ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Oubre PRONTO.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#81 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:18 pm

He definitely needs to change the way he plays to a certain extent. If he’s being stubborn then screw him. Seriously he’s not in the long term plans. Hoodwinked, no, a guy not fully understanding what he’s supposed to do out there, yes.

Whether he’s just dense, or can’t change his ways, change it for him then. The long rope sounds good, sounds loyal, but we’ve got games to win and we don’t really have time to wait for a guy to GET IT.

Move him to the damn bench and let him play the four with Paschall out there who needs help rebounding the ball. Bring energy that way and still try and adapt your game.

Move, move, move. Move yourself, move the ball.....and damn, a layup means as much as a power dunk. This ain’t Instagram posing it’s the NBA and we’re trying to win games.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#82 » by likashing » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:53 pm

I am in the "stay patient" camp. Yes, Oubre has low bball IQ but shooting 10% from 3 and missing dunks are obvious outliers.

Keeping him in the starting lineup and limiting his game to corner 3 and D is the best way to get him back on track. Give him only 20 minutes a game until he figures out his limited responsibilities, and rebuild him from there.

Treat him like Barnes, McCaw, and McKinnie who all play limited roles as our starting SF. I think that is the best way to build him back up to 2015 Barnes level of production.

I just think it is harder for Oubre to get back on track with the bench because he will need to do/think so much more, than playing with Steph and Draymond.

We are only 9 games in.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#83 » by likashing » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:58 pm

I also think it is all mental.

If I were a young un-married NBA star I would have psychological problems too without the dating and clubs and female mingling during COVID.

Lacob and Myers and Kerr need to find some legal ways to get him some so he gets back on track.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#84 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:12 pm

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Takes a lot for Curry to be that demonstrative to his own teammate in game

Its not a hard concept.. if Curry is within your wingspan, you hit his man. Period. If I saw Curry walking down the street I'm screening anyone near him. It's gotta be a reflex

Wow...grate find.

it's one thing to be struggling on offense...it's another to just have a really low hoops IQ to go along with it.

I wonder if we'll see Bazemore switch and start. He's got that same length on defense, at LEAST as good of a scorer and for sure knows the Warriors offense having played through the years.

5 more games....no difference and Oubre is traded for nothing or moved to the bench.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Oubre contract, luxury tax and mid season trade. 

Post#85 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:15 pm

Does anyone know if Warriors can get out from under the 80 Million hit if they trade Oubre away at mid-season? Can they save any money or are they going to pay it now one way or another?

If they can get out from under it or save 40 million, I could see them trading him to the Knicks for 2030 protected 2nd rounder ;)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Re: Oubre contract, luxury tax and mid season trade. 

Post#86 » by Old_Blue » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:24 pm

Nobody will want Oubre. And, attaching a draft pick to any trade would make the initial trade for him all the worse...We're already on the hook for either a low 1st round or high 2nd round pick. Unfortunately, being stuck with Oubre also impacts every other possible roster move this season. For instance, Omari Spellman is now available to add. But, due to Oubre's giant financial hit, a guy like Spellman now becomes prohibitively expensive.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#87 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:34 pm

cladden wrote:Call me crazy but I like what he does. Some of the shot selection has been terrible but he's also had some bad luck. He plays superhard and with a lot of intensity. I think he helps us and will figure it out more as the season gets along.

Kerr(and Draymond) understands how much of an impact a guy that plays with the intensity Oubre does can have on a game. What he brings is not always so impactful(like against the Clippers) but some nights it makes all the difference(like against Sacto) between a tough matchup and an easy win.

Since Kerr understands the importance of sticking to roles and rotations he will continue to start Oubre with the understanding that some games he'll play big minutes and finish but on other nights he'll only play 20mpg or so.

Oubre is a difference maker and if starting him allows him to make the greatest difference I'm all for it.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#88 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:46 pm

But Oubre and Draymond offensively is a disaster for Steph. It allows two extra defenders to sag off and cheat towards Steph.

Steph needs another deep threat on the floor with him to pull a defender off of him.

Playing Oubre and Draymond together makes the defense for the opposing team so much easier. Wherever benefit Oubre is giving you on the defensive end is being washed away on offense.

This is clear as day to me. Not really understanding the Oubre love. In the very least they need to sub him or Draymond early.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#89 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:49 pm

Really tough because it’s have to be to a team under the cap. That team would have to really love him.

More likely is trading him to a playoff team that has had a significant injury and needs to fill a hole. That way you might not have to attach an asset. But it’s more of a deadline deal.

Trading him now is crazy talk
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#90 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:57 pm

This clip at 2:32 is really Kelly Oubre personafied in a nutshell.

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#91 » by floppymoose » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:01 pm

Oubre is a sunk cost. We ride out the season and go from there. It could be a lot worse. He’s been awful on the offensive end but at least the effort is there defensively, so he’s not sabotaging morale.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#92 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:03 pm

Coxy wrote:This clip at 2:32 is really Kelly Oubre personafied in a nutshell.

Haaaaahaaaahaaaa

Bazemore hiding behind the desk. The chemistry on this team is off the charts.

