ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Oubre PRONTO.

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

kingcong95
Sophomore
Posts: 114
And1: 33
Joined: Nov 10, 2019
       

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#141 » by kingcong95 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:14 pm

If Lacob is willing to take on longer term money, it may be possible to get a pick or two.
Nets: Prince, Pacers 2nd to convey no later than 2023, our 2025 2nd back
Bulls: Either Young or Sato (both have partial guarantees next year), 2024 and 2025 2nds
Rockets: Gordon, the lesser of the DET and WSH protected 1sts starting in 2023 (if in any year, one conveys before the other, we get that)
mos_def
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,561
And1: 218
Joined: Jan 30, 2006
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#142 » by mos_def » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:26 pm

He isn't a good passer. His interior/ entry passes really lack
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,252
And1: 10,618
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#143 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:45 pm

kingcong95 wrote:If Lacob is willing to take on longer term money, it may be possible to get a pick or two.
Nets: Prince, Pacers 2nd to convey no later than 2023, our 2025 2nd back
Bulls: Either Young or Sato (both have partial guarantees next year), 2024 and 2025 2nds
Rockets: Gordon, the lesser of the DET and WSH protected 1sts starting in 2023 (if in any year, one conveys before the other, we get that)


I'd be staying away from Eric Gordon, just for the simple fact he has a big money deal for the next 4 years. How he swindled Morey into that I have no idea.
FNQ wrote:Kelly Oubre Underperformance Award goes to Kelly Oubre

Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 52,217
And1: 14,266
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#144 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:39 am

Coxy wrote:
kingcong95 wrote:If Lacob is willing to take on longer term money, it may be possible to get a pick or two.
Nets: Prince, Pacers 2nd to convey no later than 2023, our 2025 2nd back
Bulls: Either Young or Sato (both have partial guarantees next year), 2024 and 2025 2nds
Rockets: Gordon, the lesser of the DET and WSH protected 1sts starting in 2023 (if in any year, one conveys before the other, we get that)


I'd be staying away from Eric Gordon, just for the simple fact he has a big money deal for the next 4 years. How he swindled Morey into that I have no idea.


I mean we did ink DLo to a max extension ourselves.. desperate times and all that
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,252
And1: 10,618
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#145 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:56 am

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
kingcong95 wrote:If Lacob is willing to take on longer term money, it may be possible to get a pick or two.
Nets: Prince, Pacers 2nd to convey no later than 2023, our 2025 2nd back
Bulls: Either Young or Sato (both have partial guarantees next year), 2024 and 2025 2nds
Rockets: Gordon, the lesser of the DET and WSH protected 1sts starting in 2023 (if in any year, one conveys before the other, we get that)


I'd be staying away from Eric Gordon, just for the simple fact he has a big money deal for the next 4 years. How he swindled Morey into that I have no idea.


I mean we did ink DLo to a max extension ourselves.. desperate times and all that


Yeah but Gordon is old and can barely stay on court. That extention was bizzare to me.
FNQ wrote:Kelly Oubre Underperformance Award goes to Kelly Oubre

Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
likashing
Head Coach
Posts: 6,478
And1: 1,934
Joined: Jun 06, 2013

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#146 » by likashing » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:50 am

FNQ wrote:
likashing wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:I know it's not the cool thing to say but...we need to be as patient with Oubre as Kerr is being. Kerr has earned that right with 5 trips to the Finals and 3 rings. Nobody's perfect but Kerr is as close to it as they come.


I disagree. New team. New system. Dude is having difficulties 9 games in. Waive him immediately! Pronto!


:lol: I definitely get that vibe, but I wonder.. what do we think is the best case here? I still think he's Pietrus, where he's gonna give you a very aesthetically pleasing play so often, can play good defense, but will also make you question how he can tie his shoes in the morning.

