ImageImageImageImageImage

Yikes, Wiseman can't compete with Myles Turner. Is Wiseman another kwame brown?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Re: Yikes, Wiseman can't compete with Myles Turner. Is Wiseman another kwame brown? 

Post#101 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:47 pm

marthafokker wrote:
TD739 wrote:If Wiseman can't learn all finer points of post game, then drive hard to the paint and do a simple pump fake would help him immensely.

Is a simple pump fake too much to ask from Wiseman? Or is he a numbskull?

Maybe Kerr's coaching staff sucks? With 6 years, how many rookies under Kerr has done anything? All the while, Pop seems to make majority of his projects look like lottery picks.

Two obnoxious posts on opposite ends of the spectrum but equally absurd.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Yikes, Wiseman can't compete with Myles Turner. Is Wiseman another kwame brown? 

Post#102 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:01 pm

Mylie10 wrote:20 points and 11 rebounds, 2.7 blocks per 36 right now.

That’s with 3 college games, a handful of pro games, no normal training camp, so summer league, and no full summer working with the team hands on.

He’s doing fine people.

Forgot....Covid
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#103 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:05 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20210114&game=GSWDEN

Wiseman was 4-8 with 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks by the end of the third. The game did get out of reach before he added more scoring in the 4th, but Jokic was still on the floor and the scrubs didn't check in until 1:01 remaining. When spin becomes lying, I click ignore and don't look back.

Keep the context coming Sleep!!

We all realize he’s incredibly raw and needs to work on all facets of the game. But context will show you he’s doing well over all. And then the occasional flash of Greatness.

He has the tools to be the greatest of All Time. But he will fall short of that and it’s ok lol. I know hyperbole
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
TD739
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#104 » by TD739 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:41 am

The key to enjoy the Lakers and GS game is expecting Wiseman putting up yet another decent stat. The game will be out of reach so it's perfect for rookie development
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#105 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:25 am

greatest of all time? wut?

i'll be happy if he turns into Drummond.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#106 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:14 am

I said tools Clyde. And you know I did
Khoee wrote “
TD739
Sophomore

Post#108 » by TD739 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm

This is what happen big man doesn't practice post games and spend too much times on fancy dribbles
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#109 » by TB » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:16 pm

Should probably mentioned what is clearly stated in the article:

"These rankings will reflect a rookie's performance on a week-to-week basis, not the collective season, so these aren't Rookie of the Year standings."
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#110 » by marthafokker » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:59 pm

Watching the Phoenix game right now. I be happy if Wiseman got Ayton footwork.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
TD739
Sophomore

Post#111 » by TD739 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:16 pm

Not a great defender and rebounder
Loves dribbling like Anthony randolph
TD739
Sophomore

Post#112 » by TD739 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:35 pm

At this point, I see Wiseman close to Mitchell Robinson of the Knicks. A seven footer as rim runner and finisher.

His footwork is not great due to lack of strong base that will limit his upside to be a consistent go to player
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#113 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:00 pm

Wiseman has a poor mans kat vibe. Kats path to becoming a better defensive player left when KG left. People forget, but the twolves starting unit with rookie kat and 2nd year wiggs had a near top 10 defense when they actually played (rubio, wiggs, prince, kg, and kat.)

Wiseman has the benefit of dray. So maybe he can become not as good as kat offensively, but better defensively.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#114 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:38 am

TD739 wrote:At this point, I see Wiseman close to Mitchell Robinson of the Knicks. A seven footer as rim runner and finisher.

His footwork is not great due to lack of strong base that will limit his upside to be a consistent go to player

I’m so glad you’re around to point this out.....I was under the impression that Wiseman might improve as time goes by.....thanks bud!!

Trade him for a sure thing like Kelly Olynyk
Khoee wrote “
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#115 » by shazam_guy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Is Todd Fuller still out there somewhere? He always had a strong base. Or the Cavs' Anthony Bennett, who I think is also available. Maybe we can cobble something together with one of them coming out of retirement to save us from our terrible draft day mistake.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#116 » by watch1958 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:34 pm

shazam_guy wrote:Is Todd Fuller still out there somewhere? He always had a strong base. Or the Cavs' Anthony Bennett, who I think is also available. Maybe we can cobble something together with one of them coming out of retirement to save us from our terrible draft day mistake.
This. Solid gold. NBA knows it is worthless to rig the lottery to help us, because our FO makes such bad decision. So they are crafting deals to get us guys like Bennett and Eddie Curry. You don't think the Zuhai Wolf Warriors would have just "released" Eddy Curry 2 years ago without serious back room deals with Adam Silver do you?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
TD739
Sophomore

Post#117 » by TD739 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:19 am

Isn't Wiseman similar to Damian Jones, a lob threat and rather weak at defense and rebounding. Those two has alot similaries.

I got my hope pretty high during draft when folks compared Wiseman to David Robinson. Robinson was a terror on defense. Interior defense and rebounding are automatic for robinson. They shouldn't compare Wiseman to Robinson at all.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#118 » by tarantism » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:24 am

Mylie10 wrote:
TD739 wrote:At this point, I see Wiseman close to Mitchell Robinson of the Knicks. A seven footer as rim runner and finisher.

I’m so glad you’re around to point this out.....I was under the impression that Wiseman might improve as time goes by.....thanks bud!!

Oh man, unrelated but Olynyk is downright awful. Single handedly lost the game for the Heat yesterday.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
TD739
Sophomore

Post#119 » by TD739 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:24 am

shazam_guy wrote:Is Todd Fuller still out there somewhere? He always had a strong base. Or the Cavs' Anthony Bennett, who I think is also available. Maybe we can cobble something together with one of them coming out of retirement to save us from our terrible draft day mistake.

Todd Fuller is a white guy with no lift. Never compare black player to a white player.
Bennett is 6'8".
Aweful comparison.
Solid post players all have solid bases like Duncan, elden Campbell, alridge, Rasheed Wallace. They all got pretty good sized calves.

I'm leaving this here as a clear example of what not to do. This sort of "analysis" is inappropriate and unwelcome.
TD739
Sophomore

Post#120 » by TD739 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:31 am

Mylie10 wrote:

Kelly olynyk is white.
Give me Hassan Whiteside or Mitchell Robinson.

I'm leaving this here as a clear example of what not to do. This sort of "analysis" is inappropriate and unwelcome.

Return to Golden State Warriors