It strikes me that Oubre hasn't yet found that joyful Steph chemistry yet. He looks a little awkward, I wonder if the Dubs famous culture is a little foreign to him?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#93 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:10 pm

hamncheese wrote:
The-Power wrote:People should calm down. Yes, Oubre isn't a smart basketball player and that limits him but he's still much better than what he's shown thus far. We know that because he's been in the league for a couple years, and has played a lot better over longer stretches.

Compared to his last two years, his FTr is currently cut in half, he's shooting 20% worse on 3's and 4-5% worse on 3's. Heck, he only has half as many assists as before, too. That's bound to improve, law of the averages.

Will he be a fit then? Perhaps not. As I said, he's a poor decision maker and an erratic shooter. Still, he's clearly not as bad as he's been thus far and overreactions help nobody. It's still early, and everyone is still figuring things out. Wiggins has improved compared to the season start and so did Paschall (albeit in a new role). Wanamaker is slowly trending upwards and so will Oubre at some point. Then we'll see how he looks out there and draw conclusions.

I understand the frustration, and concerns, but what's the point of trying to get rid of him now? If we had a deal that helps us lined up, sure. But just for the sake of it? Nah, that'd just be poor management.

I agree with this. He's not the smartest bball player, but he is long, athletic, and has some skills. He's playing way below his past production so he needs the time to work it out. And with this season being weird for all teams, I think the Warriors can be patient with this. I know that patience is impossible with fans. If teams reacted to every player underperforming by trading pronto, there would be a completely different team. If there is a trade possibility later that doesn't involve trading a future pick, I'd consider it. At this point, it looks like Oubre recognizes he's not playing well and pressing, but seems to be a good teammate, so you have to limit minutes when it counts and maybe tweak the rotation.

Are you guy watching the games?
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#94 » by mos_def » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:34 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Really tough because it’s have to be to a team under the cap. That team would have to really love him.

More likely is trading him to a playoff team that has had a significant injury and needs to fill a hole. That way you might not have to attach an asset. But it’s more of a deadline deal.

Trading him now is crazy talk

Thats how we got him in the first place
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#95 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:05 pm

Trading him at all is extremely unlikely. Just modify the role.

Put it this way.....if Klay were playing, then Oubre would be coming off the bench anyhow. So why wait? Seriously
Khoee wrote “
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#96 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:15 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Does anyone know if Warriors can get out from under the 80 Million hit if they trade Oubre away at mid-season? Can they save any money or are they going to pay it now one way or another?

If they can get out from under it or save 40 million, I could see them trading him to the Knicks for 2030 protected 2nd rounder ;)

If you're talking about the luxury tax, that number is computed on the team salary on the last day of the season. So yes, if you dumped his salary for a draft pick, for instance, the entire amount, salary and tax would be wiped out.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,894

Post#97 » by Samurai » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:15 pm

parsnips33 wrote:He's been stinking it up, but I do like the energy he brings. Would like to see him at the 4 more, next to Draymond or Paschall. And if his 3 point shot never returns, his role has to be significantly reduced.

Unless he becomes the 35% 3-point shooter that he was last season, the current 13% shooter cannot play next to Draymond or Looney. Having two non-shooters together only invites teams to double/triple team Steph. We should be putting player combinations together that can help free up Curry, not just make it easier for opponents to smother him.
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,610

Post#98 » by parsnips33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:24 pm

Samurai wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:He's been stinking it up, but I do like the energy he brings. Would like to see him at the 4 more, next to Draymond or Paschall. And if his 3 point shot never returns, his role has to be significantly reduced.

Unless he becomes the 35% 3-point shooter that he was last season, the current 13% shooter cannot play next to Draymond or Looney. Having two non-shooters together only invites teams to double/triple team Steph. We should be putting player combinations together that can help free up Curry, not just make it easier for opponents to smother him.

Well he's already playing with Draymond and Wiseman, I'm saying take out Wiseman and put in another shooter essentially.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#99 » by likashing » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:39 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Trading him at all is extremely unlikely. Just modify the role.

Put it this way.....if Klay were playing, then Oubre would be coming off the bench anyhow. So why wait? Seriously

Given how Wiggins is effective with the bench mob, I might start Oubre and bring Wiggins off the bench Iguodala style.

Sub out Oubre early for Wiggins. Then gradually sub out Draymond Klay Steph for bench mob.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,894

Post#100 » by Samurai » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:43 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
Samurai wrote:

Well he's already playing with Draymond and Wiseman, I'm saying take out Wiseman and put in another shooter essentially.

My point is that I don't think Oubre should be playing with Draymond or Looney. I'd rather have him as part of the 2nd unit that is led by Wiggins and Paschall. We could also benefit by having his defense in there while Dray is resting. Wiseman is a rookie who has only played 12 games since his last high school game and will make mistakes accordingly. But he is developing and frankly his 43% shooting on 3's (currently best on the team among the starters) is not hurting our spacing. Plus I like Wiseman on the court with Dray because a) that is one of the best ways to learn how to play defense, b) his 43% deep shooting helps offset the 12% from Green and c) his vertical spacing is most effective with Dray's ability to throw the lob pass. I'd rather see someone who can space the floor and force the opponent to pay if they leave him open to double-team Curry (Lee/Bazemore/Mulder).

Return to Golden State Warriors