When you have a player with a consistent problem - someone like Wiggins - I think Kerr can work with that. But Oubre's kind of a manic player, and working with that seems to be laced with millions of variables, and at a certain point you have to wash your hands of it, because you spend so much time/energy catering to that person instead of the team and its success

I have trouble seeing him as a successful cog in the machine here. He's not a shooter, but he wont stop shooting. He's not a creator, but he still drives a ton into help defense. He has Steph yelling at him for things everyone should know - but hasnt corrected them yet (not the first time he's forgotten to screen Steph's man in the corner). There's not a lot of room for optimism with him at this point, and I mean that as someone who's seen these Pietrus-esque flashes in PHX last year


I see what you mean FNQ. I’m just saying I prefer to give him a few more games.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 12,114
And1: 4,542
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#147 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:09 am

Aaron Gordon maybe, not Eric Gordon.
kingcong95
Sophomore
Posts: 114
And1: 33
Joined: Nov 10, 2019
       

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#148 » by kingcong95 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:16 am

wco81 wrote:Aaron Gordon maybe, not Eric Gordon.


That would require us to add the pick and we're dangerously short on those. Maybe it could be done with Paschall?
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
Posts: 10,490
And1: 2,068
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: Sacramento
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#149 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:38 am

I hated Oubre’s game with the Wiz and Suns but I was so desperate after Klay went down I talked myself into thinking he was good, especially since we barely gave anything up to get him. But he is indeed a butthole.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,611
And1: 716
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#150 » by killmongrel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:52 am

I'm still giving Oubre more time. But I'm looking at maybe Oubre/filler for Barnes or Gallo if Lacob is willing to spend the money.
Old_Blue
Sophomore
Posts: 200
And1: 58
Joined: Jul 02, 2019
         

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#151 » by Old_Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 am

Oubre went 1 for 6 from three and RAISED his season percentage. Yeesh.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,335
And1: 9,282
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#152 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:11 am

Lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
whatisacenter
Analyst
Posts: 3,341
And1: 4,490
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#153 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:19 pm

the warriors are not going to trade Oubre unless he starts playing better and the team falls out of the playoff hunt. It would take another team that is going nowhere with a player on a long term deal that would want him just for an expiring and the dubs would probably still need to add an asset at the moment. Dumb to sell low, just letting him expire would be a better move IMO.
mos_def
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,561
And1: 218
Joined: Jan 30, 2006
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#154 » by mos_def » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:26 pm

Batum looking good right now, huh?
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,335
And1: 9,282
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#155 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:05 pm

I’m gonna have to back off the push for Kelly to go to the bench.

The organization is rallying around Oubre starting. Mike Brown was just on the radio backing him up.

So I guess they think Oubre is to fragile to be moved to the bench. Not because he can’t hit a shot either, but because of spacing issues for Steph.

But bottom line is that if Klay were playing, he’d be on the bench anyhow. Paschall and Oubre could be a nice duo with the other guard shooters on that bench.

But whatever, gonna let it go for now because I’m just banging my head against the wall.


Sorry Steph, I tried
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,837
And1: 2,702
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
 

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#156 » by Little Digger » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Maybe they want to build his trade value?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
Posts: 10,490
And1: 2,068
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: Sacramento
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#157 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I’m gonna have to back off the push for Kelly to go to the bench.

The organization is rallying around Oubre starting. Mike Brown was just on the radio backing him up.

So I guess they think Oubre is to fragile to be moved to the bench. Not because he can’t hit a shot either, but because of spacing issues for Steph.

But bottom line is that if Klay were playing, he’d be on the bench anyhow. Paschall and Oubre could be a nice duo with the other guard shooters on that bench.

But whatever, gonna let it go for now because I’m just banging my head against the wall.


Sorry Steph, I tried


He does do some good things on D and deserves more time on his shooting woes. He's obviously not going to be shooting 10% for the year from 3P. If we weren't aware that our owner was dropping an extra 80 mill on him we probably wouldn't be making this big of a stink.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 9,026
And1: 1,655
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#158 » by Onus » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:09 pm

If Kerr is able to salvage oubre and turn him into a real cog. COY!

He has a lot of warts outside of his shooting struggles
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,335
And1: 9,282
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#159 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 pm

Again, it’s not about his shooting. It’s his lack of understanding of how to move within the system. He allows the opposing teams to load up on Steph.

I know he can shoot better. That’s only part of the issue.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,252
And1: 10,618
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#160 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Again, it’s not about his shooting. It’s his lack of understanding of how to move within the system. He allows the opposing teams to load up on Steph.

I know he can shoot better. That’s only part of the issue.


He has so many more on court issues other than the shooting woes. Watching him play makes me wonder if he’s ever been coached before.
FNQ wrote:Kelly Oubre Underperformance Award goes to Kelly Oubre

Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?

Return to Golden State Warriors