ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Oubre PRONTO.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#641 » by killmongrel » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:29 am

Why oh why did some of you even think he'd come off the bench? This is why it was so weird to see some of you change your tune about him when he want on that hot streak. Why would a young player who hasn't gotten the big pay day yet want to take a discount and come off the bench when in all honesty he can be a well paid starter for another team? Good job Myers, we just killed an important salary slot.
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#642 » by DIO » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:41 pm

At least that’d ensure Golden State could get something back for Oubre, as opposed to letting him leave for nothing. A league source told The Chronicle that the Warriors turned down multiple “compelling” offers for Oubre in recent days.

Oubre, 25, figures to have plenty of interest from teams when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer. League sources told The Chronicle that he could command contracts worth north of $20 million annually. If the Warriors aren’t willing to pay Oubre, or if they believe he wouldn’t re-sign with them for what would likely be a sixth-man role in 2021-22, they would have been wise to deal him.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/warriors/article/Why-Warriors-could-have-a-tough-time-re-signing-16054728.php
:crazy:
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#643 » by vagelis » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:13 pm

I wonder how people are fine with Oubre getting a 20mpy contract but they think that Wiggins is vastly overpaid with 30mpy.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#644 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:32 pm

DIO wrote:
At least that’d ensure Golden State could get something back for Oubre, as opposed to letting him leave for nothing. A league source told The Chronicle that the Warriors turned down multiple “compelling” offers for Oubre in recent days.

Oubre, 25, figures to have plenty of interest from teams when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer. League sources told The Chronicle that he could command contracts worth north of $20 million annually. If the Warriors aren’t willing to pay Oubre, or if they believe he wouldn’t re-sign with them for what would likely be a sixth-man role in 2021-22, they would have been wise to deal him.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/warriors/article/Why-Warriors-could-have-a-tough-time-re-signing-16054728.php
:crazy:

The key is that offers for other expiring players, or offers that would have tried to pluck one of our draft assets to balance the trade were not really productive and don't advance the larger issues.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,149

Post#645 » by TB » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:01 pm

Very curious what the Danny Green trade was, if there was an offer on the table.

I also find it interesting that the 20m annually number keeps getting automatically floated around. Of course Oubre wants that, but he was literally the worst player in the league for a good portion of this year. I don't think any team is throwing 20m a year at him unless he goes absolutely off the rest of the year. I don't even think other teams would sign him longterm for 15m a year at this point.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#646 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:08 pm

TB wrote:Very curious what the Danny Green trade was, if there was an offer on the table.

I also find it interesting that the 20m annually number keeps getting automatically floated around. Of course Oubre wants that, but he was literally the worst player in the league for a good portion of this year. I don't think any team is throwing 20m a year at him unless he goes absolutely off the rest of the year. I don't even think other teams would sign him longterm for 15m a year at this point.

I am pretty certain that Meyers came to the same conclusion after hearing what was being offered in trade. And Myers was an agent. He should be pretty capable at reading those tea leaves. I don't think anyone is going to be convinced yet to give him 4 years from what he showed this year. He might even have to take a pay cut to get in a position to start on another pretty bad team.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#647 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:58 am

Read on Twitter
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#648 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:08 am

vagelis wrote:I wonder how people are fine with Oubre getting a 20mpy contract but they think that Wiggins is vastly overpaid with 30mpy.

I wonder why people who don't make a peep about the 2 years and $64 million remaining on WIggins' contract obsess about what kind of player Kelly Oubre is at $14.4 mil.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#649 » by FNQ » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:10 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
vagelis wrote:I wonder how people are fine with Oubre getting a 20mpy contract but they think that Wiggins is vastly overpaid with 30mpy.

I wonder why people who don't make a peep about the 2 years and $64 million remaining on WIggins' contract obsess about what kind of player Kelly Oubre is at $14.4 mil.

Because we can't change the Wiggins deal and he came with a lottery 1st
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,151

Post#650 » by cpower » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:24 am

Bob Myers is an idiot.. just look at the suns and look at us...and imagine how much better if we had Cp3 instead of Oubre...smh
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#651 » by FNQ » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:32 am

cpower wrote:Bob Myers is an idiot.. just look at the suns and look at us...and imagine how much better if we had Cp3 instead of Oubre...smh

what on earth are you talking about
cpower
RealGM

Post#652 » by cpower » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:33 am

FNQ wrote:
cpower wrote:Bob Myers is an idiot.. just look at the suns and look at us...and imagine how much better if we had Cp3 instead of Oubre...smh

i am talking about Bob Myers want Oubre to be our 6th man next season
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#653 » by FNQ » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:38 am

cpower wrote:
FNQ wrote:

So whats the CP3 thing about?
cpower
RealGM

Post#654 » by cpower » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:46 am

FNQ wrote:
cpower wrote:
FNQ wrote:

i used CP3 to show the impact of having a good player to replace a bad player.. you can think if we got Lowry and if he replaces Oubre...how good we will be.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#655 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:43 am

cpower wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Oubre wants to start and have a bigger role. Myers wants to re-sign him.

Its possible that Oubre will be starting if he re-signs. So wiggins will be traded or relegated to 6th man.
cpower
RealGM

Post#656 » by cpower » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:37 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
cpower wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Its possible that Oubre will be starting if he re-signs. So wiggins will be traded or relegated to 6th man.

none of this makes any sense...maybe they are trading Klay..i dont know what the heck is going on with this team
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#657 » by superunknown » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:18 pm

FO better have a masterplan in place for next season because right now the situation is worrisome to say the least.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#658 » by and1GS » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:24 pm

cpower wrote:
FNQ wrote:
cpower wrote:i am talking about Bob Myers want Oubre to be our 6th man next season

i used CP3 to show the impact of having a good player to replace a bad player.. you can think if we got Lowry and if he replaces Oubre...how good we will be.

You gotta give something to get something bud.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#659 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:30 pm

cpower wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
cpower wrote:i am talking about Bob Myers want Oubre to be our 6th man next season

none of this makes any sense...maybe they are trading Klay..i dont know what the heck is going on with this team

Someone won't get what they want. I'm betting it will be Oubre. He's not as hot s :censored: as he thinks he is. He's been a losing player at three stops now. Sooner or later it's not everybody else that's the problem.

The 2021 warriors actually have a worse winning percentage without Steph than the 2020 team did
Oubre has a negative RPM for the 4th consecutive year
He has a negative raw plus minus of a whopping 9 points per 100 possessions. The only player on the roster with a worse +/- is our 19 year old rookie who had played all of 3 high level basketball games before starting in the NBA

He makes us worse. He has made every team he has played for objectively worse so far in his career. NBA GMs and advanced stat analysts care about this stuff. This isn't a shooting slump. It's not a one game outlier. These are the trendlines of his career. He. Makes. Basketball. Teams. Worse. At. Basketball.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#660 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:49 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
cpower wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Someone won't get what they want. I'm betting it will be Oubre. He's not as hot s :censored: as he thinks he is. He's been a losing player at three stops now. Sooner or later it's not everybody else that's the problem.

If you want to use that logic, Oubre came to the worst team in the League and half a season later they are a .500 team.

Return to Golden State Warriors