ImageImageImageImageImage

Yikes, Wiseman can't compete with Myles Turner. Is Wiseman another kwame brown?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Re: Yikes, Wiseman can't compete with Myles Turner. Is Wiseman another kwame brown? 

Post#21 » by tarantism » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 am

Quinoa is such a healthy and delicious substitute for rice.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
TD739
Sophomore
And1: 16

Re: Yikes, Wiseman can't compete with Myles Turner. Is Wiseman another kwame brown? 

Post#22 » by TD739 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:16 am

My bad. Kwame is heck of post defensive player
Wiseman is another Channing Frye.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 761

Post#23 » by jaymo123 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:20 am

Wiseman will be alright, needs to learn the game more especially post defense and offense.
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#24 » by tal57 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:27 am

TD739 wrote:Number 2 should be an impact big man like alridge, Bosh, embiid, Rasheed Wallace, Jermaine o'neal. Looks we are not getting one

Maybe you should watch 10th pro game of each guy you mentioned here, than make your remarks. Not to mention, other than O'Neil (should check the spelling as well before you mention someone), every one on your list played college ball for 2 or 3 years. How many games Wiseman played in college. The most ridiculous post I had seen in a while.
TD739
Sophomore

Post#25 » by TD739 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:30 am

:P
jaymo123 wrote:Wiseman will be alright, needs to learn the game more especially post defense and offense.

But first they have to ban him from doing the coast to coast move.

Give us the shiet we need; interior defense without fouling and post offense.

And stop giving us the shiet we don't need which coast to coast
TD739
Sophomore

Post#26 » by TD739 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:31 am

tal57 wrote:
TD739 wrote:Number 2 should be an impact big man like alridge, Bosh, embiid, Rasheed Wallace, Jermaine o'neal. Looks we are not getting one

Maybe you should watch 10th pro game of each guy you mentioned here, than make your remarks. Not to mention, other than O'Neil (should check the spelling as well before you mention someone), every one on your list played college ball for 2 or 3 years. How many games Wiseman played in college. The most ridiculous post I had seen in a while.

Natural instincts come during birth.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#27 » by ShayDee » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 am

TD739 wrote::P
jaymo123 wrote:Wiseman will be alright, needs to learn the game more especially post defense and offense.

But first they have to ban him from doing the coast to coast move.

Give us the shiet we need; interior defense without fouling and post offense.

And stop giving us the shiet we don't need which coast to coast

Wisemans main defensive assignment was Sabonis, Sure he picked up fouls against him but he gave him alot of headache and when Wiseman was off the floor Sabonis got alot more comfortable and posted up alot of smaller players with success. Like do you expect a 19 yo C to guard both Sabonis and Turner without fouling out? It wasn't' his full responsibility on Turner and it was probably part of the game plan to leave Turner open, it's just he punished us. We didn't rotate early enough and didn't give Turner enough respect.

Also I agree Wiseman needs alot of learning, especially on the offensive end. He has alot of frustration issues that are affecting his game and His decision making is very suspect right now, but Alot of the players you mentioned were not very good when they were 19 or when they were coming off their freshman year in college. It usually takes time for bigs and right now the game is very fast for Wiseman
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#28 » by Kuya » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:09 am

SMH

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#29 » by Commodor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 am

I think it is very weird how Kerr uses him. Is multiple isos against Turner the right move?

He should be working his high pick and roll with Curry. Steph couldn’t shake free all night and no one could set a screen without a foul. Wiseman can roll or pop, or spring Curry free.

That should be Wiseman’s bread and butter.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#30 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:14 pm

tal57 wrote:

10 games in:

pts/rbd/ast/stl/blk/fg/3p/ft

O'Neal: 4.5/2.9/0.2/0.0/0.6/46/00/65 (18 years old)
Kwame: 4.1/3.0/0.5/0.1/0.6/34/00/72 (19 years old)
Bosh: 8.8/5.1/0.3/0.6/1.1/52/100/85 (19 years old)
James: 10.9/6.1/0.3/0.4/1.5/48/40/60 (19 years old)
Wallace: 10.2/4.4/0.7/0.2/1.4/54/30/68 (21 years old)
Embid: 18.4/7.3/1.1/0.5/2.3/49/50/78 (22 years old)
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#31 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:39 pm

dumb thread, we are better than this...or maybe not
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
michaelwarner
Junior
And1: 42

Post#32 » by michaelwarner » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Coxy wrote:

Agree we need more Messi and Ronaldo juice cakes.

This is the content I'm here for. :D
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#33 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 pm

tarantism wrote:Quinoa is such a healthy and delicious substitute for rice.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app

Quinoa is delicious as a meal with cut up pieces of fried egg, peas, corn and lime juice.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#34 » by likashing » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:54 pm

Did Wiseman steal his girlfriend?
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#35 » by HiRez » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:01 pm

To me, the biggest disappointment with Wiseman so far is his rebounding. He's actually quite bad at it considering his size and athleticism. He seems to be out of position all the time and just passively watches as shots go up and bounce instead of getting after the ball. I can't even count the number of times a smaller player (even his own teammates) have stolen a rebound away from him that should have been his. Not to mention the alarming number of balls that bounce off his hands. Some have suggested these things are "getting used to the speed of the game" but balls bounce off the rim at the same speed in college and high school that they do in the NBA and he seems unprepared much of the time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still high on him and think he'll be really good in time, but he's definitely looking like more of a project at this point than I thought he would be. The fact that his offense is all over the place is not unexpected, and his defensive awareness will improve, but the rebounding should be and needs to be better, that's something he should be able to do better right now. Yes, I know he's one of the top rookies in rebounding, but he's the only rookie center playing significant minutes. Whether he has the physicality to be dominant in the NBA (currently he does not) is still an open question.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#36 » by likashing » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:22 pm

Re: rebounding, young centers do get better after 2-3 seasons in the league. However, it is not an area where a player can drastically improve.

Unlike 3-pt shooting, I don't recall any player suddenly becomes a rebounding machine coming in as a mediocre rebounder.

He is learning though. So I expect him to improve. But don't expect him to become a rebounding machine.

Read on Twitter
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#37 » by shazam_guy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

I think the initials must stand for Trump Defender. This is certainly a similar example of lots of people expending energy arguing against something stupid said by someone we've no reason to be listening to in the first place, let alone giving them legitimacy by trying to disprove their inflammatory statements.

The balls on this niblet to start a topic to air such a pointless, evidence-less complaint so early in the kid's career. Some people just want to see the world burn.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#38 » by InWestWeTrust » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 pm

tal57 wrote:

Take your own advice ballboy :wink:

But I agree with your point, he's a young kid that is learning
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#39 » by Samurai » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:45 am

HiRez wrote:To me, the biggest disappointment with Wiseman so far is his rebounding. He's actually quite bad at it considering his size and athleticism. He seems to be out of position all the time and just passively watches as shots go up and bounce instead of getting after the ball. I can't even count the number of times a smaller player (even his own teammates) have stolen a rebound away from him that should have been his. Not to mention the alarming number of balls that bounce off his hands. Some have suggested these things are "getting used to the speed of the game" but balls bounce off the rim at the same speed in college and high school that they do in the NBA and he seems unprepared much of the time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still high on him and think he'll be really good in time, but he's definitely looking like more of a project at this point than I thought he would be. The fact that his offense is all over the place is not unexpected, and his defensive awareness will improve, but the rebounding should be and needs to be better, that's something he should be able to do better right now. Yes, I know he's one of the top rookies in rebounding, but he's the only rookie center playing significant minutes. Whether he has the physicality to be dominant in the NBA (currently he does not) is still an open question.

I've noticed that his hands don't seem to be as good as I had hoped for. Maybe not quite "hands of stone" Festus Ezeli-level bad, but he is dropping more passes and seems to have trouble securing rebounds in traffic that he gets his hands on. I would think there are drills that coaches can work on with him to improve his hand strength and hand-coordination; if so, he should become a good rebounder. I don't think he has the bully-mentality that will ever make him a dominant rebounder.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#40 » by TB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 am

He's somewhere between Saer Sene and Neon Boudeaux.

Return to Golden State Warriors