stinking NBA game. Dude is quickly making Siakam redundant. He's shooting 57/40/71 with 13.5 points, 6 boards and 2 blocks per game in less than 21 minutes of playing time. Imagine Boucher in the Warriors starting five instead of Oubre. Ridiculous screw up on the part of Myers.

Yeah that one bugged me, but to be fair he's 2 years older than Jordan Bell, is on 2 damaged legs, and was super raw and seemed slow to learn when he was with the Warriors. He's 27 years old and has played only 99 pro games. Also chances are Boucher didn't want another g-league contract with the Warriors when he saw there was no shot to move up to the main team any time soon. Add to that that Kerr may have been the one to want Boucher gone.

But yeah, there is a LONG list of players the Warriors have had and given up on that I'd like to have back.

Well you touched on something that may not necessarily absolve shrewd GM of wrong doing, but it does explain and obviously takes away the "incompetence" label from Myers as well. That is being that for 5 years the team was so entrenched, it was extremely hard to move up anywhere with the team. Forget the starters, that applied to backups as well. With Iggy and Livingston as backup fixtures, while constantly bringing in several savvy veterans like West on the backend of their career looking for the ring. Obviously on the minimum contracts they were so much more preferable than to promote D Leaguers or undrafted rookies/youngsters.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#252 » by Old_Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:37 am

tal57 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Well you touched on something that may not necessarily absolve shrewd GM of wrong doing, but it does explain and obviously takes away the "incompetence" label from Myers as well. That is being that for 5 years the team was so entrenched, it was extremely hard to move up anywhere with the team. Forget the starters, that applied to backups as well. With Iggy and Livingston as backup fixtures, while constantly bringing in several savvy veterans like West on the backend of their career looking for the ring. Obviously on the minimum contracts they were so much more preferable than to promote D Leaguers or undrafted rookies/youngsters.

Boucher went undrafted and was coming off an ACL injury his senior season. He would have signed any contract the Warriors put before him. He's also a high character individual who would have fit in perfectly with the rest of the team. He should have been given a fair shot with the Warriors.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/nba/nba-toronto-raptors-boucher-baynes-official-1.5816531
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#253 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:32 am

Old_Blue wrote:
tal57 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Boucher went undrafted and was coming off an ACL injury his senior season. He would have signed any contract the Warriors put before him. He's also a high character individual who would have fit in perfectly with the rest of the team. He should have been given a fair shot with the Warriors.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/nba/nba-toronto-raptors-boucher-baynes-official-1.5816531

They let him go because he wanted an opportunity elsewhere. Its about relationships not just controlling people. In this case, looks like a mistake, but thats the philosophy and its been pretty consistent throughout the years. If you weren't whining about it then, its kinda odd to whine about it now... but maybe you were. I was a big Boucher believer at the time but I didn't even whine about letting him go. He was no guarantee, we didnt have a spot for him, and he obviously wanted opportunity elsewhere.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Dasein
Senior
And1: 447

Is Bob Meyers Overrated? 

Post#254 » by Dasein » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:14 am

It seems like he is incapable of building through the draft without Jerry West. I know that the Warriors usually have late round draft picks, but he whiffs almost every time.
- He passed on Keldon Johnson for Jordan Poole
- He passed on Talen Horton Tucker for Jordan Poole and Smailagic
- He drafted Jacob Evans, probably the worst player in the NBA
- He drafted Damian Jones

For the other picks that were actually good, like Draymond and Klay, those were when Jerry West was also in the front office. I think Jerry West was the reason why the Warriors front office was elite, and now that he left the Warriors the front office is not so good at evaluating talent. Wanted to get all your thoughts on this.
HomegrownRebel wrote: I'd rather have John Wall, Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Nene, and Paul Pierce than the Warriors team. And you can keep thinking Durant would come there. Very doubtful. He loves his hometown and area. Why would he want to live closer to fruitcakes?
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Re: Is Bob Meyers Overrated? 

Post#255 » by BG » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Warriors!!!
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#256 » by Rudruff » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:04 pm

Who is saying nice things about Meyers? I didn't think that was allowed on this board.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#257 » by mos_def » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Dasein wrote:It seems like he is incapable of building through the draft without Jerry West. I know that the Warriors usually have late round draft picks, but he whiffs almost every time.

For the other picks that were actually good, like Draymond and Klay, those were when Jerry West was also in the front office. I think Jerry West was the reason why the Warriors front office was elite, and now that he left the Warriors the front office is not so good at evaluating talent. Wanted to get all your thoughts on this.

Ill defend Meyers on the picks.
-Keldon plays more SF with the Spurs. At 6'5'' that isnt in the Jerry West playbook which he inherited
-Alot of teams passed on THT cuz he is still an undersized wing. Once we got rid of Monta years ago I pretty much took it as a mandate as an organization that small wings would not be on the team
-Evans and Jones we can nit pick with hindsight 20/20 vision cuz we also got McCaw in the draft. Zubac would have been nice but not many people were selected after those two.

I think where Meyers messes up with the misses is that he drafts shooting guards that played point in high school and think they will get a multi-dimensional player that late in the draft.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,180

Post#258 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:08 pm

yall don't even know how to spell Myers

and yes, massively overrated. i honestly don't think he even understands the team's overarching system and what it requires from its players.

that said, NBA GMs in general are pretty much garbage aside from a handful...so Lacob can probably do worse.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#259 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:08 pm

If you start a thread about a guy, and you presume to know what you’re talking about, maybe you can learn how to spell the dudes name at least.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#260 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:11 pm

mos_def wrote:
Dasein wrote:It seems like he is incapable of building through the draft without Jerry West. I know that the Warriors usually have late round draft picks, but he whiffs almost every time.

Ill defend Meyers on the picks.
-Keldon plays more SF with the Spurs. At 6'5'' that isnt in the Jerry West playbook which he inherited
-Alot of teams passed on THT cuz he is still an undersized wing. Once we got rid of Monta years ago I pretty much took it as a mandate as an organization that small wings would not be on the team
-Evans and Jones we can nit pick with hindsight 20/20 vision cuz we also got McCaw in the draft. Zubac would have been nice but not many people were selected after those two.

I think where Meyers messes up with the misses is that he drafts shooting guards that played point in high school and think they will get a multi-dimensional player that late in the draft.

I like Myers, but the drafting has been suspect for sure.

In the Jones draft, I lobbied for Brogdon
In the Evans draft I wanted Shake Milton

So there’s a couple of dudes who would have helped or brought us a trade piece. Didn’t understand those two picks specifically and also effing Jordan Poole. Whoever the scout was that made that pick was projecting without evidence.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors