ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Kerr a system guy

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Re: Is Kerr a system guy 

Post#21 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:46 am

Kerr is clearly "his" systems guy, unfortunately only Curry and Dray excel in this system.

Looney and Wiggs can play in this system (but not excel), maybe Lee and JTA. I don't think anyone else can.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 787

Re: Is Kerr a system guy 

Post#22 » by vagelis » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:54 pm

I found what Durant said about motion offense, it seems that he didnt like the system

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2019/9/10/20858867/nba-2019-kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-brooklyn-nets-why-he-left

“‘The motion offense we run in Golden State, it only works to a certain point,’ he says. ‘We can totally rely on only our system for maybe the first two rounds. Then the next two rounds we’re going to have to mix in individual play. We’ve got to throw teams off, because they’re smarter in that round of playoffs. So now I had to dive into my bag, deep, to create stuff on my own, off the dribble, isos, pick-and-rolls, more so than let the offense create my points for me.’ He wanted to go to someplace where he’d be free to hone that sort of improvisational game throughout the regular season.”

It seems that Kerr does not like isolation and does not like players who excel in isolation.
His system fits to a specific kind of players. But in that point the roster has not that kind of players. Curent roster players may dont like either the system that they are called to play.
I think that he should try to play a little diferent and make some adjustments.

Return to Golden State Warriors