ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Oubre PRONTO.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#601 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:16 am

FNQ wrote:Maybe Oubre's not worth an extension? Maybe his skillset doesnt help our team and can be better used on someone with better awareness?

The nice thing about this assessment is it will be tested in the real world.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#602 » by FNQ » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:38 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:I figured there would be a "Chris Mullin is an idiot" objection. But wasn't Mullin the GM the last time the Warriors went to the playoffs, before the Lacob era? We Believe?

So because he was better than Twardzik and St Jean his opinions carry weight?

He was awful. He was briefly involved with the Kings FO and they made horrible decisions too. And has since not been involved with anyone's front office.

Ok, Chris Mullin is awful so whatever he says, Warriors should do the opposite.

Based on his decisions, its a far more likely than him being right on detailed analysis.

I know I wouldnt cite a conclusively failed GM/exec as evidence that my opinion is right. I wouldnt even cite a successful one. The numbers dont lie and Oubre has been brutal.. watching him on defense has been brutal..
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#603 » by FNQ » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:38 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:I'm not worried about Oubre's BBIQ and awareness. And I think the Warriors love him. I think some fans made a snap decision about Oubre and now they feel they have to keep it up even after Oubre has proved them wrong. It's ok to change ones assessment - I changed mine about Wiseman. I didn't like him, I thought LaMelo was the best player in the draft. But now I love Wiseman - he needs a lot of development but you can see he is going to be a very good player, and possibly great.

Good assessments shouldnt change based on whether or not the player is hitting shots.

Horrible defensive rotations (getting worse actually) but at least he's not getting in Steph's way anymore? Meanwhile we got him for what's likely a 2nd and its very unlikely he's raised his value.. and we're supposed to believe the W's are excited about signing him to his next deal?

Don't you think if Oubre was blowing his assignments, Kerr would yank him?

Kerr does, a lot.

We played Wanamaker for half a season. Your constant appeal to authority means nothing to me
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#604 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:57 am

FNQ wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Good assessments shouldnt change based on whether or not the player is hitting shots.

Horrible defensive rotations (getting worse actually) but at least he's not getting in Steph's way anymore? Meanwhile we got him for what's likely a 2nd and its very unlikely he's raised his value.. and we're supposed to believe the W's are excited about signing him to his next deal?

Don't you think if Oubre was blowing his assignments, Kerr would yank him?

Kerr does, a lot.

We played Wanamaker for half a season. Your constant appeal to authority means nothing to me

Actually, wanamakers defense wasnt that bad. It was his offense that was putrid.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#605 » by cpower » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:35 pm

we should not be playing Oubre anymore...he is not staying with us anyway ...

what is Myers waiting for? pull the trigger for god sake
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#606 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:18 pm

Oubre + Wanamker + Paschall for Thaddeus Young + Wendell Carter Jr.? It's not a winning trade, but then again this isn't a winning season for us, too. And we need to get anything for an expiring contract.

Curry/Mannion
Lee/Poole/Mulder
Wiggins/JTA
Green/Young
Wiseman/Carter Jr./Smiley
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#607 » by wco81 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Celtics are said to be considering offering Langford, Nesmith and their FRP which would probably in the mid to high teens or low 20s for Harrison Barnes since they need someone who can space the floor and defend 3 or 4, occasionally get his shot with the shot clock winding down.

They may have to throw in Thompson though I don’t ‘now why Kings would want him unless he’s on a cheap salary next year and Holmes is a UFA.

KO and our own FRP for Barnes?
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,148

Post#608 » by TB » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:32 pm

Would absolutely love to swap Oubre for Barnes or Thad without using any picks. Basically giving cap relief and throwing in Paschall and Smiley if they want them.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#609 » by FNQ » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:44 pm

cpower wrote:we should not be playing Oubre anymore...he is not staying with us anyway ...

pretty sure advocating for murder is a big no no
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#610 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:33 am

FNQ wrote:
cpower wrote:we should not be playing Oubre anymore...he is not staying with us anyway ...

This has me dying. LOL

In all seriousness he is losing major value every game. We're getting close to 'can you give us a back of rotation player under contract for 2 years?' territory.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#611 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:50 pm

and1GS wrote:
FNQ wrote:

This has me dying. LOL

In all seriousness he is losing major value every game. We're getting close to 'can you give us a back of rotation player under contract for 2 years?' territory.

To be fair, I think he's rehabbed his value to 'can you give us back a rotation player under contract for 2 years" value, more than fallen to it

Keep in mind, his value, which was basically peaking after last season, was as expiring trade filler / a likely 2nd round pick.. maybe the thought was that we could pump up his value from that SRP, and if not, it was an acceptable loss? At least that has to be the hope at this point.. I cant imagine Oubre's tape painted a different picture than the one we're seeing, and if it did to our FO, that's a huge problem.

The bar was lowered so much for him that just being a good cutter is not only acceptable, its celebrated.. there have been people hoping to give him his next contract even. The guy is simply a bad fit for us, and needs to go to a simpler, slower paced team to be effective.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#612 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:51 am

espn wrote:The Warriors are listening to lots of potential offers on Oubre, league sources said. They don't seem to feel much urgency to move Oubre, sources said. On the flip side, Golden State seems to be taking a pretty honest view of what this particular roster can do this season -- and might be willing to move Oubre for something that helps it in the future, league sources said.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#613 » by FNQ » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:46 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
espn wrote:The Warriors are listening to lots of potential offers on Oubre, league sources said. They don't seem to feel much urgency to move Oubre, sources said. On the flip side, Golden State seems to be taking a pretty honest view of what this particular roster can do this season -- and might be willing to move Oubre for something that helps it in the future, league sources said.

This is about as good of news as you could hear if you want Oubre traded

1 - they're listening to a lot of offers ("get in while you can, lots of interest, we swear!"
2 - no urgency to move Oubre ("hes not asked for a trade and we're not going to trade him just to get rid of him")
3 - might be willing to flip Oubre if it helps in the future ("no win-now **** please, no expirings")

Which is the smartest stance to take publicly while basically acknowledging he's on the block. While not nearly as monumental, I think I'm gonna be giddy when we trade him, like Murphleavy
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#614 » by wco81 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:56 am

I think teams know that the worst thing would be for the Warriors to let KO walk without anything in return.

Second worst thing may be to re-sign him to a longer deal.

So they have to know the Warriors want to move him.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#615 » by ahmetmekin » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:29 am

Bogdan Bogdanovic is very skilled (creative, good shooter in particular good spot up shooter, shot creator, ball handler) and pretty smart guy (he was the best offensive player on the Euroleague champs in 2017 and the coach was Obradovic which means that the team is very organized, ball movement team). On top of that he is known to be a very good clutch time performer.
I have no doubts he would be a good fit, he can be a sixth man of the year candidate for the warriors.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#616 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:26 am

Read on Twitter

Top 10 free agent money. 4/90? Would everyone be good with that?
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#617 » by DevinVassell » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:51 am

Top 10 highest paid contract? That's some major delusion right there.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#618 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:11 am

DevinVassell wrote:Top 10 highest paid contract? That's some major delusion right there.

I assume its top 10 highest free agent contract this off season.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#619 » by DevinVassell » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:19 am

ok tah, makes more sense.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#620 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter