ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-2022 roster

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Mob Byers
Sophomore
Posts: 111
And1: 56
Joined: Apr 22, 2021
   

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#121 » by Mob Byers » Sat May 22, 2021 4:59 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:I went to Tankathon to sim the lottery and the first result I got was 2 for our pick and 4 for Minnesota's.

Sweet dreams are made of this.


Imagine the 1 and 4 with Jalen Green falling to 4.

The lotto needs to happen ASAP so my dreams can be destroyed :lol:
Image
User avatar
GSWFan1994
Senior
Posts: 712
And1: 788
Joined: Oct 31, 2006
 

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#122 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:14 am

Mob Byers wrote:Imagine the 1 and 4 with Jalen Green falling to 4.

The lotto needs to happen ASAP so my dreams can be destroyed :lol:


:lol:

Even if we stay at 6 & 14, we should have 2 excellent additions to the roster next season.

Scottie Barnes & Jaden Springer would make this team so much better for next season & beyond.
weekend_warrior
Senior
Posts: 529
And1: 189
Joined: Dec 02, 2014
 

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#123 » by weekend_warrior » Sat May 22, 2021 8:39 am

weekend_warrior wrote:I think those guys are a lock for next season (assuming no trade for a star comes up where we would include Wiseman):

Steph
Klay, Poole
Wiggins
Green, JTA
Looney, Wiseman

If Klay can come back healthy, this is a good core already.

Other options include:

Mannion (likely 2-way)
Bazemore (I would bring him back at the minimum, solid rotation player and liked by the team.)
Lee (Can bring him back, he's alright. Might have no spot if better options present themselves.)
Mulder (same as Lee)
Oubre (Probably gone. Maybe we can arrange a S&T?)
Paschall (On the fence with him. Looked good last season and great early on this year. Has fallen off a cliff since (health?).)
Smailagic (Let him go or sign as 2-way if there is still belief.)
Jessup (Let him go up against Lee/Mulder for a spot. Or sign as 2-way.)

Then there is the MLE, our 1st and possibly the Minny 1st.

There are a lot of players that can play some minutes (or be good on a special day), but not enough reliable options. I think we should probably try to consolidate the roster a bit here. Maybe attach the pick(s) to a Oubre S&T and try to get back a good wing player. Or maybe they have a good draft player in mind that can help immediately.

With the MLE we should probably bring in a solid backup point guard. There we are quite thin.

Realistically:

Steph, MLE player
Klay, Poole, Lee/Mulder
Wiggins, Pick or Oubre S&T, Bazemore
Green, JTA, Paschall
Looney, Wiseman, Chriss?

+ Mannion and Jessup on 2-way

Would be absolutely fine with this.


Looks like we cannot do a S&T for Oubre and get players back. Maybe the mentioned TPE is an option, but in this case, we cannot plan with that TPE for the start of next season (I think). So this would be a realistic roster if we stick to most of the players we have and just use our picks and options:

Steph, MLE player, GSW pick
Klay, Poole, Lee/Mulder?
Wiggins, Minny Pick, Bazemore?
Green, JTA, Paschall
Looney, Wiseman, Chriss?

+ Mannion and Jessup on 2-way

Steph, Poole, Wiggins, Green, JTA, Looney are legit parts of the core rotation from this season. That's (only) 6 players.

So we need the MLE guy, Klay, Wiseman and the Minny pick to bring this to 10 next season. The rest are fillers for the moment, hopefully some with potential (GSW pick, Jessup, ...).

Another possibility would be to consolidate Wiseman/picks to get something back. Don't have any realistic ideas for the moment. Anyways I would rather expect the conservative approach until we see how Klay looks.
DIO
Senior
Posts: 730
And1: 116
Joined: Dec 03, 2007

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#124 » by DIO » Sat May 22, 2021 9:02 am

It's time to stop MAIN HANDLER DRAY

we absolutely need a ball handler
superunknown
Junior
Posts: 467
And1: 111
Joined: Sep 25, 2018
       

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#125 » by superunknown » Sat May 22, 2021 1:08 pm

they should bring masai ujiri in the bay at whatever cost and let him (and his associates) deal with the 2021-2022 roster task.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,991
And1: 432
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#126 » by Scoots1994 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:03 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:I went to Tankathon to sim the lottery and the first result I got was 2 for our pick and 4 for Minnesota's.

Sweet dreams are made of this.


Mobley and Green?
Dom801e
Senior
Posts: 685
And1: 149
Joined: Jul 05, 2016

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#127 » by Dom801e » Mon May 24, 2021 1:19 am

Curry/MLE/Mannion or Draft pick
Thompson/Poole/Bazemore or Draft Pick
Wiggins/Lee or draft pick/Jessup
Green/JTA/Chriss or Draft Pick
Looney/Wiseman/Vet min

MLE PG targets:
McConnell
Graham
Neto
Ish Smith
Mills
McGlaughlin
Exum
Lowry?

Vet Big targets:
Len
Dedmon
Dieng
McGee
Whiteside
Marjanovic
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,352
And1: 246
Joined: Jan 28, 2014

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#128 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Mon May 24, 2021 7:23 pm

A lot of interesting tidbits from today's presser with Meyers and Kerr.

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 9,882
And1: 1,859
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#129 » by Onus » Mon May 24, 2021 9:06 pm

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:A lot of interesting tidbits from today's presser with Meyers and Kerr.

Read on Twitter

A floor spacing big man? I guess no faith in Wiseman to do that next year.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,943
And1: 881
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#130 » by killmongrel » Mon May 24, 2021 9:27 pm

Onus wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:A lot of interesting tidbits from today's presser with Meyers and Kerr.

Read on Twitter

A floor spacing big man? I guess no faith in Wiseman to do that next year.


Isn't that what Chriss or Wiseman can be? If not, then Dedmon and Gasol are the only ones I see who fit the bill but also are in the Warrior's MLE/vet minimum range. If Looney opts out, I think they just let him move on it seems.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 13,373
And1: 5,140
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#131 » by wco81 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:05 pm

Potential free agent targets for the Warriors:

If they are willing to take less money

Paul Millsap
PJ Tucker
Danny Green
Patty Mills


Hard to gauge their price

Nicolas Batum
Torrey Craig
Otto Porter Jr.


Minimum perhaps?

JJ Redick
Trevor Ariza


Bringing back W’s?

Kelly Oubre (Bird rights)
Kent Bazemore
Andre Iguodala ($15m club option)


More details at the link.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/12-nba-free-agents-warriors-could-be-interested-summer?utm_tags=nbcsemail2000&mi_u=438C0C21-0AEF-428F-AB31-4A3274DAA73A
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 13,955
And1: 5,319
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#132 » by cpower » Fri May 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Onus wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:A lot of interesting tidbits from today's presser with Meyers and Kerr.

Read on Twitter

A floor spacing big man? I guess no faith in Wiseman to do that next year.

Chriss and Wannamaker ... :lol:
weekend_warrior
Senior
Posts: 529
And1: 189
Joined: Dec 02, 2014
 

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#133 » by weekend_warrior » Fri May 28, 2021 8:27 pm

Onus wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:A lot of interesting tidbits from today's presser with Meyers and Kerr.

Read on Twitter

A floor spacing big man? I guess no faith in Wiseman to do that next year.


Maybe. Or let's look at what we have:

Green: bad shooter with low confidence
JTA: good percentages this year from 3, bad last year (what is he?), needs a midrange game too
Paschall: good in the midrange, spotty from 3
Looney: basically a non-shooter
Wiseman: needs to be seen

From this group, JTA might project to be the best shooter. And this is the entire big rotation. I can see why they would want to add more shooting irrespective of Wiseman.
Samurai
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,361
And1: 1,998
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#134 » by Samurai » Fri May 28, 2021 8:33 pm

Onus wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:A lot of interesting tidbits from today's presser with Meyers and Kerr.

Read on Twitter

A floor spacing big man? I guess no faith in Wiseman to do that next year.

Not necessarily. And I don't think that wanting another playmaking guard necessarily means that he has no faith in Curry either. Whether Wiseman develops his 3-point shot or not, it is clear that we need more depth in bigs that can shoot, just as we need more depth in playmaking guards beyond Curry.

Unless, of course, you have a specific agenda against Wiseman and then yes, Myers unequivocally has absolutely zero faith in Wiseman (and/or Curry, depending on how far the agenda goes).
rcg
Sophomore
Posts: 112
And1: 6
Joined: Jan 22, 2008

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#135 » by rcg » Fri May 28, 2021 10:04 pm

Send out Oubre on a sign and trade for a TPE. Use that money to sign Richaun Holmes and Chriss.
Send Wiggins to the Clippers for sign and trades of Kawhi and Reggie Jackson. Why do the Clippers do this? Because otherwise Kawhi opts out and the Clips have nothing.
Sign Bazemore and Lee with MLE.
Let Mulder and Smailagic walk.
Two ways for Mannion and Jessup.
Use one of the 2021 picks to move up in the draft and get one top 5 pick, assuming neither pick is a top 5 on its own. If it is, then trade one pick for a 2022 first.

Curry/Jackson/(Mannion)
Thompson/Poole/Bazemore
Leonard/Top 5 pick/Lee/(Jessup)
Green/JTA/Paschall/Chriss.
Holmes/Wiseman/Looney
rcg
Sophomore
Posts: 112
And1: 6
Joined: Jan 22, 2008

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#136 » by rcg » Fri May 28, 2021 10:10 pm

Oh, Smailagic would have to go with Wiggins. Jackson would have to come in via TPE money or MLE.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,991
And1: 432
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#137 » by Scoots1994 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:17 pm

No love for Kelly Olynyk? Maybe the Rockets want Oubre :)
Mob Byers
Sophomore
Posts: 111
And1: 56
Joined: Apr 22, 2021
   

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#138 » by Mob Byers » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:08 am

Saw some Memphis fans talking about their love for a Scottie Barnes/JJJ frontcourt.

Say we land the #7 + #14 in the lotto and Barnes is available at #7

1. Draft Day blockbuster:

Boston In: JV, Paschall, (Possibly send the GS 2024 1st here if value is poor)
Boston Out: Smart

Grizz In: #7-Barnes, Wiggins
Grizz Out: JV, Anderson, Bane, GS 2024 1st

Dubs In: Smart, Anderson, Bane, GS 2024 1st
Dubs Out: #7-Barnes, Wiggins, Paschall

2. Draft Franz Wagner @ #14

3. FA signings:
Chriss @ vet min
James Johnson full TPMLE
Bazemore resigned (or keep Lee) (or Andre @ vet min)

4. Klay returns

Curry/Poole/GP2
Klay/Smart/Bazemore
Anderson/Bane/Wagner
Green/Johnson/JTA
Wiseman/Looney/Chriss

2 way: Mannion, Undrafted guy

On paper, the depth is here. Lots of small ball options, where we play best. Smart, Johnson, and Anderson add veteran depth.

Thoughts?
Image
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,991
And1: 432
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#139 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:53 am

Mob Byers wrote:Saw some Memphis fans talking about their love for a Scottie Barnes/JJJ frontcourt.

Say we land the #7 + #14 in the lotto and Barnes is available at #7

1. Draft Day blockbuster:

Boston In: JV, Paschall, (Possibly send the GS 2024 1st here if value is poor)
Boston Out: Smart

Grizz In: #7-Barnes, Wiggins
Grizz Out: JV, Anderson, Bane, GS 2024 1st

Dubs In: Smart, Anderson, Bane, GS 2024 1st
Dubs Out: #7-Barnes, Wiggins, Paschall

2. Draft Franz Wagner @ #14

3. FA signings:
Chriss @ vet min
James Johnson full TPMLE
Bazemore resigned (or keep Lee) (or Andre @ vet min)

4. Klay returns

Curry/Poole/GP2
Klay/Smart/Bazemore
Anderson/Bane/Wagner
Green/Johnson/JTA
Wiseman/Looney/Chriss

2 way: Mannion, Undrafted guy

On paper, the depth is here. Lots of small ball options, where we play best. Smart, Johnson, and Anderson add veteran depth.

Thoughts?


I don't think I'd that trade Anderson is just okay, and while Smart WAS good his game fell off a lot this year, I like Bane and the 2024 first of course, but Wiggins got better and is still only 25, Paschall still has good potential with a real offseason, and #7 in THIS draft has some pretty good value when there is certain to be a future all-star on the board.

I'm not sold on Wagner yet, but I'm not against him either.
ChuckDurn
Analyst
Posts: 3,286
And1: 527
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#140 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:31 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:Saw some Memphis fans talking about their love for a Scottie Barnes/JJJ frontcourt.

Say we land the #7 + #14 in the lotto and Barnes is available at #7

1. Draft Day blockbuster:

Boston In: JV, Paschall, (Possibly send the GS 2024 1st here if value is poor)
Boston Out: Smart

Grizz In: #7-Barnes, Wiggins
Grizz Out: JV, Anderson, Bane, GS 2024 1st

Dubs In: Smart, Anderson, Bane, GS 2024 1st
Dubs Out: #7-Barnes, Wiggins, Paschall

2. Draft Franz Wagner @ #14

3. FA signings:
Chriss @ vet min
James Johnson full TPMLE
Bazemore resigned (or keep Lee) (or Andre @ vet min)

4. Klay returns

Curry/Poole/GP2
Klay/Smart/Bazemore
Anderson/Bane/Wagner
Green/Johnson/JTA
Wiseman/Looney/Chriss

2 way: Mannion, Undrafted guy

On paper, the depth is here. Lots of small ball options, where we play best. Smart, Johnson, and Anderson add veteran depth.

Thoughts?


I don't think I'd that trade Anderson is just okay, and while Smart WAS good his game fell off a lot this year, I like Bane and the 2024 first of course, but Wiggins got better and is still only 25, Paschall still has good potential with a real offseason, and #7 in THIS draft has some pretty good value when there is certain to be a future all-star on the board.

I'm not sold on Wagner yet, but I'm not against him either.

Agreed with all of this, and I’d add that I don’t think either Anderson or Bane are at their best when playing SF. Anderson is more effective playing the 4 (and struggles to keep up with most 3’s speed), and Bane doesn’t have the wingspan to do it that well either. This trade has us over-loading on guards and weakening the 3.

If Barnes is there when we pick (at any of 6, 7, or 8), I think we absolutely would consider making a deal. But I don’t think it would look like this one.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?

Return to Golden State Warriors