Harden trade Dilemma

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Re: Harden trade Dilemma 

Post#101 » by ahmetmekin » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:12 pm

FNQ wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:Quote was from 2019, it was a washed up Livingston. So, no I do not like the idea.
If you play Lee in the starting lineup and somehow he manages to become a consistent contributor then I am pretty sure this would contribute more to next year's team then adding marginal value to Oubre's trade value.

And force Wiggins to take a larger role and get used to shooting in our system, force Draymond to shoot/create more, force Wiseman to take more shots..

There are levels to taking advantage of the situation. Just because he is a team first guy, it does not mean that you play him with terrible lineups. The lineups do not just help improve his stats but they are actively hurting his performance. It is also not a good look for any other star who may want to join.

The whole thing is that he, unlike selfish stars, doesnt care about his individual performance.

Its not a good look that the unquestioned leader here is unselfish and is willing to put his teammates first? How does that work? Again, if it drives away people who absolutely need to be the #1 and get their numbers.. and I can't stress this enough.. GOOD

Nope, other stars would want to play with Curry&Klay. I cannot say that they would want to play for Kerr. Curry and Klay are + Kerr is - for attracting other stars.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#102 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:37 pm

ahmetmekin wrote:
FNQ wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:Quote was from 2019, it was a washed up Livingston. So, no I do not like the idea.
If you play Lee in the starting lineup and somehow he manages to become a consistent contributor then I am pretty sure this would contribute more to next year's team then adding marginal value to Oubre's trade value.

And force Wiggins to take a larger role and get used to shooting in our system, force Draymond to shoot/create more, force Wiseman to take more shots..

There are levels to taking advantage of the situation. Just because he is a team first guy, it does not mean that you play him with terrible lineups. The lineups do not just help improve his stats but they are actively hurting his performance. It is also not a good look for any other star who may want to join.

The whole thing is that he, unlike selfish stars, doesnt care about his individual performance.

Its not a good look that the unquestioned leader here is unselfish and is willing to put his teammates first? How does that work? Again, if it drives away people who absolutely need to be the #1 and get their numbers.. and I can't stress this enough.. GOOD

Nope, other stars would want to play with Curry&Klay. I cannot say that they would want to play for Kerr. Curry and Klay are + Kerr is - for attracting other stars.

And this is all based on KD telling Harden that he wouldnt like GS, even though we'd probably equally not like him here. Seems like a stretch but everyone is finding a way to hate on Kerr these days
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#103 » by kingcong95 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:49 pm

ahmetmekin wrote:
FNQ wrote:

KD wanted Kerr to run more iso. Kerr wasn't willing to do that. I recall we, as fans, didn't want to see more of that.
Harden, we know is too married to his own stats to sacrifice to win a chip. He certainly would not have free rein to do that if he played for Kerr.
The idea of not wanting to play for Kerr, in my opinion, is a sentiment shared strictly between KD and Harden that we cannot extrapolate to all star players.

Return to Golden State Warriors