ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Oubre PRONTO.

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

wco81
RealGM
Posts: 12,083
And1: 4,529
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#101 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:03 pm

How would it work with the TPE they used to trade for KO?

He's only under contract for 1 more year.

So if they get someone with couple more years left on the deal earning similar salaries, the Warriors can absorb such a player under their cap?

But those additional years, they'd be spending at least $80 million with the additional luxury taxes for the player or players they would get back?


Team like Denver may be interested since they've gotten off to a slow start and they may want a wing defender.

So they have Harris who's been a disappointment. He's not as long as KO but could defend some wings. He's shooting horribly now though.

Or maybe someone like Barton?

I have to think teams which would trade for KO would either want the Warriors to take back a bad contract or to give up assets for taking KO.

That's assuming Warriors can or are willing to take on a bad contract with all the luxury taxes they'd have to pay.

Could a team like the Wizards dump Bertans' contract since they're off to a poor start? Maybe after 25-30 games, they may want to try to lower their payroll.

Or if the Raptors can't turn it around, they dump contracts and would want to ship out someone like Anuoby.

Hornets may also look to shed contracts if they fall out of the playoffs race. Rozier is making a bit more than KO, though obviously GSW wants wings.

Have to see what happens with some other teams after another 15-20 games.
DAWill1128
Analyst
Posts: 3,576
And1: 970
Joined: Jun 17, 2004
   

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#102 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:07 pm

I don’t think we will trade Oubre, he’s good on defense and you need that in playoff matchups. I thought he did great on Lillard in game 2 and Fox.

I will say he seems like he’s in a big funk. I haven’t been able to figure out how Oubre averaged almost 20ppg a game last year, that means he was either consistently getting around 20 or he was inconsistent with 30 point games and low scoring games. Can you imagine getting 30 from Oubre every other game?

But how do you make a trade with Oubre work? Do you trade for another expiring contract and throw in a 2nd rounder?

Examples:
Oubre + 2nd rounder for Rudy Gay
Oubre + 2nd rounder for Patty Mills
Oubre + 2nd rounder for JJ Reddick

Are those guys on an expiring worth a 2nd rounder? Does it give us a better shot in the playoffs? Yeah, those guys can all hit tough shots. But are you sacrificing on defense? Yeah, absolutely.

Or do you include Looney and try to trade up talent wise? Or do you break Oubre’s contract into two guys? Personally if I really wanted to win I would trade Oubre to lock in a contract for next year so you have more talent and ability to make trades, it would literally enable the best shot we have at a Championship. Will Lacob take on the additional luxury tax? I don’t know. In 2018 the Warriors made an additional 130 million off 11 home playoff games.
SF_Warriors
Head Coach
Posts: 6,456
And1: 3,164
Joined: Jul 12, 2012

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#103 » by SF_Warriors » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:19 pm

Honestly an overreaction. We need this guy this season and we will not get comparable value in a trade.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 12,083
And1: 4,529
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#104 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:24 pm

If you trade Looney, you need a center back.
parsnips33
Starter
Posts: 2,460
And1: 627
Joined: Sep 01, 2014
 

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#105 » by parsnips33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:36 pm

Samurai wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
Samurai wrote:Unless he becomes the 35% 3-point shooter that he was last season, the current 13% shooter cannot play next to Draymond or Looney. Having two non-shooters together only invites teams to double/triple team Steph. We should be putting player combinations together that can help free up Curry, not just make it easier for opponents to smother him.


Well he's already playing with Draymond and Wiseman, I'm saying take out Wiseman and put in another shooter essentially.

My point is that I don't think Oubre should be playing with Draymond or Looney. I'd rather have him as part of the 2nd unit that is led by Wiggins and Paschall. We could also benefit by having his defense in there while Dray is resting. Wiseman is a rookie who has only played 12 games since his last high school game and will make mistakes accordingly. But he is developing and frankly his 43% shooting on 3's (currently best on the team among the starters) is not hurting our spacing. Plus I like Wiseman on the court with Dray because a) that is one of the best ways to learn how to play defense, b) his 43% deep shooting helps offset the 12% from Green and c) his vertical spacing is most effective with Dray's ability to throw the lob pass. I'd rather see someone who can space the floor and force the opponent to pay if they leave him open to double-team Curry (Lee/Bazemore/Mulder).


All fair points, I guess I'm still intrigued by the combination of him and Draymond defensively. Think Dray's ability to cover a large area defensively lets Oubre play more aggressive, which is where his strength is
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,314
And1: 9,278
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#106 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:44 pm

If you guys care about Stephs long term prognosis, you have to make the move of Oubre to the bench.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Samurai
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,100
And1: 1,913
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#107 » by Samurai » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:53 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:I don’t think we will trade Oubre, he’s good on defense and you need that in playoff matchups. I thought he did great on Lillard in game 2 and Fox.

I will say he seems like he’s in a big funk. I haven’t been able to figure out how Oubre averaged almost 20ppg a game last year, that means he was either consistently getting around 20 or he was inconsistent with 30 point games and low scoring games. Can you imagine getting 30 from Oubre every other game?


Just eyeballed his game log from last season; looks pretty consistent. He only had 3 games where he scored less than 10 points and those were due to just not shooting (don't know why) rather than shooting poorly. He only had one really bad game where he scored 1 point in 19 minutes (0-5 shooting including 0-4 from deep) but that looks like a real outlier. And (surprisingly) he only had 7 games in which he did not hit a 3-pointer. He actually had games where he shot 7-10, 5-9 and 7-9 from deep. So looking at the game logs, there is nothing there that I could see that could have foreshadowed the kind of shooting we are seeing from him this season. I'm the farthest thing imaginable from a data scientist, but I would guess that they would say that it is inevitable that the stats will start to even out. The question is how much more agony do we have to endure before that happens.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,215
And1: 10,584
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#108 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:21 pm

likashing wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Trading him at all is extremely unlikely. Just modify the role.

Put it this way.....if Klay were playing, then Oubre would be coming off the bench anyhow. So why wait? Seriously


Given how Wiggins is effective with the bench mob, I might start Oubre and bring Wiggins off the bench Iguodala style.

Sub out Oubre early for Wiggins. Then gradually sub out Draymond Klay Steph for bench mob.


No way. Wiggins is here for at least next season as well, Oubre sucks and he is gone at the end of the season. Oubre should just be Draymond's backup minutes.
FNQ wrote:Kelly Oubre Underperformance Award goes to Kelly Oubre

Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
Dom801e
Junior
Posts: 338
And1: 100
Joined: Jul 05, 2016

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#109 » by Dom801e » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:31 pm

It’s too early to dump him especially if it costs an a draft asset.

I would be heavily on board for Oubre + Wanamaker for Rubio.

Steph/Rubio/Mannion
Wiggins/Lee/Poole
Mulder/Bazemore/JTA
Green/Paschall/Smailagic
Wiseman/Looney

Doubt Min would be interested, but maybe they think they are getting a deal buying low on Oubre.
Old_Blue
Sophomore
Posts: 200
And1: 58
Joined: Jul 02, 2019
         

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#110 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 am

Dom801e wrote:It’s too early to dump him especially if it costs an a draft asset.

I would be heavily on board for Oubre + Wanamaker for Rubio.

Steph/Rubio/Mannion
Wiggins/Lee/Poole
Mulder/Bazemore/JTA
Green/Paschall/Smailagic
Wiseman/Looney

Doubt Min would be interested, but maybe they think they are getting a deal buying low on Oubre.


Minnesota traded a first round pick (Poku) and two future second round picks to acquire Rubio. They are NOT going to trade him for Oubre and Wanamaker.
ChuckDurn
Analyst
Posts: 3,210
And1: 498
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#111 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:50 am

SF_Warriors wrote:Honestly an overreaction. We need this guy this season and we will not get comparable value in a trade.

Sometimes the wisest thoughts are also the easiest to say.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ChuckDurn
Analyst
Posts: 3,210
And1: 498
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#112 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:56 am

Coxy wrote:
wupuck wrote:
Coxy wrote:I like to think I'm a pretty patient person. I believe in being patient financially and budgeting wisely, I've been through years of long term health recovery, and I waited 3 dates before suggesting a hand job from my now wife. However, Kelly Oubre has done gone and sent me shooting towards the insane asylum in 9 quick games. There are moments during these games where I start to wonder if I am in fact, a homocidal maniac, only to calm down enough to put down the machette and realise, it's just Kelly Oubre that is making me want to butcher human flesh.

He's got to go. He has no place on either the starting unit, nor the bench, ever.

I'm not giving up the Warriors 1st this season, nor the Minnesota pick either, but we have to shed this clown off the roster somehow. Therefore, how can we do this? I want to see some idea's here people, maybe we can swindle the Knicks into taking his ass? Perhaps Myers can get some dirt on Masi Ujuri's love life to get him to take him off our hands? How can we shoft this dude off the payroll, immediately.


You might be patient w/ finances but not as a Warriors Fan. Kerr said it should take this team about 20 games to really find their stride - remember almost all of them haven't played together before and of them a few haven't played for over 9 months. Curry was out for over a year as was Oubre who didn't play in the bubble as he was coming off a nasty injury. Dubs just finished game 9. Even Wiggins had 12 games last season to get a feel of the motion offense Kerr likes to play - Oubre hasn't even gotten to that point yet - he's only at game 11 if u count pre-season.

Clearly Oubre is lost out there and it looks like he feels like he's on an island as he almost never gets the ball. When he finally does, he just tries to drive w/ it so it's clear it's taking him longer to figure out this motion offense. He does look like he's still working on it but his confidence has to be shaken.

Yes he's hard to watch right now, but I'd like to believe he will figure this out and learn to be less selfish w/ the ball and eventually gain the trust of the rest of the team, whether as a starter or a bench player.


I'd be on board with this thinking, but Oubre has ZERO on court IQ. It's possibly the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen some poor players in my almost 30 years of Warrior basketball. He can't think the game in this sort of team, it's just too fast for his natural insticts, and it would take a labotomy for him to function in it. He coud be useful in another team cincept, like what Phoenix ran for him to get his numbers, but he's not going to be effective on a winning NBA team that needs high IQ decision makers at all times.

He's got to go for mine, or at the very least, be parked on the end of the bench.

Anybody happen to know how long it would take for Oubre to recover from a mid-season lobotomy? Is it a couple of weeks..... maybe a month?

Would be interesting to see the injury report:

Warriors:
Thompson - out (Achilles)
Smailagic - out (knee)
Oubre - out (lobotomy)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
HiRez
General Manager
Posts: 9,746
And1: 2,121
Joined: Dec 29, 2011

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#113 » by HiRez » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:17 am

Mylie10 wrote:If you guys care about Stephs long term prognosis, you have to make the move of Oubre to the bench.

It's really clear now that Oubre on the court with Steph just doesn't work. Even substituting one of our many scrubs for him instantly opens everything up and lets Steph do his thing, which is our only chance of winning games.

Sadly it's also clear that Wiseman currently has a similar effect. He's the future so he's gonna play but right now his presence kind of junks up Steph's game.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,695
And1: 647
Joined: Jun 19, 2012
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#114 » by InWestWeTrust » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:22 am

HiRez wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:If you guys care about Stephs long term prognosis, you have to make the move of Oubre to the bench.

It's really clear now that Oubre on the court with Steph just doesn't work. Even substituting one of our many scrubs for him instantly opens everything up and lets Steph do his thing, which is our only chance of winning games.

Sadly it's also clear that Wiseman currently has a similar effect. He's the future so he's gonna play but right now his presence kind of junks up Steph's game.


Eh, Wiseman will learn. Not the same situation with Kelly.
All I want for Christmas is #FullSquad
Old_Blue
Sophomore
Posts: 200
And1: 58
Joined: Jul 02, 2019
         

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#115 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:35 am

I was curious...Just how bad a three point shooter is Oubre? On his career, Oubre is shooting 32.2% from three. This season, he's shooting 6 of 45 (13.3%) from three. After doing a little research, I learned that not many guys have achieved the dubious distinction of shooting below 30% from three over their career. The worst three point shooter in NBA history was none other than Charles Barkley. The Round Mound of Rebound shot a paltry 26.6% from three over the course of his career. So, to put things in perspective, Oubre is a really bad three point shooter. But, he's not historically bad. That being said, if he shot 17 for 155 (11%) from three the rest of this season, then yes, Oubre would dip below 30% for his career and could then join the infamous ranks of the worst three point shooters of all time.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,215
And1: 10,584
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#116 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:37 am

Old_Blue wrote:I was curious...Just how bad a three point shooter is Oubre? On his career, Oubre is shooting 32.2% from three. This season, he's shooting 6 of 45 (13.3%) from three. After doing a little research, I learned that not many guys have achieved the dubious distinction of shooting below 30% from three over their career. The worst three point shooter in NBA history was none other than Charles Barkley. The Round Mound of Rebound shot a paltry 26.6% from three over the course of his career. So, to put things in perspective, Oubre is a really bad three point shooter. But, he's not historically bad. That being said, if he shot 17 for 155 (11%) from three the rest of this season, then yes, Oubre would dip below 30% for his career and could then join the infamous ranks of the worst three point shooters of all time.


Read on Twitter
FNQ wrote:Kelly Oubre Underperformance Award goes to Kelly Oubre

Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
Money_
Pro Prospect
Posts: 773
And1: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2014
 

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#117 » by Money_ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:39 am

I've seen James clog up the lane a little bit sort running into or even in front of Curry as he's headed to the rim looking for contact. Mostly during the first game vs the Clippers. That's the kind of thing that can get cleaned up with a few film sessions.

Definitely not the same thing that is going on with Oubre. Kerr needs to dip into the Phil Jackson toolbox for Oubre... meditation, smudge ceremony, etc...
I'm only half joking... lol
Samurai
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,100
And1: 1,913
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#118 » by Samurai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:59 am

InWestWeTrust wrote:
HiRez wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:If you guys care about Stephs long term prognosis, you have to make the move of Oubre to the bench.

It's really clear now that Oubre on the court with Steph just doesn't work. Even substituting one of our many scrubs for him instantly opens everything up and lets Steph do his thing, which is our only chance of winning games.

Sadly it's also clear that Wiseman currently has a similar effect. He's the future so he's gonna play but right now his presence kind of junks up Steph's game.


Eh, Wiseman will learn. Not the same situation with Kelly.

I agree that Wiseman will learn. Remember, Wiseman has only played 12 games since his last high school game. 12 games since he was sitting in high school homeroom as attendance was taken! If there is one guy that really could have used a normal pre-season training camp and Summer League, it's Wiseman. But he is, by all reports, an excellent student and willing to learn. He will look a lot better playing with Steph by the end of this season. This is Oubre's 6th NBA season; he can probably tweak his game here and there but he is largely the player that he can be already.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,314
And1: 9,278
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#119 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:59 am

What’s smudge ceremony? Never heard that before
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,387
And1: 1,403
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#120 » by Quazza » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:07 am

Coxy really meant this one too. Messaged me ..."i know you like your scrub jerseys, but you fkn better not get an Oubre "

:lol:
KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors